• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
So we tried the AD ranged carry team in a single lane tactic last night. We fucked up big time pre-minion spawn by not traveling all together. Garen and sona caught two of us alone and killed one of us, and hurting the other pretty bad. It was followed shortly by a team battle in top lane where we got crushed (but took their first tower).

Even so, we did pretty damn good all things considered. Our levels were behind, but our cs was pretty close, kills not too shabby, and we were tied with towers for quite a while. If we had pulled off that first fight better, we would of been golden.

So here's the thing, we need another 5 people to try it proper again. The plan:

-5 AD ranged carries
-Everyone should have the tower attacking mastery.
-Everyone should have surge
-2 Should have heal
-2 should have promote. Maybe one have ignite/exhaust instead? Who knows.
-1 should have cv
-Everyone buy a dorans blade.

We all go mid, hide in the bushes at the start of game. CV around to see if they've caught on and gonig to jump us. If not, when the mid laner shows themselves we jump them. THen push tower with a promote, and all of us activating surge.
This sounds like a terrible idea. I'm up for trying it if I have time for a game some day though, since I'm an expert at terrible ideas and losing games. =D

Blizzard

Banned
It was actually really funny, even though we lost.
I don't remember if you were there the last time we tried it, but last time was before the invention of surge and non-dominion promote. *edit* And tower-killing masteries. Isn't there a secondary mastery that helps teammates kill towers too?

ElectraStar

I would too if she will have smaller breast, kinda tire of all the big breast champion.

No, Annie doesn't count.

LOL, even when a champ doesn't start out big breasted, they magically go up a cup size with each skin (Lux being the most recent example). I mean, they even slapped little boobies on Poppy!!

1829303-battle_regalia_poppy.jpg

How adorable.

Speaking of large-chested ladies, I really enjoyed Ashing it up last night. I ulted from my base onto someone who was recalling behind their mid turret and killed them. So satisfying.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to assume the only reason NARiot doesn't use the Chinese art is because they're afraid of misleading their customers with fuckawesome skin art.

Veritas_

w -> q still works, free malph ult
once you practice it won't be so hard to land, I remember reading that it wasn't fun for pros to do though since they tended to crack under the pressure (fail w->q = losing dat $).

Yup, it definitely works. I managed to catch a Sivir running back to her base with it last night, our team jumped and won the ensuing team fight. So clutch. Felt awesome to pull it off since I've never tried it before.

brian!

just had a weird experience, has this ever happened to any of you?

rolled the other team so they surrendered and as it started zooming to their base for their nexus to explode we did a surrender vote. The game does like some sort of double take and decided to head towards our nexus, it explodes, we lose. best game, I wish stuff like that (like really magical realist kind of things) happened all the time.

Blizzard

Banned
just had a weird experience, has this ever happened to any of you?

rolled the other team so they surrendered and as it started zooming to their base for their nexus to explode we did a surrender vote. The game does like some sort of double take and decided to head towards our nexus, it explodes, we lose. best game, I wish stuff like that (like really magical realist kind of things) happened all the time.
It's so hard to win games (about 55 games under), I would hate to lose a game because your teammates decided to surrender. And yes, if you surrender as the nexus is blowing up, you lose.

A lot of people are comparing Ahri (new champ) to LeBlanc, Kassadin, or Akali, but I think a lot of her skills will work like Taric's stun where the closer you are to the target, the more damage you do. That should make her more different enough from those champs to be interesting.

Ferrio

Banned
A lot of people are comparing Ahri (new champ) to LeBlanc, Kassadin, or Akali, but I think a lot of her skills will work like Taric's stun where the closer you are to the target, the more damage you do. That should make her more different enough from those champs to be interesting.

Closer to the target... more damage? Where'd you read this?

Ferrio

Banned
From the link I posted the other day! Her burst is high, but must be in short range to maximize it...Play it safe and have more light damage, or commit and go for the kill?

I assumed it meant some of her skills are short range, or talking about using her ult to escape instead of committing.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
From the link I posted the other day! Her burst is high, but must be in short range to maximize it...Play it safe and have more light damage, or commit and go for the kill?

My guess is, it must be a short range dash like Riven's dash, but it does burst damage. So you can either dash 3 times on the same target to burst someone down, or you can dash in for a few poke then dash away.

says the guy with the doll-girl avatar!
plastic joints fetishism

There are nothing wrong with loving plastic joints... THINK ABOUT THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITY!

At least I don't hurt real animals..

Saw that Chinese art, thought it was a new Morg skin, and got super excited. Now I'm just disappointed.

I really wish they'd do a permanent price drop on the Morg skins...then also have a 50% off sale. Because I have enough RP for that...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is the WCG trolling me? The schedule says there is supposed to be League of Legends right now. They played one terrible match and the rest of the stream has been Linkin Park (where some mysterious voice sang along), commercials, and fast cuts of junk boats in some scummy looking bay.

y2dvd

I spent most of the night last night just comparing the chinese art to ours and most of it just blows ours out the water. Nideel and Katarina art puts ours to shame especially.

I spent most of the night last night just comparing the chinese art to ours and most of it just blows ours out the water. Nideel and Katarina art puts ours to shame especially.
Classic and the High Command Kat art is fucking awesome, IMO (US). Also, US Vlad > Chinese Vlad. US Classic/Bloodstone Taric > Chinese Taric.

Honestly, I find myself preferring the US art. They both have their good/bad qualities, though. I find the US art to be more charming than the Chinese art. The Chinese art is interesting and pretty awesome, yeah, but some just seem off... like short/fat Orianna and creepily-realistic-looking Vayne. The same is true for some of the US ones, obviously (Sivir/Akali), but they're getting better.

It's a mixed bag. I prefer some here, some there, etc.

My new LOL project is to play Tryndamere as a jungler on Twister Treeline.

The problem I've always had with Trynd is he really needs to get ahead to work well but at that point, he's insane unless they have great cc/teamwork. On TT, NO ONE jungles and NO ONE knows how to counter jungle on the map. This allows me to get far ahead early.

Also, the map is practically made for this guy. Level 2 ganks are easy as hell because you can just spinning slash through the wall and into the top bushes and get an easy kill. If you get that first blood and control the buffs, it's an easy win.

Even if your teammates are horrible you can still have a few 3v1s go your way before the game ends.

loltryndtt.png

Blizzard

Banned

The problem I've always had with Trynd is he really needs to get ahead to work well but at that point, he's insane unless they have great cc/teamwork. On TT, NO ONE jungles and NO ONE knows how to counter jungle on the map. This allows me to get far ahead early.

Also, the map is practically made for this guy. Level 2 ganks are easy as hell because you can just spinning slash through the wall and into the top bushes and get an easy kill. If you get that first blood and control the buffs, it's an easy win.

Even if your teammates are horrible you can still have a few 3v1s go your way before the game ends.
Correct. As far as I know, Mundo was nerfed into general badness (perhaps even badness on Twisted Treeline) precisely because Mundo was so good on the map. Tryndamere, however, has stayed the same or pretty much the same, and thus he is either the absolute best or very close to it on that map.

Presumably you can solo the top lane halfway, then get jungle buffs, then come back and push minions, etc. so you get both minion gold and jungle gold. I've seen Riven do that as well.

loltryndtt.png

But what will you do when you run into my team? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom