• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeto

NeoCross said:
Does the konami code not work anymore after this patch? I keep trying it and I still can't get in :( Fuck /rage
There's another way to do it though:

Make a backup of html\js\main.js

Open main.js and place the following text on a line at the bottom by itself, then save it: setServerStatus(1);

Open the patcher and press F5 to enable the PLAY button

Macattk15

Well ... last night I played 4 games as Swain. I went 0-9-6 once and 13-1-5 another time .... I guess it just heavily depends on your team / non-noob luckiness.

He does have the ability to kill people.

I melted an Ezreal once. Was hiding in some bushes, saw him coming, casted my root in the bush and ezreal walked in ..... Torment, Deathfire Grasp, Lazer Bird, Crow Form ..... never seen someones full HP bar drop so quickly, he was literally full to dead in 2 seconds ... not even enough time for the Sona who was with him to react. I started to fight her after Ezreal and forced her to run back to base.

Odrion

Banned
Swain kinda sucks right now, he was pretty fair in PTR but then they nerfed him and made his E dull as all heck. The Champion Spotlight is actually outdated, and DFG isn't increased by it.

He's the new Malz, basically.

Macattk15

Odrion said:
Swain kinda sucks right now, he was pretty fair in PTR but then they nerfed him and made his E dull as all heck. The Champion Spotlight is actually outdated, and DFG isn't increased by it.

He's the new Malz, basically.

His Torment at max rank adds 20% to all of your damage. So wouldn't that technically increase your DFG damage by 20%. Like I said, I melted an Ezreal yesterday.

Odrion

Banned
Sorry, DFG gets no benefits from Swain's E. That huge chunk of health was probably from him being a squishy with no MR.

His E only affects HIS attacks and spells, it doesn't benefit any "attacks" from items.

dionysus

Yaldog
His q,w, and e combined are pretty weak. He doesn't have much damage output. I was hoping to get a z ring on him to combo with his R, but the game didn't last long enough.

Macattk15

Yeah. Guess I'm done playing Swain. While I can do well with him, it just seems so many others can perform all facets of his job better than he can.

Damn Galio is mad pimp. I'm 4-1 with him. Only lost cause an idiot was a feeder/troll who afked half the time. Don't get many kills, but his ult just wins games.

y2dvd

Does Galio's ult dmg depends on how long he has you in it? You can stun him curing it and it'll still go off for dmg I think but is it the same dmg as if he were to keep you in his ult for the full duration?

Tried Rammus for a few games and I'm just not feeling him. Went back to Cho and have been doing extremely well with him. Silencing AOE ult's in team fights feels so good. :D

"Does Galio's ult dmg depends on how long he has you in it? You can stun him curing it and it'll still go off for dmg I think but is it the same dmg as if he were to keep you in his ult for the full duration?"

Depends on how many hits he takes (up to 8). I believe you used to be able to cancel it entirely with a stun/silence, but they must've changed it at some point (I never really followed because I don't play him).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Prevent spells being cast if he lands his ult perfectly.

And generally a greater presence on the battlefield, early and late game, than Amumu, who has his stun and aoe but not much else aside from his ult. Also a bullshit tank in the late game since he can get damage from MR whereas Amumu has to choose between defense stats or AP.

Haly

Someone's salty.

"BUT ELEMENTZ YOU PUT HIM ON LOW TIER."

"YEAH WELL I GOT PWNED BY ONE SO HE'S CLEARLY HIGH TIER NOW. HOW ELSE COULD I LOSE"

(Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is how Elementz actually thinks, I just like to insult head-up-their-arse gamers, which most high level LoL players seem to be.)

EU has a different metagame so I'm not sure where Elementz is coming from in regards to TF. I guess if everyone played like team EU and build a team around TF then he can be reallt good, but the same goes for any carry.

Eh, tier lists in any game are always subjective to change based on new experiences. When you consider that the LoL community is fairly fragmented (region wise) and that there haven't been many relatively big profile tournaments with global representation and there isn't much in the way of footage from the other regions (or even NA itself) because there aren't replays or spectating, it's not surprising that a strategy someone had never really seen before (that owns them) would drastically change their view.

C. Viper was awfully low tier in SF4 before people learned how to really play her.

"EU has a different metagame so I'm not sure where Elementz is coming from in regards to TF. I guess if everyone played like team EU and build a team around TF then he can be reallt good, but the same goes for any carry."

That's basically what he said really. And it's not like TF is #1 or whatever, he put him where most of the other non-jax/teemo carries are.

Teknopathetic said:
Eh, tier lists in any game are always subjective to change based on new experiences. When you consider that the LoL community is fairly fragmented (region wise) and that there haven't been many relatively big profile tournaments with global representation and there isn't much in the way of footage from the other regions (or even NA itself) because there aren't replays or spectating, it's not surprising that a strategy someone had never really seen before (that owns them) would drastically change their view.

C. Viper was awfully low tier in SF4 before people learned how to really play her.

"EU has a different metagame so I'm not sure where Elementz is coming from in regards to TF. I guess if everyone played like team EU and build a team around TF then he can be reallt good, but the same goes for any carry."

That's basically what he said really. And it's not like TF is #1 or whatever, he put him where most of the other non-jax/teemo carries are.

The Jax buff is coming. Believe.

(ONE DAY, JAX, WE WILL ONCE AGAIN DODGE TOWERS. IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.)

VaLiancY

That tier list is just yuck. He did the same for Anivia. Anivia was Tier 3 and moved her up because he saw her being used good. Most of the top champions revolve around being an AoE shitfest heavy or tanky like Morgana or Garen.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=109533

Tier 1: Galio, Morgana, Amumu, Ashe, Sona, Garen, Warwick, Kog'Maw, Janna, Anivia, Annie, Taric, Shen
Tier 2: Miss Fortune, Tristana, Twitch, Kennen, Kassadin, Twisted Fate, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Vladimir, Ezreal, Olaf, Shaco, Sion, Pantheon
Tier 3: Heimerdinger, Corki, Veigar, Zilean, Poppy, Akali, Rammus, Nasus, Kayle, Nunu, Gragas, Singed, Mordekaiser, Yi, Karthus.
Tier 4: Sivir, Fiddlesticks, Malphite, Soraka, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Nidalee.
Hard to place on a team: Swain, Jax, Katarina, Alistar, Ryze, Urgot, Eve, Teemo, Mal'zahar, Tryndamere, Cho'Gath, Mundo

Haly

If you ever need to check it just do a google search for "Elementz tier"

Haly

Depends on how seriously you take them. They're a good gauge for what's popular in the current metagame, whether you want to learn a generally useful hero or you want to learn some of the less popular heroes, there are uses for tier lists.

It's when people think that high tier automatically wins over low tier that it becomes stupid. Or when people say clueless shit like "BUT YI WITH 6 INIFNITE EDGES IS UNSTOPPABLE, HE SHOULD BE TOP TIER.".

"Depends on how seriously you take them. They're a good gauge for what's popular in the current metagame, whether you want to learn a generally useful hero or you want to learn some of the less popular heroes, there are uses for tier lists.

It's when people think that high tier automatically wins over low tier that it becomes stupid. Or when people say clueless shit like "BUT YI WITH 6 INIFNITE EDGES IS UNSTOPPABLE, HE SHOULD BE TOP TIER."."

Pretty much. Tier lists are also just a general tool for sparking discussion and thought. Of course, that's never how things end up.

The tier list is good to gauge which champs are viable and which are not all things being equal. You can't tell me Malzahar is better than Vladimir if two players with equal skill use them. What is BS is ranking them in order. That is when it gets iffy.

VaLiancY

Teknopathetic said:
It's when people think that high tier automatically wins over low tier that it becomes stupid. Or when people say clueless shit like "BUT YI WITH 6 INIFNITE EDGES IS UNSTOPPABLE, HE SHOULD BE TOP TIER."."

That's what I hate.

So far all the changes have gone like this on the list.

"Shit that's a good Ashe in the tournament." Bumped up a tier.
"Fuck that Anivia rocked me." Bumped up a tier.
"That Galio ult helped us in the finals" Bumped up a tier.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Jazzy Network said:
The tier list is good to gauge which champs are viable and which are not all things being equal. You can't tell me Malzahar is better than Vladimir if two players with equal skill use them. What is BS is ranking them in order. That is when it gets iffy.
... Malzahar can take out Vladimir pretty easily..

VaLiancY

That sucks. Must've deleted them. Anyway some news.

Summoners!

We here at Riot Games are pleased to announce that we have emerged victorious as the Choice Online Audience Award winner. And so, to thank you all for your support, we just wanted to officially announce, that beginning October 9th until Sunday, October 10 at Midnight Pacific Time, all champions will be free-to-play. Additionally, over the course of the next few days, all summoners will be receiving a 4 Win IP boost. All boosts should be distributed by Wednesday the 13th, so if you haven't received yours, yet, don't panic! They're on their way.

But the fight's not over yet! We're still nominated for Online Game of the Year in the Golden Joystick Awards, and we want to keep celebrating. If you'd like to pick up another free champion weekend, along with another boost, you can head over to the Golden Joystick Awards website and select League of Legends as your vote for Online Game of the Year. Here's how to vote:

Point your browser to the Golden Joystick Awards website.
Click on 'vote now' on the top nav of the page.
Select 'Online Game of the Year' from the vote page.
Select League of Legends. It should be the middle title located in the fourth row.
Fill in the required information at the bottom of the page under 'Your Details'.
Click the 'submit' button.

If you'd love to have another free champion weekend, and want to pick up yet another boost, now's the time to show your support for League of Legends. Voting closes on October 25th, so head on over to the Golden Joystick Awards page today!

Source

The Best Online Game Design Award(Xin & Vlad were balanced at launch)
The Best Online Visual Arts Award(Enjoy your massive tits on females)
The Best Online Technology Award( :lol )
The Best New Online Game Award
The Audience Award

bluemax

Banned
Jazzy Network said:

Pretty much. The other thing to remember is that team composition and team play style are important too.

I've played on teams with 4 or 5 top tier heroes that lost to teams with all low tier heroes because their composition was more balanced/coherent.

Another thing is, some times a hero even a top tier one, has a counter pick. If you counter pick properly then it negates any "tier" advantage.

Tiers are good for showing the viability of heroes. Like right now there's no reason to ever pick someone like Jax over another melee champ. There are no real team compositions where his skills really put the team over the top or provide anything another champ doesn't bring to the table.

Haly

The audience award huh?

Oh yes the community is a joy to play with.

Absolute joy.

Not like those Dota hicks in HoN no-sir-rey bob, only good wholesome conversation and discussion in LoL.

Riot should release hero played stats so they can compile an objective (lol objective) tier list based on who gets played and how often and their win/loss ratios.

Seriously Riot, this should be standard, like replays.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
LoL's community is generally more pleasant than HoN's, but both games have their share of dumbfucks. I've been called racial and homosexual slurs in both games so it is kinda moot argue about the communities. :3

I *really* wish LoL would implement a clan system already. HoN is about a zillion times more fun when you are playing with regulars.

Haly

I'm not saying it's on the same level of HoN. Of course they're two different worlds. But it's not a community I'd give any awards to. Which is what I assume "audience" refers to.

caromelo

Archie said:
I *really* wish LoL would implement a clan system already. HoN is about a zillion times more fun when you are playing with regulars.

Here's hoping it is implemented when Season 2 is upon us, which would probably be a while from now.

caromelo said:
Here's hoping it is implemented when Season 2 is upon us, which would probably be a while from now.

They'll proclaim it will come for season 2 like they said for season 1.

We'll get it around season 8-9 probably.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
13 minutes in the game, "God karth, your so fucking bad. It's all your fault we died. You didn't tell us the center was MIA".

30 minutes in the game, " God Karth, you so fucking awesome. You and your perfectly placed gates. And how you and Garen have dominated the other team".

Dropping gates horizontal on a team and hitting all 5 of them. :lol Followed by a 2 man ace, which made them forfeit.

bluemax

Banned
bluemax said:
Pretty much. The other thing to remember is that team composition and team play style are important too.

I've played on teams with 4 or 5 top tier heroes that lost to teams with all low tier heroes because their composition was more balanced/coherent.

Another thing is, some times a hero even a top tier one, has a counter pick. If you counter pick properly then it negates any "tier" advantage.

Tiers are good for showing the viability of heroes. Like right now there's no reason to ever pick someone like Jax over another melee champ. There are no real team compositions where his skills really put the team over the top or provide anything another champ doesn't bring to the table.

The gods of LoL hate me, I saw Jax twice last night. One of them I yelled at him until he queue dodged, the other did not and we lost because our team was Kog Maw, Nunu, Kassadin, Vladimir and Jax.

My friend picked Nunu and then seemed to fuck around all game which hurt us. The Vlad lost mid tower like 6 minutes in which also hurt us.

I carried the shit out of that team too, 16 kills, most of them the other teams Miss Fortune, but we couldn't over come our shitty lack of CC and their two AoE ults (Kennen and Gangplank) plus Sona.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Protip: Never play at 3 AM when you are on the verge of falling asleep. I went 6-5 with Garen last night and generally played like shit.

NeoCross

Sona can carry a team of retards to victory big time. Just got done from this game with urgot and swain bitching and moaning at each other all game, and a dumb ass Nunu to boot. I ended up with 26 assists and basically babysat everyone the entire game :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom