• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desverger

Akali is so much fun. A high damage burster (when built AP) with a GOOD escape mechanism. I think I'm in love!

Her shroud should always be used defensively. I've seen so many people play her wrong and use it to initiate a gank. WRONG!

VaLiancY

7f012789f874c95cd2024c13ba6801dc76c507e4.png

1ec12d352c299a2a43777593898d9585324071c7.png
f02e2b926baa5345330d2c50767b768fdeb4e76f.png
5723350364e025c98f9bdc6786f87d849e9d4eb1.png
059e16f53f01c3e4d104870560f32c2e3817318c.png
56fd3cf227afab9747e195fc3f27cce4d01a7351.png

y2dvd

desverger said:
Akali is so much fun. A high damage burster (when built AP) with a GOOD escape mechanism. I think I'm in love!

Her shroud should always be used defensively. I've seen so many people play her wrong and use it to initiate a gank. WRONG!
I've seen her absolutely demolish before. And that dash of hers goes so far. Scariest char for me when I'm playing a squishy. @_@

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I really wish there was an 'unlock all' package. I'd pay $50-60 to have all the heroes unlocked and get future ones for free. I don't care about skins and I could use my IP towards runes.

Archie said:
I really wish there was an 'unlock all' package. I'd pay $50-60 to have all the heroes unlocked and get future ones for free. I don't care about skins and I could use my IP towards runes.

Hah. That'll be the day. When was the last hero that came out that wasn't 975 RP? Like a month after the game came out?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
When you go into a game with someone named suckitni***s. You know he will suck. You also know he will do nothing but bitch, talk, and ping. Mouse 1 must have been ping while mouse 2 being move.

Anyways, 3-4 weeks later and still loving this. Heh. Nearing my 50th win with 3 characters owned.

shintoki said:
When you go into a game with someone named suckitni***s. You know he will suck. You also know he will do nothing but bitch, talk, and ping. Mouse 1 must have been ping while mouse 2 being move.

Anyways, 3-4 weeks later and still loving this. Heh. Nearing my 50th win with 3 characters owned.

I know what you mean, unfortunately.

How can you stand playing three characters that much? My most played character is Udyr right now and I'm 16-8 with him and I've played like 250 games.

caromelo

thestopsign said:
I know what you mean, unfortunately.

How can you stand playing three characters that much? My most played character is Udyr right now and I'm 16-8 with him and I've played like 250 games.
Some people like the idea of having a main by which they've honed their skills and strategies with that hero. Instead of being a Jack of all trades, master of none; I'd rather persist with a hero I find fun and become confident with it before adding more champs to add to my repetoir. :)

caromelo

Holy shit, now that's a long game! I just got done playing a long one hour game, and at that point any minor mistake means defeat for the other team. Even something as going for a piss break might change the balance of the game. How'd it all go down?

VaLiancY

Why are Ashe players so fucking bad?! Jesus Christ. A shitty build which consist of a Philospher Stone > Boots of Swiftness > Brutalizer > Avarice Blade > Ghostblade. Fire arrows half way across the map without giving a heads up, tower dives for a kill to only feed and farms the jungle while a team fight goes on. While the other team's Ashe has a fucking Infinity Edge, Merc treads and starts building Starks to be useful to the team by kiting and blowing people up.

I swear losing streaks are the fucking worst when you get the same scrub person on your team.

/rant.

VaLiancY said:
Why are Ashe players so fucking bad?! Jesus Christ. A shitty build which consist of a Philospher Stone > Boots of Swiftness > Brutalizer > Avarice Blade > Ghostblade. Fire arrows half way across the map without giving a heads up, tower dives for a kill to only feed and farms the jungle while a team fight goes on. While the other team's Ashe has a fucking Infinity Edge, Merc treads and starts building Starks to be useful to the team by kiting and blowing people up.

I swear losing streaks are the fucking worst when you get the same scrub person on your team.

/rant.

Yea good Ashe players are few and far between. I can't wait for Shaco and Heimer nerfs.

Mairu

VaLiancY said:

/rant.
We're not all bad :(

see above

IcedTea

y2dvd said:
So what's Akali's combo once she has ult? R>E>W>Q>E?
Q > R > E, repeat as cooldowns come up. Save the stealth for escaping after your free kill. Actually it really depends on the situation, assuming you're out of melee range this works pretty well though. You hit with her throw, then when you ult to them you auto attack and trigger the proc on her throw, then use her aoe.

The stealth is really dependant on who you're attacking and what teammates they have around. If you're going to jump a Yi or something it is prolly a good idea, whereas a Morg or Kennen can still hit you through it with all of their stuff, and if you need the damage reduction on it just to survive ganking them you'll probably get killed shortly after anyways.

VaLiancY said:

/rant.

Practice character, etc.

VaLiancY

Jazzy Network said:
If you guys could get 1 hero out of these 2, Xin Zhao, Vladimir, or Olaf, who would you get? Actually been thinking Kog Maw too. Any suggestions?

Vlad's is getting balanced out and I think he's a strong caster despite he lacks CC. I know Sanguine Pool snares but I rather use it for escaping with the cost of health it requires. He has a lot of survivability and his Q becomes his autoattack at level 5. His ult is amazing in a team fight or finishing people off.

Xin is a great melee character,great health and he has plenty of CC options and his ult is a great initiator. With at least one attack speed item, you don't have to worry about cooldowns with his W.

Brolaf is another great melee carry and a great jungler(Smite + his W heals him along with Madred procs). He the only attack item he needs his Frozen Mallet and a Wriggles if you're jungling. :lol With a Starks you'll be over 50% Lifesteal and his passive, you're a bitch to take down.

Kog'maw - no fucking idea.:lol After playing Ez and Trist I'm very skeptical against other ranged carries.

Mairu

VaLiancY said:
Vlad's is getting balanced out and I think he's a strong caster despite he lacks CC. I know Sanguine Pool snares but I rather use it for escaping with the cost of health it requires. He has a lot of survivability and his Q becomes his autoattack at level 5. His ult is amazing in a team fight or finishing people off.

Xin is a great melee character,great health and he has plenty of CC options and his ult is a great initiator. With at least one attack speed item, you don't have to worry about cooldowns with his W.

Brolaf is another great melee carry and a great jungler(Smite + his W heals him along with Madred procs). He the only attack item he needs his Frozen Mallet and a Wriggles if you're jungling. :lol With a Starks you'll be over 50% Lifesteal and his passive, you're a bitch to take down.

Kog'maw - no fucking idea.:lol After playing Ez and Trist I'm very skeptical against other ranged carries.
Kog'maw is a total beast if you get him up with good items, his range is ridiculous

John

I'd just like to inform everyone that despite Heimer being nerfed pretty bad today:

Heimerdinger

* H-28G Evolution Turret
o Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3
o H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets
o Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16
* CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings
* CH-1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55

I'm still holding up. No crying at my house. I wouldn't do that.

330focy.jpg

28qu3c5.jpg

I was tossing nades at towers the whole match :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
lolgafpremade01.jpg

Full GAF premade (won). I sold my boots temporarily and bought all four elixirs for the final push. ;b

Extreme glowiness!

Edit: oh, didn't realize that they added automatically activated elixirs this patch, if you buy when your inventory is full. will keep that in mind

VaLiancY

Mairu said:
Kog'maw is a total beast if you get him up with good items, his range is ridiculous

I don't doubt he's a beast, I've seen tanks turn into goo and people dumb enough to get hit with Living Artillery. It's just with his shit passive and no escape mechanic are too much of a trade for mobility.

John said:
I'd just like to inform everyone that despite Heimer being nerfed pretty bad today:

I'm still holding up. No crying at my house. I wouldn't do that.

I was tossing nades at towers the whole match :lol

People think Heimer is Evelynn tier after this nerf. People keep running into my buddies turrets not knowing the health buff and his rockets still hit like a truck.:lol

Rayven

aka surume
EviLore said:
Edit: oh, didn't realize that they added automatically activated elixirs this patch, if you buy when your inventory is full. will keep that in mind
Yeah, it's a stopgap till we find time to do dedicated consumable slots.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
The new guy is 3150? Niceeeeeeeeeee

Now the question becomes if I should buy him or not. I have 3968 IP. Hmm.

Bought Xin and won my first game, but I only went 9-8. Any tips? I picked up a Last Whisper and Mallet as my first 2 main items. What's the combo? W>Q>E>R? Also what summoner spells are good for him? I used Exhaust and Ghost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is emmanuelinator on anyone else's buddy list? I assumed he was from gaf because he added me one day but I don't see him in the thread.

Hi emmanuel are you there? You really need to:

Stop rushing crit cloak on heroes like Nunu and Kat.

Get boots.

Heal is not good on every hero and revive is bad. A spell that only works when you die and takes 9 minute to recharge is a very bad spell.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How often do the 6k+ champions go down to 3k? I was thinking of buying Malzahar, but don't really want to spend 2 champions worth.

VaLiancY

Jazzy Network said:
Bought Xin and won my first game, but I only went 9-8. Any tips? I picked up a Last Whisper and Mallet as my first 2 main items. What's the combo? W>Q>E>R? Also what summoner spells are good for him? I used Exhaust and Ghost.

I start off with W so I can refresh my cooldowns faster. E followed by Q. I prefer the knockup since you can't cleanse out of it and a teammate can follow up on.

Ever since the patch came out, I've been having trouble patching LoL.

I've reinstalled at least 5 times, cleaned registry, everything, still to no avail...

I guess I'm gonna have to take a break until they release the standalone client with the new patch, or at least a way to manually patch existing installations.

Odrion

Banned
Man, Urgot suuuuuuuuucks.

He's pretty good in the early game, and can harass the hell out of people (he's a great Mid) his functionality drops dead after that. Not a good enough tank, not a good enough attacker, and his ult is very situational.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn this game looks pretty fun... right up my alley too with all these stat shenanigans

i don't mind playing on the lowest settings : | but i'm wondering if there's any way to play this on a laptop with an integrated video card

my pretty non-upgradable laptop:
4096MB 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Memory
Intel® Core™2 Duo T6400 Mobile Processor2 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
Chassis with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 with up to 1759MB of Dynamic Video Memory and Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

Macattk15

Odrion said:

He's pretty good in the early game, and can harass the hell out of people (he's a great Mid) his functionality drops dead after that. Not a good enough tank, not a good enough attacker, and his ult is very situational.

I agree. He does suck. Very underwhelming. He just isn't awesome at any one thing, but is decent enough at a lot of things to not be completely terrible.

caromelo

Odrion said:

It's too early to tell really if he's truly good enough to be a mainstay of most 5v5s (I doubt it). I played a game where he did exceptionally well against an Annie mid. When he came top to help me (Taric) gank a Kat who was hugging tower, a simple bait by me away from tower range and stun followed by a swap equals an easy kill.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
jon bones said:
damn this game looks pretty fun... right up my alley too with all these stat shenanigans

i don't mind playing on the lowest settings : | but i'm wondering if there's any way to play this on a laptop with an integrated video card

my pretty non-upgradable laptop:
4096MB 667MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Memory
Intel® Core™2 Duo T6400 Mobile Processor2 (2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
Chassis with Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 with up to 1759MB of Dynamic Video Memory and Intel® GM45 Express Chipset

You'll be fine. And hell, it's free so you have nothing to lose other than 700 mb of bandwidth and 30 minutes of your time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Legato.Reborn- said:
and you'll rage a lot too, don't forget that

I've raged once playing LoL, and that was when I was brand new to DotA clones and went 0/15 in one of my first games and was being flamed.

Volodja

I have just registered myself and am now updating the game.
Where should I start searching some other sources of informations other than the tutorials (aside from doing them obviously)?
Is the guide on the official site good enough?
From the limited knowledge I have of this type of game I suppose it is heavily knowledge based (knowing what to buy when and what skill use and how) so I would imagine that before just crashing in some random games and ruining the life of my teammates I should start doing some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom