• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man tank Cho is a monster. 3K hp a ton of armor and mr and get a Guardian and he's basically unkillable. Along with his Q and W he has a ton of usefulness in team battlrs outside of just tanking. I don't understand why more people don't play him.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Alex said:
Valve's game will have issues too. I suggest staying offline entirely if you're one of those types who rages at the occasional block of server troubles. =/ No matter how much money or experience or skill, shit happens.

the only game i really play is local mp street fighter. this is the first pc and/or online mp game i've bought in a while so i got a little frustrated

IcedTea

Alex said:
Valve's game will have issues too. I suggest staying offline entirely if you're one of those types who rages at the occasional block of server troubles. =/ No matter how much money or experience or skill, shit happens.
To be fair, there's a fairly large difference between the usual problems you get with online games and the last couple months of League of Legends.

Alex

IcedTea said:
To be fair, there's a fairly large difference between the usual problems you get with online games and the last couple months of League of Legends.

True! While it's been good for me until the past few days, but the popularity has exploded over the past stretch so it was kind of predictable. Companies always, always underestimate their load for these games when they catch any momentum.

According to a new status post, they're adding in new hardware to fix this so I hope for the best.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so i played 2 games w/ Amumu last night. won a game with 4 / 5/ 0

he's great! like his W as it just nicks away at minions around you. Ghost & Q got used a bit to chase down and kill enemy champs

getting the hang of the flow of the game. (ie, early / mid / late game goals )

still trying to figure out item usage

VaLiancY

Jazzy Network said:
Man tank Cho is a monster. 3K hp a ton of armor and mr and get a Guardian and he's basically unkillable. Along with his Q and W he has a ton of usefulness in team battlrs outside of just tanking. I don't understand why more people don't play him.

That 4 second silence shuts down so much shit - I love it. Try's Endless Rage and Zil's Resurrection say bye bye!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
When you just get put in a game...and one person has mapped out the entire battle plan(Basically telling everyone what to do)

You just know you are fucked. :lol

shintoki said:
When you just get put in a game...and one person has mapped out the entire battle plan(Basically telling everyone what to do)

You just know you are fucked. :lol

I'm personally okay with someone trying to be the leader. As long as he's competent.

Odrion

Banned
Corki really, really, really needed that range buff.

There's a bunch of people who are completely excited about the Mundo buff, but I don't really see it. It's a bunch of slight changes on how his energy system works and a nice little buff to his ult (but his ult usually had the capability of healing you near full health if you bought Spirit Visage.)

So happy Ezreal is getting nerfed again, that dude can be insane.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why does that link keep redirecting me to the S1 trailer :\

desverger

One direct "buff" in those notes for Warwick, interesing..

Warwick
o Blood Scent is now a toggle.

Can't count the times Blood Scent has ruined a gank when it alerts enemies to your presence. This is actually pretty great, even for sneaking in the enemy jungle and getting buffs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
desverger said:
One direct "buff" in those notes for Warwick, interesing..

Warwick
o Blood Scent is now a toggle.

Can't count the times Blood Scent has ruined a gank when it alerts enemies to your presence. This is actually pretty great, even for sneaking in the enemy jungle and getting buffs.
Even if they know I'm coming... It's already too late. I build up that movement speed. Hit ghost and spirited across the map to catch some poor bastard who thought he was getting away.

VaLiancY

Miss Fortune
a5cf38c54a6cb55e49ceba5d06fdc1e32e1344d8.jpg

Strut / Miss Fortune gains an additional 25 movement speed after falling out of combat for 7 or more seconds, increasing each second up to 80 maximum bonus speed.
-
Double Up [Miss Fortune's Q] / 70/75/80/85/90 Mana / 9/8/7/6/5 sec Cooldown [3] / 650 Range / Miss Fortune fires a shot at an enemy target, dealing 35/70/105/140/175 (+0.75AD) as physical damage and 120% of that damage to another enemy target behind the first.
-
Impure Shots [Miss Fortune's W] / 50 Mana / 16 sec Cooldown [9.6] / Passive: Increases Miss Fortune's damage on her target by 6/8/10/12/14 (+0.05 AP) with each attack, cumulatively stacking up to 4 times. Active: Miss Fortune's attack speed is increased by 30/35/40/45/50% for 6 seconds and causes her attacks to lower healing received by the target by 50%.
-
Make It Rain [Miss Fortune's E] / 80/85/90/95/100 Mana / 15 sec Cooldown [9] / 800 Range / Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 95/155/215/275/335 (+0.32AP) magic damage over 2 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1.5 seconds.
-
Bullet Time [Miss Fortune's R] / 150 Mana / 120/110/100 sec Cooldown [60] / 1500 Range / Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her for 2 seconds, dealing 45/70/95 plus the higher value between (+0.25AP) or (+0.03AD) magic damage per bullet, hitting up to 8 times to each target.

NEW ITEM - Manamune : +350 Mana +7 Mana Regen per 5 sec +20 Attack Damage UNIQUE Passive: 2% of your Max Mana is converted to Attack Damage. UNIQUE Passive: Each time your Champion attacks or uses an Ability, their Maximum Mana will increase by 4 Mana (2 for attacks). Bonus caps at 1000 mana.

I want a Bayonetta skin ASAP!

Edit - Instead we get this NSFW skin. Big tits seems to be Riot's strong point in designing females. (Except my wonderful awesome Poppy).

Edit 2 - Added ratios. Source. There will be another PTR update so these numbers ain't final.

desverger

shintoki said:
Even if they know I'm coming... It's already too late. I build up that movement speed. Hit ghost and spirited across the map to catch some poor bastard who thought he was getting away.

Hmm.. Maybe I should try sprint with Warwick. I assume it stacks with Blood Scent :p

Could be fun. Although I like exhaust a lot, not sure if I want to replace it. It's great for a lot of uses, for example when you need to take down a tower with low health when there's a champ sitting there. Or when TF ports in and wants to gank you :lol

And I'm always jungling so I only have 1 choice for a summoner spell.

That new champ seems interesting, could be a nice fit for my runes. Kind of weird that she sounds like a hybrid like Kat.

Alex

Everyone needs to stop making:

1.) Zombies
2.) Pirates
3.) Ninjas

That said, she sounds pretty neat. Going to be an expensive one, probably?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not too interested, almost at the 6.3k for Malzahar. ^_^

Have to say, I quite enjoy the unlocking system. They give me 10 each week to play around with, and every week. I find one or two I like and wish to own. So, it takes me a week or two, maybe 3(For the 6k'ers) to get the points for.

LoL is definitely one of the few examples of a "Good" F2P business model. I dunno how well it's working out for Riot but it definitely doesn't seem like it's doing poorly.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I still wish Riot would release an 'all heroes' pack for $60 or something. I like LoL, but every time I play I think 'oh I wonder what soandso is like' and realize that I'd have to play another 20 matches or spend $5 to figure out.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Teknopathetic said:
LoL is definitely one of the few examples of a "Good" F2P business model. I dunno how well it's working out for Riot but it definitely doesn't seem like it's doing poorly.

I hope they're doing well, their business model is so perfect for me, I'd like to see it spread.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Riot has to be swimming in money. There is no way they could afford a $100,000 pool at WCG and an expensive CGI trailer that rivals Blizzard's work if they were struggling.

dionysus

Yaldog
Just started playing this, been hitting it hardcore. Add me as a friend if you want to play with a level 6. Been playing as Vladimir and while he sucks early game he seems pretty beastly by end game.

Add me: dionysus22 lvl 6 but climbing fast.

Edit. This F2P model is definitely working on me. Already spent $20 and I have only been playing for 3 days.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Teknopathetic said:
It could be the genre, or just how they approached it. It simply does the "Carrot on the stick" right with me. It's such an obvious grind, but I don't mind it at all.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
shintoki said:
It could be the genre, or just how they approached it. It simply does the "Carrot on the stick" right with me. It's such an obvious grind, but I don't mind it at all.

Is it really a grind if all you have to do is actually play the game?

"I've seen him built tank/ad...i dont know whats better tbh."

Neither, really. He's not good at either. Urgot is fairly strong laning until level 7-8, then his DPS hits a wall entirely and you're somewhat forced into a tank role, but you're not worth focusing. You can't CC anyone and you do no threatening damage. All you really have is a relatively situational use ult in the second half of the game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
spermatic cord said:
Want to start playing this while I'm bored of HON and wait for new heroes. Any advice for a HON player

It's pretty much a more lenient HoN/DotA. If you're already proficient in those games you will have no problem getting into LoL. IIRC you like Deadwood in HoN so pick a ganker like Twitch or Teemo and go to town.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ironic right after Riot promises to make their servers less unstable people start having some weird ass lag that makes it impossible for a select few people in every game to play.

At least when it affected everyone it was kind of fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom