• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cels

Mr_Guillotine said:
Anyone else having issues with their friend's list?

riot has issues with the client and their servers all the time, so it's probably not just you. i'm not having problems though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
Damn you! My highest is 1313, but I've been stuck around 1260 for months.
1319! Superior!

Might I add, it was with my first time playing Ashe too. Had two baller ults to. Kass was teeing off on our center. Does his Blink, Sphere, Blink. Caught him right as he blinked back(From bot lane) and our jungle goes in. 2nd was Kass again. Rezzed and shot it right to the side, up the middle. Caught him from half court and the stun was long enough for the 3 others to kill him.

Had a team AE stun ones too. When all of them bunched up.

Ferny

thestopsign said:
Apparently he was a little weak, so they pulled him and are waiting another day to do the patch to buff him a bit.

Was wondering why he wasn't up yet. Good thing they are getting it right instead of just putting it out there.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Archie said:
Surrender time on Summoner's Rift reduced to 20 minutes from 25

Excellent
Thank god.

They also added in a Queue system for busy days

FlightOfHeaven said:
Riot seems to be a gamer's company. I would like to support them with real money.

You can buy Champions. They normally have a sale once in a while, that reduces to cost to about 5$ per.

Ferny

Im actually surprised with this patch. There is a couple really good changes. I think the IP/RP changes are for the better and the queue system to get in are good as well.

Anyone going to be getting this champion from the go? I did it for Karma but i think I may be waiting a bit to try him out.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Ryze

* Overload
o Cooldown reduced to 3.5 from 11/10/9/8/7
o Base Damage reduced to 30/55/80/105/130 from 50/90/130/170/210
o Mana cost changed to 70/70/70/70/70 from 30/65/80/95/110
o Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
o Ability power ratio decreased to .2 from .45
o Range increased to 675 from 600
* Rune Prison
o No longer deals damage per tick and deals 60/95/130/165/200 damage up front (down from 80/120/160/200/240 over the duration)
o Ability power ratio changed to a flat .6 from .4/.6/.8/1/1.2 (depending on snare duration)
o Now deals 5% of Ryze's maximum mana in bonus damage
o Cast range increased to 625 from 600
o Duration reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
* Spell flux
o Ability power ratio per hit reduced to .35 from .38
o Cooldown increased to 14 from 9
o Mana cost reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/80/100/120/140
o Cast range increased to 675 from 625
o Base damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130
* Desperate Power
o No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp
o Area of effect damage percentage reduced to 50% from 65%
o Cooldown changed to 70/60/50 from 50/50/50
o Duration changed to 5/6/7 from 8
o Now grants a passive 75/150/225 mana
* General
o Reduced base magic resistance to 30 from 35
o Fixed a bug where Ryze's base mana regen did not get updated properly during the previous patch's revamp

What the hell did they do to Ryze..

Ferny

They said they were pretty much making him the Ashe of ranged but just with magic. Does anyone that uses him often lile the changes?

Macattk15

Door2Dawn said:
Ryze

* Overload
o Cooldown reduced to 3.5 from 11/10/9/8/7
o Base Damage reduced to 30/55/80/105/130 from 50/90/130/170/210
o Mana cost changed to 70/70/70/70/70 from 30/65/80/95/110
o Missile speed increased to 1400 from 1200
o Ability power ratio decreased to .2 from .45
o Range increased to 675 from 600
* Rune Prison
o No longer deals damage per tick and deals 60/95/130/165/200 damage up front (down from 80/120/160/200/240 over the duration)
o Ability power ratio changed to a flat .6 from .4/.6/.8/1/1.2 (depending on snare duration)
o Now deals 5% of Ryze's maximum mana in bonus damage
o Cast range increased to 625 from 600
o Duration reduced to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
* Spell flux
o Ability power ratio per hit reduced to .35 from .38
o Cooldown increased to 14 from 9
o Mana cost reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/80/100/120/140
o Cast range increased to 675 from 625
o Base damage reduced to 50/70/90/110/130
* Desperate Power
o No longer grants ability power but now grants 15% spell vamp
o Area of effect damage percentage reduced to 50% from 65%
o Cooldown changed to 70/60/50 from 50/50/50
o Duration changed to 5/6/7 from 8
o Now grants a passive 75/150/225 mana
* General
o Reduced base magic resistance to 30 from 35
o Fixed a bug where Ryze's base mana regen did not get updated properly during the previous patch's revamp

What the hell did they do to Ryze..

They are making Ryze and AK-47 with Overload.

Overload, Rune Prison, Overload, Spell Flux, Overload. AK-47 Ryze.

I welcome the changes.

Ryze now loses his burst but gains sustained damage. I'm fine with this. He was never meant to be an assassin type caster (ala Leblanc) as it is.

I'll also probably buy Maoki right away. Looks like he might be underpowered but I like trying the new tanks right away though he is probably best built as AP/Tank.

I'll probably end up purchasing Runes and Skins eventually.

I'm actually really, really impressed with the work they put into the skins for heros. They have custom voice work and even new looks for some moves.

Gentleman Cho'gath and Brolaf are standouts in that category.

Azar

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm actually really, really impressed with the work they put into the skins for heros. They have custom voice work and even new looks for some moves.

Gentleman Cho'gath and Brolaf are standouts in that category.
They fuckin' should be. Legendary skins cost like $15. There are plenty of skins I think look good, but none that I would pay for outside of a sale.

Yea, from what I gather the LoL forums are in an uproar about the whole IP situation. It takes about an hour to gain what a normal win used to have I think.

Won my first two games in this patch, but didn't see either the new Ryze or Maokai. Vlad, Anivia, and Panth nerfs were all much needed, and look to be successful or at least, the people sucked that I played against.

Gonna start logging my ELO every time I post here and my current streak winning or losing.

Current ELO: 1230 (W2)

Cels

shintoki said:
I got less for my win today... only 213 to my normal 250+

Sounds like bullshit on the increase in IP.

IP is bugged -> http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=6274326#post6274326

Store still unavailable as well, and they JUST fixed the issues with players not respawning on death.

Riot made a good, well-designed game that I enjoy, it's just that they are shooting themselves in the foot with repeated incompetence on technical issues. From roughly two weeks ago with incredible server lag and dropped players, to now: Delaying the patch a day to ensure a smooth launch is fine. However, delaying the patch a day only to launch the patch with a broken Store, broken IP gains, broken respawns. Go ahead and delay the patch by a week if you need to, just launch without ridiculous bugs like these.

Ferny

Did anyone else get like another patch on startup ?

Oh actually seems they fixed the IP stuff. Got a lot more this game than before.

Maokai seems situational. I had one on my team that did pretty well, and he never went back throughout the whole game. The other team surrendered at 20, and he still hadn't gone back. All he had was a health regen pendent. First time I've ever seen that haha. The two I've been against sucked though. Had one solid game trolling as Bltizcrank, then another solid game jungling with Udyr.

Current ELO: 1252 (W4) -- I also won a ranked premade 3v3 on Twisted Treeline.

Blackface

Banned
My Ryze build

health Quints (needed for early game) > Mana Yellows > CDR blues

Early game Saphire + 2 X Pots > Boots > Catalyst > Ionian/Sorc > ROA > Catalyst > ROA > Tear > Arch > Glacial > Frozen Heart > Whateveryou want, another Arch/Banshees /defensive item X

End build of

Ionian/ROA/ROA/AA/Forzen Heart/whatever you want

Over 3k HP, 4k mana, 40 percent CDR, 350 AP (way more if you take another AA)

Since Ryze scales off Mana far better then AP, the balance and surviviability are insane, and capping out CDR makes you scary as hell.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah the new Ryze is awesome. He can still blow people up with his ult, and the lifesteal is so helpful. Love how Q is spammable now, harassing early game is awesome.

Goon Boon

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, I didn't know what the real world value of some skins were.
Yeah, just remember that Legendary Skins don't go on sale (well, there was a poll once to choose the next sale, and they said if a legendary skin won the write-in vote they would put it on sale but it didn't). the 980 skins are about $7.50, 490 about $3.75, and the when the 490s are half price those ones are about $2

Cels

FlightOfHeaven said:
Are the Legendary ones labeled?

All the 1820RP skins are Legendary.

Many people complain that Magnificent Twisted Fate and Red Baron Corki aren't worth the Legendary pricing.

Most of them are pretty cool though -- e.g. Brolaf (new VO, new axe), Astronaut Teemo (Bouncing low-gravity animation, laser attacks, satellite shrooms, slightly altered VO), Corporate Mundo (new VO, flying briefcase infected cleaver).

that's where riot fails..
I mean, ok the game's free, but you want to rack up money? at least be "honest" and don't charge ungodly amount for ONE skin :)
Imho skins should cost 1.50 euros for recolors, 3.00 legendary..
that way many more players would actually buy 'em (me included to be honest).. the current skins' pricing is a joke :)

witchedwiz said:
that's where riot fails..
I mean, ok the game's free, but you want to rack up money? at least be "honest" and don't charge ungodly amount for ONE skin :)
Imho skins should cost 1.50 euros for recolors, 3.00 legendary..
that way many more players would actually buy 'em (me included to be honest).. the current skins' pricing is a joke :)

But then the skin is no longer legendary.

The pricing is justifiable. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

Moaki is pretty awesome. Won 4/6 with him.

Needs a good laning partner for sure though. Even with clarity solo lane could be really hard.

They put a lot of work into the Legendary skins, though. Do I wish they were a bit cheaper, perhaps 10 USD?

Yeah. But they are still really good. I played alongside a Business Mundo, shit was hilarious. Same goes for Gentleman Cho'gath and Brolaf.

Moaki.png

Maoki is a baller tank.

Boken

Banned
holy shit they must've reset the matchmaking system values or something because my recent solo queues have been terrible. : (

Blackface

Banned
Boken said:
holy shit they must've reset the matchmaking system values or something because my recent solo queues have been terrible. : (

I have lost 10 of my last 12 since the patch. All games I have had a positive k/d/a ratio, killed most turrets on my team and have done decently in CS depending on who I have played.

I ended a game 14-2-8 with WW, after going 6-0-2 in the first 13 minutes and we lost badly.

Our Karma was suppose to be "new" to the game, and kept running into towers. Was playing with his friends. He died 14 times. Game ends, and magically he has hundreds of wins.

solo que is starting to get completely retarded and making the game mad boring.

JoeFu

Banned
Blackface said:
I have lost 10 of my last 12 since the patch. All games I have had a positive k/d/a ratio, killed most turrets on my team and have done decently in CS depending on who I have played.

I ended a game 14-2-8 with WW, after going 6-0-2 in the first 13 minutes and we lost badly.

Our Karma was suppose to be "new" to the game, and kept running into towers. Was playing with his friends. He died 14 times. Game ends, and magically he has hundreds of wins.

solo que is starting to get completely retarded and making the game mad boring.
That's why when I okay I have to play with at least one friend. I've played almost 600 games and they were all with at least one other guy be it irl or online. I can't imagine solo queueing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Malzahar has gotten so much better since last i used him.

Halycon said:
Malzahar has gotten so much better since last i used him.
i like him...
a lot..
but you gotta accept something..
he a GREAT harrasser 3-9..
he's an all around lane pusher..
but as far as team fight goes he's so-so, unless you have some sort of aoe-stun with you, so you can put the pool on the ground... his ulti is great for early ganking but looses power fast, turning completely useless during teamfight, lest you're sure you'll not be focused... and even then there are much better ultimates :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom