• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swig_

Played Volibear for the first time. What an abhorrent champion. Just a terrible kit. He feels slow. His range feels stupidly limiting. He has no escape because his gap closer only works towards the enemy. He poses no threat and can be almost completely shut down by ranged champs. Extremely boring to play. Almost entirely auto-attack and on hit based. Stylistically embarrassing and boring. Zilean should have worked harder to keep him out of the game.

I have had the exact opposite experience. I love this champ. He seems quick, tanky, extremely good in team fights (as an initiator) and is FUN.

I just had a game that resulted in a quick surrender because every team fight was a 4v5 because of my flip move and tankiness. I got first blood and got myself and my team several early game kills. I'll probably buy him with IP if I don't think I want that new champ.

Blizzard

Banned
I bought Renekton.

Which makes me realize I really need to go and fix my rune pages. They are so haphazard.
The best part is when you do it and get unexpected results.

There was a guy in the neogaf chat channel who said they didn't play, only idled in chat. I was like yo dawg, how do you fight Irelia, and he was like yo dawg, you gotta use Riven yo. And I was like, I got Riven dawg, but I have troubles. And he was like, yo dawg, your runes are wrong, you need arpen quints and (etc. etc.)

So I spent like 2000 IP on runes and fixed the rune page and did a 1v1 custom game with him and he crushed me in two Irelia vs Riven fights at the start of the game and told me I was a disgrace to Rivens everywhere. :'(

There was a guy in the neogaf chat channel who said they didn't play, only idled in chat. I was like yo dawg, how do you fight Irelia, and he was like yo dawg, you gotta use Riven yo. And I was like, I got Riven dawg, but I have troubles. And he was like, yo dawg, your runes are wrong, you need arpen quints and (etc. etc.)

So I spent like 2000 IP on runes and fixed the rune page and did a 1v1 custom game with him and he crushed me in two Irelia vs Riven fights at the start of the game and told me I was a disgrace to Rivens everywhere. :'(

Ouch

Fortunately, ArmPen runes are GREAT, so no IP wasted there.

broz0rs

Riven is supposed to destroy Irelia in early levels :(

The current jungle meta either:

1. Wriggles
2. Double GP/5 (philo and hog)

The second is making tanky champs like Malphite a strong jungle pick :)

Ferga

No more support champions for this year im afraid : (

New champions are being discovered in a support role though.
-->Nunu es best support

Nunu really needs a ad who can auto attack safely though like cait, kog or graves. A lot of people get too overconfident with nunu's 1000000 year slow

Ferrio

Banned

What items did you start with? What masteries?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not sure how Riven outlanes Irelia.

::scratches head::

Blizzard

Banned
What items did you start with? What masteries?
We both had armor and 5 potions. I think I used 21/9/0 (maybe 21/0/9 but doubtful), some normal AD mastery set.

According to what they said, I need to learn some sort of positioning where I can sit in the enemy minion line without taking agro, but dodge in and out using the Q/AA/Q/AA combo on Irelia if Irelia attacks me or minions, or possibly spamming QQ and then escaping if Irelia comes close. Something like that. What I quickly learned in that setup was that going 1v1 with Q/AA/Q/AA means Irelia murders you with like 1/4 of her health left. I don't remember if either of us used summoner spells but I don't think ignite was involved, at minimum.

I'm not sure how Riven outlanes Irelia.

::scratches head::
Yeah, that's precisely why I was asking so many questions about it when I was trying to figure out an Irelia counter, and why I asked them to play a 1v1 custom game with me after they gave me so much advice on it. However I very may well be a disgrace to Rivens everywhere as they said. =P

Haly

True, but this assumes Irelia commits on you doesn't it?

broz0rs

Irelia's only threat early is her E, which can stun if her hp is lower than her opponent. But most Irelia players get W first for sustain and get E at either lvs. 2 or 3 depending on her matchup. But she really does paltry damage early.

An excellent Riven counter is Pantheon. Riven players end up having to level E first to survive the early spear barrage.

Blizzard

Banned
Irelia's only threat early is her E, which can stun if her hp is lower than her opponent. But most Irelia players get W first for sustain and get E at either lvs. 2 or 3 depending on her matchup. But she really does paltry damage early.

An excellent Riven counter is Pantheon. Riven players end up having to level E first to survive the early spear barrage.
According to the neogaf chat person, if Irelia doesn't get W first, then she loses immediately to Riven.

In the test case we did, Irelia did get W first for sustain, and handily outdamaged Riven to survive with 1/4 HP left if I recall correctly, despite Riven's Q combo. If anyone wants to test/practice more let me know.

Ferrio

Banned

Ya, I've gone against him and he handed my ass to me on a platter. His passive is a big counter to riven's passive.

ElectraStar

hollow_-_sit_in_bush.jpg

I would so wear this, and I don't even play Teemo xD

Ferrio

Banned
Hrm, reading the forums.. someone posted a screen of them using AD ahri. It makes a lot of sense. Her AA range is great, she's decent base damage, and her ap ratios aren't great so no big loss in not stacking AP.

Blizzard

Banned
I would so wear this, and I don't even play Teemo xD
That is cute. I want to plaaaay and I want to play Teemo. ;_;

*edit* Hahaha at the Singed sign. It's so painful when you're begging a solo queue team "no please don't focus him PLEASE NO STOP ATTACKING SINGED YOU FOOLS *everyone dies*".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Who was this? From what I've seen around most people prioritize AD quints over ARP quints, especially on a character like Riven who scales hard off just AD.

dimb

How do you decide when to take attack damage runes over armor pen runes? I only have one AD rune page, and it's all armor pen for offense.
Depends. Some people still run armor pen reds, some run half armor pen reds half AD reds. Depends on the champ and all of that stuff. The in thing on AD carries for example right now is to run flat AD everything. Biggest thing is that less ARP is showing up in general, especially in the quint slots.

Depends. Some people still run armor pen reds, some run half armor pen reds half AD reds. Depends on the champ and all of that stuff. The in thing on AD carries for example right now is to run flat AD everything. Biggest thing is that less ARP is showing up in general, especially in the quint slots.

My thinking is that there are tons of items with AD, but very few with ARP. So if I can get my ARP through runes, I am freed up with my item selection. Whereas if I get AD runes, I absolutely need to grab an item with ARP.

dimb

You have to look at where runes really matter though, which is early game and for laning. In that situation flat AD is going to make it much easier to last hit, and in trades you're going to still do about the same you would with ARP. Abilities scale of AD too, not ARP, so even that little bit can help a lot.

Haly

Fuzzy Wuzzy is everything Volibear should be, but isn't.

Macattk15

I've changed my stance on Ahri. I like her. If you hit with both ends of the Orb she does do quite a bit of damage. Foxfire can also add up.

She is also a bitch to gank with the ult up. I think I use it more for escaping than dealing damage.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
According to the neogaf chat person, if Irelia doesn't get W first, then she loses immediately to Riven.

In the test case we did, Irelia did get W first for sustain, and handily outdamaged Riven to survive with 1/4 HP left if I recall correctly, despite Riven's Q combo. If anyone wants to test/practice more let me know.

The main problem is you don't know how Irelia work. From Irelia point of view, against Riven, Irelia will let Riven hit her first, then immediately stun Riven, activate W, auto attack once then run away while Riven take a few minion damage. Since Irelia got hit first, Riven's lane will push. Irelia can just auto attack her health back to full.

Irelia goal is simple to farm all day, I don't think she can kill Riven in a lane.

When go against Irelia, you just have to pay attention to when she activate her W. Basically, run when she has W on, and harass/fight her when her W in CD. Building armor doesn't help much, since half of damage will be true damage, while she keep stacking armor to counter you.

brian!

riven counters irelia insofar as she throws out her stuns and knockup when irelia has w activated and plays aggressively in a way that does minimal dmg to the creep wave and doesn't allow irelia to get those autoattack lifesteals.

Top lane irelia ALWAYS maxes w first, make no mistake =p + I'm not sure if arpen runes are the way to go, though its nice if the irelia has armor runes. Moar AD = better trades, better shield. Depending on the team comp, you may want to rush out a wriggles for dat sustain (and its just all around good on her).

Blizzard

Banned
riven counters irelia insofar as she throws out her stuns and knockup when irelia has w activated and plays aggressively in a way that does minimal dmg to the creep wave and doesn't allow irelia to get those autoattack lifesteals.

Top lane irelia ALWAYS maxes w first, make no mistake =p + I'm not sure if arpen runes are the way to go, though its nice if the irelia has armor runes. Moar AD = better trades, better shield. Depending on the team comp, you may want to rush out a wriggles for dat sustain (and its just all around good on her).
Riven only has one stun (half second if irelia gets merc treads, reduced further by her passive I guess?), and no knockup, only the slight knockback if you get the third Q hop close to an enemy.

I finally had a decent Teemo game tonight. I went mid against Brand since that was what was left for me to do, and I started with the green health regen thing like that other Teemo who was solo top. It was a crazy item to pick and I got owned, but thankfully Shyvana was carrying everyone (she started roaming by herself near the end so it was hard to push) and the other team seemed pretty bad, so we blew up their nexus.
teemo37mx9h.png

dimb

I have no idea what I am doing with Sona but if I stand next to my teammates and mash the buttons good things seem to happen.

bjaelke

Episode 2 of that Chinese LoL animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bryMPwNNC4
I have no idea what I am doing with Sona but if I stand next to my teammates and mash the buttons good things seem to happen.
She's very powerful in solo queue. I was laning with a Tryndamere and we completely dominated a Tristana/Soraka lane, which should otherwise be very safe.

1kAIi.jpg

Just noticed that this thread is almost at 20,000 posts.

can you Garentee this?

oh u!

Episode 2 of that Chinese LoL animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bryMPwNNC4

She's very powerful in solo queue. I was laning with a Tryndamere and we completely dominated a Tristana/Soraka lane, which should otherwise be very safe.

1kAIi.jpg

Just noticed that this thread is almost at 20,000 posts.

Sona is really powerful in Dominion, I have no idea why.

Also, that Chinese LoL animation was funny, dunno how they messed up Xin, though. He looked weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom