• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionysus

Yaldog
joelseph said:
Is Amumu, Morganna, Korgath, Miss Fortune, Twitch a good team?

Cho'gath is the worst character in the game, not sure who this Korgath is. Kog'maw, if that is who you meant, is pretty damn good.

That team is pretty good if it is Kog'maw but it is AD heavy.

sohois

dionysus said:
Cho'gath is the worst character in the game, not sure who this Korgath is. Kog'maw, if that is who you meant, is pretty damn good.

That team is pretty good if it is Kog'maw but it is AD heavy.

Cho'gath the worst character? What about Eve, Swain, Urgot, Jax, Mundo?

dionysus

Yaldog
sohois said:

Ok, ok worst tank in the game. But tanks are inherently valuable in team composition, so maybe not the worst character in the game. I'd say that goes to Swain. Swain is slightly less useful than Heimer's turret. He allows you to see the map and does less damage.

caromelo

joelseph said:
Is Amumu, Morganna, Korgath, Miss Fortune, Twitch a good team?

I prefer to have one ranged AD carry per team, so having Miss Forune and Twitch is a bit redundant. You want to have that carry always get red and fed, and having to share between a twitch and MF is something I don't usually approve of. One of those heroes could be used to select an assassin with a shit ton of burst damage to eliminate the opposing teams carry. Something like an Akali or Kassadin, these are the kind of champs that can easily get to to the squishy and take it down. Even though you have Twitch which can kind of fill that role, it gets a lot more difficult when the other team has wards and oracles and what not, actively trying to counter its presence. Some also fill the role of being able to jungle so thats another option for your team.

TL;DR: Pick one from Twitch or Miss Fortune for your main carry. Consider assassins such as Kassadin or Akali to effectively nullify the opposing squishies.

Hylian7

thestopsign said:
I would help you if I could dude, but I'm not sure what's going on. Not my area of expertise. If you really have to lug your computer to your girlfriend's house to update, it's probably not worth it. There are patches every two weeks and slight tweaks randomly throughout to fix glitches.
I just solved the issue. Apparently the directory I installed LoL to was the issue. For some reason something was wrong with installing it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games\League of Legends\" I reinstalled to the default directory, which was at "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends". Suddenly it worked after this.

I've been playing this since yesterday and now I get it (I played the tutorial first). It's a lot of fun! I still haven't played as all the starting champions, but so far I would have to say my favorite is Katarina. Something that really annoys me though is the community in this game. They tend to be very elitist, and I'm only playing normal games! I would hate to know what ranked games are like! In my first match, I still didn't have too much of an idea of what I was doing other than "Stay with the minions, especially under turrets, watch out for other Champions". Some guy in there had the "Wow, you suck and are terrible" attitude. I told him it was my first day, he still persisted with it. I tend to run into a lot of people like this in this game. I just try to ignore it, and the game is still fun though.

This also has me pumped for Valve's DotA 2.

Loam

Hylian7 said:
Something that really annoys me though is the community in this game. They tend to be very elitist, and I'm only playing normal games! I would hate to know what ranked games are like! In my first match, I still didn't have too much of an idea of what I was doing other than "Stay with the minions, especially under turrets, watch out for other Champions". Some guy in there had the "Wow, you suck and are terrible" attitude. I told him it was my first day, he still persisted with it. I tend to run into a lot of people like this in this game. I just try to ignore it, and the game is still fun though.

I think it has something to do with the MOBA genre in general, it just brings out the worst in people. I've yet to play a Dota like game and not run into a crowd of elitist assholes.

eznark

Banned
sohois said:

Does Swain suck or do people just suck with Swain? Man I've played with some awful Swain's the last couple days.

I haven't kept up with the latest patch notes, is Nasus still untouched? Seems like his spells are draining mana quicker than before.

LoL isn't that bad. As long as you know what you're doing and don't do stupid stuff, most of the players won't say anything. If you;re an idiot and run into their jungle with no wards intent on taking red and get ganked terribly, then you get all the shit you're gonna get.

eznark

Banned
Hylian feel free to add me. I play a lot but I don't take it serious or anything. No problem playing with someone new.

LoL: eznark

JoeFu

Banned
You can add me too! I'm JoeFu and I don't care about winning, just got to have fun with the game, but winning does make the game more fun.

Start adding everyone in the second post, but I'm fine with playing with you if you want some pointers or to have a fun time. My LoL name is Chronos.

Diglet

Neo Member
Hylian7 said:
I've been playing this since yesterday and now I get it (I played the tutorial first). It's a lot of fun! I still haven't played as all the starting champions, but so far I would have to say my favorite is Katarina. Something that really annoys me though is the community in this game. They tend to be very elitist, and I'm only playing normal games! I would hate to know what ranked games are like! In my first match, I still didn't have too much of an idea of what I was doing other than "Stay with the minions, especially under turrets, watch out for other Champions". Some guy in there had the "Wow, you suck and are terrible" attitude. I told him it was my first day, he still persisted with it. I tend to run into a lot of people like this in this game. I just try to ignore it, and the game is still fun though.

What kind of level 1s are elitist? Did you have a friend and queue
with them? The person who was telling you were bad must have been terrible if he was playing with level ones.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow good post, I can understand his reasoning behind not making skills like rupture but I for one enjoy doing out-of-game research on heroes and builds so not having this avenue of metagaming is detrimental to my enjoyment of LoL.

Macattk15

neat.png

A fed Karthus is a fun Karthus.

336 minion kills. Hehe. MF was a bitch for me to deal with in mid until I got to like 9.

So after watching a bit of the finals between CLG and EPIK, I decided to try out a jungle Nunu/tank build. It works great apparently, but in the two games I played as him, I had a total of 6 leavers between my two teams. I'm not shitting you. My first game went down to 3v5 with us holding out for about 40min with a Garen, Tryndamere, and me as Nunu. It was understandable sort of why they quit, their mouses simply weren't working. They talked to us for a bit, but couldn't move. Then the second game I had someone not load at all, which caused someone else to leave as soon as the game started. Then I had a Poppy rage quit after dying twice. Then our Singed sat in base and told the other team where I was going the rest of the time. It's too bad because I was doing lots of damage and farming really well between Consume and Smite.

Sup, LoLGAF. I seek your assistance.

I currently own an iMac, and I want to play LoL. The release of the Mac client has been delayed again and again, but I found out I can engage in testing! I want to do this, since I hear it's practically the same thing as the normal version with a few visual glitches here and there but there's some sort of hideous Catch-22 in place.

I have to get the beta-test version from the forums, so I signed up. However, to sign into the forums, I have to sign into LoL itself to make a summoner. But I can't sign into LoL if I can't download the beta-test version from the forums.

So, can anyone help a fella out? This is ridiculous.

BTW, I used to be really heavy into DotA, being a decent player when I stopped about 3-4 years ago. So I'm not going to be completely retarded when I play.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Sup, LoLGAF. I seek your assistance.

I currently own an iMac, and I want to play LoL. The release of the Mac client has been delayed again and again, but I found out I can engage in testing! I want to do this, since I hear it's practically the same thing as the normal version with a few visual glitches here and there but there's some sort of hideous Catch-22 in place.

I have to get the beta-test version from the forums, so I signed up. However, to sign into the forums, I have to sign into LoL itself to make a summoner. But I can't sign into LoL if I can't download the beta-test version from the forums.

So, can anyone help a fella out? This is ridiculous.

BTW, I used to be really heavy into DotA, being a decent player when I stopped about 3-4 years ago. So I'm not going to be completely retarded when I play.

you could ask a friend to log in the account for you on their computer to make a summoner name.

Meteorain

Ezrael is my current hero of choice. Damn is he awesome or what? His ulti.....what a beautiful thing it is when you kill someone from across the entire map!

Erasus

Had some good games last night with randoms. Had 1 leaver but we pulled through by sticking together and pushing 1 tower at a time.

I play on EU, add me please!
IGN: Otori

VaLiancY

Meteorain said:
Ezrael is my current hero of choice. Damn is he awesome or what? His ulti.....what a beautiful thing it is when you kill someone from across the entire map!

I was doing a 1v2 lane top and I saw the enemy's Warwick gank an ally at mid. I shot that shit down mid and killed him, got first blood, golem & lizard buff.:lol

feelsgoodman.jpg

Nope, I already have an account.

But when I try to sign into the forums to get into the Mac beta-test, I am redirected to a page telling me to sign into LoL. But I can't sign into LoL until I can get into the forums to get into the Mac beta-test, so I can download LoL.

It's a Catch-22.

Macattk15

Meteorain said:

Try Karthus. His ult ALWAYS hits, in all directions, at all distances ... unless they have a damn banshee veil!

So satisfying seeing someone get away with like 100 hp and you know they slam their Recall key but they see Karthus's red beam of doom come down on their heads.

Even more fun when it's doing 1200 damage.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
caromelo said:
Quick tip to get better: Let HotshotGG whore himself out and play on your account for $$$.

I'm watching his stream right now and Hotshot seems to be a raging manchild who blames everyone but himself.

Diglet

Neo Member
Im up for a game whenever. I hate being a low level.
I get stuck with noobs and leavers, and half of the players have maladys xD

caromelo

Archie said:
I'm watching his stream right now and Hotshot seems to be a raging manchild who blames everyone but himself.

Haha yes. He is a raging man child who is pretty epic with blaming poor play. I've seen him rant and rage for a whole hour after the game. :lol

He actually started a service where for as low as $5, he'll sign on to your account and play a ranked game and win for you. I could tell because I've seen friends on my list on his livestream being owned.

bluemax

Banned
5wfj14.png

Tanks? Tanks? Where we're going, we don't need tanks!

PS Guys wish me luck, I applied for a job at Riot! Hope I can get it to make one of my favorite games even more awesome!

Edit: I thought about editing out my Elo, but whatever, you can all witness how much I suck :/ I'm on a good streak lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom