• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayven

aka surume

Kodiak690

Neo Member
How does anyone play Eve? Once you get gear going, you can gank the hell out of people, but until then.. she's absolutely terrible. I got stuck in a lane vs Garen and Pantheon.. I couldn't move without getting destroyed. Worst part was that I couldn't farm money to get better gear, so the entire game I was underleveled and undergeared.

I know some people jungle with her, but I'd prefer not to. Did I just get set up against lame lane opponents or is she just terrible in a lane no matter how you stack the deck?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kodiak690 said:
How does anyone play Eve? Once you get gear going, you can gank the hell out of people, but until then.. she's absolutely terrible. I got stuck in a lane vs Garen and Pantheon.. I couldn't move without getting destroyed. Worst part was that I couldn't farm money to get better gear, so the entire game I was underleveled and undergeared.

I know some people jungle with her, but I'd prefer not to. Did I just get set up against lame lane opponents or is she just terrible in a lane no matter how you stack the deck?
Well that's mistake one. You don't lane as Eve. You jungle/gank. And gank early, depending on their team. To be honest, you should probably gank the center or steal the golem on their team from the start. Or better, notice who on their team doesn't have flash and is a squishy. Lots of Vlad's don't get it for example

2nd, Any melee character, specific squishy like Eve should not be in a lane versus Garen and Panth. Similar to Sion or Taric or the other melee stun characters. You need to have a range in there that can harass them or deny the stun up combos. Lux, Janna, Morg, Ken are all good counters to that group.

I just found an interesting build for Shen. I just start out with: Philosopher's Stone, then Kage's Lucky Pick, then Heart of Gold.

After that, I just go whatever Boots are appropriate, and usually Force of Nature and Thornmail.

The three gold items help me out so much. I rarely get kills, with my last game going 6/8/17 (loss), so accruing gold passively lets me stay away from farming and focus on aiding the team. I've started looking towards Warmogs for health.

I'm wondering if I should forgo the Kage's Lucky Pick and just go straight for another Philosopher's Stone.

A while back I saw a Malphite with 5 Hearts of Gold.

I laughed, but now I understand why.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I just found an interesting build for Shen. I just start out with: Philosopher's Stone, then Kage's Lucky Pick, then Heart of Gold.

After that, I just go whatever Boots are appropriate, and usually Force of Nature and Thornmail.

The three gold items help me out so much. I rarely get kills, with my last game going 6/8/17 (loss), so accruing gold passively lets me stay away from farming and focus on aiding the team. I've started looking towards Warmogs for health.

I'm wondering if I should forgo the Kage's Lucky Pick and just go straight for another Philosopher's Stone.

A while back I saw a Malphite with 5 Hearts of Gold.

I laughed, but now I understand why.

NOOOOOOOO, you are doing it wrong. Why would you ever get an item that has mana regen for Shen? Philosopher's Stone is a horrible, HORRIBLE item for Shen. If you do this build, just stack Heart of Golds, they are great for tanks in general. Warmogs is something that can be good if stacked with other defensive items, health on it's own is a bad stat. Shen probably wants Force of Nature, Raduin's Omen, and Thornmail before he grabs it, or at least one of those.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The worst thing about free to play games has to be some of the machines people have, it's pretty annoying waiting for a few minutes while someone loads up.

Just had the most badass game as Akali. Had a friend I was queuing with disconnect because he had to go shovel due to the storm. I got the most lucky triple kill, had double stacks with Sword of Occult and Majai's, then just rolled the rest of the way, even 4v5. We were down two inhibs when that happened, and had none of their towers down. Went 19-3-13. Sooooo badass.

thestopsign said:
NOOOOOOOO, you are doing it wrong. Why would you ever get an item that has mana regen for Shen? Philosopher's Stone is a horrible, HORRIBLE item for Shen. If you do this build, just stack Heart of Golds, they are great for tanks in general. Warmogs is something that can be good if stacked with other defensive items, health on it's own is a bad stat. Shen probably wants Force of Nature, Raduin's Omen, and Thornmail before he grabs it, or at least one of those.

Well, I thought that the Philosopher's Stone also assisted in energy regeneration. I swore I noticed faster regen after I purchased a Stone for the first time with Shen.

Also, I always grab Force of Nature and Thornmail before I grab Warmogs.

Azar

FlightOfHeaven said:
Well, I thought that the Philosopher's Stone also assisted in energy regeneration. I swore I noticed faster regen after I purchased a Stone for the first time with Shen.

That's kinda doing it backwards. You have to farm minions with Warmogs to bring out its full potential. If you're getting it 35 minutes into a game it won't be nearly as beneficial as it would be if you got it early.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FlightOfHeaven said:

You know, if you type "League of Legends Builds" into google. You'll find 2 or 3 good sites with some builds, because every time you come in here with another new build. There is something that goes against nature in it. :lol

Kyoufu

Here is a build for any tank:

Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, boots of your choice, sunfire cape(s).

There you go, you're unstoppable.

Rayven

aka surume
Kyoufu said:

Provides no cdr. i go Randuins, Aegis, Banshee, FoN

sohois

Kyoufu said:

sunfire capes don't stack anymore, there's not much point in getting one unless your chosen tank has trouble farming - which is basically just shen.

dionysus

Yaldog
sohois said:
sunfire capes don't stack anymore, there's not much point in getting one unless your chosen tank has trouble farming - which is basically just shen.

Good assist money too if your tank doesn't have an aoe, it will pay for itself in team fights quickly. So yea, shen basically needs it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
urgotrawr.jpg

:lol me and the mundo owned so hard this game. I had 450 attack at like level 16 :lol

VaLiancY

Abilities:

Renekton uses a new resource system called Fury. Renekton gains Fury by attacking or dealing damage with spells. When he has gathered enough Fury, the resource will be expended to empower his skills with bonus effects.

Tyrant’s Reach: Renekton cleaves, dealing damage to nearby enemies and healing for 20% of the damage dealt. Each target hit grants 5 fury, up to 25. Deals double damage to champions.

When Renekton is has more than 50 Fury he heals for 60% of damage dealt. Consumes 50 Fury.

Ruthless Predator: Renekton’s next attack will swing twice dealing a percentage of his Attack Damage as physical damage and stunning his target for 0.75 seconds. Applies on-hit effects.

When Renekton has more than 50 Fury, his next attack will swing three times dealing a percentage of his Attack Damage and stunning his target for 1.5 seconds. Consumes 50 Fury.

Slice and Dice: Renekton dashes forward, dealing physical damage to targets along the way. If he hits a target, he gains 5/7.5/10/12.5/15 Fury and the cooldown is refreshed. This refresh cannot happen more than once every few seconds.

Dominus (Ultimate): Renekton empowers himself with dark energies, gaining increased size and health for 15 seconds. While empowered, he deals additional magic damage and generates 5 Fury per second.

Reign of Anger (Passive): Renekton gains 5 Fury per autoattack. Having sufficient fury empowers Renekton’s abilities with bonus effects, but this drains Fury. Out of combat, Renekton loses 5 Fury per second.

When Renekton is below 40% life, he gains bonus armor and magic resistance.

His ult sounds exactly like Nasus but that's not a problem since I love his ult.

Source

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
Maybe I should start posting some of my higher scores like he does every time. Some of my games are just as impressive.
I really don't get those games, I seldom play the Damage carry. I think my last one was a 12/1/14 Jax 4 or 5 days ago. :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
With scores like that, how do you lose?

Pugs suck that's all.

EXGN said:
Don't people ever focus you? Whenever I see an all AD Urgot during late game my mouth starts to water.

I save flash and ghost for big team fights and burn them to escape once focused, if the team chases they get raped, if they don't I come back and pick them all off.

thestopsign said:
Maybe I should start posting some of my higher scores like he does every time. Some of my games are just as impressive.

I mostly do it to show that Urgot doesn't suck he's actually kinda broken once you get the hang of how to play and gank with him. There are plenty of times the game time hits 20 minutes and I already have 6 or more kills. Of course I hate when people dont give me mid so I can farm off free kills in mid and help gank either lane.... which is why I hate pugs =P

Most pug mids just freaking sit in mid all day :lol

Hey guys, just thought I should mention something that I've been using for the past few months to keep track of my stats.

http://www.lolbase.net/downloads

Works really well, basically uploads the log files from your past ten matches and compiles them online. Don't be surprised if you already have a few matches up there as when other people in your games upload, they go to your account too. This feeds my inner need for stat tracking, something the game is severely lacking in, besides in Ranked.

I just came back from an epic game.

I'm playing Veigar, and we're down 17 - 0.

Yeah.

Somehow we rally to comeback for the win, 31 - 47. Their TF even backdoored. It really helped that I could nuke their AP heros (Kat, Morgana, Sion) into oblivion.

So good. So unexpected.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I gave Urgot a try my last game. We lost, one was afk the entire game after the first 10 minutes(So we were going lose anyways, since we couldn't do shit about the free farm mundo from then on).

So our middle abandons to go stop him and I get to fight a Karth 3 levels up. It's not even fucking funny. The spam of autolock Q. He couldn't do shit.

sohois

shintoki said:
So I gave Urgot a try my last game. We lost, one was afk the entire game after the first 10 minutes(So we were going lose anyways, since we couldn't do shit about the free farm mundo from then on).

So our middle abandons to go stop him and I get to fight a Karth 3 levels up. It's not even fucking funny. The spam of autolock Q. He couldn't do shit.

i tried out Urgot for the first time recently and also went 4v5 like 5 mins in. However, we actually won that one (only my 2nd 4 v 5 victory), strangely enough because we had an excellent Mundo who dominated the other team. I did okay with Urgot, he's fun to play but i don't think i'll stick with him.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
sohois said:
i tried out Urgot for the first time recently and also went 4v5 like 5 mins in. However, we actually won that one (only my 2nd 4 v 5 victory), strangely enough because we had an excellent Mundo who dominated the other team. I did okay with Urgot, he's fun to play but i don't think i'll stick with him.
Well, we also had an Anna who was an idiot and let them get fed. 5 deaths in the first 12 minutes. And all she was doing was stealing potential exp till I switched to center.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shintoki said:

No heroes can really do anything about urgot which is why it's retarded when pugs don't let you go mid, you prevent their hero from farming or you straight up kill them.

sohois

Castor Krieg said:
Started playing today. Finished tutorials, have 497 IP. What is a nice character for new players? I'm thinking of buying Master Yi.

All the 450ip champs are simple to play, just depends on what kind of role you like to play. Yi, Ashe, Sivir & Kayle are dps, soraka is support and Nunu is tank/mage.

My advice would be to stick with the free champs for 2 weeks, which should give you the opportunity to play 20 different ones and pick one you like.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
QisTopTier said:
No heroes can really do anything about urgot which is why it's retarded when pugs don't let you go mid, you prevent their hero from farming or you straight up kill them.
It's not even funny. Poison AE, Spam needle launcher. You get about 2-3 hits every time with the needle in before it goes away. Any squishy, I can just fucking bump rush. Played two more with him. I held a lane down perfectly against a Sion+Kat as solo. With our jungle, picked up 4 kills in the first 10 minutes. I just couldn't bum rush the two alone. Other game they gave me a Kog... They switched him then for their panth in center. Basically I had 7 kills in 12 minutes, all solo. lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lead Based Paint said:
I see people are discovering the crabpeoples pride
Sorry Avi, Your wall, Flash, and egg isn't going save you. Even with Shen hitting on me at the same time. Sad thing is, I still haven't got center with him yet. Always the corner and normally with two on the other team, so It's harder to bum rush.

My team was getting pissed at how much shit I was talking. He's just so great at harassing though.

JoeFu

Banned
Just saw the graphics update preview and I'm not digging it. The colors look muted and the characters don't stand out as much. I really liked the art style and hope things don't get too colorless.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Went with Udyr for the remaining 3150 I had, probably get Nasus next. Looks like I'm switching from support to tank hybrids

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alistar update for god tier =D

Pulverize - reduced cooldown at upper ranks, reduced stun duration, increased AoE size

Headbutt - deals more damage, reduced cooldown at upper ranks, can target minions

Triumphant Roar - reduced cost, effect, and cooldown by about 15%

Unbreakable Will - provides movement speed instead of attack damage

Trample passive - on casting a spell, Alistar gains AoE damage (like Tremors) and can walk through units for 3 seconds.

QisTopTier said:
Alistar update for god tier =D

Pulverize - reduced cooldown at upper ranks, reduced stun duration, increased AoE size

Headbutt - deals more damage, reduced cooldown at upper ranks, can target minions

Triumphant Roar - reduced cost, effect, and cooldown by about 15%

Unbreakable Will - provides movement speed instead of attack damage

Trample passive - on casting a spell, Alistar gains AoE damage (like Tremors) and can walk through units for 3 seconds.

source?

I just wanna see the rest of the updates, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom