• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectraStar

So I played a co-op vs. AI game last night to try out Kassadin, and the people on the team decided to go all mid. And as we were goofing around seeing how many bots we could kill without backing, Soraka bot managed to score two quadras and a penta, because we were ignoring her and killing the bots that were running behind her.

trolololol

Also, how the hell does his W work? Maybe I was tired but I couldn't figure it out D:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a spell that can only be activated once 8 spells (from allies or enemies) have been casted within a certain range of you. This includes your own spells.

It's kind of like Annie's passive.

Inskipp

ElectraStar said:
Also, how the hell does his W work? Maybe I was tired but I couldn't figure it out D:
It's for show

Actually it's got a passive and an active component. Passive gives mana back whenever you autoattack peeps (the amount gained triples when smacking champs). Active gives you more deeps

Halycon said:
It's a spell that can only be activated once 8 spells (from allies or enemies) have been casted within a certain range of you. This includes your own spells.
That's his E.

falastini

So is Skarner still a solid jungler with all the changes they made? I've been saving my IPs ever since I went like 8-1 jungling him a few weeks back. How is he laning? I wanna be sure before I drop 6300 points.

I'm also considering Moakai. I always enjoyed playing him, and now I hear he's a pretty good jungler with the new changes.

Also, are any of the "boosts" worth it? I only started playing a few months ago, but I'm sick of the grind to 30. I'm thinking of buying a few days of xp bonus.

bjaelke

So is Skarner still a solid jungler with all the changes they made? I've been saving my IPs ever since I went like 8-1 jungling him a few weeks back. How is he laning? I wanna be sure before I drop 6300 points.

I'm also considering Moakai. I always enjoyed playing him, and now I hear he's a pretty good jungler with the new changes.

Also, are any of the "boosts" worth it? I only started playing a few months ago, but I'm sick of the grind to 30. I'm thinking of buying a few days of xp bonus.

Skarner is one of the best/fastest junglers right now. His laning is also quite good.

Maokai is an underrated jungler. Super ganks and fantastic CC. He's more team dependent though. You're more likely to end up with a 0-1-8 score.

XP boost? You'll be needing IP when you hit level 30 (champions and runes). Don't look at it as a grind to level 30, but as a chance to get familiar with the different champions/roles. With the new changes you don't need 30 masteries to jungle and runes are also less important to some junglers.

Also remember that boost packages are only effective if you play against other people. Coop vs. AI rewards less IP/XP compared to PvP.

falastini

I just wanna get into the ranked games. I've been playing for about 3 months and I'm ~23. It's starting to feel like a grind. I know I'm gonna need the IPs for ruins, and I've been pretty conservative in my spending so far. It just seems like all the champs I want are in the 6300 tier :/.

Blizzard

Banned
I just wanna get into the ranked games. I've been playing for about 3 months and I'm ~23. It's starting to feel like a grind. I know I'm gonna need the IPs for ruins, and I've been pretty conservative in my spending so far. It just seems like all the champs I want are in the 6300 tier :/.
I've played like 650 normal PVP games alone, for what I imagine is 400-500 hours of gameplay time (augh my wasted life), and yet all I have are two rune pages and about 35-40 champions, and very few of them are 6300 IP (Caitlyn, Vayne?, Fizz, can't remember if I bought any others). Any new champion will also be at least 6300 IP, of course.

I've played like 650 normal PVP games alone, for what I imagine is 400-500 hours of gameplay time (augh my wasted life), and yet all I have are two rune pages and about 35-40 champions, and very few of them are 6300 IP (Caitlyn, Vayne?, Fizz, can't remember if I bought any others). Any new champion will also be at least 6300 IP, of course.

How much a full rune page cost (tier 3)?

I'm level 16 right now and tier 2 runes are already expensive. I think I will stop buying runes until I'm > level 20.

bjaelke

You'll find that some of the runes work well with different builds such as resilience (armor) and warding (magic resist), so you don't have to drop another 14,000 IP every time you start a new page.

Ferrio

Banned
You'll find that some of the runes work well with different builds such as resilience (armor) and warding (magic resist), so you don't have to drop another 14,000 IP every time you start a new page.

Ya armor and mr is pretty much my standard blue/yellows. I need more pages before i decide to get different things for them.

Macattk15

SUCH a disgusting come from behind win.

My team kept wanting to surrender and I kept saying NO just let me farm. Jax on their team talking trash the ENTIRE time .... god.

Felt so good.

b45dy.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You shouldn't worry about getting into ranked games. Rushing to 30 and jumping into ranked right away is probably not going to be a fun experience. It's important to have lots of champions, strong rune pages, and a good knowledge of counter picks and things like that before jumping into ranked games. If you buy XP boosts you might not even have enough champions to play ranked at 30.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You shouldn't worry about getting into ranked games. Rushing to 30 and jumping into ranked right away is probably not going to be a fun experience. It's important to have lots of champions, strong rune pages, and a good knowledge of counter picks and things like that before jumping into ranked games. If you buy XP boosts you might not even have enough champions to play ranked at 30.

Rush rank, get into Elo Hell for the season. Complain on Gaf why everybody sucks but you.

More or less likely once you hit 30, you still suck. The difference is now you'll be playing people with hundreds more games of experience, champion pools of 50+, and more.

AcridMeat

Banned
So I've lost pretty much every game I've played in the last 15 or so with every champ...except Skarner. I'm 3-0 with him in that span.

One day I'll actually jungle with him.

Blizzard

Banned
I discovered how bad I am at going solo top with Sion. I bought lots of wards. LeBlanc killed lots of guys and then died.

We got a couple of free kills, and took out the mid inhibitor, and someone on the other team said that they let us catch up and now we can have fun and it'll be a fair game.

Achtius gets so upset though, I think he hates me now. =( He did a good job buying pink wards.

In the end the other team blamed LeBlanc for throwing the game.

Ashe wrecked stuff!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like I've told you not to play Sion top multiple times Blizzard. He can't 1v1 against bruisers or strong laners that take top.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like I've told you not to play Sion top multiple times Blizzard. He can't 1v1 against bruisers or strong laners that take top.
Yeah, I was going mid but Lux asked to go mid since they didn't want to fight Akali, so I switched. I did make stupid decisions later on, but hopefully I'm learning a bit as I go.

And yes, blame me or both of us for having both AP Sion and Lux on the same team. :p I don't know if we discussed it in team select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom