• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sohois said:
So after the success of the previous GAF game, i figured i'd go ahead an arrange another for this week - its pretty difficult to randomly get 5 people all on at the same time and ready to play a match so i thought regular arrangments were better.

The time will be Friday at 6pm est, decided on Friday since FlightofHeaven specifically said he could make weekdays. If people can't make Friday but want to play with GAF let me know and i'll arrange one in future on a date that you can make.

Same deal as last time, let me know if you can play and make sure you're on my friends list, then simply log on at the required time and i'll invite. Hope to play with you on Friday.

So for everyone, what I would recommend is that you guys create a separate folder of usernames specifically for GAF. If you see three or four people in that folder on, make a game. I think we have enough people on here to start having random games.

If you want to add me, I'm Chronos in game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Serious question: why the hell do patch days cause so much downtime? I've been wanting to play for several hours now and I'm getting frustrated.

Rayven

aka surume
Archie said:
Serious question: why the hell do patch days cause so much downtime? I've been wanting to play for several hours now and I'm getting frustrated.
Some patches take longer than others depending on what is being deployed.

Karma is preeeetty sick.

Good ability power ratios, a big heal (tied with big damage) and a burst damage shield that's better than sion's with only slightly worse AP ratio (like .8? .85, something like that.) Decent cooldowns, too.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
tbJzE.jpg

Too epic. I also had some clutch saves with Zil.

sohois said:
So after the success of the previous GAF game, i figured i'd go ahead an arrange another for this week - its pretty difficult to randomly get 5 people all on at the same time and ready to play a match so i thought regular arrangments were better.

The time will be Friday at 6pm est, decided on Friday since FlightofHeaven specifically said he could make weekdays. If people can't make Friday but want to play with GAF let me know and i'll arrange one in future on a date that you can make.

Same deal as last time, let me know if you can play and make sure you're on my friends list, then simply log on at the required time and i'll invite. Hope to play with you on Friday.

Wow, now I HAVE to make it this Friday. Thanks, guys! I'll try my damnedest to NOT be total shit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Archie said:
New hero is pretty complex. I'm not sure if I should go fan over shield or vice versa.
Sounds like my type of Hero. Ones that require the pre-game set up of what you have to do.

Wes

venison crêpe
After some complete sod wailed at me after I had one bad game as Morgana (after winning 8 on the trot with her) because I missed a few skill shots I've decided not to play anymore whilst I grind IP to get Galio.

Any suggestions? Currently thinking Zil. I like dropping spells then running away for 5 seconds and doing it all again.

Wes said:
After some complete sod wailed at me after I had one bad game as Morgana (after winning 8 on the trot with her) because I missed a few skill shots I've decided not to play anymore whilst I grind IP to get Galio.

Any suggestions? Currently thinking Zil. I like dropping spells then running away for 5 seconds and doing it all again.

You've decided not to play Morgana, or the game? Zilean is always good on a team, good mix of support and being really fucking annoying. One of the hardest champs in the game to lane against. If you want to stick to spellcasters, Annie and Anivia are also some of the best in the game. I don't know why Anivia isn't banned more in ranked, but the team with one almost always wins.

I also wouldn't play specifically to grind IP. That sounds boring and tedious. I see the IP more of an extra reward for playing, something I don't really pay attention to until I see that I have enough for a new champ.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
I don't know why Anivia isn't banned more in ranked, but the team with one almost always wins.
Never understood this. Most games, people ban in this order. Ram, Panth, Eve, Malph/Anumu. Sometimes they'll replace Panth or Eve with another tank. They waste bans on two dps characters who scale like shit, and if they don't get fed in the first 15 minutes. They become useless mid game through. With the last one, normally on another mediocre just with a good ult. I'd rather ban Avi, Vlad, Mundo, or a few others. Characters that will become trouble after the first 15 minutes.

shintoki said:
Never understood this. Most games, people ban in this order. Ram, Panth, Eve, Malph/Anumu. Sometimes they'll replace Panth or Eve with another tank. They waste bans on two dps characters who scale like shit, and if they don't get fed in the first 15 minutes. They become useless mid game through. With the last one, normally on another mediocre just with a good ult. I'd rather ban Avi, Vlad, Mundo, or a few others. Characters that will become trouble after the first 15 minutes.

Yea, I agree. I also never have good Mundos on my team, while whenever I face them they dominate. Really frustrating.

I play as Mundo exclusively and have never run into anyone else picking him on my team or the other. I get the feeling he's somewhat uncommon. To complain about Mundo of all things though, in that case I hold the notion to remove Vlad from the game.
Or give him fucking Mana, Jesus.

CrazedProfessional said:
I play as Mundo exclusively and have never run into anyone else picking him on my team or the other. I get the feeling he's somewhat uncommon. To complain about Mundo of all things though, in that case I hold the notion to remove Vlad from the game.
Or give him fucking Mana, Jesus.

How can you only one hero? That would bore me to tears. I see Mundo often enough, as a tank he doesn't really hit his stride until late in the game, so if he has a bad start, he is sort of fucked. He also shouldn't be the only tank on the team, there should be at least another off tank with decent CC like Blitz or someone. A lot of ranked games, I get two geniuses that think having a Morde and Mundo on the same team is a great idea until the other team with all of their CC rapes us.

As for Vlad, yea, he is really fucking annoying. They need to make him more risk for reward, rather than allowing him just to sit back and spam Q every three seconds after lvl 9.

Wes

venison crêpe
thestopsign said:
You've decided not to play Morgana, or the game? Zilean is always good on a team, good mix of support and being really fucking annoying. One of the hardest champs in the game to lane against. If you want to stick to spellcasters, Annie and Anivia are also some of the best in the game. I don't know why Anivia isn't banned more in ranked, but the team with one almost always wins.

I also wouldn't play specifically to grind IP. That sounds boring and tedious. I see the IP more of an extra reward for playing, something I don't really pay attention to until I see that I have enough for a new champ.

Just as Morgana. She's still my favourite but just taking a break from playing her.

I stopped grinding IP when I found my European CC worked in the US store! Now to contemplate perfect item orders for Galio...

My win % is only 46.6% and I build IP like mad without boosts. There's no need to grind.

I recently purchased Lux. She seems to be meshing better with me than Veigar is, but Veigar late game can be so scary. Abusing her AoE light ball and her Finales Funkeln is so much fun, especially with cooldown. I demolished other spell casters.

I just hope my curse doesn't hold... I purchase a new hero, win the first 2 or 3 games handily, and then lose horrifically.

Ferny

So started off badly in the game, about 10 wins and 23 or so losses. But finally close to 50% im 27-29. Just two more wins to go!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Humorous game earlier. Last person picks a second support character, typical idiot who comes in with a set character they want to play. Right when the game start, starts talking about how she is being so kind to let someone else get center. But is perfectly capable of doing center herself. So I open my mouth and just call her a bloody idiot. What I got next was a lecture on how to play my character and how she is going to be critiquing me for the rest of the game.

Ferny73 said:
So started off badly in the game, about 10 wins and 23 or so losses. But finally close to 50% im 27-29. Just two more wins to go!

I remember keeping a 50/50 ratio for the longest time. Then when I hit my 70th win/140th game, I just started losing more than I won. When my latest ratio is only because of a streak I hit recently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People remembered that AP teemo is a wonderful troll.

Azar

They boosted his movement buff to be beastly. He gets a constant passive speed boost now, and can activate it for even more movement. He's pretty much the ultimate poking machine with his blow dart and he can just mine an area with mushrooms and gtfo super fast.

idlewild_

You generally start hitting a losing streak around L17-the mid 20s. It's because you start facing high 20s/30s with full masteries/T3 runes who have played the game a lot longer. I remember going from +15 to -5-10 while in that range. Luckily it gets easier once you're in the higher 20s and have your runes/masteries mostly set up,

Cels

Azar said:
They boosted his movement buff to be beastly. He gets a constant passive speed boost now, and can activate it for even more movement. He's pretty much the ultimate poking machine with his blow dart and he can just mine an area with mushrooms and gtfo super fast.

That, and that you no longer lose the speedbuff if you get hit. It was a change b/c MF's strut passive was better than Teemo's MQ

sohois

No one officially said that they'd be available for a GAF game today except for FlightofHeaven, but to anyone that's on today at around 6pmEST i'll be looking to arrange 5 person GAF game so just send me a message in-game or add me if you want to play.

username in Lol is the same as Gaf, sohois. Also FlightofHeaven if you want to play you'll need to either add me as a friend or tell me your username cos i don't have you on my friendslist. Hope to see some Gaffers later.

I want to apologize for not showing today. I had a project that ran UNUSUALLY long. Thanks for the invite, though. Also, my username is SouthernDragon.

sohois

Another round of GAF games tonight, though this time we only had 3 so we ended up playing on TT, not that we were any worse for that as we completely dominated both games. Players were myself, ScumbagBlues(Archie) & walras (not sure)

3yRjM.png

1st game, and really the first time any of the players had played on TT from what i could gather. Walras went jungle Mundo despite being unaware of how to jungle on TT, and i was a crazy DPS shen whilst scumbag played a standard veigar. Mundo jungling really helped us i feel, since TT is such a small map its easy to cover all the routes between the lanes and prevent ganks. I had no trouble in my lane against an unagressive akali while veigar easily handled the 2v1 down below. When it came to teamfights the other team had some early success but our constant grabbing of the jungle buffs allowed us to gain a big advantage later on, which eventually turned into a win, though not before Mundo died twice to their fountain turret.

Unfortunately i failed to take a screenshot of the second match, but I played a jungle Olaf, walras was a Kayle & ScumbagBlues played Teemo (i think) and we were up against Mordekaiser, Ashe & Anivia. Again i had no idea how to jungle in TT but it wasn't really too difficult. Mordekaiser was able to keep Kalye pinned back in her lane whilst Teemo was generally untroubled in the 2v1. It was the jungle that was key again, with Teemo's mines covering every path and us controlling all the buffs we were able to force them into an early surrender. Twas a good game for me, ended up with stats of 9/2/1 i believe.

Sorry you couldn't make it FlightofHeaven, hopefully you can play with some gaffers in the future. Thanks to the other players, looking forward to playing with GaF again sometime.

edit:
Jazzy Network said:
I'll be on tomorrow if you still wanna play Sohois.

I might be one tomorrow, if i see you on i'll invite - we could do some duo queue or something.

Macattk15

Think I'm getting the hang of Cassiopeia. Just get Rod of Ages ... Rylai's ... then build defensive items. Also I use Speed Quints and play really defensively. Poison + 2 Twin Fangs does a surprising amount of damage and her ult wins fights if you can get it to stun a few in a team fight.
Just went 6/0/11 and 8/2/15 in 2 games.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's all about the Janna for me!

2it27gh.jpg

I play others... I've been Nasus or Shen for about 15 games in a row because no other mother fucker ever seems to want to tank. Fuckers. But when I get to play Janna, it's like Magic!

Haly

I think as far as nuker/support goes, Janna is drastically outshone by Lux and Karma.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
I think as far as nuker/support goes, Janna is drastically outshone by Lux and Karma.
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERS!

You forgot to add in Tanka Janna. Nuker, Support, and Tank.

Haly

Alistar is better tank support.

>_>

<_<

Moo

Question:

Are Runes that are not % based worth jack shit? Should I get flat runes, which will aid me early game, or ones that scales with my levels and aid me late game? I looked at my Rune pages (which are admittedly not that great) and I just can't see runes having that great of an affect on gameplay. Masteries definitely do, though.

Macattk15

CrazedProfessional said:
God damn AP Teemo's are in every game I played today and they always take the enemy team to victory.

FUCK.

He is QUITE retarded now. Almost impossible to catch the little fucker.

idlewild_

FlightOfHeaven said:
Question:

Are Runes that are not % based worth jack shit? Should I get flat runes, which will aid me early game, or ones that scales with my levels and aid me late game? I looked at my Rune pages (which are admittedly not that great) and I just can't see runes having that great of an affect on gameplay. Masteries definitely do, though.

arp/mp marks are pretty big, that's a good amount of enemy armor/resist you'll be ignoring throughout the game. health quints are pretty good as well (not as good after the nerf,) but they def help survivability early game. cdr/level glyphs are great on cd constrained champs, and can allow you to buy more useful boots than the cdr ones. mana regen seals can keep champs like mf from needing to spend money on regen items which opens up a slot for a better item. health quints and dodge/armor seals make a lot of champs viable in the jungle where they normally wouldn't be. overall runes do have a fairly significant impact on gameplay. they're not going to make up for being able to consistently last hit or getting fed, but they allow you to build and play differently which can lead to more success in a way that masteries cannot on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom