• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's probably the best range dpser already. The only one that even comes close is Ezreal and he just got the nerf bat like 3 patches in a row. Not sure how she can't be considered OP right now."

No escape mechanism.

Hey meteo, just sent you a friend request if you're interested in some games.

Edit: You can also interrupt miss fortune's alt in teamfights. She's only "OP" if you have a team that can't target squishies in a teamfight.

Alex

Kogmaw > whatever carry you prefer. If only I could play him worth a shit.

Miss Fortune is a solid, middle of the road carry with an ult that punishes unaware, iffy teams. She's good, but she's not great. I don't regret spending the points on her but I actually still like playing Tristana more.

I'd rather they had kept MF out of the AoE metagame, especially as a squishy. Gave her a better AoE slow and an escape and a non-AoE type of ult.

Teknopathetic said:
"She's probably the best range dpser already. The only one that even comes close is Ezreal and he just got the nerf bat like 3 patches in a row. Not sure how she can't be considered OP right now."

No escape mechanism.

She really doesn't need to. You stick her in mid, let her farm up the ass and she will kill so much. You can't harass her at all to stop her from last hitting.

bluemax

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

No escape mechanism.

Her ridiculous speed?

I don't think she's OP from what I've seen, but when played smartly and in combo with like Galio or Amumu she's amazing.

I think a big issue is that most people clump up too much and so AOE spam comes across as over powered. If you watch the WCG finals you'll see that a smart team with mostly single target characters can beat an AOE heavy team by utilizing positioning.

"Her ridiculous speed?"

That keeps her out of trouble, it doesn't actually get her out of trouble if the shit hits the fan. For example, her passive is worthless if someone with a sunfire cape is chasing her because the aura will prevent her passive.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I decided to buy Miss Fortune. Heh. 4th Hero I own. I was thinking Kog or Esz, but said what the hell. :lol

Anyways, Anumu is my next purchase. Just 10 points shy. I absolutely love tanking as him.

y2dvd

Map awareness has to be reemphasized. Bought some wards and put one near baron. The entire enemy team was on it. They had it down to pixel life, but I last hit baron with Ez's ult from a distance for the steal. I bet they were pissed lol. Went 16-1 that game.:D

Meteorain

Teknopathetic said:
"He wanted to try it out! He was in our skype convo, can't exactly just say "no". Good news is, he won't be playing it anymore >_<"

Well, that's not a problem, but somebody should've babysat him and coached him on the details of the game while laning instead of forcing him to solo.

We actually tried, but he wouldn't listen. He just said he wanted to do his own thing. Redundant arguing with someone who's already made up their mind.

Earthstrike said:
Hey meteo, just sent you a friend request if you're interested in some games.

Alright, I'll accept it when I log on.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If ya'll wanna get in touch with me it is far easier to use Steam (username: archie4208) and arrange a game. My LoL name is ScumbagBlues and I'd be happy to play, assuming I'm not busy with something else. :)

VaLiancY

Free champs this week.

Alistar Tank
Corki Ranged DPS
Fiddlesticks Mage
Gangplank Melee DPS
Heimerdinger Support
Janna Mage
Morgana Support
Sivir Ranged DPS
Gragas Tank
Olaf Melee DPS

Macattk15

VaLiancY said:
Free champs this week.

Alistar Tank
Corki Ranged DPS
Fiddlesticks Mage
Gangplank Melee DPS
Heimerdinger Support
Janna Mage
Morgana Support
Sivir Ranged DPS
Gragas Tank
Olaf Melee DPS

Awesome. Probably the least annoying free week I've seen (no teemo, no twitch, no shen ... blah blah).

Unfortunately I own almost every one of those champs :( Minus Janna, guess I'll give her a go.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
First game as Bayonetta... Love it.

3 of you are retreating to there freshly respawned guys. You keep dropping the bullet slow, till you get to the top corner. Thanks to strut, I turn the corner before they could see, dropped another slow, hit bullet time. Those freshly re spawned guys aren't fresh anymore :lol

Alex

Gangplank is just hard to put into a premade team, hes kind of funny for pub stomping though if you know what you're doing. The unaware love to bitch about Parrley crits.

I've been mostly doing 3v3 lately, helps my current queuing type.

We tried filling up the rest of our (just normal) 5v5 queue with a couple randoms last night. This one guy was amazing. Not in terms of skill, he was the worst ever there, but we were on vent and EVERYTHING shocked and confused him, and brother he would let you know it. He especially went into a FIT over Pantheons ultimate, apparently having never seen it and had no idea what it did (he was level 25, by the by). Fun times for all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only a fool tank would chase a fiddlesticks. I love fiddle sticks

Run, fear, run, fear, run.....fear-drain, run, fear-drain. :lol

Played my first game as Gangplank and had a lot of fun. I tried something one of my teammates said. He told me to build Tiamat and sure enough Parley crits work through Tiamat. :D Was doing mad damage to both creep and everyone surrounding the person I hit. Twas quite funny.

VaLiancY

>Power Chord (passive): After 3 spell casts, Sona's next attack will deal 80 + 20 x lvl magic damage, and reduce the damage the target deals by 30% for 3 seconds. Additionally, Sona's Auras persist for 3 seconds after deactivating.

>Aria of Perseverance - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Aria of Perseverance, increasing nearby allied champions Armor and Magic Resist by 8/12/16/20/24. Active: Sona sends out healing melodies, healing Sona and the most wounded nearby allied champion by 50/75/100/125/150(+0.6).

>Hymn of Valor - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Hymn of Valor, increasing nearby allied champions Damage and Ability Power by 8/12/16/20/24. Active: Sona fires bolts of sound, dealing 70/120/170/220/270(+0.6) magic damage to the nearest two enemies (prioritizes champions).

>Song of Discord - Passive Aura: Sona plays the Song of Discord, granting nearby allied champions 14/18/22/26/30 bonus Movement Speed. Active: Sona energizes nearby allies, granting them 14/18/22/26/30% Movement Speed for 1.5 seconds.

>Crescendo - Sona plays her ultimate chord, forcing enemy champions in a line in front of her to dance, taking 150/250/350(+0.7) magic damage over 2.5 seconds.

Added numbers and AP ratios from ptr data.
Cooldown on her normal abilities is 7 sec at all ranks with a shared cooldown of 1 second.

y2dvd

Sounds like a bannable character to me. Then again, I hate all heal characters! Seriously though, she sounds like a great support char already.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jazzy Network said:
Enough with the new heroes already. Need to focus on fixing the servers. These heroes come out way too fast.
Heroes make money, server fixes cost money!

IcedTea

Jazzy Network said:
Enough with the new heroes already. Need to focus on fixing the servers. These heroes come out way too fast.
Yeah, stupid game developers developing the game. They should just fire all their server techs and have the game devs work on the servers!

You shouldn't bother with this game actually. The last 5 days I have not been able to get on during normal hours because of server outage (busy actually). A big clusterf**k.

VaLiancY

GG Metro. I'm not going lie, I was scared of Kog'maw getting fed and they did have two awesome tank ults. But Gangplank crits save the day.:lol

Edit - For the shit Gangplank gets. Remove Scurvy is awesome.

HeartAttackJones said:
Champion development has nothing to do with server stability.
You don't think I know that? They're just allocating their resources in the wrong areas. When champions are pumped out once every month, there is something seriously wrong with what is being done. I mean they put season 1 out without relays or spectator mode. Like seriously? I can't even begin to rant about how messed up that is. All they really added was a new interface and the ability to ban heroes and it took them like what 4 months just to do that? ELO was always there you just couldn't't see it. They honestly have no idea how to make their game better other than pump out need heroes. No wonder the game isnt very popular vs Dota or even Hon.

Tideas

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
You don't think I know that? They're just allocating their resources in the wrong areas. When champions are pumped out once every month, there is something seriously wrong with what is being done. I mean they put season 1 out without relays or spectator mode. Like seriously? I can't even begin to rant about how messed up that is. All they really added was a new interface and the ability to ban heroes and it took them like what 4 months just to do that? ELO was always there you just couldn't't see it. They honestly have no idea how to make their game better other than pump out need heroes. No wonder the game isnt very popular vs Dota or even Hon.

gonna say this game is way more popular than HON

Alex

While I'd like to see obvious things things like replays, etc, I'd also like to see LoL keep it's designs and userbase as clean from HoN as humanly possible. Not even the old DOTA hardcores I know will touch that thing.

Also, I'd just like to say that calling games like LoL casual really feels like we've reached the realm of flat out fucking retarded with that ol' adjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom