• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
So I finally got around to watching the next patch preview video.

Eh on the Trendy Nerf. It's not his health thing that everyone QQs about, but rather it's his rage. Sure you can try and drop an ignite, but if you don't have it up your SOL. Plus it syncs with his passive sooo well.
Yeah I'm glad to see him nerfed, and I'd like to see Akali nerfed more, but I think the heal is the least of the Tryndamere problems. Making his ultimate last 5-10 seconds less, or lowering his crit chance by 200-300% would make him a little more pleasant.

Boken

Banned
If tryndamere couldn't heal, he would be NOTHING in lane. He would get no farm at all.

The fact is, his heal makes it easier for him to get more rage which generates more heal which bla bla... It just builds upon itself.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah I actually like his heal or else he would totally suck in lane. They either need to cut short his ulty or rework his passive since he goes crazy while his ulty is up.

Vanillalite

Well actually... I was pointing out how important the heal is to Tryndamere...

Oh yeah I got that. Just came off probably weird that I thought otherwise in my post.

Biggest thing is I'm not one to just like across the board nerfs on champs as everyone needs an angle. I think Trendy's heal is one of his better angles in lane.

In reality I think the actual problem is his passive, but that really only becomes OP in conjunction with his Ulty when he gets into later game. To much crit means you die 1 on 1 if he pops his ulty because his deeps goes off the charts.

Boken

Banned
Trynd's late game has barely changed. The recent Trynd remake simply made his laning phase so much better. This was primarily due to the heal change.

A Trynd is only a problem with massive farm. The new sustain helps him farm to that crazy extent. Prior to the change, Trynd was a terrible champion. A nerf to his current heal means fury banking in lane (and the massive crits in lane) are less likely to happen, since he should be healing more often now and thus should have less rage overall. This is a good general nerf to his powerful laning!

Trynd's heals is his good angle? billions of champions heal.There are few top laners that become carry gods late game. I think thats a better angle.

Vanillalite

Trynd's late game has barely changed. The recent Trynd remake simply made his laning phase so much better. This was primarily due to the heal change.

A Trynd is only a problem with massive farm. The new sustain helps him farm to that crazy extent. Prior to the change, Trynd was a terrible champion. A nerf to his current heal means fury banking in lane (and the massive crits in lane) are less likely to happen, since he should be healing more often now and thus should have less rage overall. This is a good general nerf to his powerful laning!

Trynd's heals is his good angle? billions of champions heal.There are few top laners that become carry gods late game. I think thats a better angle.

Just a good angle, but I didn't say it was his only good angle.

Also it wasn't just the remake, but also he was one of the champs that got a big buff from the mastery pages redo as well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Silence should stop Trynd from ulting. Too easy for him to use it and there isn't any good counter to it. Pretty sure he can use it while feared too.

bjaelke

Does anyone have VODs from the WCG finals? Only found those with Korean commentaries. I know Dan Dinh and Nhat Nguyen recorded some of the earlier games, but I can't find anything from Sunday.

Trying to avoid spoilers :)

Blizzard

Banned
Silence should stop Trynd from ulting. Too easy for him to use it and there isn't any good counter to it. Pretty sure he can use it while feared too.
I think this would be fair. Does anything have the ability to temporarily disable the Zhonya's Hourglass active trigger? Maybe whatever can disable that and/or whatever disables flash should also work on his ult.

Also, I've seen a Tryndamere die against Nasus because Nasus does so much burst damage that he'd see himself with like 500-1000 health left and not trigger the ult, and then be one-shotted.

Here's how I would balance Tryndamere: After using his ult, he cannot use his E for 8 seconds and E does not allow him to travel through walls/jungle.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

The problem with Tyrand, Aki, and Vlad is that even if they suck and get rock. After a certain amount of time, you really can't stop their farm. They have too much escape and/or damage. So they normally can keep freely farming.

Boken

Banned
So why didn't anybody complain about trynd before? His ability to farm and escape after a certain amount of time is exactly the same.

If you've crippled trynd such that he has to stay top and farm for 20 minutes and you can't take advantage of that.... then either the other team played really well, or your team played poorly.

ElectraStar

yar, taking break from league. Can't win anymore and constantly playing on tilt. See you in a few weeks

That's 'cause you haven't been playing with your usual crew, foo'!

lololol, so cute!

Igniting Trynd while ulted is the only truly satisfying way to ignite in this game.

dimb

So why didn't anybody complain about trynd before? His ability to farm and escape after a certain amount of time is exactly the same.
New Masteries benefit AD crit based champions the most. The biggest crit based champion is Trynd, GP is a close second. Right now Trynd is strong early, potentially great mid game, and astoundingly amazing at the late game. He is probably the champion with the highest damage output, his escape is some of the best in the game, his damage is guaranteed, and he's also pretty tanky even without trying.

Blizzard

Banned

If you've crippled trynd such that he has to stay top and farm for 20 minutes and you can't take advantage of that.... then either the other team played really well, or your team played poorly.
People did complain about tryndamere, and have been complaining about him for the last 8 months or so as far as I'm aware. In 3v3 he is even more powerful, and in 5v5 ranked he is banned in maybe 80-90% of the games I play.

Sometimes he will do badly and sometimes he will lose and sometimes he may be countered, but people still presumably complain about him and hate fighting him.

LCGeek

formerly sane
People did complain about tryndamere, and have been complaining about him for the last 8 months or so as far as I'm aware. In 3v3 he is even more powerful, and in 5v5 ranked he is banned in maybe 80-90% of the games I play.

Sometimes he will do badly and sometimes he will lose and sometimes he may be countered, but people still presumably complain about him and hate fighting him.

Because he is pure cheese. I love being vayne having ie seeing him have no damage and still crit with as well as me plus that ult and a well timed heal. F his spin I make him eat that spin but the ult, the damage, and heals need to go. Especially the ultimate the idea of ulti like that should have never come in to the game considering it's clearly anti fun yet riot has done nothing to this mechanic on him or poppy.

Blizzard

Banned
Who beats irelia at top lane?
Haha, I literally asked this in the ingame chat channel earlier today and was googling about it. So far I have the following ideas:

* Teemo (try to blind, probably a terrible idea, just saw someone mention it...oh and you'll run out of mana)
* Jax (jump on her?)
* Riven
* Nasus (make it into a farm fest and do more damage than her if the game goes on forever?)
*edit* I think I saw Yorick mentioned too, and he sounds like a good idea though I guess Irelia would reduce the slow duration.

I like Riven but never figured out how to beat Irelia. Someone in the chat channel told me to buy runes to get 25 arpen, so I did. I then played a 1v1 round with that person and died horribly to their Irelia...so apparently I'm just doing it wrong in general. Supposedly there's some area where you can position yourself next to minion and farm them while simultaneously saving your Q to do double hop and one escape damage to Irelia.

I think the other piece of advice people were giving may be to not push the lane, since Irelia likes farming under her own tower and it's really hard to gank her.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
* Teemo (try to blind, probably a terrible idea, just saw someone mention it...oh and you'll run out of mana)
* Jax (jump on her?)
* Riven
* Nasus (make it into a farm fest and do more damage than her if the game goes on forever?)
*edit* I think I saw Yorick mentioned too, and he sounds like a good idea though I guess Irelia would reduce the slow duration.
No to Teemo.
Jax is alright.
No to Riven.
No to Nasus.
Yorick outlanes everyone.

A) How do I infinite sustain as Yorick

B) What's a good rune page for Alistar? My friend just started playing, and he's using... Crit runes... to help him push.

Blizzard

Banned
No to Teemo.
Jax is alright.
No to Riven.
No to Nasus.
Yorick outlanes everyone.
So are the only possible viable top lane people against her Yorick and Jax? o_O

*edit* That guy above me says Rumble, and he has a purple League of Legends dude in his avatar, so I trust him.

Haly

There are others, like the aforementioned Rumble.

Xin is 50/50 against her from what I've seen.

Morde used to be able to outlane her but lol nerfed morde.

Against Irelia, you need to either:
1) Keep up with her sustain and burst
2) Zone her hard

There aren't many champion that qualify for 1, and 2 is difficult without the right skillset. For 2), you need a ranged poke but also the ability to put out a lot of damage up close if she ever decides to rush you.

dimb

I've never seen Xin try to solo a lane since he got nerfed. I wish people did because I would just crush them if they tried it.

Haly

I play with a guy who is a good Xin Zhao (even post nerf) so it works for normal, since individual skill counts for more than overall team makeup.

dimb

Ferrio saves our trolling attempts.
bly9f.jpg

What is going on I don't even...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom