• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
TSM dominating col atm.

CLG is holding on tight. This is tense!
Spoke too soon. Baron was a bad call imo, hsgg ulting for baron was bad too.

Avinexus

TSM dominating col atm.

CLG is holding on tight. This is tense!
Spoke too soon. Baron was a bad call imo, hsgg ulting for baron was bad too.

Definitely. He shouldn't have ulted for Baron. They needed Vayne to stay alive during the fight, not to get a Baron quicker.

Boken

Banned
CLG have many great players, but they really really need to work on their team work. TSM are so strong because they listen to the calls and just do it.

bjaelke

TSM look like they're back on track. Very good calls and good map awareness. Also their jungler bought most of the wards. You just gotta love that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Today I learned Dyrus is pretty good at Tetris.

Edit: Wow, CLG lost that game? I thought they'd had it pretty wrapped up in team fights after all their inhibs went back up.

bjaelke

Surrender vote failed 2/3
KuGsj.gif

KJTB

It seems to take ages to farm up for items anyway. If I go for lich bane, where does it fit in? I'm trying to rush doran's, doran's, shoes of some sort, deathcap...then lich bane before deathfire? Or after deathfire? I think I barely made it to deathfire using that build in my a 40+ minute game just now. *edit* That was in a duo lane with kogmaw to start with. That was probably a mistake since we both need farm, but versus singed seems difficult anyway -- will sion still be able to farm if he tries to ignore singed being nearly unkillable while doing poison damage and flips?

Farming as AP sion is a joke. Your shield will literally take out an entire creep wave. If you're In a solo lane you should never really have less than ~250 cs for a game lasting longer than 35 minutes.

dimb

Goose team comp was embarrassing. No attack damage anywhere on that team.

Blizzard

Banned
Farming as AP sion is a joke. Your shield will literally take out an entire creep wave. If you're In a solo lane you should never really have less than ~250 cs for a game lasting longer than 35 minutes.
This only seems to be true if you get enough AP items early, and if the lane opponent does not regularly burst your shield. So far I have seen kassadin and irelia both easily burst the shield and then hit me with another attack to harass. I tried building sheen for a game or two, but I'm not sure I ever made it to lich bane.

dimb

This only seems to be true if you get enough AP items early, and if the lane opponent does not regularly burst your shield. So far I have seen kassadin and irelia both easily burst the shield and then hit me with another attack to harass. I tried building sheen for a game or two, but I'm not sure I ever made it to lich bane.
So stop picking Sion against lanes with burst?
Seems to be working for them this time. Leona + Jarvan is such a nice lane.
Late game is where it fell apart last time. They have Graves now so it should be a non-issue. Leona and Jarvan can win the lane sure, but let's see what happens end game when Goose does no damage. They would have been crushed if Miss Fortune didn't hit a late six after they jumped Amumu.

Been having good luck with Kennen lately. I find if you build him more utility with a bit of ap he really really shines in the mid/late game as you can't just burst him.

Start with Boots + 3 potions ---> rush WotA ---> Sorc Pen ---> Rylais/Abyssal ---> Hourglass ---> Rabadon's. I manage to farm well most games with him even when getting zoned out like I was against a Gragas last game. The key is not to be all that aggressive early game unless you really have the advantage.

Edit: Just to round out my "guide" for Kennen, I got 21-9-0 on masteries grabbing most of the AP in the offensive and getting resists for who I'm facing in lane and the health increase ones as well. I have scaling MR blues, MPen Reds, and HP/5 Yellows, quints are all Move Speed just because I don't have any mage ones yet, probably would be best with flat AP though.

dimb

I blame that more on their Kennen pick. But yeah, more dps now. MF is such a poor pick by EPIK. She has zero escape.
I think they went with MF to benefit from double Will of the Ancients, and to stack AOE damage when Jarvan ults in on someone else. As long as she's outside of that she can clean up.

dimb

WotA's aura is unique, so I doubt that's the reason. Only holders can get double WotA.
She'll still pretty much always be around one and benefit from that. I dunno, she's not a great choice compared to other AD carries is the issue, so I'd agree that taking her was a mistake. I don't think Kennen helped that much either for them that game.

dimb

I know EG doesn't have Salce, but they are just playing and picking so poorly. First pick Fizz was the dumbest thing.

Blizzard

Banned
I know EG doesn't have Salce, but they are just playing and picking so poorly. First pick Fizz was the dumbest thing.
I was wondering this earlier. What role/champions are a good idea for first pick, since naturally the other team will have 4-5 opportunities to counter them? Or is a good strategy to ban the counters to your first pick champion?

Blizzard

Banned
Supposedly jungle changes are live now, giving more EXP, more health, and more damage for certain monsters, plus the scaling over time thing?

By the way, ranked seems full of leavers at low ELO. Today alone, the other team had a ragequit, my team had someone give first blood and instantly ragequit at 2.5 minutes, and then the latest game had someone afk at spawn from the very beginning.

Do they ever do anything to habitual leavers, or are the reports just to make people feel better?

Jenga

Banned
^ probably

also the jungle hotfix feels nice

now you aren't desperately behind in gold count

you still have to kill wolves again after wraiths (or an extra creep camp) if you wanna hit lvl3 sooner

so jungle ganks are still a bit more delayed unless you're a blue lvl 2 ganker

Boken

Banned
I was wondering this earlier. What role/champions are a good idea for first pick, since naturally the other team will have 4-5 opportunities to counter them? Or is a good strategy to ban the counters to your first pick champion?

Support and jungler, or AD and jungler (support+AD can be counter picked) are usually safer first picks.

bjaelke

Support and jungler, or AD and jungler (support+AD can be counter picked) are usually safer first picks.
Yeah. Top and AP carry seems to be those with most counters, so you can get really screwed with those as first picks. We saw some stupid first picks yesterday, that were immediately countered by the other team.
Are we getting Christmas skins next patch?

The next patch unlocks the Hyena skin for Warwick, which was actually included in the last patch. I think we'll have to wait for the next champion patch (1½ week) before getting any Christmas skins.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Got bored this weekend, and then decided to start rolling through some dominion matches. It's fun, but my gosh is a cluster after the 1st idk 2 mins. LoL

Got one of my LoL buddies to finally try it out last night and he thought the same thing. We won our two games though. Actually I won like 90% of my dominion games yesterday.

Boken

Banned
climsy_20111205_033740.jpg

dat eve and karma.

something something games are starting CLGcanada v jtt (who?) atm...
I know HSGG is streaming, but other people might be too. no idea what this is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom