• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I was generally talking about lane counters. Akali can get pooped on in lane very easily.
Tryndamere isn't as easily countered as Akali since Trynd has much more sustain and his escape earlier than her.

Akali lane counters:
-Anybody with constant ranged harass: Gangplank, Ryze, Chogath, Rumble, Keenan
-Straight up more damage than her: Garen, Rumble, Renekton
Basically, it becomes incredibly hard for her to CS and the damage and harass should force her back often. Gangplank is one of her easiest to play counters. Press Q on her when its off cooldown and win.

Team fight counters:
-Lee Sin, Karthus, aoe shit

For fun, Trynd top lane counters!
-Udyr, Riven (I don't know for which levels), Rumble, Jax

I think there are plenty of counters, but she is also a hard neutralizer to many other characters and one of those, who just become an annoyance regardless of how they do over time(Similar to Tyrand and Vlad). I'd rather ban them, then take the chance.

Hero

Only take one point in Q & W first and then max E. As a support you need to disable the enemies with your combo, so your carry can get the kill. Start with Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold and Mercury's Treads. Then get Aegis, upgrade your GP5 items and get situational tank items.

Seconding this pretty much. Even though I get Q or W ranked up before E since I really like cooldown reduction, item order is spot on. Philo -> Heart of Gold -> Merc treads -> Aegis

Afterwards I build depending on the other team but Banshee's Veil is always good to have.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there an Alistar "combo" so to speak? I seem to recall someone saying you could do the dash and then the knockup instantly without knocking the enemy back, but it seems very risky since most of the time you will fail and knock them back instead. Is the idea just to knock them up, then punch one of them back towards your carry (at which point ideally the enemy will die, instead of bursting your carry to death)?

2th

Banned
Is there an Alistar "combo" so to speak? I seem to recall someone saying you could do the dash and then the knockup instantly without knocking the enemy back, but it seems very risky since most of the time you will fail and knock them back instead. Is the idea just to knock them up, then punch one of them back towards your carry (at which point ideally the enemy will die, instead of bursting your carry to death)?

the knockback/knockup combo from ali is to get you into the middle of a team really fast and disable them. Since the knckback is ranged you can target on champion in the middle of the group and pull off the combo on the whole team basically. you then ult while they are focused on you and your team cleans up.

Rayven

aka surume

That is the combo, headbutt into pulverize as a ranged initiate. Tough to get 100% of the time as the timing window is tight.

Obviously, if they are in range, you can pulverize then headbutt back to your team. If flash is down, it's tough to get in that position, hence why the combo is so important.

edit: beaten by tooth

Ferga

As a support i get philo,hog,oracle,kage,boots then after only wards

I only get aegis etc.. if someone else on the other team is extremely fed

2th

Banned
That is the combo, headbutt into pulverize as a ranged initiate. Tough to get 100% of the time as the timing window is tight.

Obviously, if they are in range, you can pulverize then headbutt back to your team. If flash is down, it's tough to get in that position, hence why the combo is so important.

edit: beaten by tooth

me > you :p

Ferrio

Banned
Sounds a bit like LeBlanc but with the ability to scale? Maybe?

If she's another leblanc.... pass. Though sounds like she has a stun which makes her better than leblanc easily. But ya she's sounding like an akali+leblanc. Should have enough IP for her if I decide to pull the trigger.

Ferga

The only role that I've had trouble playing with was ranged ad so i didn't play it for the past few months. Havent played vayne since her release. Tried playing her again 2 days ago. Gone god like in every game so far.

When did i become so good at ranged ad lol

The GAF Lol channel is so quiet these days :|

what happened to everyone talking about everything a few weeks ago :(

Flare

The only role that I've had trouble playing with was ranged ad so i didn't play it for the past few months. Havent played vayne since her release. Tried playing her again 2 days ago. Gone god like in every game so far.

Might have something to so with exam period. Just two more weeks =(

Blizzard

Banned
Wait, in ranked games the same team gets first ban AND first pick? That seems a little odd to me, but whatevers. I guess the alternating makes sense?

Blizzard

Banned
Nope, the one that got second ban get first pick.
That's what I thought, but it's not true. I am nearly certain that twice in a row, the other team got first ban and first pick.

I asked about it, and someone in the lobby said that yeah, they're not sure why first ban gets first pick now. I'll try to pay extra attention next time I'm in a ranked game and see if it happens.

Boken

Banned
Summons is right.

I also found out what 2th was.

Alistar headbutt+pulverize combo can be pulled off with an 80% accuracy. Or just knock them into a wall for guaranteed cc.

Blizzard

Banned
Summons is right.

I also found out what 2th was.

Alistar headbutt+pulverize combo can be pulled off with an 80% accuracy. Or just knock them into a wall for guaranteed cc.
Is that a change from how it used to be regarding first ban/pick?

At any rate, I fought the most annoying team to kill in a while. Anivia with guardian's angel, malphite with guardian's angel, singed (possibly also with guardian's angel for all I know), then nocturne (shield) and tristana (escape hop). We won in the end but it was close.

I fed first blood to anivia too. >_< At least shaco jungle ganked her since I got rid of the egg as Sion before level 4. I ended up with a bad 3/4/16 score or something like that, but I think I had about 300 minion kills in 50 minutes, so I guess I functioned in support capacity. =P

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
That's what I thought, but it's not true. I am nearly certain that twice in a row, the other team got first ban and first pick.

I asked about it, and someone in the lobby said that yeah, they're not sure why first ban gets first pick now. I'll try to pay extra attention next time I'm in a ranked game and see if it happens.

Yeah, actually you're correct ><

I'm in Cali for the week :(

bjaelke

The Alistar combo is Pulverize followed by Headbutt. You stun the enemy, walk around him and then headbutt him back to your carry/tower. Some people even initiate with flash, just to get in a good position. I'm pretty sure Riot fixed the W->Q bug that allowed you to hit them with Pulverize despite headbutting them out of range.

brian!

w -> q still works, free malph ult
once you practice it won't be so hard to land, I remember reading that it wasn't fun for pros to do though since they tended to crack under the pressure (fail w->q = losing dat $).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Nope, the max is still 40%.

Thanks for the answer!

That's lame though. I needs more than 40% CDR with Soraka's redonkulous cool down on her w main heal. I'd like to get it to < 10 secs. As it is now if my Ulty isn't up I really only have time for like 2 heals in a team fight if everyone quickly engages and abilities/ulties start flying.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the answer!

That's lame though. I needs more than 40% CDR with Soraka's redonkulous cool down on her w main heal. I'd like to get it to < 10 secs. As it is now if my Ulty isn't up I really only have time for like 2 heals in a team fight if everyone quickly engages and abilities/ulties start flying.
That's why you go troll Soraka with the heal summoner spell as well. Everyone thinks it's terrible until you bust out a heal! (it's probably still terrible)

Also, Soraka used to be able to do that or something similar. Unfortunately, that meant even CRAZIER infinite health and mana lane sustain, so that's presumably why Riot nerfed her heal time so much. Now you just do starcall every 1.5 seconds or whatever, and reduce everyone's magic resistance to nothing.

Ferrio

Banned
So we tried the AD ranged carry team in a single lane tactic last night. We fucked up big time pre-minion spawn by not traveling all together. Garen and sona caught two of us alone and killed one of us, and hurting the other pretty bad. It was followed shortly by a team battle in top lane where we got crushed (but took their first tower).

Even so, we did pretty damn good all things considered. Our levels were behind, but our cs was pretty close, kills not too shabby, and we were tied with towers for quite a while. If we had pulled off that first fight better, we would of been golden.

So here's the thing, we need another 5 people to try it proper again. The plan:

-5 AD ranged carries
-Everyone should have the tower attacking mastery.
-Everyone should have surge
-2 Should have heal
-2 should have promote. Maybe one have ignite/exhaust instead? Who knows.
-1 should have cv
-Everyone buy a dorans blade.

We all go mid, hide in the bushes at the start of game. CV around to see if they've caught on and gonig to jump us. If not, when the mid laner shows themselves we jump them. THen push tower with a promote, and all of us activating surge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom