• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Her roll is to sit her ass in a lane and farm all game. Eventually after some 10k+ gold, she'll be useful.
Indeed, and the shield does not help that at all. If Sivir was in DOTA, I'd take one level of shield for the BIG PLAYS potential, and then dump everything else into stats.

Jenga

Banned
how to balance riven: by jenga

-make her AOE stun an AOE slow, increase CDR by 1 sec on all levels
-nerf base HP regen

the end

bjaelke

Morello on the jungle revamp:
The new jungle has a few major goals:

Jungling right now is rather static at the high level, both in jungle routes and optimal ganking times. Because of how valuable the individual monsters are and how slowly they respawn, players typically only gank after the jungle is fully cleared.
Decision-making will be more complex in the jungle. Choosing when to gank and when to farm will be a much more difficult endeavor:
Players who gank successfully will find themselves growing in power against a jungler who simply sits and farms in the jungle all day.
Additionally, leaving to gank before clearing the rest of the jungle will not inhibit your ability to farm as individual camps are less significant.

Jungling rewards aren’t smoothed out to be “right” for most of the game, causing junglers to cannibalize their teammates’ lanes to keep up in levels.
As the new jungle has gold and experience growth throughout the game, efficient junglers can keep up with gold and experience just by staying inside the jungle and ganking.
Fast and efficient jungling and counter-jungling becomes even more important: Squeezing another three seconds out of your jungle pattern will almost immediately pay off with the faster respawns.
Counter-junglers will have to be more predictive and clever to directly engage their opponents, but will also find that monsters are available for stealing much more often.
With the difficulty of the current jungle, only specialized champions and builds can succeed in the jungle.

With low-HP but faster-respawning monsters, more item and rune setups can be used. This opens up options for more junglers:
The champions and builds you’ve grown accustomed to will still work perfectly well.
New options exist, too: Go full-out offense for faster speed? Start with boots for a fast Lizard buff gank? The choices are yours, and all of them have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Looking forward to trying a few new champions in the jungle. My only concern right now is the bolded part. Riot wanted to encourage more aggresive play (e.g. reduce minion damage). People are just going to sit back and hug towers because they can ganked right away.

Haly

how to balance riven: by jenga

-make her AOE stun an AOE slow, increase CDR by 1 sec on all levels
-nerf base HP regen

the end
God no.

Unrelated.

1) See Yi.
2) Pick AD rune pages to build tanky-dps Fizz
3) Yi goes AP.
4) FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ferrio

Banned
How the hell are you suppose to carry a team when you're forced to support? Watched our first pick choose teemo, then promptly feed like a moron. Went ap teemo too.

He was also the person banning. We all yelled for fizz (and he banned singed instead). I have yet to see a singed in ranked, but tons of fizzs that tear shit up. First pick on other team is fizz, and indeed tears up our mid.

Jenga

Banned
riven is OP never gets ganked, has insane ratio steroids, a shield for no raisin and hp for ad

nerf plz riot also plz nerf fizz fizz is dumb

also plz gimme dodge refund ip monies i wanna play big bear

Haly

Phreak sucks, his builds are always ass, and people magically play like idiots whenever they're near him.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He's running heal on a jungler. I don't even...
It's for maximum baiting/trolling. Coupled with Volibears passive I would imagine the health boost would be pretty astronomical. Can't really see myself playing Volibear based on the video. My mind might change after free week, but yo, he's really boring looking. Too many auto-attack modifiers mixed with only hyper close range spells for anything interesting to happen.

bjaelke

Phreak sucks, his builds are always ass, and people magically play like idiots whenever they're near him.
Or maybe he's just OP
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1535566
KuGsj.gif

Edit: Some of the new skins:

GlDs4.jpg

Ri1za.jpg

HYQmm.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
I'll wait for impressions from GAF. I'm not really sure how he had that much health from just a Rylai's though.

I am getting sick of his videos.* Everyone is exceptional. He didn't seem to be doing that much damage even in the video IMO.

*I've only been playing a couple months.

edit: Now that I've seen the yordle light thanks to Turnip that Tristana skin interests me greatly.

Blizzard

Banned
I'll wait for impressions from GAF. I'm not really sure how he had that much health from just a Rylai's though.

I am getting sick of his videos.* Everyone is exceptional. He didn't seem to be doing that much damage even in the video IMO.

*I've only been playing a couple months.

edit: Now that I've seen the yordle light thanks to Turnip that Tristana skin interests me greatly.
If a new champion isn't exceptional, why would people spend the money, or even IP, to buy it? Imagine if they did a preview video and went "Yeah, this new guy actually has several weaknesses. He's not really good. We might get around to buffing him in 4 weeks though."

LoL servers shutting down mid-game? WTF was that
Haha, it happened to me. Thankfully, since I was getting owned mid lane against a Sivir who had 80-90 AD at level 1. I'm assuming that's a heavy AD rune page.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay so I'm curious on the ettiquete in this situation. Everyone says be a hard carry to get to higher elos and carry the team. What you're lower in the pick and everyone has already someone/somepeople who have picked carries, but now there's no support/tank. Do you pick a carry and try to dominate even if they ask for a support?

Haly

Cass.

Cass was so bad on release, not even Phreak could make her look good.

Boken

Banned
More like Cass was too hard for Phreak to make look good.

Good news SDragon, fat Jarvan buff!

Okay so I'm curious on the ettiquete in this situation. Everyone says be a hard carry to get to higher elos and carry the team. What you're lower in the pick and everyone has already someone/somepeople who have picked carries, but now there's no support/tank. Do you pick a carry and try to dominate even if they ask for a support?

Try to get your best role. Tell the team before hand. You're not helping yourself if you play double AD bot and you don't know how to take advantage of it.

AcridMeat

Banned
If a new champion isn't exceptional, why would people spend the money, or even IP, to buy it? Imagine if they did a preview video and went "Yeah, this new guy actually has several weaknesses. He's not really good. We might get around to buffing him in 4 weeks though."

I know why they do it, there are more elegant ways though. If you're using the same language in every damn video then eventually (read: hopefully in an ideal world where people aren't dumb) people will see what he's saying means NOTHINNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red13th

No huge cleavage on GP anymore :(
Still my favourite though. <3

I think Volibear was the last spotlight I'll watch, listening to Phreak makes me physically ill.

bjaelke

I know Singed already has a lot of skins compared to some of the other champions. I know because I'm always complaining, but this skin is just perfect:

train_singed.jpg

evangd007

How the hell are you suppose to carry a team when you're forced to support? Watched our first pick choose teemo, then promptly feed like a moron. Went ap teemo too.

He was also the person banning. We all yelled for fizz (and he banned singed instead). I have yet to see a singed in ranked, but tons of fizzs that tear shit up. First pick on other team is fizz, and indeed tears up our mid.

Are you in solo queue? If so, try to take a support who can carry, steal cs from the AD carry, and carry the team. Better yet, don't play support and just carry. You only really need to play to the meta in 1600+ ELO. That's the level at which you can start to trust your allies to not be awful.

Boken

Banned
I think Jarvan was accidentally overbuffed.

Apparently his martial credance is now affected by lifesteal. *lol*

Somebody with Jarman go test it.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I swear....streams have change my life. It made working at retail feel like at home! Love watching hotshotgg

Boken

Banned
Not feeling her either. Ricochet doesn't even feel cool. New passive is sweet though.
Spamming the W button in team fights is real weird.

Eh, the cd is "ok" for what it does. It just feels so cumbersome, right clicking your target and just hitting W every 3s, without any other interaction. I miss the pew pew blades flying everywhere though.

EDIT: I was so excited for new sivir too. I am a sad volibear.

Haly

Pretty sure Volibear is underpowered.

Barely won against 30% hp Fizz, and this is with Heal.

Haly

I can see that. Fizz is an exceptional kiter. His urchin strike laughs at the back toss, and he has grevious wounds for the passive.

Has anyone played as Sivir yet? I played one game and went even, but had some awful team where Leona went 1/13 (AP). I'm not sure I like her W now.

Blizzard

Banned
Not feeling her either. Ricochet doesn't even feel cool. New passive is sweet though.
Spamming the W button in team fights is real weird.

Eh, the cd is "ok" for what it does. It just feels so cumbersome, right clicking your target and just hitting W every 3s, without any other interaction. I miss the pew pew blades flying everywhere though.

EDIT: I was so excited for new sivir too. I am a sad volibear.
I am pretty sure I was telling someone about how I almost expected the ricochet change to end up being a nerf. It may do more damage now, and 3 seconds isn't a long cooldown, but previously if you had say, 2+ attack speed you would have a constant stream of blades, right? I felt like the change would eliminate that possibility.

What is a good base AD at level 1 for an AD carry? Caitlyn is 53 or so with AD masteries and armor penetration, and I saw a Sivir yesterday with 80 (and that was with shoes, not even doran's blade).

Boken

Banned
I am pretty sure I was telling someone about how I almost expected the ricochet change to end up being a nerf. It may do more damage now, and 3 seconds isn't a long cooldown, but previously if you had say, 2+ attack speed you would have a constant stream of blades, right? I felt like the change would eliminate that possibility.

What is a good base AD at level 1 for an AD carry? Caitlyn is 53 or so with AD masteries and armor penetration, and I saw a Sivir yesterday with 80 (and that was with shoes, not even doran's blade).

Overall, (ricochet and her ultimate), she got a late game nerf yeah. But her single target damage went up (her W can crit like gangplank Q). Her laning is stronger too.

I just hate the mechanic. W feels so weird.

EDIT: you saw nuttin
I find HSGG's popularity pretty amazing. No streamer commands that much viewership. Personally, I like him too.

y2dvd

I've been seeing a lot of jungle Twitch lately.

I dunno why but playing support nets me a good winning percentage in ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom