• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
shintoki said:
Sona has very little killing power. I normally get left alone early against someone like Mord(Or another lower dps class) or the other teams tank. And we basically just wail on each other till we realize, my damage is too small for a killing blow and their damage can't really out damage my heal.
Disagree, actually. Her nuke hits pretty hard, scales decently with AP, low cooldown, long range and she's a good farmer. Her attack range is long and passive is good for getting the last hits. She also has chasing power in the form of the movement aura, and her AoE stunning ult. Sure she's not going to burst down someone like LeBlanc can, but if it's one of those fights were the teams are moving back and forth with their creep waves Sona can make a huge difference, not with just her heals but with her nuking as well.

That and I've chased down a lot of kills with her. Her animation is amazing, click move click move click move all the while facerolling your three skills. In fact that's exactly what I do when I get blue, i just press all three keys as fast as possible.

eznark

Banned
Galio

* Idol of Durand
o Fixed a bug where casting would break an enemy's Spell Shield and then taunt them again
o Fixed a bug where the taunt particle sometimes played on targets that blocked the taunt
o Fixed a bug where Idol of Durand's ability power ratio was inconsistent
o Ability power ratio decreased to .8 from 0.85
* Bulwark duration reduced to 3.5 seconds from 4
* Righteous Gust base damage reduced to 65/110/155/200/245 from 70/115/160/205/250
* Righteous Gust ability power ratio reduced to 0.65 from 0.8
* Resolute Smite ability power ratio increased to 0.70 from 0.6

They always sucker me into buying them powerful.....

They keep nerfing the shit out of every ranged carry not named Ashe. Seriously. Ashe is the best for a reason. She needs a nerf if you're going to nerf every one.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Diglet said:
Irelia is bad, pretty disappointing :(

What's wrong with her?

I was pretty interested in getting her but I'm not sure I want to part with the points

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You won't have to worry about Ire getting nerfed. She's reminds me of Xin, minus the great ult. She is going fall right into the same category as Lux and Blac do, where other characters already do her job better.

Nerfs hurt my Sona a bit, specifically with Mana consumption. But I'm still a great carry. Went 7/1/28 in my last game. :lol

Picking up Janna, Nasus, and Zin too. :lol

I haven't played Irelia yet, but it seems like it's going to take a while for people to perfect a build for her. She isn't quite strong enough to last in team fights and her ult is pretty situational.

Macattk15

Chopperman said:
What's wrong with her?

I was pretty interested in getting her but I'm not sure I want to part with the points

She just does nothing better than someone else can. Her ult is also very underwhelming.

JoeFu

Banned
Urgot is pretty fun, and is okay early game, his late game is terrible though. Buffs would make him even more fun though!

Haly

Jazzy Network said:
They keep nerfing the shit out of every ranged carry not named Ashe. Seriously. Ashe is the best for a reason. She needs a nerf if you're going to nerf every one.
I think Ashe is fine as is. One of the more balanced ranged carries since she can kite to escape, but doesn't put out stupid damage if even slightly farmed since she has no skill to provide ASPD.

Haly

Yeah it's the ASPD thing making sure Ashe isn't too ridiculous. Since it basically makes every damage item you buy that much better. And she is still useful for scouting/slowing/stunning when she's not farmed/fed.

y2dvd

Corki got nerf? Holy cow this guy just totally owned with him. 22/0/11 and we destroyed the nexus in less than 25 minutes. The nerf got me fooled.

Macattk15

y2dvd said:
Corki got nerf? Holy cow this guy just totally owned with him. 22/0/11 and we destroyed the nexus in less than 25 minutes. The nerf got me fooled.

He wasn't nerfed that bad. He is still overall buffed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
I think Ashe is fine as is. One of the more balanced ranged carries since she can kite to escape, but doesn't put out stupid damage if even slightly farmed since she has no skill to provide ASPD.
She can also kite to kill, kite to prevent escape. Ashe is pretty fairly balanced, the problem is they keep nerfing the other range carries.

Haly

shintoki said:
The problem is they keep nerfing the other range carries.
I'm fine with this, for the most part. it's ridiculous how one early kill suddenly boosts their (most ranged carries) laning capability to the point where they can dominate the other mid laner and just freefarm unless your get your entire team to do repeated ganks. And it's not like you're actually reversing their cash flow, they'll just stockpile for that BFS and then you're fucked.

(Solo queue anyway, with premades you can expect teamwork)

Well that and Riot isn't very good at balancing.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Halycon said:
Ashe just plays bland as hell. There isn't anything really exceptional about her she just has range and can kite. Doesn't usually hit particularly hard and there's no burst to speak of. Dunno, I just expect a range carry to be able to handle business and not kite people while their allies kill shit.

Azar

oxrock said:
Ashe just plays bland as hell. There isn't anything really exceptional about her she just has range and can kite. Doesn't usually hit particularly hard and there's no burst to speak of. Dunno, I just expect a range carry to be able to handle business and not kite people while their allies kill shit.
Her arrow can be invaluable, though. Not that it's an uncommon strategy, but one of my friends fired it at a besieged turret, teleported to it just as the arrow found its target and decimated the stunned champ as he sat there. :lol With that kind of timing and aim Ashe is really fun to have on you team.

Haly

oxrock said:
Yeah well, she's supposed to be the newb-friendly ranged carry.

And across-the-stage skill shots are a lot more satisfying than MF's point and click ult.

There's too much HP in this game, just because a carry is outleveling you by 2-3 levels doesn't mean she should have more hp than a tank. But they usually do, at least, when I bother to check.

Halycon said:
Yeah well, she's supposed to be the newb-friendly ranged carry.

And across-the-stage skill shots are a lot more satisfying than MF's point and click ult.

There's too much HP in this game, just because a carry is outleveling you by 2-3 levels doesn't mean she should have more hp than a tank. But they usually do, at least, when I bother to check.

Well I find a lot of carries grab 2-3 doran's blades or doran's shields or whatever, really boosting their HP early game. That's on top of most people going defensive/utility masteries now a days grabbing extra HP, regen, defense, and movement speed.

VaLiancY

Ashe's arrows are scary. You see a teamfight you can win by numbers til an arrow hits you in the face. Tristana is a great ranged carry with her pokes, Miss Fortune is still solid and offers to the shitty AoE metagame. Twitch is Twitch
good and annoying
and Ezreal is still good in the right hands.

Am I forgetting someone?

Diglet

Neo Member
VaLiancY said:
Ashe's arrows are scary. You see a teamfight you can win by numbers til an arrow hits you in the face. Tristana is a great ranged carry with her pokes, Miss Fortune is still solid and offers to the shitty AoE metagame. Twitch is Twitch
good and annoying
and Ezreal is still good in the right hands.

Am I forgetting someone?

Sivir maybe? Miss fortune?

Haly

Sivir is good for right clicking towers while the rest of he team pushes the over lane.

I just played as Garen today.

It's kinda hilarious that he is good with multiply sunfire capes stacked. I played vs another Garen, where he had a host of different items, including a Ghostblade.

I just had two Sunfire Capes and a pair of boots.

I won.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
9 consecutive losses. 6 of the 7 games today decided by leavers, who started feeding, berated their teammates, then left.

Guess it's time to give up on the game except for full premades.

Aw, that's a shame. I had my first bad experience two days ago.

It's still quite fun, although it must be better with regulars. I'm pretty sure I'm losing twice as many as I'm winning.

Also, Kayle is awesome, and I'm saving up quite a few Influence points. Too bad I can't get skins, though...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Had a wonderful game yesterday. Some asshole decided to berate me for playing Sona the entire game. Felt damn good beating his ass. Ended up something like 4/2/29. Also, every ace we had involved 2 or 3 of them burning their ults to get at me. Where the two or three would attempt to kill me while I just kite them around. Remember kids, Sona is still fully operation when moving. :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No, flash is still a get out of death free card once every 191 seconds. I sometimes solo push lanes in enemy territory with five MIAs just to fuck with people, when flash+ghost are up.

EviLore said:
No, flash is still a get out of death free card once every 191 seconds. I sometimes solo push lanes in enemy territory with five MIAs just to fuck with people, when flash+ghost are up.

Flash seems overpowered as hell, rendering Teleport kinda useless, especially with that cooldown.

I might wield both, though. I really value mobility.

Haly

FlightOfHeaven said:
I just played as Garen today.

It's kinda hilarious that he is good with multiply sunfire capes stacked. I played vs another Garen, where he had a host of different items, including a Ghostblade.

I just had two Sunfire Capes and a pair of boots.

I won.
Welcome to Garen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom