• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

What's not being discussed regarding the jungle changes is that it's super easy to clear now. Before the mastery and jungle revamps, I couldn't clear it with cloth+5 because I'm not level 30 and I didn't have a dedicated jungle rune page (mainly ASPD).

I ran a lot of jungle custom games and I can take a bottom tier (or non-existent tier rofl) jungler such as Garen and clear it with ease now. I'm just running my standard AD carry rune page. I can only imagine if I ran a top tier jungler with aspd runes.

Once Riot fixes the exp and gold issues, jungling will be awesome.

One of the big complains about the new jungle design is that counter jungling is worthless. Spawn timers on the various camps are just too short, so you can't really stop the other jungler from progressing compared to pre-patch.

Blizzard

Banned
I just got countered mid as Kennen. Wukong, goddam. Fucking impossible to knock out of lane, and he had much more burst than I did. The other team also had a Jungle Mao that was camping my lane and throwing saplings at me every 10 seconds. I'm not even sure where they were coming from.

Edit: I actually did fine against him, but the rest of my team fed like fuckers and I couldn't really stop him from csing without him trading much more damage than I could take.
Odd counters show up when you least expect them. Who would go melee mid? Unexpected! I went Ryze mid...got owned by Sivir. Unexpected! (well, by "owned" I mean "her shield negates part of my spell chain and she did like 3/4 of my health with a couple of attacks and then the servers shut down so the game didn't finish")

Ferrio

Banned
I'm really hating the "Please play dominion!" tactic that Riot put in. So damn annoying that they made it the default game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
kiunch, are you ok
post if you are ok

Yeah I am fine, just no power at my house, have to post at work. It is not serious enough to be a disaster. It just never happened in LA before, so I never prepared for it.

Front and back yard going to be hell to clean up ~_~.

2th

Banned
What's not being discussed regarding the jungle changes is that it's super easy to clear now. Before the mastery and jungle revamps, I couldn't clear it with cloth+5 because I'm not level 30 and I didn't have a dedicated jungle rune page (mainly ASPD).

I ran a lot of jungle custom games and I can take a bottom tier (or non-existent tier rofl) jungler such as Garen and clear it with ease now. I'm just running my standard AD carry rune page. I can only imagine if I ran a top tier jungler with aspd runes.

Once Riot fixes the exp and gold issues, jungling will be awesome.

you can jungle a number of people without masteries or rune pages. I Believe Warwick is the one one though that can do the standard blue to small golems path without issue. The rest though could easily take the small creep camps till level 3 and then go from there. Besides' level 30 is where the game really begins and I'd rather people learn to lane before they jungle.

also I dislike having people that shouldn't jungle be able to do it. It muddies things up and makes specific roles less clear.

Tryhard GAF, I (UFOkidd), eagerly await an invite to tryhard GAF ranked team.

I have been toying with a xin zhao jungle build. He's always had good ganks. wriggles > wits > atmogs.

Seems stronk in theorycraft.

Blizzard

Banned

I have been toying with a xin zhao jungle build. He's always had good ganks. wriggles > wits > atmogs.

Is anyone on the GAF teams still playing? I know there was the tryhard team, the casual team, and the nub team. In theory the casual team should be able to send an invite again now if they have a space, but the nub team definitely hasn't played more than 1 game.

*edit* Also, that's exactly the build I used to always use for jungle Warwick, with the addition of mercury treads and spirit visage. Those items might also work on Xin. Frozen mallet instead of warmogs would also be an option.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Also, any other opinions for AD carry runes? I have red arpen, but start out with like 50-60 AD max. That seems low to me. I don't really want to give up my health/movespeed quints since Caitlyn is so slow anyway.

Your ADs might not be doing enough damage if you aren't using arpen in those spots. If you aren't running 31|10% for arpen you will be putting yourself behind for early and mid game against the tryhard types. My policy if you want to dominate or maximize the potential max out arpen totally via runes and masteries. If you don't, just expect the one with more arpen to out damage you everytime even with lesser items once they get items that feed in to that method of damaging.

I use vayne and ashe so their kits allow me to negate the ms problem. AD range may not be your thing. IF you want kills get serious about damage and be a glass cannon. Use seals and glyphs for making yourself more survivable outside of that use items otherwise you are gutting your late game potential.

Always get IE and Bloodrazor then build around the main weaknesses of the other team.

Yo, good to see you around!

Yeah I am fine, just no power at my house, have to post at work. It is not serious enough to be a disaster. It just never happened in LA before, so I never prepared for it.

Front and back yard going to be hell to clean up ~_~.

Best of luck there, man. :(

I was going to make a Janna joke, but that might be in poor taste...

Kiunch you can play at my housssss

Your ADs might not be doing enough damage if you aren't using arpen in those spots. If you aren't running 31|10% for arpen you will be putting yourself behind for early and mid game against the tryhard types. My policy if you want to dominate or maximize the potential max out arpen totally via runes and masteries. If you don't, just expect the one with more arpen to out damage you everytime even with lesser items once they get items that feed in to that method of damaging.

I use vayne and ashe so their kits allow me to negate the ms problem. AD range may not be your thing. IF you want kills get serious about damage and be a glass cannon. Use seals and glyphs for making yourself more survivable outside of that use items otherwise you are gutting your late game potential.

Always get IE and Bloodrazor then build around the main weaknesses of the other team.

I prefer the european (how fancy!) vayne build of maxing w first, doran stacking and then going bcleaver.

Wrekt

Man I am getting trolled by my teammates picks today. 4 people lock in, then the 5th person on our team switches from a powerhouse like Annie and locks in Kayle, when we already have a support (and no AP mid.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
you can jungle a number of people without masteries or rune pages. I Believe Warwick is the one one though that can do the standard blue to small golems path without issue. The rest though could easily take the small creep camps till level 3 and then go from there. Besides' level 30 is where the game really begins and I'd rather people learn to lane before they jungle.

also I dislike having people that shouldn't jungle be able to do it. It muddies things up and makes specific roles less clear.
It also hurts dedicated junglers, who are designed around sustaining in a tougher jungle. So much useless sustain on the old junglers now that they probably need to be redesigned.

Tryhard GAF has had a few games, and we have lost both of them so far. We can try for another one at some point tonight if you want to join.

Blizzard

Banned
I have a Twisted Treeline specific question! I have two friends who play almost exclusively 3v3, and I'm occasionally the third person. I'd like a champion who's consistently very good in TT in whatever matchups might happen (they play blind pick).

Now, the most obviously overpowered is Tryndamere, and I don't want him. I actually bought some runes for Mundo, since he apparently USED to be really good.

For starters, would Mundo or Sion work? Is Mundo still good enough to be good, or were nerfs too much for even TT?

2th

Banned
It also hurts dedicated junglers, who are designed around sustaining in a tougher jungle. So much useless sustain on the old junglers now that they probably need to be redesigned.

dont think old junglers with sustain, ww, udyr, olaf, need a rework. their fustain is fine. it means they can stay in the jungle longer if they want, jungle safer, and can come out of the jungle with higher health. i think they are just fine that way.

I have a Twisted Treeline specific question! I have two friends who play almost exclusively 3v3, and I'm occasionally the third person. I'd like a champion who's consistently very good in TT in whatever matchups might happen (they play blind pick).

Now, the most obviously overpowered is Tryndamere, and I don't want him. I actually bought some runes for Mundo, since he apparently USED to be really good.

For starters, would Mundo or Sion work? Is Mundo still good enough to be good, or were nerfs too much for even TT?

Mundo is really strong, or at least he was. I think Wukong would also be a good fit, maybe Jarvan.

Blizzard

Banned
Mundo is really strong, or at least he was. I think Wukong would also be a good fit, maybe Jarvan.
Mundo seems okay if I can learn his cleaver hitbox, but I was just wondering if his nerf (due to Twisted Treeline) made him unviable even for that, or just unviable for 5v5. :)

Hero

Anyone that can sustain in lane by themselves is pretty good. There a reason you don't want to use Tryndamere? He's pretty much a one-man army in 3v3.

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone that can sustain in lane by themselves is pretty good. There a reason you don't want to use Tryndamere? He's pretty much a one-man army in 3v3.
Because he's the most obviously overpowered, and I guess I want to learn the second or third most overpowered instead. :p (plus I always mistime his ult)

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So, encouraged by a few friends, and as someone who barely could play DOTA/W3, I have been playing this for a few hours and I have been enjoying it despite having an awful k/d champion ratio.

I have been messing with a few champs and I like Leona so far, but I'm looking forward to play with more offensive (like a pusher). Is there any cheap and good pusher that I'd get with IP?

My ID is Radiante if anyone wants to play, by the way.

Flare

So, encouraged by a few friends, and as someone who barely could play DOTA/W3, I have been playing this for a few hours and I have been enjoying it despite having an awful k/d champion ratio.

I have been messing with a few champs and I like Leona so far, but I'm looking forward to play with more offensive (like a pusher). Is there any cheap and good pusher that I'd get with IP?

My ID is Radiante if anyone wants to play, by the way.

You can get Tristana (by liking Riot on facebook) for free as well as Alistar (by subscribing to Youtube channel).

Also, join the neogaf chat if you're in NA. Dunno if EU has the same setup.

Blizzard

Banned
The Sion guide author says they never got a negative kill/death ratio with him. I went like 4/5/18 so I have already failed him. ;(

We had a good (though really abusive) Vayne so it was a ranked game win, though. Then my next ranked game, the other team banned Sion.

Side note, Akali is almost always first ban. This time we didn't ban her, and the other team's first pick was Akali!

AEGISX

Banned
had an ez ranked with tryndamere, i like how noobs dont use exaust even after seeing tryn's been picked on the opposite team.

Blizzard

Banned
had an ez ranked with tryndamere, i like how noobs dont use exaust even after seeing tryn's been picked on the opposite team.
Yeah, after my comment about Akali and Trynd always being banned, and not banned this last ranked game, here's what happened:

Other team first picks Akali, Akali goes 8/6/2 (I burned a bunch of money on pink wards, but she was still the best player on their team and I think she was dominating early on).

Our team picks Tryndamere, he goes 12/2/6 and carries the team.

So, I guess there's a reason they're always banned. =P I cruised along with Teemo for 3/1/6, thankful for good teammates to carry me.

AEGISX

Banned
no one carry as hard as tryn. a fed akali or any other champ aint got shit on tryn.

i donno why he's still considered as low tier. i wanna see more tryn action in tournaments.

Ferga

The Sion guide author says they never got a negative kill/death ratio with him. I went like 4/5/18 so I have already failed him. ;(

We had a good (though really abusive) Vayne so it was a ranked game win, though. Then my next ranked game, the other team banned Sion.

Side note, Akali is almost always first ban. This time we didn't ban her, and the other team's first pick was Akali!

most of the first bans i see are kass or morgana

AEGISX

Banned
i had one game playing as tryn, and there was a jungle yi on the other team. he was fed like a mofo (20+ kills), and i was just farming on top lane. in the end, I just told my teamates:"follow my blade!" then we won. true story.

bjaelke

New jungle updates:
We're working with a "banking" system that has the big mobs in jungle camps build XP and gold rewards over time after being there for a bit (currently, one minute). This caps out after a certain amount of time as well, and while farming heavily is greater than waiting for the bank to build, the bank lessens the need to constantly farm to keep up.

Why this system?

* It rewards ganks and is a bit less punishing on gank attempts that don't result in kills for the jungler. After a gank attempt, the jungler can clear the jungle which has scaled a little bit while they were ganking.

* Smart counter-junglers can watch enemy gank patterns, then kill the big monster to steal the bank that's built and reset it. This adds additional value to counter-jungling in the new jungle on the efficiency side. This will encourage more jungler conflict as well as add tons of opportunities for great counter-junglers to pull ahead.

* It allows junglers to farm and catch up a little better if they fall behind early (Of course, enemies can continue to disrupt this and push the advantage as needed), but the option is there, which creates new strategic options for coming back.

There's a few other changes too, but this is the mechanics-level one we're testing right now. While I encourage feedback, I'm excited to see people try this out (if it continues testing well).
This could very well be a stroke of genius if implemented correct.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
You can get Tristana (by liking Riot on facebook) for free as well as Alistar (by subscribing to Youtube channel).

Also, join the neogaf chat if you're in NA. Dunno if EU has the same setup.

Got the Tristana one, and joined the chat as well. Thanks for the tip.

dimb

New jungle updates:

This could very well be a stroke of genius if implemented correct.
It's so genius it's almost as good as the jungle used to be where it just scaled by time in the first place.

bjaelke

I think the old jungle had too many flaws:

1) Limit to champions/builds - only a handful of decent junglers and most of them starting with cloth armor and 5 health pots.
2) Limit to routes - you always knew where the other jungler were and could keep track of his progress with CV. "CV blue at 1:55, CV red at 3:25".

I'm not saying the new jungle is better. But something had to be done in my opinion.

No offense, but you are seriously clueless. Fizz can't hold mid, like, at all. You don't lane him versus ranged. Neither Kassadin or Leblanc counter Xerath or Karthus because of their ability to safely farm/harass from a distance.

Don't take Xerath's W into account? Just...no. He can hit you with it when you can't even see him, and it is very easy to hit his Q or E with it. Kennen can be beaten mid. It happens in my games, and I see it happening at a tournament level of play.
Kassadin is one of the hardest counters to Karthus in the game.

dimb

Kassadin is one of the hardest counters to Karthus in the game.
Karthus has a better early game and can gain the upper hand there, then just end the laning phase as fast as possible or sit back and don't let him take advantage of his ult enough for a kill, and the wall can really mess him up while his ult is on cooldown. It's not so bad. There are way harder counters to Karthus like Soraka and Morgana. As an anti-mage Kassadin is going to be good against Karthus but he isn't anywhere near as strong a laner as Karthus. His potential will come out in team fights and ganks but Karthus can win that lane. There is nothing game ending about seeing a Kassadin as your lane opponent as a Karthus.
I think the old jungle had too many flaws:

1) Limit to champions/builds - only a handful of decent junglers and most of them starting with cloth armor and 5 health pots.
2) Limit to routes - you always knew where the other jungler were and could keep track of his progress with CV. "CV blue at 1:55, CV red at 3:25".

I'm not saying the new jungle is better. But something had to be done in my opinion.
I don't really see either of these as flaws of the original jungle, and I don't see the new jungle fixing them if you had an issue with them. The route is still limited, and so are builds. Instead of armor and five pots now it's just Vamp Scepter or Doran's Ring on AP champs. The jungle feels more limiting to me with the speed that it needs to be cleared. Can any champ technically do the first few levels? Pretty much, but what meaning does that have if they have no gank potential or farm efficiency. Orianna and Jax are still trash in the jungle.

Similarly, routes are fixed, and they just involve more running around for less results. There are arguably fewer routes now than there used to be. Before Wolves/Wraiths/Double Golem/Blue were all viable starts depending on champ and playstyle. Now just about every champ is looking at Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Wolves->Red->Golem. And it's not a fun route, at all. Shaco and Maokai get a different route because of their boxes/saplings, but again, it's a very fixed route. There will always be an optimal jungling route.

Riot made it so everyone can jungle, but now nobody wants to. Clearly this is a failed experiment, but I wish more testing had gone into this jungle before implementation.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd never tried to trade with someone in ranked. How do you do it? I was the person doing bans, and I clicked the trade button with someone who wanted to trade. It said pending trade and showed a spinning animation, but nothing happened and then the timer ran out. Does that just mean I got trolled, or maybe the other person didn't know to click the trade icon?

dimb

I'd never tried to trade with someone in ranked. How do you do it? I was the person doing bans, and I clicked the trade button with someone who wanted to trade. It said pending trade and showed a spinning animation, but nothing happened and then the timer ran out. Does that just mean I got trolled, or maybe the other person didn't know to click the trade icon?
The client bugged out or you got trolled and they chose not to accept.

bjaelke

I don't really see either of these as flaws of the original jungle, and I don't see the new jungle fixing them if you had an issue with them. The route is still limited, and so are builds. Instead of armor and five pots now it's just Vamp Scepter or Doran's Ring on AP champs. The jungle feels more limiting to me with the speed that it needs to be cleared. Can any champ technically do the first few levels? Pretty much, but what meaning does that have if they have no gank potential or farm efficiency. Orianna and Jax are still trash in the jungle.

Similarly, routes are fixed, and they just involve more running around for less results. There are arguably fewer routes now than there used to be. Before Wolves/Wraiths/Double Golem/Blue were all viable starts depending on champ and playstyle. Now just about every champ is looking at Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Wolves->Red->Golem. And it's not a fun route, at all. Shaco and Maokai get a different route because of their boxes/saplings, but again, it's a very fixed route. There will always be an optimal jungling route.

Riot made it so everyone can jungle, but now nobody wants to. Clearly this is a failed experiment, but I wish more testing had gone into this jungle before implementation.

It was too static and predictable. I'm not in any way defending the new jungle. It's not better in its current state. All I'm saying is that it needed some tweaking.

Also most melee bruisers to double golem and red first and then gank at level 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom