• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I think it'd be better for everybody if Koreans moved to the Korean server. Nothing racist or anything.

Australian LoL time might be a little shitty without Korea though : |

The best games are always the ones where both teams are even and where momentum shifts. :D
QNHIM.jpg

Match started pretty badly for us since our Yi and Sion kept dying to the enemy Yi. Score was with them leading with like 20 kills and 3 towers. I noticed the entire enemy team was pretty much AD stacking Infinity Edges so I told everyone to get Thornmail. Even though Warwick's R isn't that powerful I am loving the suppression ability more and more.

bjaelke

Those are some of the weirdest builds I've seen. Sion, Irelia, 7 x Infinity Edge, 9 x Berserker's Greaves, 9 x Phantom Dancer and 7 x heal.

Blizzard

Banned
The best games are always the ones where both teams are even and where momentum shifts. :D
You would think so, but every close game, especially if I have to fight tooth and nail to get random people to work together, takes a year off my life and brings me closer to heart failure.

Every game where the momentum shifts and I lose after being ahead 20 kills takes TWO years off my life.

bjaelke

Hate? I was merely bemused by the items on the various champions. Wolf Akela's running Thornmail, so he clearly knows what's going on.

Boken

Banned
I don't know why people dont like the odd one more. Sure, he's pretty aggressive, but he commentates a lot with nuggets of wisdom.

Things I just learnt from the Odd One:
-Karthus loses to poke teams but is very strong against engage teams.
-Minions following you off path = ward (cos wards give vision)
-when jungle rammus, you can smite a minion that would otherwise block your roll (mind blown)
-ryze da good pick when you have gank/aggressive jungla

Blizzard

Banned
Viktor sounds like an amazing champion =\

Yeah, I think the model and skills were posted a few pages back, but we don't know the ratios...or so I thought. I probably won't have time to play until Friday, but does anyone have Ahri impressions yet? Someone said the ratios were terrible though as mentioned, if you can hit the ult 2-3 times in a row it might be decent.

Blizzard

Banned
I was confused how you'd get 12 kills with Shen...then I realized you were playing Twisted Treeline so it's not like normal Summoner's Rift play. Still, I'm curious. What items and strategies did you typically use?

Blizzard

Banned
HE SOUNDS JUST LIKE I WANTED HIM TO

RELEASE HIM RIOT YOU JERKAMAPHOBES
I just listened to the Ahri sound files and I don't know how that wasn't an awkward recording session, lol. I guess they sound so weird since they're all lumped together in a row, though.

I hadn't thought about what a Russian robot voice would sound like, but I think they did a pretty great job for Viktor.

I was confused how you'd get 12 kills with Shen...then I realized you were playing Twisted Treeline so it's not like normal Summoner's Rift play. Still, I'm curious. What items and strategies did you typically use?

I've seen scary Shens on Dominion. The secret?

Tanky-AP Shens that rush either Triforce or Lich Bane.

Yeah, I'm kind of forced to get kills in Twisted Treeline. My strategy is to get enemies off of my team, so I just build appropriate tank items. No attack items unless the game has gone on too long, in which case I buy a Frozen Mallet. Or I guess if there was a lot of AP on both teams, I'd get an Abyssal Scepter.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Still not out?

Not even a spotlight?

wtfisthisshit

I've been playing this for a couple of days now, I'm just picking those starting ones and unlocked ones. I'm still a scrub so I lose bad because I'm unfamiliar with the champions. Though I looked at guides and see what's their strength and such. I was playing Shen as a non tank and yeah... I'm only level 7 atm, playing more Dominion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh man, Xerath was one of the top champions I was wanting. Is it an actual IP discount or just RP?
All deals are RP. The Xerath deal is pretty crazy and I think pretty much everyone should buy him. Vayne will probably be marked down to 3150 IP within the next 2/3 months.

I've been playing this for a couple of days now, I'm just picking those starting ones and unlocked ones. I'm still a scrub so I lose bad because I'm unfamiliar with the champions. Though I looked at guides and see what's their strength and such. I was playing Shen as a non tank and yeah... I'm only level 7 atm, playing more Dominion.
If Dominion is how you have fun with the game feel free to keep doing that, but many of the basics will be lost on you if you don't play Summoner's Rift. It might be better to keep learning at early levels when you're still with other low level players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom