• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm starting to doubt ROA on Ahri... ROA + Rylai make her pretty damn tanky but i don't know

any opinions? Should i build her as a complete burst mage with rylai as my only tanky item?
I rarely build RoA on Dom unless I'm doing some kind of tanky AP troll build.

My reasoning is because respawn times are so small that I don't benefit much from having extra health/mana/regen as I would in SR. Rylai's is enough in most situations because I want to live long enough to take one or two people down, and the slow component is much better for that. Whereas the primary advantage of RoA is its cost efficiency. Also, because of the gold tick, people will be scaling much faster so if I can't get cap I would be falling behind.

Haly

The problem with dodge is being screwed over by RNG, not really the damage mitigation part.

It's "antifun".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My pro-dodge argument: it's funnier.

Tear is awful by the way outside of on champions that are hyper-mana hungry or scale off mana who can spam abilities. Take it only on like Ryze, Yorick, Blitz. Maybe Anivia but I don't play her to know what's in. Nobody else that I can think of off the top of my head.

dimb

There are some items that cause you to crit some% of the time, or slow some% of the time, right? Would those be changed next? :>
They have already said those are fun. It is a player manipulated statistic as opposed to dodge, which is in the control of the enemy. If people want to mitigate crit they can buy any armor item or health item in the game. If they want to avoid having their attacks dodged they have to buy Sword of the Divine.

Not all RNG is the same.

Blizzard

Banned
They have already said those are fun. It is a player manipulated statistic as opposed to dodge, which is in the control of the enemy.

Not all RNG is the same.
Enemies manipulate their crit chance and use that against me though. If I'm allowed to have high crits and enemies aren't allowed to have crits at all, now that I'm all for signing up to. =P *edit* Oh you mention reducing damage with armor, but that still doesn't stop the crit effect.

If what they're saying is that they don't want there to be a partial chance of your attack failing or being reduced, okay, but aren't there already some abilities or items (Alistar's passive?) that do that?

*edit* Apparently I'm totally crazy, and Alistar's passive is trample and does damage to minions. o_O Isn't there some champion who has a passive that has x% chance to negate incoming damage?

Boken

Banned
There is a mechanic that reduces crit effectiveness - damage reduction
Nothing reduces dodge effectiveness. SotD isn't even a real item. It's poop. I hope they replace that with ionic spark.

Dodge also gets stronger the more of it you can stack since damage goes to 0 at 100%, where as crit goes to a finite amount - 2.5x damage at best at 100% crit.
0x2.5=0! OP!!

Tbh, a random crit in lane is just as bullshit as a random dodge and riot are looking into early game crit.

Flat damage reduction (Sion passive) has nothing on dodge because it never scales as well.

bjaelke

*edit* Apparently I'm totally crazy, and Alistar's passive is trample and does damage to minions. o_O Isn't there some champion who has a passive that has x% chance to negate incoming damage?
(Innate): Fizz's dexterity allows him to perpetually ignore unit collision and take 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 reduced physical damage from autoattacks.

Or maybe you're thinking about Alistar's ultimate which reduces damage.

Blizzard

Banned
Or maybe you're thinking about Alistar's ultimate which reduces damage.
No, it was Sion as someone mentioned.
(Innate): Sion has a 40% chance to ignore up to 30 / 40 / 50 damage each time he is hit by an autoattack. The damage reduction is calculated before armor and percentage damage reduction benefits are taken into account.
It doesn't reduce near as much as dodge, and probably won't get changed, so nevermind.

bjaelke

Someone ghosted TheOddOne's stream and banned all his champions
KuGsj.gif

dimb

She was awful and we lost. And Singed tried to take top even though I picked before him. And my team yelled at me the whole time for not getting kills on Jarvan top and just farming the lane.

dimb

Sure they were yelling at you? Maybe they were complimenting you, in that odd language that doesn't look like it belongs on the north american server.
When it's time to insult people they know English.

Every other word is "report".

I've only played against bots, but would like to try and get into the versus side of things. I'm still learning though, so is there a scrub league of some kind on GAF where there would be patience for screw-ups?

ButtPlugBaronen on LoL, by the way.

We have newcomers every so often; in fact, I think we had a new wave recently.

Don't hesitate to join and ask questions. Recently GAF has been so kind as to adopt an IRL friend of mine and show him the ropes. He's, what, level 7?

Boken

Banned
No more support champions for this year im afraid : (

New champions are being discovered in a support role though.
-->Nunu es best support

dimb

Played Volibear for the first time. What an abhorrent champion. Just a terrible kit. He feels slow. His range feels stupidly limiting. He has no escape because his gap closer only works towards the enemy. He poses no threat and can be almost completely shut down by ranged champs. Extremely boring to play. Almost entirely auto-attack and on hit based. Stylistically embarrassing and boring. Zilean should have worked harder to keep him out of the game.

Blizzard

Banned
No more support characters, battle is more funz right?

Played Volibear for the first time. What an abhorrent champion. Just a terrible kit. He feels slow. His range feels stupidly limiting. He has no escape because his gap closer only works towards the enemy. He poses no threat and can be almost completely shut down by ranged champs. Extremely boring to play. Almost entirely auto-attack and on hit based. Stylistically embarrassing and boring. Zilean should have worked harder to keep him out of the game.
I've seen him take like a million chomps of damage out of healthbars when he uses his chomp attack though. I don't know what it is, but it's like chomp, bam, hundreds of damage.

dimb

I've seen him take like a million chomps of damage out of healthbars when he uses his chomp attack though. I don't know what it is, but it's like chomp, bam, hundreds of damage.
Pro tip: all champions do damage. Most champions also have more than two offensive moves and don't rely on auto-attacking on a low mobility champion with a three second slow on an eleven second cooldown.

Blizzard

Banned
Pro tip: all champions do damage. Most champions also have more than two offensive moves and don't rely on auto-attacking on a low mobility champion with a three second slow on an eleven second cooldown.
I dunno man, I've seen BEARS.

Most of them were terrible, but sometimes, CHOMP CHOMP, unbearable damage. Of course, bear in mind I almost only play summoner's rift so that may adjust the bear factor. It's hard to say.

Blizzard

Banned
Why would you renekon when you have riven? RIVEN!
I kinda liked Renekton but never figured out how to use him effectively, especially in 3v3, and how to do crazy damage endgame. And Riven is perhaps more fun in my opinion even though you can't go through walls. =(

bjaelke

I kinda liked Renekton but never figured out how to use him effectively, especially in 3v3, and how to do crazy damage endgame. And Riven is perhaps more fun in my opinion even though you can't go through walls. =(

The only way to have a good endgame with Renekton is to have a stellar start. You don't necessarily have to be fed, but you can't fall behind your opponents in cs/kills. That's why flat ad runes are fantastic on him. Gives him a powerful early game that he can take advantage of. With the new masteries you don't need full armor penetration runes anymore.

Haly

Ezreal, except all his skill shots are heals and shields instead of nukes.

Haly

Bring back support ez, just make all his abilities have a secondary support effect like the wave thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom