• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazzy Network said:
Just played a ranked game where our team went 27-3 I think. Biggest massacre in ranked I've ever in on the winning side of.

Had a game go something like 50-2. It was over really fast too. They had two guys that were real idiots, the rest of the team would run in and try and save them and die too. Think Leeroy Jenkins.

caromelo

thestopsign said:
Had a game go something like 50-2. It was over really fast too. They had two guys that were real idiots, the rest of the team would run in and try and save them and die too. Think Leeroy Jenkins.
At that point, who would bother to go save fools like that. Usually I'd protect my KDA If I'm apart of a losing one sided affair.

phinious

Just got this game on saturday after playing the dota mod for SC2 for awhile. Never played a dota game before. I cant get enough of it. So much fun. Just got ashe and im doing well with her so far.

Volodja

I've played Amumu for a couple of games now that he is in the free rotation.
Those were my 3rd and 4th matches so my understanding of the game is very limited but while I wasn't doing so good in the beginning (pretty badly even) near the late mid section of the match I just started annihilating everything that was coming around me. The team fights were just brutal, go in the middle of the enemy team using the bandage and activating Despair, Curse and then spam Tantrum, coupled with 2/3 Sunfire capes it was a sight to behold.
I died a lot of times in the first phases because I kept on being Ensnared by a Ryze but it was really fun.

y2dvd

Does her ult cone work like Ashe's arrow in which say 2 chars are lined up one behind the other facing the cone and only the front man eats the damage?

Funny thing is after Ez's nerf, I'm actually seeing him get banned a lot more in ranked games. :\ Went 14/0 with him on my last normal game though. Got Occult and stacked to lvl 20.

Still dunno what damage items to choose from. Should I get Black Cleaver or Madred? Stark's Fevor or Bloodthirsters? So on and so on. What items should I avoid completely? So many options!

Leezard

y2dvd said:
Does her ult cone work like Ashe's arrow in which say 2 chars are lined up one behind the other facing the cone and only the front man eats the damage?

Funny thing is after Ez's nerf, I'm actually seeing him get banned a lot more in ranked games. :\ Went 14/0 with him on my last normal game though. Got Occult and stacked to lvl 20.

Still dunno what damage items to choose from. Should I get Black Cleaver or Madred? Stark's Fevor or Bloodthirsters? So on and so on. What items should I avoid completely? So many options!
I usually go for Sapphire Crystal->Sheen+Boots of Swiftness+Brutalizer+Occult+Bloodthirster.
It's effective most games.

Steaks

Leezard said:
I usually go for Sapphire Crystal->Sheen+Boots of Swiftness+Brutalizer+Occult+Bloodthirster.
It's effective most games.
This is a pretty solid EZ build. Flat damage is 99% of what you want. Brutalizer is really sick on him. Though you should probably get Merc Treads. Like seriously.

The only time you should ever NOT build Merc Treads is if the enemy team is giving you a good reason not to. Or you're like, Jax/Kayle or something.

Leezard

kensk said:
This is a pretty solid EZ build. Flat damage is 99% of what you want. Brutalizer is really sick on him. Though you should probably get Merc Treads. Like seriously.

The only time you should ever NOT build Merc Treads is if the enemy team is giving you a good reason not to. Or you're like, Jax/Kayle or something.

Sometimes I feel like I should get Merc, but I mostly don't as I always stay outside the main combat.
I feel that having a high movespeed is more important than having the mercs. Coupled with utilities masteries I can stay in my preferred range pretty much all the time. I do use cleanse/ghost as summoner spells though, for the times somebody does get me with a disable. I don't know how effective it is in high-elo (I'm about 1500), but it works perfectly with my play style.

undu

I'm really liking Annie, I'm having some difficulties at the begginning of the matches but if the team is decent it goes smooth afterwards.

On my last match the other team surrendered because they couldn't stand the slaughtering. :lol

http://i.imgur.com/s337f.png

Meteorain

Damn the US servers being down. As an EU person, having to wait until 8pm is so lame. " more hours :(

Damnit I want my points to buy Shaco!

Alex

Miss Fortune seems like an inbetween of Trist and Kogmaw to me.

Are there full patch notes up anywhere?

VaLiancY

Alex said:
Miss Fortune seems like an inbetween of Trist and Kogmaw to me.

Are there full patch notes up anywhere?

League of Legends and PVP.net will be updated during scheduled maintenance on September 8th from 1AM to 12PM PDT.

New Skins in the Store

Cowgirl Miss Fortune
Waterloo Miss Fortune
Veigar Greybeard
Shurima Desert Zilean
Commando Garen

PVP.net v1.18.13
You can now request a trade with other players at the end of Draft Mode
Updated the integrated Adobe Air runtime to version 2.0
Added new bundle images to the Store

League of Legends v1.0.0.100
Miss Fortune - The Bounty Hunter
Strut (passive): Miss Fortune’s movement speed increases the longer she doesn’t get attacked.
Double Up: Fires a bullet at an enemy, damaging them and bouncing to another enemy behind them, dealing even more damage.
Impure Shots: Miss Fortune passively deals increased damage to an enemy the more times she attacks them. Can be activated to give increased attack speed and lower healing received by targets that she attacks.
Make It Rain: A flurry of bullets is fired into the air which soon land at a target location, dealing damage and slowing enemies inside of it over a few seconds.
Bullet Time (ultimate): Miss Fortune hysterically unleashes a massive barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her, channeling for a few seconds and causing large amounts of damage to enemies.

Akali
Fixed a display error with Twin Disciplines and death recap
Shadow Dance can no longer be cast while rooted

Alistar
Headbutt can no longer be cast while rooted
Unbreakable Will tooltip corrected to state that it removes all crowd control but not all debuffs
Pulverize tooltip corrected to not imply that enemies do not take damage until they land.
Base attack speed and attack speed per level increased to be approximately at the level of Rammus

Amumu
Bandage Toss can no longer be cast while rooted.
Curse of the Sad Mummy corrected to state that enemies are rooted and cannot attack or move
Cursed Touch Magic Resistance reduction reduced to 15/25/35 from 20/30/40

Annie
Corrected the buff tooltip on Molten Shield so it correctly states that all attackers receive magic damage

Cho'Gath
Fixed a display error with Vorpal Spikes and death recap
Feral Scream silence duration reduced to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds from 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds
Feral Scream cooldown reduced to 13 seconds from 16 seconds

Corki
Attack range increased to 550 from 500
Valkyre can no longer be cast while rooted
Missile Barrage reload time reduced to 10 from 14
Attack speed per evel increased to 2.3 from 1.86

Dr. Mundo
Infected Cleaver cost changed to 50/60/70/80/90 from 30/50/70/90/110
Dr. Mundo is now healed for half of the ability cost when Infected cleaver strikes a target
Burning Agony cost reduced to 20/25/30/35/40 from 20/27.5/35/42.5/50
Masochism cost changed to 25/35/45/55/65 from 15/30/45/60/75
Sadism now returns 40/55/70 percent of Mundo's health instead of 50/50/50

Ezreal
Base damage reduced to 45 from 47.6
Damage per level reduced to 2.6 from 3
Attack Speed per level reduced to 2.8 from 3.22
Arcane Shift can no longer be cast while rooted
Mystic Shot damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/65/90/115/140
Essence Flux mana cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 80/90/100/110/120

Gangplank
Fixed a display error with Grog Soaked Blade and death recap
Fixed a bug where Gangplank's passive would be replaced with the Grog Soaked Blade debuff text when struck by another Gangplank

Garen
Courage maximum armor/magic resistance reduced to 5/10/15/20/25 from 7/14/21/28/35

Gragas
Fixed a display error with the tooltip on Barrel Roll's self buff
Body Slam can no longer be cast while rooted

Heimerdinger
UPGRADE!!! tooltip updated to correctly state that the slow is actually 20/25/30 not 25/30/35

Kassadin
Nether Blade's level up tooltip now correctly states the increased mana cost
Riftwalk can no longer be cast while rooted

Katarina
Shunpo can no longer be cast while rooted

Karthus
Wall of Pain's level up tooltip now correctly states the increased slow amount

Kayle
Reckoning's debuff and death recap tooltips have been corrected

Kog'Maw
Living Artillery's buff on Kog'Maw now correctly states that the increased cost per stack is 40

Malphite
Unstoppable Force can no longer be cast while rooted

Malzahar
Call of the Void cooldown reduced to 9 seconds from 10 seconds
Null Zone mana cost reduced to 80/95/110/125/140 from 90/105/120/135/150
Null Zone no longer places a blank buff on Malzahar
Malzahar's Voidlings will now attack the target affected by Malzahar's most recently cast Malefic Visions
Nether Grasp now suppresses summoner spells in addition to stunning the target
Nether Grasp range increased to 750 from 650

Master Yi
Wuju Style tooltip simplified
Alpha Strike can no longer be cast while rooted

Nasus
Fury of the Sands buff on Nasus no longer incorrectly states that it grants increased attack speed

Nidalee
Pounce can no longer be cast while rooted
Cougar form's tooltip now correctly mentions the 10% bonus dodge chance Nidalee gains in Cougar Form
Corrected a display error with Takedown and death recap

Pantheon
Corrected a display error with Pantheon's auto attack and death recap.
Aegis of Zeonia can no longer be cast while rooted
Grand Skyfall can no longer be cast while rooted

Poppy
Heroic Charge can no longer be cast while rooted

Shaco
Deceive can no longer be cast while rooted

Shen
Shadow Dash can no longer be cast while rooted
Stand United can no longer be cast while rooted

Sivir
Typos corrected in the level up tooltips for Spell Shield and Boomerang Blade.

Soraka
Starcall debuff now correctly states that it can stack up to 20 times

Taric
Imbue base heal reduced to 80/120/160/200/240 from 100/145/190/235/280
Imbue ability power ratio increased to 1.1 from 0.9

Tristana
Rocket Jump debuff now correctly states the slow amount
Rocket Jump can no longer be cast while rooted

Tryndamere
Spinning Slash can no longer be cast while rooted

Twitch
Spray and Pray buff no longer incorrectly states that he does reduced damage during Spray and Pray

Twisted Fate
Gate can no longer be cast while rooted; Destiny can still be cast while rooted.

Veigar
Fixed a typo in Event Horizon's tooltip

Vladimir
Hemoplague's debuff will now grant assists even if it does not deal damage to the target

Warwick
Blood Scent is now a toggle
Infinite Duress can no longer be cast while rooted

Xin Zhao
Audacious Charge can no longer be cast while rooted

Summoner Spells
Flash can no longer be cast while rooted
Teleport can no longer be cast while rooted

Items
Sheen, Lich Bane and Trinity Force's "reservoir" system has been removed. These items will now strictly respect the cooldown time between procs. The cooldown has been reduced to 2 second delays between procs from 3 seconds.
Spirit Visage redesigned
Comprised of Null-Magic Mantle, Ruby Crystal, and 375 recipe cost.
+30 Magic Resist
+200 Health
UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 12% and increases your healing and regeneration effects on yourself by 20%.
Tear of the Goddess
New Recipe: Meki Pendant + Mana Crystal + 205G.
Now gives 350 Mana and 7 Mana Regen per 5
New Item: Manamune
Recipe consists of Tear of the Goddess + Long Sword + 500 recipe cost.
+ 350 Mana
+ 7 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
+ 20 Attack Damage
UNIQUE Passive: 2% of your maximum mana is converted to attack damage.
UNIQUE Passive: Whenever your champion attacks, they gain 1 max mana (2 second cooldown.) Whenever your champion uses an ability, they gain 4 max mana (3 second cooldown.) Bonus mana caps at 1000.
Randuin's Omen tooltip updated to state the correct slow amount
Guardian Angel now revives Champions at 750 health and 375 mana instead of 40% health and mana
Regrowth Pendant cost reduced to 435 from 450
Philosopher's Stone has a new recipe: Faerie Charm + Regrowth Pendant + 185 recipe cost.

General
Abilities with movement or teleport based components now cannot be cast while rooted.
Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser, Infinite Duress and Nether Grasp now properly suppress and stun their targets.
Suppression prevents summoner spells from being cast, and makes the ability immune to duration reduction effects such as that granted by Mercury's Treads.
Towers currently attacking a champion will no longer respond to further calls for help from other champions.
Improved many of the "playing as" and "playing against" tips that display in death recap.
Updated the splash logo that appears upon loading into the game client to match the new League of Legends logo
Fixed a bug that caused purple cannon minions to deal and receive normal damage from towers.
Fixed a bug that caused super minions to receive normal damage from towers.

Sound
Urgot
Added a second taunt

Rammus
Fixed a bug causing the Powerball sound to continue after Rammus hit his target
Fixed timing issues with basic attacks

Vladimir
Tweaked volume level of skill sounds

Xin Zhao
Tweaked volume level of skill sounds

That new item on Taric is going to be godlike.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Legato.Reborn- said:
lol, no more blinking for rooted people, can you say S+ tier for amumu?
Cleanse is now a must have regardless.

Not to mention any class that relies on a root just got a massive buff.

Leezard

shintoki said:
Cleanse is now a must have regardless.

Not to mention any class that relies on a root just got a massive buff.
That would be Ryze, Amumu and Morgana. Two of them hardly need a buff.

Just found out about this thread now.

Only started playing about a month ago. So far I've learned kayle, zilean, amumu, and want to start kog man.

If you want to play some games with me add earthstrike.

Meteorain

Hell yea, just made an awesome comeback in a 4v5 match (we were the 4! :p)

Trynd was raping us, but then I got Thornmail and started to turn this shit around! Props to the Amumu who was a badass mofo aswell.

5x0ux3.jpg

Meteorain

Yea, I was able to get in about 2 hours ago. Just kept pressing f5 till it went from Busy to Online :p

Still cannot connect to the chat server to see friends list.

I just saw the Veigar Greybeard skin. It looks goddamn awesome.

Meteorain

That's being a bit unfair.

I've played this for about 2 weeks now and this is the first server issue I've come across really.

Edit: Wow 7 IP away from unlocking Shaco....that cuts deep :(

Mairu

Meteorain said:
That's being a bit unfair.

I've played this for about 2 weeks now and this is the first server issue I've come across really.

Edit: Wow 7 IP away from unlocking Shaco....that cuts deep :(
do you play once a week?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Meteorain said:
Member of GAF? Yea been so for a while!

Where you been? I had a HoN playing spree a few months back, didn't see you at all!
I was playing LoL!

And now I'm waiting for new stuff to come out.

Meteorain

Mairu said:
do you play once a week?

Everyday for many hours on end.

Man just played as Shaco. I was horrible. I think I singlehandedly lost us the game. Going from Nasus to him is so different. I just cannot take even remotely the same amount of damage!

Meteorain said:
Everyday for many hours on end.

Man just played as Shaco. I was horrible. I think I singlehandedly lost us the game. Going from Nasus to him is so different. I just cannot take even remotely the same amount of damage!

Assassin/Tank.

:D

Alex

Nothing in the last ten years of gaming gets me as worked up as some of the teams you get in random games.

And it's like every other time for me, Christ.

Me and this Garen just wrecked the bottom lane, like 5 kills in the first 10 minutes, no real issues. Top and middle fail, feed non-stop, top somehow loses both towers almost instantly, it bleeds into our lane, team fights go nowhere, early loss.

Someone from top remarks "GG we all fail" as it ends

You... you just want to choke someone. I really need to stop doing random games but I don't want to play it seriously enough to have a team depend on me with my schedule.

Alex said:
Nothing in the last ten years of gaming gets me as worked up as some of the teams you get in random games.

Me and this Garen just wrecked the bottom lane, like 5 kills in the first 10 minutes, no real issues. Top and middle fail, feed non-stop, top somehow loses both towers almost instantly, it bleeds into our lane, team fights go nowhere, early loss.

You... you just want to choke someone. I really need to stop doing random games but I don't want to play it seriously enough to have a team depend on me with my schedule.

Yep... I know exactly what you mean.

It's something inherent in MOBA games.

IcedTea

Alex said:

I know exactly how you feel. I played a game earlier today with my friend. He was Fiddles and I was Alistar. We were laning against Mundo and Morg. By around the time when the teamfighting starts, me and my friend were a combined 8-1-8, while the rest of our team (Miss Fortune, Kass, and Malzahar) combined for 0-10-0 or something. Long story short, I end the game with assists on around 80% of our team's kills, and my friend manages to go 8-2-8 with his fiddle while our Kass went 0-11-2. So when the traditional "blame someone for losing us the game" part of the game rolls around, everyone starts bitching at my friend who had about as many kills as the rest of them had combined while having 2 deaths to their 25ish.

y2dvd

I was lucky last night. Played about 4 games and had pretty decent, random teammates. Won all matches.

Even with Ez's nerf, he's still good, but you definitely notice the dmg reduction. I tried the new item on AD Ez and it just does not give enough dmg output. Maybe it'll synergize with AP Ez well though.

The new item seems great on the Kayles I played with/against. She was hitting like a truck. I see it being really good for Kass too.

Everyone playing Miss Fortune was doing well. She's able to farm really well with Make it Rain and it slows fools! Ult is a pretty big cone. A teammate dominating her described her as a ranged Xin.

caromelo

That's rad, you can tell that the better models will benefit the female characters most. Or at least that's my presumption.

VaLiancY

The new champion after Miss Fortune looks like Nu-12 from BlazBlue.

Her name is Irellia and she doesn't look like a whore like Miss Fortune and every other female(except Annie, Anivia and Poppy, my <3s).

VaLiancY said:
The new champion after Miss Fortune looks like Nu-12 from BlazBlue.

Her name is Irellia and she doesn't look like a whore like Miss Fortune and every other female(except Annie, Anivia and Poppy, my <3s).

Sivir doesn't look like a whore. Neither does Kayle.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not so keen in the graphics change. One of the things that sets LoL apart from HoN is its "cartoony" art style. The plain textures make it easier to differentiate units and spell abilities, whereas HoN can get really messy with a bunch of shiny spell effects going off at once.

I hope they'll give you an option to disable it at the least.

VaLiancY

Halycon said:
I'm not so keen in the graphics change. One of the things that sets LoL apart from HoN is its "cartoony" art style. The plain textures make it easier to differentiate units and spell abilities, whereas HoN can get really messy with a bunch of shiny spell effects going off at once.

I hope they'll give you an option to disable it at the least.

I feel the same, Morde looks like he bathed in KY jelly and placed in an Unreal 3 Engine. I like the designs for the maps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom