• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

FlightOfHeaven said:
Mundo is busted. He's impossible to kill late game unless you have at least 2 other heros on him.

True but his damage output is rather poop. Just ignore him in team fights or CC him then kill his team.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Mundo is busted. He's impossible to kill late game unless you have at least 2 other heros on him.

Boots of Mobility + Ghost + Ult = Fast motherfucker.

Also, ran into my first Fortify + Teleport team. needless to say they need to change Fortify to 50% less damage taken or something. In its current state you need to wipe the enemy team in order to kill one turret which just isn't right. Fix that and remove Tryde, Panth and Vlad from the game.

Jokey665

CrazedProfessional said:
Boots of Mobility + Ghost + Ult = Fast motherfucker.

Also, ran into my first Fortify + Teleport team. needless to say they need to change Fortify to 50% less damage taken or something. In its current state you need to wipe the enemy team in order to kill one turret which just isn't right. Fix that and remove Tryde, Panth and Vlad from the game.
wiping the team doesn't even matter. fortify can be used while dead.

anyway, if you think that's bad just wait until you fight a team with karthus, shen, pantheon, twisted fate, and soraka where they all have revive, and shen/panth/tf have fortify while the others have teleport. they are always everywhere forever

Jokey665 said:
wiping the team doesn't even matter. fortify can be used while dead.

anyway, if you think that's bad just wait until you fight a team with karthus, shen, pantheon, twisted fate, and soraka where they all have revive, and shen/panth/tf have fortify while the others have teleport. they are always everywhere forever

This obviously needs to be fixed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Macattk15 said:
True but his damage output is rather poop. Just ignore him in team fights or CC him then kill his team.
That's false, his Cleave is a flat %. He can have a constant AE, and he increases damage based on health lost. Normally if you just throw on something like Atma. He'll be 300AD+ once in combat. That definitely isn't weak for how much punishment he can take and still easily be able to get away. He's similar to Nasus and Udyr, except has the super speed/CC reduction. Making him even better as the off tank to just blast through and mess of the other team's squishies.

shintoki said:
That's false, his Cleave is a flat %. He can have a constant AE, and he increases damage based on health lost. Normally if you just throw on something like Atma. He'll be 300AD+ once in combat. That definitely isn't weak for how much punishment he can take and still easily be able to get away. He's similar to Nasus and Udyr, except has the super speed/CC reduction. Making him even better as the off tank to just blast through and mess of the other team's squishies.

Cleavers at Turret hugging hussies to weaken them and rush the turret with the rest of your team feels so good but it's like you're fighting a bunch of cripples.

LiamExe

witchedwiz said:
is it eu or us thread? if it's eu, add me :p
witchedwiz84
I was just about to ask if there was any other EU players about. I'll add you. :D

Any other people that use the EU client lurking about? I'd love to be able play some games with fellow GAF members. There's just too much rage and pressure from the random people in matchmaking. :(

Summoner name is: LiamExe.
And my level is 30 if it matters.

Chumly

I just want to say that this game is really really broken when it comes to leavers. If you have a leaver on your team your completely and utterly fucked.

Erasus

Chumly said:
I just want to say that this game is really really broken when it comes to leavers. If you have a leaver on your team your completely and utterly fucked.

Not always, but most of the time yea. They are developing a new system to punish leavers more.

Chumly

Erasus said:
Not always, but most of the time yea. They are developing a new system to punish leavers more.
The main problem is that lots of people have multiple accounts so they don't even care.

Honestly I've never had a game where I've lost when the other team is down a player or won a game where my teams been down a player. You might be able to "win" the battle for a while but eventually it just becomes overwhelming if the other team has the extra player no matter how much they suck.

You can definitely win 4v5. Does it happen a lot? No. I've won at least 10 since I've started playing though, including one 3v5. Leavers haven't been a huge problem for me lately, normally if someone disconnects, they reconnect within a minute or two. Raging has been much, much less common.

Balance-wise, I think Riot only needs to focus on a few things. Vlad, who really just isn't fun to play against. I've said it before, but his risk ---> reward is just so low on the risk and so high on the reward to be fair. Rammus is a little OP just due to his taunt. Mundo just needs a little longer on his cool downs for all his spells, especially the ultimate. That's about it.

People complain about Pantheon and Eve, but really, they are probably not level 30 yet. Those two champs are clear pubstompers, champs that are really easy to kill inexperienced players with. To those that are playing against Fortify + Revive/Teleport teams, if you are truly beating them, their fortifies shouldn't matter. It can sway close matches though, but just remember, for team fights you guys have the huge advantage of useful summoner spells, while they don't.

My record kinda blows, but...

Yeah, 4v5 is definitely winnable, but it is such an uphill battle.

One of the most epic, unbalanced matches I had was when I was below level 10. I was Tristana and it was 2v5, if not 1v5. Since everyone else was inexperienced, I managed to defend the base when it was being overrun via two lanes by myself. Eventually my teammates returned and we were able to push back and win.

I don't expect that to happen ever again.

thestopsign said:
People complain about Pantheon and Eve, but really, they are probably not level 30 yet. Those two champs are clear pubstompers, champs that are really easy to kill inexperienced players with. To those that are playing against Fortify + Revive/Teleport teams, if you are truly beating them, their fortifies shouldn't matter. It can sway close matches though, but just remember, for team fights you guys have the huge advantage of useful summoner spells, while they don't.

Eve I agree with but Panth is just way too much for pretty much every character. Ult in, kill two people, exhaust on the third and kill him, Repeat. This is especially true when he gets 3 Dorans Blades/Longswords up, nobody can touch him until atleast level 14. By then probably 1 or 2 of your towers are down. Panth definitely needs a second look at.

In team fights Forify teams usually take advantage of turret hugging since one of you has to push. I dunno about you but it'd have to be late game and your team not having all or any of your turrets down in order to be effective at all. With teleport there's no backdooring either, so good luck winning.

the only problem I have with Panth is seeing that red circle when he ults.

for some reason it's broken now, I used to see it, but it's gone.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
CrazedProfessional said:
Eve I agree with but Panth is just way too much for pretty much every character. Ult in, kill two people, exhaust on the third and kill him, Repeat. This is especially true when he gets 3 Dorans Blades/Longswords up, nobody can touch him until atleast level 14. By then probably 1 or 2 of your towers are down. Panth definitely needs a second look at.
If your letting Panth do that, I'd say your pretty bad. Eve and Shaco are the other common ones, that players think are overpowered. But as long as you play defensive to start. You neutralize their character. If they can not get those 4 or 5 kills quickly(First 15 minutes)... It means they'll be useless for the rest of the game. But if they can get those ones, it means they'll be able to quickly jump around and add a few more in. They are pure snowball or die characters. There is no second chance for them.

Talking about 4 v 5 wins, just had one. Had a massive wanker. Came in late, went right to center, whining and crying how he wants it. Forces our center to leave. Gets killed twice. Had something like 7 minion kills 15 minutes in. Basically did nothing. We get pushed back to our base to final two turrets. Win a few, get a Baron and then after the hubs came back up. Went into the forest. Their Garen decided to backdoor while we take out their side ones. We catch the other four trying to catch us off guard. Nice way to put it. By the end, my entire team was following my Nasus like flies on shit. Kill all 4 and it's GG from then on.

mgnehhh...
heck, if you have an eve against your lane there are a few options
1) try to ask to whoever gets the fb on your team to back, buy a ward and place it on your lane (viable ONLY if your lane is 2x squishy/2x no cc.. that would make laning against a GOOD eve hell... but whoever fb need to have teleport else it involves too much random shit)
2) play undertower, try to reach 140g asap, back --> buy ward --> run to your lane --> place ward and see eve cry...
most of those who whine about eve are
1) squishy that don't want to spend money on wards for baron (a ward that can turn the game), so they can't even consider a ward for catching eve in early game..
2) nubcacke that can't be made to understand that if you have an eve against you, you can't CAN'T rush ahed toward a tower with 30% hp and hope to survive..
3) idiots who don't realize how gamebreaking oracle is against stealthers when travelling in group..

pantheon complain i can accept.. :L

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
CrazedProfessional said:
I never get killed by Panth, he kills everyone else. After level 6 it's very hard to push a lane without a tank in there to soak up Panth and his damage.
You can still push, you just have to know when and if your character is capable of handling it. This is 90% of the game. Map awareness and knowing characters capabilities.

For example, my trinity of favorite carries. Udyr, Mundo, and Nasus can all easily take the damage and jet out of there. If given my own lane. Kill the mother fucker lol. He's harmless after he burns his combo.

As Janna, I start the twister right away as I see the dot and stand in front of it. Or better if he does it right when I'm next to my turret. I'll just ult his ass back into it as he lands(Timing as to be key). You could also pick flash where if you anticipate it, you can flash out of range easy enough. In general, most characters do have a solid counter for it to the point where it can only completely take it out of the game, except in group fights(Again excels early on, but harmless late game). And as you said, by mid game as long as you haven't fed. Every single tank is going be eating his combo up with a grin still on their face.

And if its everybody else, then it's just a poor luck of the draw. It happens to us all. You'll get teams where people get slaughter by a Shaco, Panth or Eve. Other teams, I'll get teams that literally skull fuck them the entire game(Dozen+ deaths min to them). 3 out of my last 4 games, I had 4 assholes. One ragequitter as mentioned above, two intentional feeders(They got in the game, spammed and then intentionally fed 20 kills in 15 minutes), and followed with the typical... My team sucks person with 8 deaths, zero kills, zero assists, and at least cause 2-3 other deaths.

Haven't played this for months, just got an email with a code from some free characters and skins if I'd return... I think I'm going to return :D

Chumly

Ok so I did just win a game where we were down a person. Went 21-2-4 with Veigar
though. I was pretty much blowing people away. We were down 6-12 when we had our ragequitter (I had the only kills). I gotta say it was pretty fucking satisfying winning that game.

n0b

I finally think I am figuring out the game.

3 games straight with a good score:
18/5/4
27/2/6
16/7/12

Playing pantheon, pretty low level games, but still, none of these were really pushovers, and the last one was a 4v5. Got people complaining about pantheon being op in the 4v5, even though I was playing catchup until mid-game. Panth damage is fun, but he dies so easily if you know how to fight him.

BloodElfHunter said:
Haven't played this for months, just got an email with a code from some free characters and skins if I'd return... I think I'm going to return :D
if anyone has those codes and dones't want to play again, feel free to share the love..
I'd love some skin, but considering i bought the collctor edition already, i really don't feel like pumping more money into this :X
heck, hon at least gives me the skin for in-game points too :/

Macattk15

15-1-17 with Cassiopeia in my last game. She really is quite fun to play when you build some items to avoid being squished and play defensively behind your tanks.

Her ult when you have time to position yourself properly can complete bone an attacking team.

Not to mention nearing the end of the game I had 705 AP on her which basically allowed me to spam 700 damage Twin Fangs around with my Poison on people.

JoeFu

Banned
n0b said:
I finally think I am figuring out the game.

3 games straight with a good score:
18/5/4
27/2/6
16/7/12

Playing pantheon, pretty low level games, but still, none of these were really pushovers, and the last one was a 4v5. Got people complaining about pantheon being op in the 4v5, even though I was playing catchup until mid-game. Panth damage is fun, but he dies so easily if you know how to fight him.

That 4v5 was fun. We would wreck them so badly in team fights.

Ferny

So I finally got around to learning and using Master Yi and boy if built up right, he's a beast. If the items and all that is done right, he is hard to stop.

So far ive gotten pretty good with MF, Ashe, Yi, and Panth. I need to develop some tank champions.

thestopsign said:
How can you only one hero? That would bore me to tears. I see Mundo often enough, as a tank he doesn't really hit his stride until late in the game, so if he has a bad start, he is sort of fucked. He also shouldn't be the only tank on the team, there should be at least another off tank with decent CC like Blitz or someone. A lot of ranked games, I get two geniuses that think having a Morde and Mundo on the same team is a great idea until the other team with all of their CC rapes us.

As for Vlad, yea, he is really fucking annoying. They need to make him more risk for reward, rather than allowing him just to sit back and spam Q every three seconds after lvl 9.

When I hit level 20 I had the idea that I should pick a character, make a rune page then pick another after that is finished and repeat. I'm like 5 levels from 30.

idlewild_

CrazedProfessional said:
When I hit level 20 I had the idea that I should pick a character, make a rune page then pick another after that is finished and repeat. I'm like 5 levels from 30.

Pick the standard runes (HP quints, arp/mp marks, regen seals, cdr glyphs). These are also some of the cheaper primaries and you'll have a page that will work very well on almost all physical/caster champions.

Macattk15

VaLiancY said:
I have to buy these two champions. I got burned by buying Cass but Renekon was really good and these two champions sound really nice.

Shrug. I've done nothing but wrecked face with Cass since I bought her ... in both Ranked and Normal games.

Waiting for the team to start fighting and running in and ult'ing in the best possible position really f's up a team while they are all standing in my slow poison and explosive poison.

I gotta try Renekton.

idlewild_

Macattk15 said:
Shrug. I've done nothing but wrecked face with Cass since I bought her ... in both Ranked and Normal games.

Waiting for the team to start fighting and running in and ult'ing in the best possible position really f's up a team while they are all standing in my slow poison and explosive poison.

I gotta try Renekton.

Renekton is a beast after the buffs. Imho they went a little too far, you're almost guaranteed at least one kill, a lot of times a double, as soon as you hit 6.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
idlewild_ said:
Renekton is a beast after the buffs. Imho they went a little too far, you're almost guaranteed at least one kill, a lot of times a double, as soon as you hit 6.
You mean it's similar to Nasus, except has a higher damage out put and better catching abilities. Minute Nasus gets hit ult, it's the same thing. Commence the fucking of up of anyone in your lane.

Two losses in a row, followed by a nice win. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom