• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Still not sure what to think about the new jungle. Parts of it seem cool, exp gains are killing me though. Even if I get super fed I'm noticeably behind in level behind laners.

nNqyV.jpg

The heck is up with Baron though? He was critting me for like a billion. Also, Fiddle counters Fizz so hard.

yeah i was so god damn surprised at this

i was on 500hp doing baron then i got a bit too close at auto attacking then it crit me for 550ish. instant death :\

Blizzard

Banned
What other easter eggs are there? Skarner apparently says "skar skar skarner" on rare occasions when he is in the bush, for instance. And of course gangplank has the pirate buff that does nothing, and there are a couple of others like that (pirate hunter for miss fortune I think).

Also, any other opinions for AD carry runes? I have red arpen, but start out with like 50-60 AD max. That seems low to me. I don't really want to give up my health/movespeed quints since Caitlyn is so slow anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
Holy f*ck
KuGsj.gif

Volibear's secret passive is only activated when Zilean is on the other team.
MJroo.jpg

He even has custom lines when he kills him.

What other easter eggs are there? Skarner apparently says "skar skar skarner" on rare occasions when he is in the bush, for instance. And of course gangplank has the pirate buff that does nothing, and there are a couple of others like that (pirate hunter for miss fortune I think).

Also, any other opinions for AD carry runes? I have red arpen, but start out with like 50-60 AD max. That seems low to me. I don't really want to give up my health/movespeed quints since Caitlyn is so slow anyway.

Don't play cait so maybe talking out my ass, but why do you need move speed? She gets PD right? I mean... isn't like she needs to close the distance on characters. To kite?

bjaelke

I run arp runes and quintessences on my ad carries. If you have a good support in your lane, then you can buy Doran's Blade and get another 11 damage (with masteries) instead of boots and 3xpotions.
I only know of this one:
There's an interesting link between Cassiopeia and summer version of Summoner's Rift - whenever Cassiopeia is present on it, the snakes (normally randomly appearing doodad-creatures in the bushes) don't appear on the map. It means also that Cassiopeia is the first champion to actually affect the appearance of a map during the whole match.
And maybe this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpC1DT7eYr4

Blizzard

Banned
Don't play cait so maybe talking out my ass, but why do you need move speed? She gets PD right? I mean... isn't like she needs to close the distance on characters. To kite?
To kite would be good, to harass, to last hit and get out of range, and sorta to escape. You don't get even the yellow doubleswords until quite a bit into the game in my opinion, and I ran into (for instance) Cho'gath, who with plain level 2 shoes and no item boosts had maybe 10-15 more movespeed than Caitlyn. Remember Caitlyn's movespeed was nerfed very slightly so it's easy for people to catch her. I could try running ghost on her but somehow flash feels more natural. *shrug*

Frozen mallet might be another option for kiting and escaping, but again that's a lategame item.

And I do typically get doran's blade right off the bat for Caitlyn, but I think that's still only in the 55-63 AD range. The Sivir I saw was 80 at level 1 without doran's blade, and it was very painful (to Ryze).

I looked at the wikia and saw that sivir and caitlyn's base AD is close, but Caitlyn has a +3. What does that mean?

Flare

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_passive

bjaelke

I looked at the wikia and saw that sivir and caitlyn's base AD is close, but Caitlyn has a +3. What does that mean?
+3 means she gains +3 damage per level.
And I do typically get doran's blade right off the bat for Caitlyn, but I think that's still only in the 55-63 AD range. The Sivir I saw was 80 at level 1 without doran's blade, and it was very painful (to Ryze).
I just tried building her with pure ad runes and masteries. I was only able to increase her level 1 base damage to 74.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Still have yet to lose with Xerath. Kassadin hoping to counter me? Noooooooope. Just destroys in lane.

red13th

Irelia is actually the primordial version of what you might call "generic tanky DPS." A bunch of tools with little counter play or back and forth... this is the exact thing we'd like to generally avoid.

Comparitively, Garen is a tanky DPS that's very very simple that I think is better.

OMG I love Morello. Delete Irelia from the game, then delete Black Shield from the game (k unrelated but it makes me rage).
And Garen... I love Garen. Do people these days even remember Sunfire Garen? It wasn't even that long ago. Good times.

bjaelke

http://i.imgur.com/OAUJf.jpg[IMG]

Let the rise of double-jungle meta begin

Here's a [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24414271/leesingerdublos.zip"]replay[/URL] for those into that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Just played a game with double jungle (Fiddlestick + Volibear). Only one of them had smite. It was fairly efficient. A lot of counter jungling and ganks. Our junglers were only able to catch up with us on xp through ganks and babysitting lanes when we went back to shop. The other Volibear tried ganking me at level 3 but failed miserably and handed me a double kill including first blood. I do suspect that it was one of his first games as Volibear.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d7v1S.jpg

Wrekt

Just played a game with double jungle (Fiddlestick + Volibear). Only one of them had smite. It was fairly efficient. A lot of counter jungling and ganks. Our junglers were only able to catch up with us on xp through ganks and babysitting lanes when we went back to shop. The other Volibear tried ganking me at level 3 but failed miserably and handed me a double kill including first blood. I do suspect that it was one of his first games as Volibear.

http://i.imgur.com/d7v1S.jpg

Well he did just come out yesterday...

bjaelke

Well he did just come out yesterday...

Could easily have played 5, 10 or more games before this. He was clearly still learning the champion. When he first tried to gank me, he didn't fling me back or anything. The two bears were a world a part.

Blizzard

Banned
+3 means she gains +3 damage per level.

I just tried building her with pure ad runes and masteries. I was only able to increase her level 1 base damage to 74.
You used quints too? It was before the Sivir patch, but unless that changed it, I was almost CERTAIN that I literally clicked on her at level 1, because I was level 1 mid as Ryze, and she did so much damage to me with one or two autoattacks. I even remember typing in alltalk and saying that if only she had gotten a doran's blade instead of shoes, she could have had 90 base damage.

The only thing I can think of assuming the patch didn't change it is that I'm confused and it was 70 instead of 80. :/

bjaelke

This does not mean we're attempting to make flat-out more complex champions, but instead are going to let some crazier things loose into the wild as far as cool ultimates, and a "less is more" approach with more clear and exploitable weaknesses.
We should revisit this at the end of the year, where you'll see a couple clear examples.
Riot looking to release more champions with a high skill ceiling..some of them this year. One of them is probably Nine Tails.

You used quints too? It was before the Sivir patch, but unless that changed it, I was almost CERTAIN that I literally clicked on her at level 1, because I was level 1 mid as Ryze, and she did so much damage to me with one or two autoattacks. I even remember typing in alltalk and saying that if only she had gotten a doran's blade instead of shoes, she could have had 90 base damage.

The only thing I can think of assuming the patch didn't change it is that I'm confused and it was 70 instead of 80. :/
It was with flat damage runes (seals, marks and glyphs) and quintessences.

Blizzard

Banned
It was with flat damage runes (seals, marks and glyphs) and quintessences.
I have no explanation. Maybe it was 70 then. :/

My next plans:
* Learn Mundo and hopefully help friends win 3v3s
* Buy a set of magic penetration runes so I can actually use AP carries more effectively
* Learn AP Sion in case I need him for solo top (assuming that's his normal role)
* Do something useful with my life?

bjaelke

I can't believe some of these Tribunal cases. What is wrong with these people?!!? I mean, you don't expect to get reported or what?
??? (Caitlyn) [All] [00:40:09]: fucking faggots
??? (Caitlyn) [All] [00:40:11]: too easy
??? (Caitlyn) [All] [00:40:12]: l2p
??? (Caitlyn) [All] [00:40:14]: whores
I have no explanation. Maybe it was 70 then. :/

My next plans:
* Learn Mundo and hopefully help friends win 3v3s
* Buy a set of magic penetration runes so I can actually use AP carries more effectively
* Learn AP Sion in case I need him for solo top (assuming that's his normal role)
* Do something useful with my life?
Maybe you should wait for the Mundo buff. I'm not sure what it entails and how much better he'll be, but Riot is looking to make him better/viable.

Wish they had more chars like Leblanc. You know, superpower house early game but falls off later on.

I don't know why but I'm terrible with her. Always get caught out of position.

Blizzard

Banned
I can't believe some of these Tribunal cases. What is wrong with these people?!!? I mean, you don't expect to get reported or what?
I assume some people just don't care. I mean what happens to them? Do they lose their accounts with enough reports? "faggot" seems the most common insult along with "noob" and you would have thought that died out some 10 years ago, ugh.

Maybe you should wait for the Mundo buff. I'm not sure what it entails and how much better he'll be, but Riot is looking to make him better/viable.
Unless he was nerfed somewhere along the way, people were claiming he works well in 3v3, and that's all I really wanted to experiment with.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LeBlac needs a bit of a buff.

Last ranked game for a while. Dear god, it was far tooooooooooo painful to play. We won a 4v5. And I mean handily dominated them. But everyone in that game was just bad.

Steaks

LeBlac needs a bit of a buff.

Last ranked game for a while. Dear god, it was far tooooooooooo painful to play. We won a 4v5. And I mean handily dominated them. But everyone in that game was just bad.

LeBlanc is fine and also a common pick at high Elo now.

JesseZao

This "tristana bug" sounds like the problems I had a week or two ago. You can't control your character for a brief period of time and if you were running you just keep going forward to your death.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This "tristana bug" sounds like the problems I had a week or two ago. You can't control your character for a brief period of time and if you were running you just keep going forward to your death.

No, that is actually a latency problem. Not on your side but Riots. It happens quite a bit. Sometimes your movements will be delayed by seconds, other times everything disables.

Blizzard

Banned
No, that is actually a latency problem. Not on your side but Riots. It happens quite a bit. Sometimes your movements will be delayed by seconds, other times everything disables.
Yeah, especially a couple of weeks ago that happened to me several times. The entire game would freeze for maybe 30 seconds while champions continued walking or doing idle animations, and then eventually it might come back and you'd be dead, or you'd have to reconnect. It seems better lately. Presumably the Tristana thing is something completely different or people would be reporting it for everyone.

Ferga

Riven has a glitch as well. don't know if it's dominion only but she gets stuck and you can't do anything. the other team can't target you as well.

you can reconnect and she'll become controllable after a few seconds of major lag

dimb

Wow, lost 5v4 in ranked. Why do bad people insist on jungling or going mid? I cannot play support in ranked Jesus Christ.

Blizzard

Banned
Wow, lost 5v4 in ranked. Why do bad people insist on jungling or going mid? I cannot play support in ranked Jesus Christ.
Playing support in solo queue ranked seems like asking for trouble. I mentioned how I was shocked when there was a really good Soraka patiently healing her team and ulting across the map. If you do that and the AD carry sucks, however, you're probably done for anyway.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Playing support in solo queue ranked seems like asking for trouble. I mentioned how I was shocked when there was a really good Soraka patiently healing her team and ulting across the map. If you do that and the AD carry sucks, however, you're probably done for anyway.

5-0 Janna, 3-1 Lux.

I don't play support. I carry idiots.

Ferrio

Banned
5-0 Janna, 3-1 Lux.

I don't play support. I carry idiots.

Only so much a support could do least in my experience. I tried sona in one of my placements, and just watched my lane teemo just charge the enemy. Guess at that point I should of gone AP sona or some crap.

dimb

I am really not liking the game in its current state. Not enough presence of the jungler on the map because they're being pulled to do too many things not involving the lanes. So OP champs in lane get more OP because nobody is ever going to come and gank them. Pick tier one champs, GG. The sheer number of champions I would consider bad is staggering, and it's so easy to lose just because your team wants to play Olaf, Garen, Morde, Karma, etc.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I am really not liking the game in its current state. Not enough presence of the jungler on the map because they're being pulled to do too many things not involving the lanes. So OP champs in lane get more OP because nobody is ever going to come and gank them. Pick tier one champs, GG. The sheer number of champions I would consider bad is staggering, and it's so easy to lose just because your team wants to play Olaf, Garen, Morde, Karma, etc.

My 4v5 win earlier had an Olaf. Took nearly their entire team to bring up down once he ult. Dude was a complete wanker though, but probably the reason why we won the game pretty handily. Center was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom