• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robatw

EviLore said:
9 consecutive losses. 6 of the 7 games today decided by leavers, who started feeding, berated their teammates, then left.

i have the same problem since yesterday...it's so frustrating.

played 10 games yesterday and lost 8.

the community is pretty fucked up. someone rushes into 5 people and flames me afterwards.

every fucking game the people start to flame each other...is it the same on US Servers?

robatw said:
i have the same problem since yesterday...it's so frustrating.

played 10 games yesterday and lost 8.

the community is pretty fucked up. someone rushes into 5 people and flames me afterwards.

every fucking game the people start to flame each other...is it the same on US Servers?

I've only had that flaming situation happen once. There should be an option in game to ignore someone.

I've found that the further I go, the nicer people are, actually. But I go out of my way to keep the game jovial.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just had a game where we were wrecking the other team. And yet all these guys did was get into fights from the start. You move in too fast, You didn't tele!

FlightOfHeaven said:
I've only had that flaming situation happen once. There should be an option in game to ignore someone.

I've found that the further I go, the nicer people are, actually. But I go out of my way to keep the game jovial.

I find in general if you start joking around a bit in the Champ Select screen most people are much more receptive. The only time I really yell at teammates is when they are picking on someone who obviously is trying very hard, but still not doing well, because, well sometimes that's me, and I know how they feel.

thestopsign said:
I find in general if you start joking around a bit in the Champ Select screen most people are much more receptive. The only time I really yell at teammates is when they are picking on someone who obviously is trying very hard, but still not doing well, because, well sometimes that's me, and I know how they feel.

That's me with Kayle. I can't figure her out yet. I do better when I just hang back and spam all of her abilities, especially heal. Also, I totally ignore Intervention. It's never really helped.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
It's really agitating, I was with evilore on his epic losing streak. Him and I both play well but we can't hold up the team by ourselves. Usually him and I are the only ones with a 1:1 or better scores. So if we want to win we're forced to solo queue. (and there's of course still leavers with rage issues)

I'm finally even in win/losses! It's taken a couple of surprising games, where we're just losing terribly (11-25 / 12-28) and suddenly we just rally and start taking down towers left and right.

Getting an inhibitor is a big deal. It allows us to get another lane reliably.

y2dvd

caromelo said:
On the topic of teleport, here's a good usage of it.:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etl_2j9bI9A

One of the fastest? So there's a faster first death? o_O That was pretty baller lol.

Was at 1500 elo, had a terrible losing streak and went back down to 1300, now back up around 1450. Almost went 50/50 but now I'm like 20 wins ahead. I just think it's impossible to consistently win in solo queue.

I've been messing around with Shen lately. He's fun but can't initiate as well as some of the other tanks. Still, it's fun saving fools with no life from ignite or Morde's ult and such.

Been seeing a lot of Malphites and Corkis lately.

FlightOfHeaven said:
That's me with Kayle. I can't figure her out yet. I do better when I just hang back and spam all of her abilities, especially heal. Also, I totally ignore Intervention. It's never really helped.
Intervention's pretty good actually, especially if you're going to play Kayle as more of a support champion. Definitely comes in handy in team fights when the enemy's focusing a tank or someone with high damage output for instance, as it's often too busy for most people to even notice their target / whoever's trying to kill 'em is temporarily invincible if you time it right, or to simply get a low health character out of a pinch if they're being chased by someone. It only nullifies actual damage though, so stuns and the lot will still allow the enemy to catch up.

Just make sure you don't use it on yourself unless you really need to. When other ally champions are around at least.

MicVlaD said:
Intervention's pretty good actually, especially if you're going to play Kayle as more of a support champion. Definitely comes in handy in team fights when the enemy's focusing a tank or someone with high damage output for instance, as it's often too busy for most people to even notice their target / whoever's trying to kill 'em is temporarily invincible if you time it right, or to simply get a low health character out of a pinch if they're being chased by someone. It only nullifies actual damage though, so stuns and the lot will still allow the enemy to catch up.

Just make sure you don't use it on yourself unless you really need to. When other ally champions are around at least.

Yeah, I tended to use it on myself.

I've died at least 5 times because I accidentally bring up my champion's stats instead of buffing myself. It's an old DotA habit I need to get rid of.

I purchased Xin Zhao yesterday. I had accumulated 4.5k IP, and I decided to try someone different. I saw someone play Xin Zhao, and he looks like a lot of fun. After looking up his guide, I think I'm set to give him a whirl today.

Boken

Banned
I think Xin Zhao is a great champion with a great toolset. Irelia however is the worst 6300IP I ever spent. So much regret there!

y2dvd

FlightOfHeaven said:
Yeah, I tended to use it on myself.

I've died at least 5 times because I accidentally bring up my champion's stats instead of buffing myself. It's an old DotA habit I need to get rid of.

I purchased Xin Zhao yesterday. I had accumulated 4.5k IP, and I decided to try someone different. I saw someone play Xin Zhao, and he looks like a lot of fun. After looking up his guide, I think I'm set to give him a whirl today.

Xin is fun, but quite squishy. I totally recommend getting armor, armor pen, and flat hp runes. Try not to initiate team fights. If they focus on you, you'll be dead in no time. I try to E to the center, then ult, then go for their carries. The recommended items are good to go with, though I tend to go Madred if I'm jungling. Been running 21/9/0 on him.

One of the best tip I've learned with him is if you catch a champion 1v1 and you know you can get the full 3 strikes of Q, try to save E until Q is finish with the cooldown. You can get this a lot if you sandwich them so how. When I first started Xin, I made the mistake of opening it up with E at all times, doing my combo, but not being able to finish them off b/c everything was still on cooldown.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Xin is a decent melee. All his skills are useful, and his Ult is a big one if you catch them together. But he isn't a Jax or Olaf who can devastate a squishy in 1 second flat. :lol

Stridone

Banned
Xin is about as easy as Garen. And a god when fed. He's fun to play but after a while the same ERQW routine can get kind of boring.

VaLiancY

Xin doesn't have the ability to get out of shit like Garen's Judgement, Decisive Strike's speed boost & Courage's mitigation. So you gotta' think a little bit harder than the average Garen. Xin has amazing initiation with his ultimate, some good CC with his knock up being the best. I usually build a Ghostblade, Banshees and Omen because it synergies well with his ult and you tend to die first if the team can't commit after your ult.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Stridone said:
Xin is about as easy as Garen. And a god when fed. He's fun to play but after a while the same ERQW routine can get kind of boring.
Garen is about the easiest in the game. Up there with Mord, Kenny, and Vlad.

Xin is a good melee, with no real defense or escape spells. Easy as hell to harass and push back, and outside of his charge. Has nothing to stop you. All while being relatively squishy.

Door2Dawn

Banned
attachment.php

New Hero

y2dvd

Tried Corki for the first time last night and went 9/2/-. Dat range and base dmg! What's the typical skill build order? I think I made the mistake of going q/w/q/e/q/r/q. I'm guessing I should max e first now? I also stuck with the recommended items.

Steaks

Boken said:
I think Xin Zhao is a great champion with a great toolset. Irelia however is the worst 6300IP I ever spent. So much regret there!
Well I can safely say you have not purchased Swain.

Macattk15

kensk said:

What is wrong with him? I frequently play him and frequently have a 2:1 ratio with a good amount of assists. I at least never have a negative ratio on him.

Play defensively, build him AP/support (rod of ages, rylais, zhonyas), and giggle when people try to 2v1 gank you past level 6.

Also rooting people can really fuck up their day when you have someone else with you.

y2dvd said:
Tried Corki for the first time last night and went 9/2/-. Dat range and base dmg! What's the typical skill build order? I think I made the mistake of going q/w/q/e/q/r/q. I'm guessing I should max e first now? I also stuck with the recommended items.

Yeah I go ... q/w/e/e/e/r/e

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
kensk said:
Swain isn't bad. Like Lux and others, another character out does the same job. Nasus. Yet, he can peak pretty early, letting you man handled quite a few opponents and giving a shot at pulling ahead.

caromelo

Solo queue can be so frustrating lol.

Many seem to underestimate the advantage that baron gives. :(
Had a game where we were behind in towers and in farm but managed to win a team fight with 3 kills. Instead of going for baron which would have allowed us to come back, our team unwisely decides to use the advantage to only push 2 towers. Then, instead of hanging around to contest baron, people recall and obviously give away a free baron kill. Needless to say, we lost. However, had we went for baron instead, our buff would have allowed us to overpower them or at least by some more time to catch up.

TL;DR
Baron is game deciding. 2 Tower kills is not.

FlightOfHeaven said:
What does Baron give you, exactly? Whenever I see his tooltip, it's just devolves into "AAARGGGH POWER POWER POWER AAARRGGGH"

Boosts almost all of your stats, gives you bunch of gold and experience. It gives significant damage (like +40 or so).

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
FlightOfHeaven said:
What does Baron give you, exactly? Whenever I see his tooltip, it's just devolves into "AAARGGGH POWER POWER POWER AAARRGGGH"
Baron gives you mega passive health regen and lifesteal I think. Mostly it makes you look intimidating =p

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
oxrock said:
Baron gives you mega passive health regen and lifesteal I think. Mostly it makes you look intimidating =p

Health regen, mana regen, attack damage, and ability power.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
approaching 6300 IP, looking for advice on what champ i should buy.

i was thinking twitch as a i like stealth characters like evelyn, but i was also considering getting a decent tanking champ.

suggestions?

VaLiancY

Scrow said:
approaching 6300 IP, looking for advice on what champ i should buy.

i was thinking twitch as a i like stealth characters like evelyn, but i was also considering getting a decent tanking champ.

suggestions?
Eve is mediocre. Twitch is fun. Regarding tanks. Rammus and Shen are the best. Galio, Amumu and Malphit are right behind them. Singed is tanky but you have to be a true troll to play as him.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
VaLiancY said:
Eve is mediocre. Twitch is fun. Regarding tanks. Rammus and Shen are the best. Galio, Amumu and Malphit are right behind them. Singed is tanky but you have to be a true troll to play as him.
i already have rammus. got him for free playing in the beta.

i played shen and liked his style, but wasn't very good at him. never had a chance to play galio, what's he like?

why do you mean by "true troll"?

i was thinking of getting vlad, but i'll probably stick to my original choice with twitch if i'm not convinced to get something else.

Steaks

Macattk15 said:
What is wrong with him? I frequently play him and frequently have a 2:1 ratio with a good amount of assists. I at least never have a negative ratio on him.
He has a reliable slow (his root requires either flawless synergy or your opponent to be terrible), and okay AoE damage. That's it. He gets gimped down by burst which is basically what the strongest champions are about in most cases (and requires to be in the heat of battle to be useful) and provides some okay damage that someone like Annie or Amumu does one thousand times better.

Now, Swain is pretty bad, but he's not totally worthless, he just doesn't do anything better than many other champions do. I still rate him about Urgot and Eve.
Scrow said:
i already have rammus. got him for free playing in the beta.

i played shen and liked his style, but wasn't very good at him. never had a chance to play galio, what's he like?

why do you mean by "true troll"?

i was thinking of getting vlad, but i'll probably stick to my original choice with twitch if i'm not convinced to get something else.
Galio is really good at poking and has a very strong AoE ult. He's solid at pretty much everything (farming, laning, teamfights, tanking) and is best put against a higher AP team. Singed's job is to be as inhumanly annoying as possible. Run around, toss squishies, slow the entire team, be unkillable and unchaseable (meaning that if you decide to leave a slightly unfavorable teamfight, you will end up winning if they keep trying to fight). He's an alright champion and his playstyle is entirely based around things that are obnoxious to deal with haha.

Vlad and Twitch are both pretty good champions. Though I wouldn't really recommend Twitch to someone without a lot of experience with the game. IMO Vlad is more forgiving to play because he has a solid "get out of jail free" card and a good way of not dying. Against inexperienced opponents, he's a LOT harder to deal with than he is to use.

y2dvd

VaLiancY said:

I'mma have to put Shen behind those tanks. He just can't damage and disable like those tanks can. Scrow, I'd still go any of those tanks. Amumu and Galio tends to get banned a lot though. For Normal games, Amumu was fairly easy to pick up and win with.

Steaks

y2dvd said:
I'mma have to put Shen behind those tanks. He just can't damage and disable like those tanks can. Scrow, I'd still go any of those tanks. Amumu and Galio tends to get banned a lot though. For Normal games, Amumu was fairly easy to pick up and win with.
Since the Amumu and Galio nerfs, Shen is probably the best tank besides Rammus right now honestly. And Rammus is only good because he's a great jungler due to his speed + unrivaled ganking ability.

Shen offers low cooldown AoE CC (that on average should hit 2 people if you're good), solid DPS (if he's getting hit his passive procs rapidly) and offers really strong utility with his R which no other good tank can offer. He's also capable of pretty much reversing any gank in mid game on top of being a great laner. Amumu can't lane well and Galio is best in a support or solo lane a certain team makeup, Shen is really good to have. Say for instance you run Kennen + MF, those two should undoubtedly be in your solos, and if you wish to run WW, then you are best off with Shen because he is better suited to a duo lane. Shen can ALSO jungle, but he's not as good at it as say, Rammus, WW, Udyr or Olaf.

VaLiancY

kensk said:
Since the Amumu and Galio nerfs, Shen is probably the best tank besides Rammus right now honestly. And Rammus is only good because he's a great jungler due to his speed + unrivaled ganking ability.

A three second taunt and needing less tank items due to his W isn't anything to scoff at either.

@Scrow, Vlad is a really good champ. One of my favorites next to Kassadin and Brolaf.

Been doing well as Nidalee today. Won three in a row with her. She is a great support champ that can deal lots of damage to squishies in Tiger Form, I almost one shotted the other team's Teemo with a crit and the Tiger's Q ability. Her heal is great, good for pushing towers and healing. It's very important to grab Sheen, Lich's Bane, or Trinity Force for her, as that's where a lot of her damage and pushing ability comes from.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
my only problem with vlad is that he doesn't feel as tanky as a tank should. i stack huge amounts of health (go for a fast warmog) and then other items with a combination of health and AP (rylai's scepter), but i still feel kinda squishy, particularly in team fights.

am i building him wrong? should i be getting armor and/or resist too?

btw, has anyone tried stacking spell vamp on vlad? get a will of ancients or a couple of hextechs and he heals himself for quite a bit, especially if you also get a spirit visage.

oh that reminds me. does the 20% boost to health regen from spirit visage benefit warmog's regen or does it only apply to innate regen?

VaLiancY

Scrow said:
my only problem with vlad is that he doesn't feel as tanky as a tank should. i stack huge amounts of health (go for a fast warmog) and then other items with a combination of health and AP (rylai's scepter), but i still feel kinda squishy, particularly in team fights.

am i building him wrong? should i be getting armor and/or resist too?

btw, has anyone tried stacking spell vamp on vlad? get a will of ancients or a couple of hextechs and he heals himself for quite a bit, especially if you also get a spirit visage.

oh that reminds me. does the 20% boost to health regen from spirit visage benefit warmog's regen or does it only apply to innate regen?

Vlad is beefy meaning he has a high health pool instead of being tanky which offers mitigation against attacks. He gets burned down as fast as any other squishy carry just a tad bit longer because of his high health pool. I build Rylais, Mejais, Visage Z-Ring & Banshees for defense.

The Spirit Visage should apply to Warmogs. I don't build Spell Vamp so I wouldn't know how effective it is.

Boken

Banned
Vlad is in no way a tank. He's a great poker before a team fight and can usually last longer than most mages in a team fight and so can clean up, but unless you build him completely defense orientated (HP, Armor, MR), he wont be tanking anything. Even building him like that I think gimps him since he has no passive survivability. Also, AP/HP is just so strong it can poke forever and stay alive to clean up and get fed. Just play him like a mage and you'll be right.

Steaks

VaLiancY said:
A three second taunt and needing less tank items due to his W isn't anything to scoff at either.

@Scrow, Vlad is a really good champ. One of my favorites next to Kassadin and Brolaf.
Yeah sorry, I meant that meaning him being better than the other tanks for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom