• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

We could just update the current OP with new information. A lot of stuff have happened during the last 2 years.

40+ New Champions, Dominion, Twisted Treeline, Competitive Scene ($5m Prize Pool), New Masteries, Spectator Mode, S2 Staff Members, Tribunal and Co-op Vs. AI.

Ferga

Bought trundle and doing pretty well with him. I think he will be my new udyr jungle

Nothing can beat the fun of shaco though

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Normal draft mode is so weird tonight. I keep seeing high rank players all over the place but everything is still just craziness. Somehow beat Taric/Vayne lane running Tristana/Shaco bot. Jungle Panth is too stronk.

Also, Shen is underground super tank.

ElectraStar

Episode 2 of that Chinese LoL animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bryMPwNNC4

She's very powerful in solo queue. I was laning with a Tryndamere and we completely dominated a Tristana/Soraka lane, which should otherwise be very safe.

1kAIi.jpg

Just noticed that this thread is almost at 20,000 posts.

I don't know if I agree with that. Everytime I solo queue and pick her I get a retarded team; and really a support can only be as good as the people s/he's supporting. But perhaps I am lower on the ELO totem poll than you.

Also, Cait's eyes look like bug eyes in that video. I love these videos. Too funny.
* Edit: Ad since when is Garen such a sleazebag?

dimb

I don't know if I agree with that. Everytime I solo queue and pick her I get a retarded team; and really a support can only be as good as the people s/he's supporting.
This is pretty much true of all supports. Inherently you rely on your carry to get anywhere. Sona is still one of the best choices for bad carries though. She does decent damage and poke, has the best sustain, and can change a fight with her ult. She works with pretty much every carry down bottom. She will fit into pretty much any comp.

bjaelke

Well it only works if your melee lane partner knows how to take advantage of it. So far I've only had positive experiences laning with Tryndamere, Poppy, Riven and Yi. The score I posted before is from a game where I gave fb.

Ferrio

Banned
I think I'm playing this game too much. I'm having dreams of it constantly now. I was having some dream right before I woke up for work that I was playing ahri mid, and some bastard ap wouldn't die to my tower dive + ignite. I was raging in my sleep... that's bad.

Boken

Banned
I think I'm playing this game too much. I'm having dreams of it constantly now. I was having some dream right before I woke up for work that I was playing ahri mid, and some bastard ap wouldn't die to my tower dive + ignite. I was raging in my sleep... that's bad.

ur cute

Also only riven player I know. I should practice matchups with u

After my Sivir run on Dominion, I had dreams of bouncing blades.

I wish I were kidding.

Flare

Oh god, I'm not the only one who dreams about LoL.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So need some Rammus tips. On AD heavy teams I tend to own matches late game. It's virtually a guaranteed win as long as we don't get heavily rolled early.

Against AP heavy teams I tend to have problems. To much time spent worrying and splitting my build between AP and AD mitigation items. I'll try and rush magic resist, but then I don't get the attack boost from my passive. Getting like merc trees and then a force of nature takes time away from armor.

Idk games are wayyyy tougher for me this way.

So need some Rammus tips. On AD heavy teams I tend to own matches late game. It's virtually a guaranteed win as long as we don't get heavily rolled early.

Against AP heavy teams I tend to have problems. To much time spent worrying and splitting my build between AP and AD mitigation items. I'll try and rush magic resist, but then I don't get the attack boost from my passive. Getting like merc trees and then a force of nature takes time away from armor.

I assume you jungle Rammus right? Put a lot of pressure on the APs earlier in the game, grab the defensive masteries with MR (I assume you do this already), and maybe get some scaling MR/Lvl blues. I also tend to get Aegis/Merc treds on rammus (depending on team comp). The only time I really have trouble as Rammus is when my team isn't watching and doesn't follow me on engages.

broz0rs

that's Rammus and Malphite's weakness. when there's more than one AP carry, their role gets diminished. you just have to function as the team's initiator and just.. die lol. you can also just avoid picking them in draft pick if you see two APs. Against AP teams, you should consider choosing Cho'gath or Singed.

against balanced teams, i think GA is a must have.

LCGeek

formerly sane
So I got Vayne, don't really know how to play her besides - "condemn people into walls"

A lot of vayne comes down to kiting and abusing her setups.

For runes I feel full arpen is a must with her if you want to be 6 six shotting or less late game. IE or Black Cleaver setups are my preferred except when in draft and seeing a lot of a burst or tank coming at me. The rest is up to you and situational vs combos setups just know this and I mean it there are only about 6 hard counters to vayne if you have only damage setups and about zero if you get the right survival gear with damage. Next to tryn, ashe, and gp vayne can be quite sick in the critical damage territory plus silver bolts true damage.

Condemning people in to walls is a lot more complex than it seems. Some games you will be garbage and push out when it's not to your or your team advantage. Put condemn on smartcast so you're not wasting time getting a target it makes a world of difference in your game. The spell is so broke if anyone dives you near a tower tumble past them turn around and like tristana blow them in to the tower or the wall for a nasty stun.

Silver bolts is the first thing I always level up to max. Even early game using this with good damage and arpen just expect kills at 8 shots or less if you get two sets of silver bolts even vs tanks.

While some love beserker greaves I don't. Boots of swiftness, pd and triforce make her annoying mobile to the point ap casters cannot target you without getting in to your sweetspots. For other ad carries being able hit you with their big skills and outside yi with a ghostblade on crack you can always ghost yourself plus ulti and run from anything. I love vayne because her kit is still quite broke to rest of her class.

Vayne biggest weakness is her health. Shame this doesn't matter if you get bloodthirster or starks fervor though get it after cleaver or ie. If time permits always get a veil, ga, or warmongs&impaler setup to negate a lot of teams that will realize you being dead first is good for them.

See my previous posts for scores setups and situations I used them.

Blizzard

Banned
ur cute

Also only riven player I know. I should practice matchups with u
I play Riven, but I tried to pattern it after Ferrio. It worked until I started trying that new build he linked. :<

I'm not sure if I've had full LoL dreams, but when I play too much I find myself thinking about builds or trying to replay teamfights in my head or something. I'm a nerrrrrd.

IsayFever

@Rayven - everytime I've logged in this week I've been greeted to a full black screen with only the play button available. I have to relaunch the client to get the whole ui. Is this a common problem with the patch or am I doing something to fuck it up ;o?

Rayven, I dunno what you did for the UI, but it's really getting better. I like the shop and the champion stats screen.

Friend lists need an overhaul, though, as does the "Invite" function when you're in a lobby. I wish I could invite by groups, or that I could see the sortings just as I do in my standard list.

Rayven

aka surume
@Rayven - everytime I've logged in this week I've been greeted to a full black screen with only the play button available. I have to relaunch the client to get the whole ui. Is this a common problem with the patch or am I doing something to fuck it up ;o?

Is it just the landing page not rendering? Are you getting chat and everything else?

IsayFever

Is it just the landing page not rendering? Are you getting chat and everything else?

The chat isn't there and none of the interface outside of the Play button which doesn't work when I click it. But upon relaunch it's all there. Only started after the Ahri patch

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I assume you jungle Rammus right? Put a lot of pressure on the APs earlier in the game, grab the defensive masteries with MR (I assume you do this already), and maybe get some scaling MR/Lvl blues. I also tend to get Aegis/Merc treds on rammus (depending on team comp). The only time I really have trouble as Rammus is when my team isn't watching and doesn't follow me on engages.

that's Rammus and Malphite's weakness. when there's more than one AP carry, their role gets diminished. you just have to function as the team's initiator and just.. die lol. you can also just avoid picking them in draft pick if you see two APs. Against AP teams, you should consider choosing Cho'gath or Singed.

against balanced teams, i think GA is a must have.

Thanks for the replies! I definitely feel the "you just have to function as the team's initiator and just.. die" thing too. I do that a lot :p lol

Ferga

So I got Vayne, don't really know how to play her besides - "condemn people into walls"

What i do is farm and constantly tumble and harass the other ad carry (with my runes i usually take off 1/4 of their health with one tumble shot at level 1)

And yeah don't play her without a support

Once you get a BT and a GA, go wild with your ult!

Finally on a winning streak in solo que ranked. I don't know if I'll ever break 1300 again though, maxed out at 1309.

Just curious, what is everyone else at right now solo?

lolwinningstreak.png

Achtius

Troll game is troll.

troll.png

They invaded our jungle raped 5 of us and we only killed 1. Since they warded our jungle, when one of them die they just TP back in and continue fighting.

During laning phase, they like to teleport in our jungle and gank bot in a 5v2 battle. For a while, they had all their towers and destroyed most of ours.

Somehow, we managed to get baron and push their towers so that the kills and tower were even. After a long and grueling game, vayne was fed and rape them all. Don't think they won any team fight late game.

Ferny

Man it's sure taken a long while for the LoLGAF community to hit 20k, but we're going to be doing it soon!

Southern get on the new OT!

Macattk15

Finally on a winning streak in solo que ranked. I don't know if I'll ever break 1300 again though, maxed out at 1309.

Just curious, what is everyone else at right now solo?

lolwinningstreak.png

1451 ... highest solo I've gone is 1473. I've been floating right around 1450 for a week or so. Very annoying. Its almost never my fault we lose either .... always get SOME reject in some role.

bjaelke

Shen and Vladimir changes being tested in the PBE:
Shen
Vorpal Blade
Energy cost changed to 60 from 70/65/60/55/50
Heal piñata effect reduced to 10/16/22/28/34 from 18/26/34/42/50
Heal piñata also heals for 2% of maximum health
Shen gets the heal if he last hits with Vorpal Blade
Single target damaging spells can now also trigger Vorpal Blade instead of just attacks
Feint
Feint now grants 20/25/30/35/40 Armor while it's active
Feint duration increased to 3 from 2.5
Cost increased to 50 from 45
Shadow Dash
Cooldown changed to 11-9 from 10
Energy cost reduced to 100 from 120-100
Taunt Duration increased to 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
Restores 40 Energy per champion affected, from 50 Energy if you affect one
Ki Strike
Bonus Damage from Health increased to 12% from 8%
Cooldown is now reduced by 0.5 seconds for minion hits in addition to 2 seconds for champion hits

Vladimir
Transfusion
Cooldown reduced to 10/8.5/7/5.5/4 from 12/10/8/6/4
Tides of Blood
Health cost reduced to 25/35/45/55/65 from 30/40/50/60/75
Crimson Pact
AP -> health conversion reduced to 1.4 from 1.8

dimb

I've been on the fence about buying Shen lately. He's already kind of strong, so if the buff goes through I'm buying him. He will easily be top tier with those changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom