• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthet1c

bluemax said:
The gods of LoL hate me, I saw Jax twice last night. One of them I yelled at him until he queue dodged, the other did not and we lost because our team was Kog Maw, Nunu, Kassadin, Vladimir and Jax.

My friend picked Nunu and then seemed to fuck around all game which hurt us. The Vlad lost mid tower like 6 minutes in which also hurt us.

I carried the shit out of that team too, 16 kills, most of them the other teams Miss Fortune, but we couldn't over come our shitty lack of CC and their two AoE ults (Kennen and Gangplank) plus Sona.

Crazy how things have changed since I took a break from LoL. Like 7-8 months ago Jax was tier 1, and anybody who played him got ridiculed for playing an OP champ. Now Jax sucks? I guess I need to find me a new champ, I've been playing Xin, but I'm not very good with him and feel I should be trying someone else. With a free weekend coming up, I'm going to give Galio some solid play time.

Cheeto

Aesthet1c said:
Crazy how things have changed since I took a break from LoL. Like 7-8 months ago Jax was tier 1, and anybody who played him got ridiculed for playing an OP champ. Now Jax sucks? I guess I need to find me a new champ, I've been playing Xin, but I'm not very good with him and feel I should be trying someone else. With a free weekend coming up, I'm going to give Galio some solid play time.
He's gotten nerf'ed, then sorta-buffed, and then nerf'ed again... I'm sure he'll get another buff sometime in the future.

Macattk15

I've been buttsexing people on Udyr lately. Did they buff him or something in the recent patches? Haven't been keeping up ... still feels the same ... I've just been building him more tanky and ganking faces off.

Macattk15 said:
I've been buttsexing people on Udyr lately. Did they buff him or something in the recent patches? Haven't been keeping up ... still feels the same ... I've just been building him more tanky and ganking faces off.

He hasn't been buffed recently, but pubbers will see someone who mains udyr and goes, "oh shit, he doesn't fucking die, I want to play him!"

Also, the only way to play udyr is jungle. Fucking godly.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Udyr is a fucking beast. Probably the best Jungle in the game and up there with Garen for early game(More if you jungle quick)

VaLiancY

When you hear that bear. Get the fuck out of the way!

What I like the most about Udyr is his stance dance gameplay. I really hope to see more champions similar but not identical to him.

Macattk15

Legato.Reborn- said:
He hasn't been buffed recently, but pubbers will see someone who mains udyr and goes, "oh shit, he doesn't fucking die, I want to play him!"

Also, the only way to play udyr is jungle. Fucking godly.

Yeah I rarely die with him, unless everyone is focusing me, I used the Turtle shell to save my ass so many times the other day when I normally would of died .... had Morde's ult & ignite on me and it saved me, took a chunk out of Karthus ult that would of gotten me, saved me from Malzahar's DoT .... so good.

Bisonian

Halycon said:
I'm not saying it's on the same level of HoN. Of course they're two different worlds. But it's not a community I'd give any awards to. Which is what I assume "audience" refers to.

It was an audiance award because it was voted on by the "audiance", an open vote of the people at GDC as well as people visiting their website. As opposed to the rest of the awards that were voted on by a closed panel.

Games don't get awards based on the quality of the people that play it ;)

Macattk15 said:
Yeah I rarely die with him, unless everyone is focusing me, I used the Turtle shell to save my ass so many times the other day when I normally would of died .... had Morde's ult & ignite on me and it saved me, took a chunk out of Karthus ult that would of gotten me, saved me from Malzahar's DoT .... so good.

Bear + Turtle, fucking amazing. Chase anything, evade anything.

sohois

It seems that all champs are temporarily available ( or were at the start of the game i just finished) so its a good time to try out some new champs.

Leezard

sohois said:
It seems that all champs are temporarily available ( or were at the start of the game i just finished) so its a good time to try out some new champs.
Yes, all champions are free to play this weekend.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
This free hero weekend is going to be quite a headache if you're looking to win games. I went 2-13 with Amumu because I was trying out a jungle strategy (that didn't work auhaha)

Rayven

aka surume
Archie said:
This free hero weekend is going to be quite a headache if you're looking to win games. I went 2-13 with Amumu because I was trying out a jungle strategy (that didn't work auhaha)
Keep at it, jungle mummy is a strat some of the best players in the office run.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Do any of you guys want to play some arranged games tomorrow afternoon at around 6 PM EST?

HeartAttackJones said:
Keep at it, jungle mummy is a strat some of the best players in the office run.

I've come to learn I hate jungling. I'll keep on playing support characters, lol.

caromelo

Yeah, Galio is a great champ, and we all know why. I usually ban Galio and Amumu because I don't want anything to do with them. They do have the ability to win games.

caromelo

eznark said:
What does this mean?

IMO, He's better than Amumu for a number of reasons:
1. His passive means that building MR tank items adds to the amount of damage that he deals because of it being converted into AP. Making him easier to build, especially when teams are heavy with casters. Hooray an Anti-caster.
2. Supports his team with his slow with Resolute Smite, shield team with Bulwark and helping chase and escape with Righteous Gust. Amumu only really has his stun to chase. If he needs to save his team, he has to use his stun towards the enemy so that his team can escape. Usually that means that Amumu will have to sacrifice himself to buy enough time. Unlike Galio where his Righteous Gust gives everyone a good boost in movement speed so all can get away and use Resolute Smite to slow. Amumu does not have a castable shield either.

Amumu, is probably the better initiator though, being able to toss across walls and whatnot.

However, main reason I ban Galio and Amumu always is because basically, I dislike tanks with AoE ultimates that can combo well with any number of champions. Galio+Morg and Amumu+Morg being the prime examples so its not worth it. xD

eznark

Banned
I thought there was some shitty exploit or something. He's a fantastically awesome champ to play. I haven't been jumping into ranked lately because I've become such an intermittent player so I don't have to worry about him being banned. With an initiator tank to start shit, I can jump in and end shit. SO MUCH FUN

caromelo

eznark said:
I thought there was some shitty exploit or something. He's a fantastically awesome champ to play. I haven't been jumping into ranked lately because I've become such an intermittent player so I don't have to worry about him being banned. With an initiator tank to start shit, I can jump in and end shit. SO MUCH FUN

90 Armor AND Magic Resist shield has to count for something. That's pretty damn amazing if you ask me. That's probably the best thing about him. The ability to slow down the damage the opposing team is doing on your carry, so that your team has enough time to work their magic.

I just had a team that had both Galio and Amumu on it. Was quite an easy game once we got into the team fighting phase. (This was in ranked btw). I was Udyr and did quite well for myself when everyone else was distracted by those two.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
I just had a team that had both Galio and Amumu on it. Was quite an easy game once we got into the team fighting phase. (This was in ranked btw). I was Udyr and did quite well for myself when everyone else was distracted by those two.
A team with Udyr, Anumu, and Galio should be banned, just for how god awful it would be.

Aesthet1c

So is it considered taboo to play Garen? Since it's been a free champion week, I started playing him and I love him. I've been doing really well with him, however all I get is bitching from the other team about how I play a "nub op champ".

Aesthet1c said:
So is it considered taboo to play Garen? Since it's been a free champion week, I started playing him and I love him. I've been doing really well with him, however all I get is bitching from the other team about how I play a "nub op champ".

/all "lolumad?"

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Aesthet1c said:
He peaks really early and if you can take advantage of that. You're golden for the rest of the match. He's also another class that has spammable abilities, which is always a massive plus(Specifically early on).

He normally balances out later on, and other tanks such as Anumu, Shen, Galio end up topping him. If he was kept in check early on. It also depends on the class you match him up with. When I'm playing MF, he's annoying and will continually push me back. While with Kennan or Ez, I punish him every time he steps forward :lol

Aesthet1c

shintoki said:
He peaks really early and if you can take advantage of that. You're golden for the rest of the match. He's also another class that has spammable abilities, which is always a massive plus(Specifically early on).

He normally balances out later on, and other tanks such as Anumu, Shen, Galio end up topping him. If he was kept in check early on. It also depends on the class you match him up with. When I'm playing MF, he's annoying and will continually push me back. While with Kennan or Ez, I punish him every time he steps forward :lol
Yeah and he seems fairly balanced to me, just don't stand near him when his whirlwind is available and he's fairly easy to counter. I just ask because I don't hear anything when I do good with xin, but when I play garen it's like everybody automatically hates me.

Also, :lol at "lolumad?"

NeoCross

Thanks to this free champ weekend I finally got to try Malzahar, and he's pretty fun to play :lol Almost at 6300 though so gotta decide if I should still buy Galio or Malz now.

VaLiancY

Aesthet1c said:
Yeah and he seems fairly balanced to me, just don't stand near him when his whirlwind is available and he's fairly easy to counter. I just ask because I don't hear anything when I do good with xin, but when I play garen it's like everybody automatically hates me.

Also, :lol at "lolumad?"

1286499220262.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom