• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, like Kat and other channelers I usually wait until people use up their stuns before ulting someone. And even then it's good for interrupting channeled stuff like warwick, fiddle and nunu or just locking down their carry for a few moments.

rac

Banned
Halycon said:
Malzahar has gotten so much better since last i used him.
I just started this game and I love using Malzahar I can lane push easily if there is only one other champion in the lane and if its a 2v1 I can keep it at a neutral spot. Taking out minions is a breeze witch means I pretty much outlevel all the opponents.

just lost a normal game with malahzar..
15/13/13...
we lost becase..
well check the sum of my kill+assist.. 28... each other member of the group had 20-30 between kill and assist, save our maokai mascotte 4/14/8 that simply backed away from EACH and every teamfight saying "we can't do this".. so we fought every teamfight 4vs5 with them using
amumu aoe stun + kata aoe + twitch&tristana shredding one target.. ah and kayle throwing an occasional invulnerability<_>
i even had to buy a thornmail at one point but it did little..
my build was:
doran ring --> ionian --> deathfire --> rabaddon --> archangel --> rylai ---> sell doran&buy thornmail :|
given the nature of their ulti banshe's veil was close to useless (aoe from kyle pulse, aoe from kata) :/

Played a bunch of 5s with my friends last night. Including two tank team games both of which we rolled. In the first game, one of our friends had to leave during the middle of it, so it was only 4v5. Didn't prove to be a problem, I think we started doing better after he left actually. It forced us to stick together more, which is a good thing. The second game, I recruited some random guy off my friends list to play with us, and he went Cho. He wasn't great, but whatever. I got extremely fed as Udyr, and we had so much CC they couldn't move properly.

Udyr + Madred's Bloodrazor + Wriggle's Lantern + Tiger Stance melts faces. At one point I went back and bought Banshee's, Sunfire Cape, and Spirit Visage in one go.

Edit: I also won't be able to play next weekend. I'm going down to Boston to meet my brother. So good luck to you guys!

Macattk15

Lost a game with Ryze with me going 26-8-13. Other team was trolling me and raging cause I was wrecking them with a "faceroller".

Unbelieveable.

Bento

Macattk15 said:
Lost a game with Ryze with me going 26-8-13. Other team was trolling me and raging cause I was wrecking them with a "faceroller".

Unbelieveable.
Use /ignore my friend, really helps to clean up the chat window :eek:)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
Played a bunch of 5s with my friends last night. Including two tank team games both of which we rolled. In the first game, one of our friends had to leave during the middle of it, so it was only 4v5. Didn't prove to be a problem, I think we started doing better after he left actually. It forced us to stick together more, which is a good thing. The second game, I recruited some random guy off my friends list to play with us, and he went Cho. He wasn't great, but whatever. I got extremely fed as Udyr, and we had so much CC they couldn't move properly.

Udyr + Madred's Bloodrazor + Wriggle's Lantern + Tiger Stance melts faces. At one point I went back and bought Banshee's, Sunfire Cape, and Spirit Visage in one go.

Edit: I also won't be able to play next weekend. I'm going down to Boston to meet my brother. So good luck to you guys!
I'll be fair, and say pure tank teams are bullshit and probably shouldn't be allowed. Cho, Nasus, Udyr, and Mundo barely need any dps items(Mundo doesn't even need one), to do solid-great damage. Even the poor tanks like Nunu are much stronger than the typical damage dealer.

Also, I need code to get past Busy!

I have no idea how to approach a Maokai. No one on my team seemed to know what to do against him, and we lost terribly. : /

I should probably stick to two games a day, after that it seems to go to shit.

Haly

Haven't had much trouble with Maokai actually. I just tend to ignore him in team fights and go for the squishies, or poke him during the laning phase. He's a good poker/snare and has a lot of longevity but other than that he's not really a threat.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I have no idea how to approach a Maokai. No one on my team seemed to know what to do against him, and we lost terribly. : /

haven't had any issue so far..
as a poor ap user maokai is a joke unless overfed.. if overfed it can become a good char, but then again there are plenty char that if overfed can turn the game around (protip akali, and other champion that can literally implode other camps if NOTABLY overgeared :X)..
maokai is a good harrasser early game, but that's about it..
On a side note, just won another game with malahzar..
good char but lategame looses just way too much..
time to fiddle a bit with udyr :X

FlightOfHeaven said:

Build him as a Tank.

Get a Chalice of Harmony and Boots on your first return. Level your E first, get one point in the other two, then level up Q next.

Good starting item for a balanced team would be Aegis.

Then build from this pool of items depending on comp:

Aegis
Sunfire
Banshees
Randuin's
Thornmail
Warmogs (Rarely use it)

Matchhisotry.png

Lead Based Paint said:
Build him as a Tank.

Get a Chalice of Harmony and Boots on your first return. Level your E first, get one point in the other two, then level up Q next.

Good starting item for a balanced team would be Aegis.

Then build from this pool of items depending on comp:

Aegis
Sunfire
Banshees
Randuin's
Thornmail
Warmogs (Rarely use it)
just no..
it's a pure ap champion with decent ratios too..
build the standard ap item and give him some survivability item..
go with
doran --> mobility --> deathfire grasp --> rabadon
at that poind check how the game is going..
1) if you CAN go on the offensive, consider a lich bane + any other offensive item (void staff OR a sunfire that it's always useful)
2) if you gotta stay on the defensive side it's banshee or thornmail (depending on the team) and rylai (to boost ap a bit)
feel free to switch item priorities as you see fit..
AND don't forget that if you can nag a few kill early, you should always go for mejaj, since you'll hardly get focused in general, so you should be easily able to rack up stacks :)

witchedwiz said:
just no..
it's a pure ap champion with decent ratios too..
build the standard ap item and give him some survivability item..
go with
doran --> mobility --> deathfire grasp --> rabadon
at that poind check how the game is going..
1) if you CAN go on the offensive, consider a lich bane + any other offensive item (void staff OR a sunfire that it's always useful)
2) if you gotta stay on the defensive side it's banshee or thornmail (depending on the team) and rylai (to boost ap a bit)
feel free to switch item priorities as you see fit..
AND don't forget that if you can nag a few kill early, you should always go for mejaj, since you'll hardly get focused in general, so you should be easily able to rack up stacks :)

How can you say that when you see my matches?

Ive beaten every ap Moaki that has tried me. So agree to diasgree.

Bento

Lead Based Paint said:
How can you say that when you see my matches?

Ive beaten every ap Moaki that has tried me. So agree to diasgree.
I just want to chip in and say that I have also had great success going with a more tank like build (pretty much the same items that you listed in your earlier post). Also I just want to say how much I like Maokis early game, saplings are so good for both defense and offense while fighting for control of the lane and his W and/or Q abilities are nice for those early ganks :eek:) Easily my favorite character in the game, I'm not sure what Tier of champions he belongs to but I'm having a blast with him regardless and he's one of the few champions (at least of those that I have played) were I can find use for all abilities.

Haly

One: FlightofHeaven was saying he has trouble figuring out how to fight maokai, not how to build him.

Two: AP Maokais are almost a non-factor in fights unless they are fed. Given the lack of people willing to tank and that everyone wants to play the new hero, a tanking Maokai is generally always preferable.

Halycon said:
One: FlightofHeaven was saying he has trouble figuring out how to fight maokai, not how to build him.

Two: AP Maokais are almost a non-factor in fights unless they are fed. Given the lack of people willing to tank and that everyone wants to play the new hero, a tanking Maokai is generally always preferable.

Thank you.

I know, don't focus him and he's a non-factor. He's still very annoying early game.

Granted, I've fought him once.

Haly

I find it helpful to just keep moving. Like if I was playing against an AP kog. And I stick near creeps so if he tries to sapling me the creeps will draw away the blast.

EDIT: Had a nice game with Cels (amazing rammus) just now. Reaffirms my love for Irelia. Who else can punch through a 5k hp mordekaiser with brute force?

Halycon said:

1) i was just pointing some stuff to lead baser list :X
2) sure you can build him "tanky", but if you really wanna tank there are rammus and shen that can do an infinitely better job... heck even nasus is better as a tank (and his ulti is far more effective in teamfight, while maokai's ulti is generally more situational).. I'm not saying that you can't build him tanky-alike, i'm just saying that if you can play effectively you can play him full ap for some great results.. granted that the tank is a niche role that hardly gets filled in solo queue, so maokai in that role may turn MORE useful, building him prioritizing ap is far from useless :)
But then again i guess that this opinion of mine is influenced by playing with some friends of mine that when trying the char for the first two days just went and did the mejaj on him for every single match.

I still don't get why people call others a kill stealer, whoever did the most damage gets the majority of gold on it anyway.

I fucking hate when someone is like "o noes ks ks noob noob" then leaves it's stupid and is always a Teemo, Trydemere, Pantheneon, Master Yi or Eve.

Cels

CrazedProfessional said:
I still don't get why people call others a kill stealer, whoever did the most damage gets the majority of gold on it anyway.

Wrong. Last hit is all that matters for gold distribution. Last hit gets the bounty, and 70% of that gets split between all assisters. If there is no assister then the extra 70% gold is lost.

Illustration -
You last hit an enemy champion who is worth 500g at the time. 2 other champions on your team helped. You get 500g, and 70% of that (350g) is split between the 2 assisters, so they each get 175g. If it was a kill with only 1 assister then you still get 500g, but the lone assister gets 350g. If it was a solo kill, you still only get 500g and the potential 350g for assisters is lost.

This is why assisted kills are always better for your team than solo kills. You WANT teammates to get gold.

witchedwiz said:
1) i was just pointing some stuff to lead baser list :X
2) sure you can build him "tanky", but if you really wanna tank there are rammus and shen that can do an infinitely better job... heck even nasus is better as a tank (and his ulti is far more effective in teamfight, while maokai's ulti is generally more situational).. I'm not saying that you can't build him tanky-alike, i'm just saying that if you can play effectively you can play him full ap for some great results.. granted that the tank is a niche role that hardly gets filled in solo queue, so maokai in that role may turn MORE useful, building him prioritizing ap is far from useless :)
But then again i guess that this opinion of mine is influenced by playing with some friends of mine that when trying the char for the first two days just went and did the mejaj on him for every single match.

My bad flight, I saw moaki and can't play and I have been playing him so much I jumped in without reading the whole thing.

As far as the bolded goes, you are just incorrect wiz! I mained nasus along with urgot for a while. Nasus is a pretty good tank, but outside of his insane farming ability to get the items he needs, Nasus lacks any utility. You can ult, but outside of loooking scary, you can't really dictate a teamfight at all.

Now with Moaki, you get enough of the farming ability of nasus to get your gold, but on top of that, you gain so much more Utility. a 20% Damage Reduction circle, a snare, and a knock back.

going back to the Ap building, could you screen shot your matches? I'm genuinely curious to see how you've been playing if it has been effective. I just have yet to run in a better AP moaki when I'm tanking.

I played Blitz for the first time yesterday.

I might have found another tanky hero. He's so much fun. People got a riot out of this scenario:

Both teams are rushing each other. Mine is at the entrance to their mid lane. Minions are on the way, about to clash. My Blitz is on Overdrive, leading the charge way in the front.

All of a sudden...

/l

"HAA HAA HAA HAA"

My Blitz stands between the two teams, laughing. The entire chat breaks out in "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

The other team lost, but everyone had a good time. Also, his abilities are BUSTED.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I played Blitz for the first time yesterday.

I might have found another tanky hero. He's so much fun. People got a riot out of this scenario:

Both teams are rushing each other. Mine is at the entrance to their mid lane. Minions are on the way, about to clash. My Blitz is on Overdrive, leading the charge way in the front.

All of a sudden...

/l

"HAA HAA HAA HAA"

My Blitz stands between the two teams, laughing. The entire chat breaks out in "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

The other team lost, but everyone had a good time. Also, his abilities are BUSTED.

His abilities are some of the most synergetic (is that a word lol) of almost any champion. They just work so well together. If you can get a couple kills early, yay full item build. Heere comes ks blitz.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I love teams that pick all squishy melee dps.

First 20 minutes: Oh shit, they got the Shen, Panth, Eve combo.

After 20minutes: OH SHIT, I'M THE GODDAMN NASUS!

Haly

Blitz is a better troll than teemo!

<3 Blitz

And with capped CDR he can stun someone every 3 seconds. Take that udyr.

uhm i bought udyr but don't want to jungle with him (i already have ww as a pure jungler)..
so far my experience with him is so so..
he's a poor farmer, so unless he gets a few ganks straight he can hardly finish his build before match ends... sure he *CAN* go phoenix stance for creep aoe, but i personally max tiger, turtle and depending on team most likely bear as well... :|

witchedwiz said:
uhm i bought udyr but don't want to jungle with him (i already have ww as a pure jungler)..
so far my experience with him is so so..
he's a poor farmer, so unless he gets a few ganks straight he can hardly finish his build before match ends... sure he *CAN* go phoenix stance for creep aoe, but i personally max tiger, turtle and depending on team most likely bear as well... :|

Udyr needs the jungle to do well in my opinion. He has a slightly different skill set than Warwick which makes him just as useful, and probably more useful late game. He is a great pusher, has insane survivability, is good in both 1v1 and team fights, and is a great chaser. Early game if you don't get the CS while laning, you either have to make it up by getting a few kills/assists or grabbing dragon (which you can after Wriggles, which you should be getting on him).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Udyr needs the jungle, but I'm not going to lie either. I've seen some incredibly baller lane Udyrs. My last one was a month ago, and he took out center. Put it this way, he ended up single handily destroying the other team by mid game on.

What Udyr doesn't need are a bunch of asses on your team, expecting a gank within 5 minutes. It's why I will no longer jungle at all. He's very easy to deal with early on, and relatively harmless. He needs that movement speed built up + defense built up. I think WW is similar where he needs to be at least 6, then his ganking becomes incredible.

If you want the early ganks, Troll thing is a fantastic choice. High HP, Defense, and one of the most god awful annoying slows.

K.Sabot

First fucking game of the night and the ban picker is AFK, and no one wants to queue dodge :p

Riot needs to do something about afkers during picks.

Blackface

Banned
I wouldn't suggest Trundle to someone new to jungling. He is also very difficult to jungle with without a good amount of runes. I would say go with WW for sure. You can gank at level 4 if the lane you are ganking has someone with a stun/slow etc.. Otherwise wait until you are level 6. Most games, if your team has a slight clue, you will easily be able to get a kill or two at 6. Your Ult is super super retarded early game.

My favorite jungler right now is Trundle. He takes a bit of getting used to, but once you learn how to play him he is so fucking good. He is not weak at any point in the game, is one of the most OP level 4 gankers, and can control all fights in the jungle with piller of filth. Late game he can easily take out a tower without any creeps around (drop a ward to absorb the first few hits). He also turns tanks into squishys with his ult.

You don't see Trundle much at high ELO, but that will change eventually. He is far to good of a champion to go un-noticed. The trend right now is a lot of people playing Irelia because they are finally realizing how powerful she is. Eventually Trundle will be in that position.

Cels said:
Wrong. Last hit is all that matters for gold distribution. Last hit gets the bounty, and 70% of that gets split between all assisters. If there is no assister then the extra 70% gold is lost.

Illustration -
You last hit an enemy champion who is worth 500g at the time. 2 other champions on your team helped. You get 500g, and 70% of that (350g) is split between the 2 assisters, so they each get 175g. If it was a kill with only 1 assister then you still get 500g, but the lone assister gets 350g. If it was a solo kill, you still only get 500g and the potential 350g for assisters is lost.

This is why assisted kills are always better for your team than solo kills. You WANT teammates to get gold.

I'd rather them be happy another one bit the dust than leave over ONE measly kill.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Blackface said:
I wouldn't suggest Trundle to someone new to jungling. He is also very difficult to jungle with without a good amount of runes. I would say go with WW for sure. You can gank at level 4 if the lane you are ganking has someone with a stun/slow etc.. Otherwise wait until you are level 6. Most games, if your team has a slight clue, you will easily be able to get a kill or two at 6. Your Ult is super super retarded early game.

My favorite jungler right now is Trundle. He takes a bit of getting used to, but once you learn how to play him he is so fucking good. He is not weak at any point in the game, is one of the most OP level 4 gankers, and can control all fights in the jungle with piller of filth. Late game he can easily take out a tower without any creeps around (drop a ward to absorb the first few hits). He also turns tanks into squishys with his ult.

You don't see Trundle much at high ELO, but that will change eventually. He is far to good of a champion to go un-noticed. The trend right now is a lot of people playing Irelia because they are finally realizing how powerful she is. Eventually Trundle will be in that position.
I thought troll thing was fantastic from the get go. Pick the lane where the other player/s do not have flash. His movement speed+Pillar turn out to be incredibly useful at ganking. Only real competition for early ganks would be Shaco(With Exhaust), Eve, Ram, and a few others I expect. Unlike WW who is basically a third wheel, till he hits 6.

And it's kind of funny how overpowered a team of tanks is. Got a game last night were we had Mundo, Nasus, and Udyr all on my team. Regardless of how many stupid ass things we did. We still completely overpowered them and the Udyr was pretty shitty/Very annoying.

Steaks

shintoki said:
I thought troll thing was fantastic from the get go. Pick the lane where the other player/s do not have flash. His movement speed+Pillar turn out to be incredibly useful at ganking. Only real competition for early ganks would be Shaco(With Exhaust), Eve, Ram, and a few others I expect. Unlike WW who is basically a third wheel, till he hits 6.

And it's kind of funny how overpowered a team of tanks is. Got a game last night were we had Mundo, Nasus, and Udyr all on my team. Regardless of how many stupid ass things we did. We still completely overpowered them and the Udyr was pretty shitty/Very annoying.

The tankier a team is, generally, the less mobility and kiting power they have. I've lost and won plenty of games based on this principle (mostly due to people who won't listen to me when I tell them how to exploit a tanky team).
K.Sabot said:
First fucking game of the night and the ban picker is AFK, and no one wants to queue dodge :p

Riot needs to do something about afkers during picks.
This has been brought up somewhere. Hopefully something happens.

I'm pretty sure that if someone doesn't do anything while in draft mode it drops them from the game and gives them a leave. I once went to the bathroom while I was in queue and came back and found out I got a leave.

I just bought Trundle, and I agree. Fantastic hero. I find he is much stronger late game though. His combination of moves makes him impossible to catch running away and a great chaser at the same time. He deals ridiculous damage with Madreds/Wriggles, he can debuff either their best tank or carry, and he can sit in the middle of team fights, whenever an enemy dies he gains like 300hp. I once almost died while doing Baron right as the other team was coming in, we managed to barely kill it, I regained 500hp and just got away.

Steaks

thestopsign said:
I'm pretty sure that if someone doesn't do anything while in draft mode it drops them from the game and gives them a leave. I once went to the bathroom while I was in queue and came back and found out I got a leave.
The issue is if someone goes AFK after you hit the button that places you in the select screen or if the game locks up for some reason that prevents them from picking a champion. Generally, someone going AFK or crashing for 1 minute in a ranked match is much less volatile than doing it at the champ select screen, because they often aren't spending 40 minutes not knowing what they're doing, or using an awful team composition that isn't necessarily anyone's fault.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Just came arcoss that tank team. I have to say they need to do something about that, there is litierally nothing you can do versus that team. Nothing.

I played on my friend's account who is lvl 26 today. He's on vacation and wants to do some ranked with me by the time he gets back, so I'm leveling it up for him. Holy shit. Each game my team ranged from horribad to acceptable, but I managed to win all three pretty much on my own. I'm not normally the type to carry this shit out of things, but man was it ever fun to do it.

Went Ashe the first game, and after giving up first blood on stupidly getting trapped in their jungle I managed to outfarm the other Ashe mid by about 70 CS by 15min and had about 200 CS by 20min. Once I got a Blood Thirster, boots, and some Doran's Blades I was ready to gank like mad. Ended up 14-1-9 with 8 tower kills. I had some epic arrows and for some reason the whole game their ran away from me instead of ganging up, which made it all way to easy. My team was all over the place, and I was pretty much never with them. I'd probably rate them a dying to creep and towers 11 times/10.

Second game I went Kass, who I haven't played in a while. Again I laned against another Kass mid. This time I was strong from the get go as he had mana problems, but I had clarity. Got a lvl 6 first blood, then went stacks and ended up with 19 on Majai's by the end. My team was better this time. Probably a 4/10.

Third game I decided to fuck around and try out Shaco, who I had never played let alone jungle with. Of course I failed at killing blue somehow because I was also trying to do wolf camp. So I died and struggled to get back in line with the rest of the players. Fortunately no one seemed to die on either team until about 20min in because everyone was playing so goddam cautiously. Their Cass had about 200 CS and was hitting like a truck. We ended up winning in a really long game mostly due to me and a Nasus who had farmed the whole game. His Q was charged up to over 600 and was doing something like 900 to towers in one shot with Sheen.

After playing today, I'm thinking Ashe needs a bit of a nerf. She is pretty goddam hard to get to and useful in almost all situations.

Edit: Tank team. Hmm. I'd like to face one just to see how I'd do. It is beatable, but we got beat by a fed Kog and Karth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom