• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
theladyoflazerpewpew.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's how Nasus rolls, hardcore up in this bitch. :p God I love these carries like Nasus and Mundo. Once they get their ults. Other teams start to cry. They should always have their own lanes

Yeah, I love those great games. Where you are just letting the MF on the other team hit you. And that realization comes... she's doing absolutely no damage to you. Your life leech+defense make it a joke. Then you slow her, hit ult, and then kill her with in Two Q's. Or turret dive their Avi, and just sit there eating the turret as you kill him while he's in Egg. Great times.

I think I just had my best game, not because of my awesome score (though that does help), but because I picked up a hero I never had played before and had some of the sickest saves I've ever seen. Just went 3-0-29 as Janna, in a 30min game (was queueing with four other friends), I picked Flash and Teleport, not really knowing what summoners to go with her. Early on, we got dominated by a Garen and Morde, but they got a bit greedy after my team started 0-8 and started tower diving like motherfuckers. I must have saved my teammates on 15 different occasions. Every one of her spells has some sort of support utility on it, which makes her useful in almost all situations. My favorite was a save on my friend who was playing Rammus. He was at about 100hp, got ignited right as he was running away with Powerball. I flashed to him as he was running away over a wall and shielded him. He got away with 7hp. By late game, they had evened it out enough with their stupidity, then their complete lack of CC made them useless (I don't think they had a single stun between Akali, Garen, Morde, MF, and Soraka).

Was fun.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Janna amateur, you haven't experienced true Janna nirvana till you flash/ult someone into a turret.

Janna is the ultimate denier in the game. The amount of ass you save, can result in multiple dozens a game. Twister+Shield+Ult. Sometimes I just use the ult to push chaser through walls, or use it to knock em into turrets. Not to mention it interrupts all other channel moves in the game. Shen's Jump, Panth's, Nunu's Circle thingy, etc. She also easily builds up the most movement speed in the game. So a lot of times, I just grab the cooldown boots to get my shield down to 6 seconds. Not to mention kill steals with Tornado.

Yeah, she's my favorite. My Avatar on my account is her too ^_^

VaLiancY

March issue of PC Gamer revealed the next two champs after Karma. A big tree elemental looking guy named Moakai and the Demacian Prince, Jarvan IV.

Macattk15

Had a game where I went 8-0-11 with Caitlyn. I found as long as I play like a bitch with her and run everytime anyone gets remotely close to me .... I survive and kill a bunch. I also filled her up with attack speed and armor pen runes .... works well.

Sniped me about 3 of those kills from people who otherwise would of escaped the team.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
shintoki said:
Janna amateur, you haven't experienced true Janna nirvana till you flash/ult someone into a turret.
A poor man's Alistar (although less useless in other places) and Gragas, to be sure!

Nice tits though.

sohois

So up for playing in a GAF game tomorrow so far we have:
ScumbagBlues
Kurruptt
J Rizzle?
JoeFu?

If all 4 of you are available then that would be enough for a full team, just log on at 6pm est tomorrow and i'll try and invite everyone to a game. If anyone else wants to play let me know.

VaLiancY

Door2Dawn said:
Is there an online article?
I'm not sure. I got the information from scans. The Prince artwork looks finalized and is in golden armor with a javelin and the tree dude looks bad ass in what looks like concept art.

NeoCross

shintoki said:
I heard Karma is going be support, I got 4.5k points sitting in my account now. I NEED MORE SUPPORT *TWITCH*

Oh shit yes another champ for me to complete my support line up. I think I've got everything except Taric ;_;

Ferny

I can't wait for the GAF runs later. I'm tired of having games with Afk people or people who just run around not knowing what their doing, yet get mad at you when you try and help lol.

sohois

Gaf game is scheduled to start in 15 mins, hopefully we can get 5 people to play. Anyone who hasn't posted but wants to make themselves available add me, LoL name is the as myGaf name, sohois.

robatw

wtf ashe is so strong. dunno but a lot of people underestimate her..
don't like to brag, but its funny, only 1 lose in my 10 games list.

nVr3F.jpg

and i like how everyone is questioning my armor penetration build in the beginning of a game.

sohois

Door2Dawn said:
I'll join as well, Goobert00b is my LoL name

didnt see this message, sorry i didnt send an invite or anything.

Anyway, managed to play 2 games with 4 other Gaffers - ScumbagBlues(ScumbagBlues) kurruptt(Ferny73) J Rizzle(Jazzy Network) and AOD Croc (not sure). won 1 and lost 1:
OzGbw.jpg

The first game was a total slaughter by us, J Rizzle in particular dominated. My stats look good for Nunu, though as i was a jungle i stole a lot of kills during ganks, the whole team generally just destroyed them in every teamfight and anyone could have got a lot of kills easily. A good start for gaf

PK2ol.jpg

The second game was a rather embarrasing loss, looking at their team comp. In terms of kills we weren't actually that far apart, what really hurt us was kurruptt unfortunately suffering from computer troubles, which allowed Malz to feed for a few kills before he disconnected to fix it, which left the team lagging in terms of levels. Malz mejais stacks prevented us from ever really coming back even when kurruptt returned.

all in all it was fun to play with other gaffers, in particular when we lost there was no bitching or rage unlike in pub games. I hope to arrange more in future for those who couldn't play this time.

Ferny

Yeah I had a lot of fun in both games. Like I said in the game, im sorry aboutt the whole problems. I gave em like two free kills it sucked. Thanks for the invite though.

sohois

Archie said:
That second game was hilarious because of the other team's 5 man gank of blue at the beginning.

It seemed like for the first 5mins of that match was a contest for the strangest place to have a teamfight. They didn't even manage to gank any of our team, and i just went and took their golem instead.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well, I'm definitely going be buying Vlad for next patch. They are basically gutting runes on mana regn and masteries, saying they are buffing base level ones. But I have this feeling it's not going be enough and the spammable classes just get more powerful.

shintoki said:
Well, I'm definitely going be buying Vlad for next patch. They are basically gutting runes on mana regn and masteries, saying they are buffing base level ones. But I have this feeling it's not going be enough and the spammable classes just get more powerful.

If Vlad isn't nerfed, imma hit a child (not really, please don't hurt me!). I'm getting tired of his shit, his turn being OP has been long overextended, it has been like five months, and they still can't control that shit.

Rammus is getting nerfed as well, not sure how yet though. Buff to Renekton seems pretty substantial from the way they described it, hopefully he'll be able to do some damage or tank or be useful in someway now. Alistair should be getting a buff too. After those buffs/nerfs I don't think there will be any glaring balance issues. Maybe Malphite or Panth still, but they aren't that severe.

I'm mainly waiting for some new feature that is relevant to me, like Replays or Oberserver mode. If either of those are implemented, it will make the game immensely more entertaining.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
If Vlad isn't nerfed, imma hit a child (not really, please don't hurt me!). I'm getting tired of his shit, his turn being OP has been long overextended, it has been like five months, and they still can't control that shit.
It's worse actually. From what I picked up, they are nerfing HP runes and Mana Regen runes/masteries. Basically a lot of stuff Squishies rely on at the start. While jacking up self healing. So basically characters like him, Mundo, and Shen get a small buff. While nearly every mana regen class is getting a nerf.

robatw

watching a stream from solomidtv and even in high elo they just calling names all the time.

the lol community is so fucked up...too bad.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Today was a bad day. I went 1-4. Rammus needs to go F2P again. :(

The only bright spot is I trolled some kid who was raging at the team.

sohois

So after the success of the previous GAF game, i figured i'd go ahead an arrange another for this week - its pretty difficult to randomly get 5 people all on at the same time and ready to play a match so i thought regular arrangments were better.

The time will be Friday at 6pm est, decided on Friday since FlightofHeaven specifically said he could make weekdays. If people can't make Friday but want to play with GAF let me know and i'll arrange one in future on a date that you can make.

Same deal as last time, let me know if you can play and make sure you're on my friends list, then simply log on at the required time and i'll invite. Hope to play with you on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom