• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionysus

Yaldog
Tankgana only works if you can rely on the rest of your team to be worthwhile. If they don't take advantage of your abilities.... I tried it today, utter fail.

I can handle feeders, I mean, some people just suck and we all have bad games. I can handle quitters, shit comes up sometimes. But the one thing that makes my blood boil is when people try to push lanes once the team battles have begun. So fing stupid. If more than 1 opponent is unaccounted for on the minimap, don't be across the river soloing a lane. You are about to be ganked guaranteed. I had like 10 games in a row where my team would win the 5v5s but then people would push lanes solo so eventually we would lose. I call them half minute heroes, because they feel like a hero killing creeps and soloing towers for all of 30s before the gank squad arrives.

dionysus said:
Tankgana only works if you can rely on the rest of your team to be worthwhile. If they don't take advantage of your abilities.... I tried it today, utter fail.

I can handle feeders, I mean, some people just suck and we all have bad games. I can handle quitters, shit comes up sometimes. But the one thing that makes my blood boil is when people try to push lanes once the team battles have begun. So fing stupid. If more than 1 opponent is unaccounted for on the minimap, don't be across the river soloing a lane. You are about to be ganked guaranteed. I had like 10 games in a row where my team would win the 5v5s but then people would push lanes solo so eventually we would lose. I call them half minute heroes, because they feel like a hero killing creeps and soloing towers for all of 30s before the gank squad arrives.

Yeah but that's true with every other hero as well.

y2dvd

So how was Black Shield nerfed from before? I say it needs another nerf. Maybe block one spell like banshee veils. And good luck getting away from Morgana's ult if she has flash. So dirty!

Been messin around with Xin lately and he doesn't seem OP at all. Guess I should've tried him before his nerf.

dionysus

Yaldog
Had a horrible string of games for two days, but it was all redeemed at 10PM Sunday night where I was in a game, 4 vs. 5, with my team with 4. I got ridiculously fed as Kogmaw and was getting triple kills left and right, dropping tank Shen in 3 seconds.

dionysus said:
Had a horrible string of games for two days, but it was all redeemed at 10PM Sunday night where I was in a game, 4 vs. 5, with my team with 4. I got ridiculously fed as Kogmaw and was getting triple kills left and right, dropping tank Shen in 3 seconds.

kog is ridiculously strong in the current meta

VaLiancY

Macattk15 said:
Didn't notice they nerfed Manamune until mid game last night playing as AD Corky ... so sad I was.

One of the devs said they're reverting the attack damage percentage back to 2% but leaving the gold cost and cooldown the same. I did expect it to get nerfed when it came out but not so much at it's current state.

dionysus

Yaldog
Legato.Reborn- said:
kog is ridiculously strong in the current meta

He is super squishy and has no escape. He is quite easily countered unless he gets fed. If he does poorly in the early game he is worthless.

Macattk15

VaLiancY said:
One of the devs said they're reverting the attack damage percentage back to 2% but leaving the gold cost and cooldown the same. I did expect it to get nerfed when it came out but not so much at it's current state.

Still seems shitty even at 2%.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Didn't Morgana's shield grant magic immunity during beta?

Damn nevermind the Urgot experiment. Don't think it's gonna work haha. Might go with Galio next. Anyone who uses him regularly know how to build him?

Macattk15

Jazzy Network said:
Damn nevermind the Urgot experiment. Don't think it's gonna work haha. Might go with Galio next. Anyone who uses him regularly know how to build him?

Build according to the team you are facing.

Tons of physical DPS ... build armor / AP.
Tons of magical DPS ... build MR / AP.
Mixed .... build mixed things.

dionysus

Yaldog
So I just read:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287
And it says "A: The general rule of thumb is that auto-attacks (where you right-click an enemy) are physical and spells (cast with Q,W,E,R) are magical. However, there are exceptions to this rule. In the case of Ashe's Frost Arrow it still appears to deal physical damage, but the slowing affect is magical. This is why if you have Morgana's Black Shield on (blocks magical damage) you still take damage from the attack, but you do not get slowed. Another notable exception is Gangplank's Parley, which can both be dodged (can only happen with physical attacks) but can also be absorbed by Morgana's Black Shield."

How accurate is this? As a tank even if I am fighting non-spellcasters I still should be putting a ton of MR on? Is MR the direct counter to AP?

I have been gearing my tank on the opposing teams ratio of spell casters to non-spellcasters but this makes me think I should change that strategy, instead gear on item composition of the other team. If they are weighted towards AP I gear more MR and if they are attack speed/phys damage I gear towards armor.

dionysus said:
So I just read:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287
And it says "A: The general rule of thumb is that auto-attacks (where you right-click an enemy) are physical and spells (cast with Q,W,E,R) are magical. However, there are exceptions to this rule. In the case of Ashe's Frost Arrow it still appears to deal physical damage, but the slowing affect is magical. This is why if you have Morgana's Black Shield on (blocks magical damage) you still take damage from the attack, but you do not get slowed. Another notable exception is Gangplank's Parley, which can both be dodged (can only happen with physical attacks) but can also be absorbed by Morgana's Black Shield."

How accurate is this? As a tank even if I am fighting non-spellcasters I still should be putting a ton of MR on? Is MR the direct counter to AP?

I have been gearing my tank on the opposing teams ratio of spell casters to non-spellcasters but this makes me think I should change that strategy, instead gear on item composition of the other team. If they are weighted towards AP I gear more MR and if they are attack speed/phys damage I gear towards armor.

There are alot of abilities that scale with attack instead of magic. Such examples are Kat's BB, MF's Double up, and Urgot's Acid Hunter. You just gotta know who you are up against.

dionysus

Yaldog
Jazzy Network said:
There are alot of abilities that scale with attack instead of magic. Such examples are Kat's BB, MF's Double up, and Urgot's Acid Hunter. You just gotta know who you are up against.

So to clarify, a champ can have an ability that scales with AP but does physical damage?

Yea, I am not learning 40 champions abilities.

There are also abilities that scale with physical damage or only go off on a normal attack but deal only magical damage. It's not really that hard to learn them all. Just learn what abilities are the exceptions (there aren't that many).

VaLiancY

dionysus said:
So to clarify, a champ can have an ability that scales with AP but does physical damage?

Yea, I am not learning 40 champions abilities.

There are abilities that deal magic damage(AP) and scale with physical damage(AD) or the greater of two stats, Katarina and Miss Fortune's ult are like this.

Most of the characters have at least one ability thats the opposite of their archetype, for example Pantheon's stun deals magic damage but his physical burst champion.

shintoki said:
This guy is really just the biggest load of shit.

Karthus is fun.:D

"Shit you had 100 health left - Nope"

Macattk15

shintoki said:
This guy is really just the biggest load of shit.

Dude is fun as fuck, you're crazy! I've gone many a game with him where I've gotten up to around 750 AP WITHOUT a Mejai's ... I'd just wait for a team fight, spam Lay Waste, turn on Defile .... flash into the fight and hit Zhonyas .... things would just melt ... and then clean up with my ult on the runaways when it was hitting for like 1300.

Did that Swain fellow come out today? Or is he next week?

Macattk15 said:
Dude is fun as fuck, you're crazy! I've gone many a game with him where I've gotten up to around 750 AP WITHOUT a Mejai's ... I'd just wait for a team fight, spam Lay Waste, turn on Defile .... flash into the fight and hit Zhonyas .... things would just melt ... and then clean up with my ult on the runaways when it was hitting for like 1300.

Did that Swain fellow come out today? Or is he next week?

Tomorrow.

Macattk15 said:
The new champs are always free the following week they come out. Least that has been the trend.

They're free 2 weeks after they come out.

Played a few games with Galio. He's pretty good. A good tank pick if Amumu is banned. Plus he can farm really well and deal some decent damage while having some support. Very underrated.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm reading the LoL forums (God help us all) and apparently Riot gave a former DotA/HoN pro (Milkfat) a bunch of accommodations including getting his E name and virtually infinite IP and RP. Seems kinda lame imo (or maybe I'm just jealous).

Steaks

Archie said:
I'm reading the LoL forums (God help us all) and apparently Riot gave a former DotA/HoN pro (Milkfat) a bunch of accommodations including getting his E name and virtually infinite IP and RP. Seems kinda lame imo (or maybe I'm just jealous).
They renamed another person and gave Milkfat the name that was already in use.

Here, let me just sum up this entire ordeal with a single image:
http://angryhosting-east.mirror.waf.../e30d66552ddab6a8f24440e81c1f5f6aaf1e565c.png

VaLiancY

PVP.net and League of Legends will be updated during scheduled maintenance on 10/5/2010 from 2AM until 12PM PDT.

New Skins in the Store
  • Bilgewater Swain
  • Northern Front Swain
  • Professor Ryze
  • Tango Evelynn
  • Tango Twisted Fate

PVP.net v1.20.10
  • Improved matchmaking specifically for the Solo Ranked Queue
  • Refactored back end stats processing. This change will temporarily remove the display of matches in your Recent Matches list, however these games will still count towards your lifetime statistics.
  • Fixed a bug where the patcher was not displaying news correctly
  • Fixed a bug where players could use skins that they did not own

League of Legends v1.0.0.102

Swain, the Master Tactician
  • Decrepify - Swain sets his raven to cripple an enemy. Over the next three seconds, the target takes damage over time and is slowed.
  • Nevermove - Swain marks a target area. After a short delay, mighty talons grab hold of enemy units dealing damage and rooting them.
  • Torment - Swain afflicts his target, dealing damage to them over time and causing them to take increased damage from Swain's attacks.
  • Ravenous Flock (Ultimate) - Toggle: Swain transforms into the form of a raven, during this time up to 3 lesser ravens strike out at nearby enemies each second. Swain is healed for half the damage dealt by the Ravens.
  • Carrion Renewal (Passive) - Swain gains increased mana regeneration for 5 seconds upon killing a unit.

Amumu
  • Cursed Touch duration reduced to 4 from 5

Garen
  • Base movement speed reduced to 315 from 320
  • Courage duration modified to 3 at all levels from 2/2.5/3/3.5/4
  • Courage active damage reduction changed to 10/15/20/25/30% from 30% at all levels

Kog'Maw
  • Bio-Arcane Barrage cooldown increased to 17 from 15 at all levels

Sivir
  • Attack range increased to 425 from 400

Vladimir
  • Sanguine Pool
    • Duration reduced to 2 seconds from 2.5
    • Slow duration increased to 1.5 seconds from 1 second
    • Damage per second changed to 20/33.75/47.5/61.25/75 retaining the same overall damage
    • Fixed a bug where Sanguine Pool wasn't dealing enough damage

Items
  • Manamune attack damage conversion increased to 2% from 1.5%

People will still cry about Garen.

dionysus

Yaldog
Nevermove seems like a ridiculously good skill, I guess it depends on range. Could be like Chogaths which isnt that great since its range is so short.

Slight nerf of my new favorite character, Kogmaw, but nothing drastic, hurts in team fights though.

Macattk15

Did they really change Swain's "E" ability right before he released? Because what is live isn't what was in the Champion Spotlight.

edit : without "E" working like it was "supposed" to ... he sucks.

"Did they really change Swain's "E" ability right before he released? Because what is live isn't what was in the Champion Spotlight."

What's his E currently?

Edit: Looking at the patch notes it looks like his E just makes them take more damage instead of making his E do more damage?

Macattk15

Teknopathetic said:
"Did they really change Swain's "E" ability right before he released? Because what is live isn't what was in the Champion Spotlight."

What's his E currently?

Edit: Looking at the patch notes it looks like his E just makes them take more damage instead of making his E do more damage?

Yeah his "E" was supposed to be like the Dota ability "Maledict" ... where you put the DoT on someone, that person then takes damage, the DoT compounds itself on the damage done and does increasingly more .....

In HoN, Voodoo Jester had this ability ... it is called Cursed Ground ...

"Applies Cursed to targets in radius for 12 seconds.
5/10/15/20 Magic damage per second.
Every 4 seconds, inflicts Magic damage equal to 10/20/30/40% of total Health lost since Cursed was applied."

What he has now is basically a shitty version of Vlad's ultimate. Wtf Riot?

I'm pretty pissed off that I bought this guy ...

Archie said:

It's been taken away.

Macattk15

Meh. I just went 12-2 with Swain after a horrid game before, just needed to change up the playstyle and not rely on his ult for damage.

Still sad they changed the 3rd ability.

funk0ar

Hey guys I just hit level 21, for some reason I never even thought to check into the online side as I mostly post OT.

Anyway I used to play a lot of DOTA back in the day and i'm decent at LOL so if anyone wants to have a few games add me. My username is FedorE.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Swain is pretty annoying. Playing against him mid lane feels like playing against Vlad pre-nerf. Sure he doesn't put out as much damage but his crowform is like Vlad's E on steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom