• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
dqgcva.jpg

darthbob said:
Hey guys, I figured I'd ask this here.

I was just looking through my old PAX 2009 swag bag and found a code for a "Champion Twisted Fate" skin.

Is this worth anything at all? Just wondering because it looks like the game wasn't even out yet when I got this.

You can get well over $200 for this on eBay.

Go search for "twisted fate league of legends" on eBay and then check mark "completed listings" on the left (have to login to your account) and you'll see it go for over 200 bucks.

134 (bad luck for that dude!)

So yeah, you're a lucky bastard!

I can't seem to win a fucking game if I don't carry with any of my mains. If I'm like trying out new heroes and doing ok or average, it's always a loss.

Zerlorn

Neo Member
Just moved and haven't gotten to play for a few months - has the game's meta changed at all lately? It was all tanky-dps a while back, with nuk-ey casters left in the dark. I guess it turned me off a bit since I mostly enjoyed playing malzahar and (gasp) lux. Still had fun, but only was really dangerous if i got lucky <_<

I'm suddenly wishing i saved my pax swag bag from 09. Maybe riot will having some stuff at Pax E this weekend. (holy smokes its this weekend)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He either has a blinkstrike or invisibility.

Or both.

Been playing Swain during this free week. He's fun as hell, but doesn't seem like someone who can dominate even if fed. Really doubt I'd buy him.

phinious

So I bought Udyr a couple days ago. Really fun jungler. Man does he suck to play if the other team has alot of slows though. Can never get to anyone. If the opposing team stops laning phase and starts teaming early you are especially screwed cause you lose out on the easy early ganks.

I think you have to be ranged to be safe in this game. As melee you can get Fd by the wrong team comp and then your whole team is like "WTF, choke on a D and die"

Wow, just played a game with Gangplank and raped the other team. First time playing him. Feels like he is a bit overpowered or is it just me? All of his abilities are awesome.

phinious said:
So I bought Udyr a couple days ago. Really fun jungler. Man does he suck to play if the other team has alot of slows though. Can never get to anyone. If the opposing team stops laning phase and starts teaming early you are especially screwed cause you lose out on the easy early ganks.

I think you have to be ranged to be safe in this game. As melee you can get Fd by the wrong team comp and then your whole team is like "WTF, choke on a D and die"

If anything Physical DPS are a little OP right now. In general with melee, you have to be a bit more careful with how you approach someone, you have to take the best angle and know who can kite you well. Really though, Udyr is one of the best chasers in the game due to his Bear form. Remember to get Merc Treds no matter what (I guess unless they have no sort of CC). Early ganks aren't as important as good farming for Udyr. Focus on getting all of the creep you can, when people need to go back, pop into their lane and get a few CS/some exp. Dragon is also very important. He can do it with just Madred's, but I prefer doing it once I get Wriggle's.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Wow, just played a game with Gangplank and raped the other team. First time playing him. Feels like he is a bit overpowered or is it just me? All of his abilities are awesome.

He definitely is not OP. He is decent in the right hands, but really easy to deal with. If he denies well early game with his 'E' that can mess up one of the solo lanes, but then he really needs to farm well for most of the game to become useful. His Ult is always good, but good teams will step out of it fast.

Ferny

Yeah I was playing as Ashe yesterday against him and I easily side stepped his ult everytime and then attacked right after. In a team fight its useful sure but one on one it isnt too good I think.

Well, after an awesome streak of playing with GAFfers, I've managed to create an amazing losing streak for myself.

At least I had a good game as Garen. Dude is so overpowered, I was playing like a moron and managed to kick ass anyways.

But why do people hate Tiamat? It worked really well on him, and I'd sell it for an Infinity Edge later on.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, fuck this new IP system. I got 75 for fucking slaughtering the other team. We had 2 deaths. It was before they could surrender. What BS.

y2dvd

I'm starting to play again so invite me! Name is the same as on gaf.

So i havent played Path in awhile but he seemed hella nerf. I was not doing much dmg and I was squishy. Is he not viable anymore?

Macattk15

Feep said:
I hope you guys enjoy Nocturne...

Because I voiced him. ^^ It was a blast working with the LoL guys.

What role does Nocturne fill? Can that be spoiled? I'm guessing he is an assassin type?

Feep

Banned
Macattk15 said:
What role does Nocturne fill? Can that be spoiled? I'm guessing he is an assassin type?
I think I'm still locked on NDA on that.

Mind you, I'm not actually a League of Legends player, though I'm relatively familiar with the mechanics (I played DotA a little). I saw a few of his abilities, but I have to shut the hell up until he's out. = D

Baywatch

Neo Member
Feep said:

Mind you, I'm not actually a League of Legends player, though I'm relatively familiar with the mechanics (I played DotA a little). I saw a few of his abilities, but I have to shut the hell up until he's out. = D

I'll bite. What exactly have you been working on with them? I've been a LoL player since closed beta.

In other news, the underrated champ this patch = Ryze.

Feep

Banned
Baywatch said:
I'll bite. What exactly have you been working on with them? I've been a LoL player since closed beta.

In other news, the underrated champ this patch = Ryze.
???

Just voice. I mean, I know some of his moves, since they were each explained to me as part of my direction (and/or shown footage of), but that's all.

Feep said:
???

Just voice. I mean, I know some of his moves, since they were each explained to me as part of my direction (and/or shown footage of), but that's all.

You should totally check out your work and start playing some LoL!

Baywatch

Neo Member
Feep said:
???

<==New here (clearly) sorry for the stupid questions, but can you explain what you mean by "voiced him"? Are you a member of the PTR group?

Also, who is the highest ranked player here? :3

"<==New here (clearly) sorry for the stupid questions, but can you explain what you mean by "voiced him"? Are you a member of the PTR group?"

He went into a recording studio of some sort and recorded vocal lines for the character that Riot will put into League of Legends and will play those recorded lines back at apt times during gameplay.

Baywatch said:
<==New here (clearly) sorry for the stupid questions, but can you explain what you mean by "voiced him"? Are you a member of the PTR group?

Also, who is the highest ranked player here? :3

I'm at 1306 right now, I think shintoki or someone said they are in the 1400s though.

Feep

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"<==New here (clearly) sorry for the stupid questions, but can you explain what you mean by "voiced him"? Are you a member of the PTR group?"

He went into a recording studio of some sort and recorded vocal lines for the character that Riot will put into League of Legends and will play those recorded lines back at apt times during gameplay.
Yeah, that.

Baywatch

Neo Member
Feep that's cool. Hopefully you're not the same person that did the Annie VO. "Have you seen my bear Tibbers?" xD

Premade ranking is the only thing that matters IMO since LoL is a team game so your solo ranking is determined by your ability to not get frustrated trying to get four random internet people to do what you want.

My username is Doughnut. My ranking hovers around 1300 in everything. My highest rating atm is 1360 in 3v3. My playgroup consists of several 1800 rated players, but I don't have the time to metagame like they do.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
I'm at 1306 right now, I think shintoki or someone said they are in the 1400s though.
1430's solo, last weekend.

Don't ask where I am now. Hint, I've lost about 10 in a row. I legitimately think I'm performing worse or something now. I've never lost this many in a row, even in unranked. And it's not like the competition has been amazingly better. I still only have my normal 1-3 deaths as support, I still play my solo lanes very well, I still try to pick based on comp and counters. I just not winning at all anymore is all.

shintoki said:
1430's solo, last weekend.

Don't ask where I am now. Hint, I've lost about 10 in a row. I legitimately think I'm performing worse or something now. I've never lost this many in a row, even in unranked. And it's not like the competition has been amazingly better. I still only have my normal 1-3 deaths as support, I still play my solo lanes very well, I still try to pick based on comp and counters. I just not winning at all anymore is all.

I just broke my highest ELO, I'm at 1323 now. My highest ELO was 1309 for the last five months, and I've gotten to 1 game from breaking about 6 times, then lost a bunch in a row, but now I've broken it. Definitely a bit of luck. It helps that I'm a good jungler with WW, Trundle, Udyr, and Nunu.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
thestopsign said:
I just broke my highest ELO, I'm at 1323 now. My highest ELO was 1309 for the last five months, and I've gotten to 1 game from breaking about 6 times, then lost a bunch in a row, but now I've broken it. Definitely a bit of luck. It helps that I'm a good jungler with WW, Trundle, Udyr, and Nunu.
I feel like I really need to become a jungle. Regardless of how well I do in a lane, I never seem to get a completely competent team. It's been kind of depressing to be honest. Every game it's the same thing.

Start off strong. Idiocy in certain players always comes out. Team starts to fail hardcore. Lose. All while blaming each other on who failed more.

Last game. Our bot lane had zero map awareness and fed. Our center had zero... sense to anything happening around him. And our jungle is another one with idiot decision after idiot decision. They sat there, blaming each other the entire game. With my normal comment, "Stop blaming others, it's your own damn fault. Just keep playing and don't do it again"

What happens? Well I do solid in my lane. I kept who ever was up their occupied, denied a bit once I got up in damage and took their turret about 15 minutes in. Their team had trouble with me the entire game.

I think it's truly a poor excuse to blame others. I do make dumbass mistakes every game. And I know I'm still very weak when it comes to being a team's damage carry or jungle. I'm just not aggressive enough. My style fits off tanks and support extremely well. But it just feels like I'm being dealt a lousy hand of cards constantly. I think a good example of what I mean is the game prior. We had a crappy ass Morde and Yi. Both wanted the top lane, and wouldn't leave. So we have a 2v1 on the bottom lane. Janna vs Sion and Ire... We still won? Why? LeBlac skull fucked the other team. Killed their center. then Top. Then jungle. Then Bot. Then Center. She was something like 20+/0. See that's how good I want to be. I want to be able to make up for that idiocy like she did. I don't ever seem to be cause of a team's fault. I seem always be a solid member, but I just lack that carry instincts.

Azar

I'm amazed you guys solo queue at all. I wouldn't find the game enjoyable playing with randoms regularly. I've probably solo queued about three out of 600 games. Why not make friends from the good matches and start playing with people regularly? It's infinitely better than having yet another game ruined by someone being an asshole.

y2dvd

Hightest I made solo was around 1550. I never do 5v5 premade. I think it's the only way to rank up high though, otherwise you ALWAYS run that risk playing solo of that one player who's gonna idle, disconnect and whatever else. I've been in elo hell for a long awhile now and I'm sitting around 1320.

Goon Boon

Banned
Traded a TF2 hat for a lesser TF2 hat and a riot singed GDC key and I've been getting a buttload of gameplay out of him, tossing and running away, and stealing the enemy golem by tossing it and smoking it near me when it's low and being able to keep on poison smoke till I die.

Also if anyone going to PAX has a pax jax key for trade I HAVE MORE HATS. hatssssss.

Jenga

Banned
Feep said:
huh?

how long do they usually take in developing a champ before officially announcing him?

also I didn't realize GAF had a LoL community until I remembered we had an online forum lol

Haly

Macattk15 said:
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Dark Lady-ish. He seems like Dark Lady. Who I actually like in HoN ... but is very auto attacky and kind of boring.
I like dark lady for one reason:

Targetless silence.

It's the bomb.

Macattk15

Halycon said:
I like dark lady for one reason:

Targetless silence.

It's the bomb.

Targetless? Isn't her dark blades ability an activate skill and then you have to hit someone with your attacks? Or at least charge towards a target spot.

Haly

Yeah, Dark Blades + Charge = bye bye channeling/blinking/stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom