• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazzy Network said:
2mo8k7m.jpg

My first perfect game in ranked. Or ever for that matter. Low ELO, but still.

That's an interesting item choice by Dr. Mundo

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
PedroLumpy said:
That's an interesting item choice by Dr. Mundo
One can not stop the Mundo train.

I love having a great game as Miss Fortune. Got a terrible team followed by a great one. I think this defined the game. They are chasing out tank. I get in the path they are running slightly to the side, Bring the Rain followed by Bullet time and there goes their MF. Minus about a half the HP of the other DPS. Suddenly the chasers are now being chased by a tank and MF. :lol Might I add, I started 0 4 0 :lol

Alex

When we're about to win/lose a game, a friend of mine quickly sells all his items and buys ridiculously silly things, theres a 75% chance someone will fall for it in the chat at the end in a public game.

Last time, he sold all his items, bought six pairs of boots of speed.

Commented in chat at the end "Well, that's the last time I take advice from the LoL forums" and legitimate flaming and arguments began. I love the internet.

y2dvd

Ha! I'mma have to do what Mundo's did in a winning game. :lol

I hate laning vs MF with a passion. She can zone so well. What I like to do with Amumu is simply wait for her to ult, then bust mines out and shut down her ult. So satisfying! :D

My Ez has been doing so-so lately but Ashe and Amumu has been on a tear lately.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
y2dvd said:
Ha! I'mma have to do what Mundo's did in a winning game. :lol

I hate laning vs MF with a passion. She can zone so well. What I like to do with Amumu is simply wait for her to ult, then bust mines out and shut down her ult. So satisfying! :D

My Ez has been doing so-so lately but Ashe and Amumu has been on a tear lately.
You can spam your hammer throw pretty easily, just keep taking pop shots at her. MF is fragile, zero escape and shit for defense. More so if your partner has some sort of range grab or stun too.

Stridone

Banned
So I just played my first 2 games and sucked. How did you guys get good at this game? With strategy games, it's usually not just practice.

Rayven

aka surume
Stridone said:
So I just played my first 2 games and sucked. How did you guys get good at this game? With strategy games, it's usually not just practice.
In this case it is mostly knowing what champions and items are capable of and what you should be doing at different phases of the match.

Watching matches on youtube or reading up on sites like leaguecraft will help.

VaLiancY

I think I'm going to start playing ranked. All it takes an Amumu ult and a team fight is over.

Fucking AoE metagame - I hate it.

dionysus

Yaldog
Laning mid against Karthus is a fucking pain, at least as morgana. Dude seems to be able to just spam his bomb spell or whatever it is. And lay waste must do physical damage or something because Morgana shield didn't appear to work on it.

I've yet to lose a game as Sona in non-ranked. She seems pretty powerful against teams that aren't coordinating well.

Alex

I've lost a couple as Sona, my losses usually come from folks early game feeding NON-STOP or people afraid to fight.

Last game only me and the tank would participate in team fights, one guy refused to do anything but solo around and t he other two were afraid. We'd lay up these amazing scenarios too just for the DPS to summon courage and rush into battle after all of the cc ends :lol

dionysus said:
Laning mid against Karthus is a fucking pain, at least as morgana. Dude seems to be able to just spam his bomb spell or whatever it is. And lay waste must do physical damage or something because Morgana shield didn't appear to work on it.

I've yet to lose a game as Sona in non-ranked. She seems pretty powerful against teams that aren't coordinating well.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

you are doing it wrong then, morgana is a hard counter to casters.

Macattk15

dionysus said:

I laned mid against Morgana yesterday. She didn't so much wreck me or anything, but she was able to clear creep waves faster than I was .... though I do wait to use Lay Waste to actually get the killing blow on them for gold rather than spam away to weaken the mobs.

Karthus is quite fun. I was ending games @ 700+ ap and I didn't even have Mejai's .... thanks to Rod of Ages and Archangel's Staff mainly.

Love the Grim Reaper skin also.

VaLiancY

dionysus said:

Remember, his bomb do double damage to single targets so you maybe out doing the damage of the shield.

Macattk15

VaLiancY said:
Remember, his bomb do double damage to single targets so you maybe out doing the damage of the shield.

Doesn't her shield just completely make her immune to any spells for whatever duration. It doesn't just absorb ... I think.

Edit : NVM, you are correct, it does absorb some damage.

VaLiancY

Macattk15 said:
Doesn't her shield just completely make her immune to any spells for whatever duration. It doesn't just absorb ... I think.

Edit : NVM, you are correct, it does absorb some damage.

:lol Morg would be utter dumb if it was like that. She's crazy already.

Holy shit had one of the biggest lulz moments ever. Was playing Annie in a ranked. Killed a tower diving Kassadin. I survived with almost no health and decide to port back to base near my tower. All of a sudden Blitz comes and I'm like oh shit. Proceeds to try to rocket grab me, but luckily I had my Tibbers right in front of me and he grabbed the bear. I didn't intend Tibbers to be there no was I expecting Blitz. After he grabbed my Tibbers he proceeded to run away in shame.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
VaLiancY said:
It would have been more shameful if Tibbers' AoE killed him.
Tibbers is a beast early on. Run the fuck away!

I love being the carry some times. When 3 tank classes are running away from a Miss Fortune. You know you are doing awesome.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Alex said:
I hate Morgana. A really good Morgana player is just hell. I've seen some crazy shit out of her.
yep, she's my favourite character to play. all her abilities are solid. i cried bitter tears when her shield was nerfed though.

bluemax

Banned
VaLiancY said:
I think I'm going to start playing ranked. All it takes an Amumu ult and a team fight is over.

Fucking AoE metagame - I hate it.

Haha if only, although I did have a good win rate with him for awhile.

He's also pretty heavily banned nowadays.

caromelo

This game...eurghhhhhhhh.

Seriously, I've worked myself up to a respectable ELO only to be dragged back to ELO hell due to afkers, feeders, and people acting like childs. I've had 20 game win gap in comparison to my losses and that's been widdled down to difference of 3 losses now.

Last game loss due to our team having no synergy with my amumu pick. Out of all the heroes (including Morgana) still on the board, our last pick decides to go with Jax. We had no range characters that game.=/

Dexa

Banned
eu servers down :(

any suggestions for a first champ? i like annie so far - but no idea if i should spend points for her.

Yes. CLG won both game 2 and game 3 to win the championship. They banned TF in every subsequent game which seemed to sort of ruin SK's strategy. CLG completely dominated games 2 and 3 in a very one sided fashion (like, only losing one or two towers, mostly due to creep waves gradually pecking away at them).

Steaks

Jazzy Network said:
Makes sense since her 3 most important skills really arent there to deal dmg.
Her ult scales really well and Black Shield scales though.

I mean, not like it really matters, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom