• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

I just got into this game and i'm hooked. I'm really getting a feel for Ashe and do really well with her. I'm looking for a good tank champion to start getting use to as well. What do you guys consider a pretty good tank champ to use?

Aesthet1c

Ferny73 said:
I just got into this game and i'm hooked. I'm really getting a feel for Ashe and do really well with her. I'm looking for a good tank champion to start getting use to as well. What do you guys consider a pretty good tank champ to use?

Rammus is probably one of the best tank champs in the game in my opinion.

VaLiancY

New skins info. That Garen skin looks cool and I really like this bundle of skins more than any other champion release. Two high quality looking skins, that's a day one right there.

And I think this is the best piece of fanart for League of Legends I've seen in a while. It reminds me of Berserk and Vinland Saga art style with some liberties NSFW

Find Ezreal.

Azar

VaLiancY said:
And I think this is the best piece of fanart for League of Legends I've seen in a while. It reminds me of Berserk and Vinland Saga art style with some liberties NSFW

Find Ezreal.
I had fun labeling everyone. Don't think I got any wrong, but there were two I couldn't figure out. And I could've missed someone in the crowd.

Leezard

Azar said:
I had fun labeling everyone. Don't think I got any wrong, but there were two I couldn't figure out. And I could've missed someone in the crowd.
I think Kennen is sitting there playing cards with Karthus and Master Yi, right behind Nunu.
Also, the one you have labeled as Ashe should be Kayle (or a strange Morgana?); look at her wings. Her helmet is just lying at the table.

Erasus

Ferny73 said:

Rammus, Amumu, Shen are the best tanks I think. Rammus is god against a physical dps team. Armour gives atk power!

Kunan

I find it kind of ridiculous that they always update the website at the same time as the game. What is the point of having a link when the game's busy to check out server status if the website is down too. You would think that during one of their myriad all day down times they would keep the site up at least so people have a place to chat and to figure out when things will be back up xD

Kunan

VaLiancY said:
I love Rene from a game design and looks. He's so fun to psycho crusher in, cleave and drill move out.
He def looks like alot of fun! My two new favs are Urgot and Soraka. Like Malzahar, a Rylais seems to really make Soraka.

I'm loving, loving the Nasus buff. It might not seem like much, but it scales his damage soooo much late game, or even early game if you are good at last hitting.

Wes said:
Are the servers still down/suffering problems? Taking me ages to connect.

Something is fucked up somewhere. I've been able to get in, but have been disconnected from a game once, which never happens to me.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rage inducing. Tried of fuckers banning tanks, then expecting the last person to own every goddamn tank and tank. So when it's your turn to pick(3 you own are banned, One is already picked), and the free ones are all gone but Blitz. The only thing I can say is fuck you.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone think Rammus is overpowered?

I recently bought him after being convinced that he was the reason we lost a game horribly. And then I played him and...

Did the same thing to other people. lol

Was on a terrible team that fed early and was completely disorganized(half our team was pushing mid while their whole team was destroying top and killing the one man guarding it) and I feel I singlehandedly pulled them together and won the game.

I would powerball in and counter gank consistently, saving my teammates from giving up dumb deaths.(atleast without taking kills) My build was solid so I wasn't dying. In team fights I always picked the squishy damage dealers and my team was atleast smart enough to focus the person I pulled. and at the end in this one crazy push I was like, chain dropping towers with my ult and honestly believe it was impossible for the other team to come close to killing me.

at one point one of our players left and no one even noticed. We went from being dominated 5v5 to decisively dominating as a 4v5. Simply because of Rammus.

His skills have amazing synergy, he has some of the highest mobility in the game, he's great at farming and taunt is just such a unbelievably good initiator.( the nerf didn't do shit)

am I just stuck playing with bad players or is he just too good?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I tried Rammus just there, now I'm awful and so was the other team, but I still went like 8/1/16 and they had no chance of killing me by the end.

sohois

Chopperman said:
Does anyone think Rammus is overpowered?

I recently bought him after being convinced that he was the reason we lost a game horribly. And then I played him and...

Did the same thing to other people. lol

Was on a terrible team that fed early and was completely disorganized(half our team was pushing mid while their whole team was destroying top and killing the one man guarding it) and I feel I singlehandedly pulled them together and won the game.

I would powerball in and counter gank consistently, saving my teammates from giving up dumb deaths.(atleast without taking kills) My build was solid so I wasn't dying. In team fights I always picked the squishy damage dealers and my team was atleast smart enough to focus the person I pulled. and at the end in this one crazy push I was like, chain dropping towers with my ult and honestly believe it was impossible for the other team to come close to killing me.

at one point one of our players left and no one even noticed. We went from being dominated 5v5 to decisively dominating as a 4v5. Simply because of Rammus.

His skills have amazing synergy, he has some of the highest mobility in the game, he's great at farming and taunt is just such a unbelievably good initiator.( the nerf didn't do shit)

am I just stuck playing with bad players or is he just too good?

I was maining rammus for a while until he started getting banned every game and i definately think he's just a pubstomper. Yes he is also a very good tank in general but Shen & amumu are both just as good. Rammus is just a bit easier to play than the other 2, and he's also a slightly superior jungler to the others.

The main disadvantage about rammus is that there is only 1 reason to target him, and that's the taunt, whereas Shen can taunt multiple targets and amumu has his ult. The best way to deal with rammus is good positioning. What you need is for your tanks to simply stand at the front and have them take his powerball. Once he initiates, just ignore him. Most low elo players just cannot see an enemy champ without throwing everything they have at him, all rammus has to do is q in and use his w and everyone just burns all their abilities, leaving an easy victory for rammus' team as they kill all the damage dealers.

VaLiancY

I don't think he's overpowered. Just strong. Ability to gank, some really good CCs, mobility and can destroy towers. And his W became godlike when it scaled off 10% of his armor.

Cels

LonelyIsland said:
This just in, rumours about reworking vlad. :(

this sucks too, I've been averaging a 3:1:2 ratio with him.

yea, there was a long thread on the official forums last week about how morello believes vlad's playstyle in lane is all reward and no risk and too annoying for other players - especially his Q - he comes up to poke you and you do damage to him to punish but he just takes it since since he heals with Q which is a free move...they nerfed kennen this patch for similar reasons, as an energy-based champion his shuriken was annoying for similar reasons

all that being said, this doesn't mean he's getting nerfed, just a rework...so maybe his power will be at the same level, just that his Q won't be as annoying to opposing laners

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did it take that long for Riot to realize free spammables are not fun to play against?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm pretty bad at the game and I was doing pretty awesome with Vlad, so I could see a nerf being justified.

Cels

FlightOfHeaven said:
Laning against Vlad as a squishy (Tristana) is a nightmare. Around level 6, it's impossible.

Tristana is one of the few good laners against Vlad

Long range (you will outrange Vlad's Q by level 6) meaning you can punish him more easily as you level
Explosive shot will reduce his healing, decreasing his health advantage
Can escape with Rocket Jump or use Buster Shot to knock away

I suck, so I'd rapidly get hit by his Q. Only way for me to counter is by getting life leech early, so I can strike him as he approaches, as he casts, and as he runs.

Then it becomes a game of attrition, and that's still unpleasant.

Ferny

Hey can I be added to the first page. Username is kurruptt. If anyone wants to get some games in just let me know. Im getting tired of people leaving and play 3v5 games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LonelyIsland said:
This just in, rumours about reworking vlad. :(

this sucks too, I've been averaging a 3:1:2 ratio with him.
I don't see any problem with this. He's always been far too much of a snowball character as it is, where the opposite has to beat him in the first 4 levels. Specific when a Vlad stacks AP/Cooldown runes. As someone already describe, he's all reward no risk.

I definitely see a Mundo nerf in the future too.

Cels

Door2Dawn said:
Yeah they really need to look into Mundo, he can be pretty ridiculous. Especially his ultimate.

Any champion - Ignite
Miss Fortune, Tristana, Gangplank, Katarina (maybe i'm leaving out someone?)

Mundo is fine IMO, but one thing that is annoying is that a Mundo with GA receives the regen from his R during the reviving animation. That's probably a bug though.

LonelyIsland said:
It's weird that people start to rage about certain heroes when they're free.

>_>

People have anticipated a Vlad change for a while...the point where it got pretty bad was with the Zhonya split. His "free gold" passive and Q are most likely to change

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Cels said:
Any champion - Ignite
Unless your team has chain ignites, His ult is going be too overwhelming. I don't think he really needs too much of a fix. Just increase the cooldown on Cleave throw and knock his ult up to like 90seconds. Basically, less spammable and see how it goes from there.

LonelyIsland said:
It's weird that people start to rage about certain heroes when they're free.

>_>
Character I play is relatively easy and about to be nerfed. Clearly people are ragers!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Do alot of GAFfers play with each other? I'm getting kinda bored of HoN and want to get back into LoL, but I do not want to pull my hair out soloing.

My account is like level 22 and I don't rage (to people I know :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom