• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattk15 said:
He does do surprisingly a ton of damage. Especially in bursts. Standard, Spear stab, first passive hit, ult .... people get messed up.

I really like him and Renekton as tanky DPS beasts.

What's really fun is ulting nunu before using your spear, 80% of the time he'll start his ult, then you just interrupt.

Saucy_XL

Banned
caromelo said:
Anyone good with Lux? Wanna learn her and would appreciate some tips and optimal builds. =)

I usually go 9/0/21 and go ghost/flash. Play her super agressively. I max her E first and usually Q second. I usually build flat AP with some CDR.

Jesus, I just tried Kog'maw. Difficult character to play, but his damage output can be ridiculous. I downed a Nunu and Rammus in no time flat.

Edit: And a horrific 0/12/3 game as Taric...

I've had so many "leaves" from games I couldn't join to being on a university campus and only being able to join certain games that apparently my leave level is at 1. :/

Does anyone know at what point they take it further and just ban you?

Hopefully once I leave uni it won't be a problem.

LiamExe

Heavy said:
Lee Sin moves list:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=605612

And look at the screenshots... Urf the Manatee is in every one. I can't believe Urf might be released. Stunned.

I've got 6k IP ready for Lee Sin. His abilities look great and all have secondaries. Plus energy champs are awesome, no need to worry about mana.
Someone in the forum pointed out that Urf could be Lee Sin's guide manatee, seeing everything for him. It makes sense when you look at the pictures, seeing as Urf is behind all of his targets while he attacks and also featured in Lee Sin's own art.

But who knows with Riot, they might just turn him into another skin for a champion. :(

Edit: I only just realized how ridiculous 'guide manatee' actually sounds. I'm not crazy, honest!

LiamExe said:
Someone in the forum pointed out that Urf could be Lee Sin's guide manatee, seeing everything for him. It makes sense when you look at the pictures, seeing as Urf is behind all of his targets while he attacks and also featured in Lee Sin's own art.

But who knows with Riot, they might just turn him into another skin for a champion. :(

Edit: I only just realized how ridiculous 'guide manatee' actually sounds. I'm not crazy, honest!
That would be so awesome, I'd love that. Would add to an already unique champion...

Got 5600 IP, time to get 700 more by Tuesday! :D

NH Apache

Banned
Anyone else having issues connecting? My client keeps asking if I am connected to the internet...Which I obviously am.

Edit: Website is down and everything. Not just me I guess.

Delayed EDit:

Back up now. Whoopin on people with Morgana.

rac

Banned
1lk2T.png

Gotta love matching a bunch of people who just started playing against a guy with 820 wins. At least we won though
gotta love surrenders
. Also Anivia kicks fucking ass.

I'm a little disappointed he isn't real. I would love a monk!

Also, if anyone wants to add me to their friends list, feel free. In game name is, Cetrah (lvl30). I usually play at least one or two games a day. Would love to play some games with some gaffers who are somewhat competent at the game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Playing a game with team mates who seem to have no idea what they're doing is so frustrating, especially when I play better than I usually do.

Bought HoN the other day and they really need to get all the stat tracking, clan support etc into LoL. If they could combine the two into one game it would be perfect, maybe DotA2 will have all this.

Leezard

Ikuu said:
Playing a game with team mates who seem to have no idea what they're doing is so frustrating, especially when I play better than I usually do.

Bought HoN the other day and they really need to get all the stat tracking, clan support etc into LoL. If they could combine the two into one game it would be perfect, maybe DotA2 will have all this.
playing full premade is pretty much the only way.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'd like to do that but I don't know anyone else who plays, and I'm guessing most people here are on US.

bigf00t

Getting so tired of playing with randoms. If anyone wants to play some premades with me, I play a decent Bukkake(AP) Sion, Amumu, Ryze and couple others. I'm only lvl 18 or 19 but my win/loss ratio is positive and I usually don't suck. Usually...

Name is WackyAnaky and I'm on the West Coast so usually on between 6 and 12pm PST.

turmeric

Neo Member
I couldn't let this game go without bragging...

hf0ov.jpg

Our teemo was about as useful as they all are, and we still managed a victory. Our first two kills happened before Jax even connected to the game.

idlewild_

twitch free week 'eh, guess i'll be playing other games this week. as someone who used to play twitch pretty heavily, this isn't going to be very pretty. so many people have been waiting to try him out, and he is, quite honestly, garbage right now.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I made a new account Kekeage to play with my friend, joined a match with 2 disconnect and 1 feeder... Originally built as a tank, but I had so much money I convert myself into dps....

Good thing we are at low level ~_~

jb1rI.gif

ncsuDuncan (me) said:
Hey guys, does anyone want the promo code I got at PAX?

It's a Penny Arcade skin for Jax.

Send me a PM, I don't play League of Legends and never check this thread (HaloGAF for life). I only have 1 right now (might have another one around here somewhere), so first PM gets it.

Edit: Code is gone. I'll post if I find that other one.

Goon Boon

Banned
Free Noctourne, free blitzcrank, free twitch, this is the best free hero rotation I can remember for quite a while (in terms of being able to try out heroes, and in terms of free kills on people who don't know what oracles is).

lordy88

Hey guys,

I've definitely been getting really into this game lately, and I'm happy to say I've been doing very well (at the very least kill/death wise), but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

First, I can't seem to find a way to play any ranked matches, and I'm rather certain that there must be some prerequisite that I am missing. I'm currently level 8 with 14 wins and 4000+ IP

Second, after every game I play, the launcher crashes, leaving me without any end game charts or stats, which is very frustrating. Is it because I run Windows 7 x64?

Third, is there any way to see what your ELO is? I'm curious to see where I stand (which I'm sure is light-years away from the greats at this game)

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm absolutely loving this game all because of y'all introducing it to me.

TheBez

lordy88 said:
Hey guys,

I've definitely been getting really into this game lately, and I'm happy to say I've been doing very well (at the very least kill/death wise), but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to.

First, I can't seem to find a way to play any ranked matches, and I'm rather certain that there must be some prerequisite that I am missing. I'm currently level 8 with 14 wins and 4000+ IP

Second, after every game I play, the launcher crashes, leaving me without any end game charts or stats, which is very frustrating. Is it because I run Windows 7 x64?

Third, is there any way to see what your ELO is? I'm curious to see where I stand (which I'm sure is light-years away from the greats at this game)

Thanks for all your help guys, I'm absolutely loving this game all because of y'all introducing it to me.

To play ranked you have to be summoner level 30.

Client issues I can't help with maybe try this forum http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3.

As for ELO you can only check your normal ELO by using a 3rd Party calculator such as http://lolcave.com/ec/. Ranked ELO will be shown once you play enough ranked games, around ~10 ranked games.

I'm +60 wins in Normal, so I think I have a fairly high ELO, not completely sure where I am though. It says I'm around 1680. It was only off by 30 on my Ranked ELO, and I think that was because it doesn't take into account leaves.

I've been playing a few games with MisterMysterious (Echoes of Pink on here I think, hey that rhymed!) and a bunch of his friends. We had one really dominant win, clear cut in a 5v5 Pre-Made normal game. The second one went on a bit longer, probably 40min, but I wasn't ever scared that we were going to lose. First game I played Udyr and got firstblood, which means he is pretty unstoppable, second game I went Sivir top solo against a Blitz and a Lux and got my ass handed to me. I was doing well by the end of the game though, and had a few sick boomerang snipes.

If you guys see me on at any time, I would much prefer playing with you guys than alone so just message me (I'm Chronos).

thestopsign said:
I'm +60 wins in Normal, so I think I have a fairly high ELO, not completely sure where I am though. It says I'm around 1680. It was only off by 30 on my Ranked ELO, and I think that was because it doesn't take into account leaves.

I've been playing a few games with MisterMysterious (Echoes of Pink on here I think, hey that rhymed!) and a bunch of his friends. We had one really dominant win, clear cut in a 5v5 Pre-Made normal game. The second one went on a bit longer, probably 40min, but I wasn't ever scared that we were going to lose. First game I played Udyr and got firstblood, which means he is pretty unstoppable, second game I went Sivir top solo against a Blitz and a Lux and got my ass handed to me. I was doing well by the end of the game though, and had a few sick boomerang snipes.

If you guys see me on at any time, I would much prefer playing with you guys than alone so just message me (I'm Chronos).

Yea man good games we had. Hit me up again whenever you need :)

Azar

Played a couple good games last night, one with Jazzy and one later in the evening that was utter embarrassment for the other team. Been having a lot of fun with Jarvan lately. I'm playing him and giving Renekton another shot, but aside from his stun he really doesn't seem to bring as much to the game.

Rayven

aka surume
Azar said:
Played a couple good games last night, one with Jazzy and one later in the evening that was utter embarrassment for the other team. Been having a lot of fun with Jarvan lately. I'm playing him and giving Renekton another shot, but aside from his stun he really doesn't seem to bring as much to the game.
o_O Renekton is amazingly fun and visceral to play. Easily my champ of the year so far. Double dashing through enemies, popping ult and spin for AOE, stunning, and playing cooldowns.

Azar

HeartAttackJones said:
o_O Renekton is amazingly fun and visceral to play. Easily my champ of the year so far. Double dashing through enemies, popping ult and spin for AOE, stunning, and playing cooldowns.
Visually I think he's the best character in the game, at least in terms of his default skin work. Maybe I need to play him as a pure AD character, but building him tanky, which is how I also build Jarvan, just doesn't seem as relevant. The stun can be good, but only with Fury behind it, and he doesn't bring a speed boost or knockup or trap the way Jarvan does.

Macattk15

Azar said:
Visually I think he's the best character in the game, at least in terms of his default skin work. Maybe I need to play him as a pure AD character, but building him tanky, which is how I also build Jarvan, just doesn't seem as relevant. The stun can be good, but only with Fury behind it, and he doesn't bring a speed boost or knockup or trap the way Jarvan does.

Well yeah, you have to manage your Fury with Renekton properly to truly wreck people. I build him straight up HP / DPS (Frozen Mallet, Black Cleaver, Stark's, Ghostblade). Early and mid game he is unstoppable once you get your ult. Kind of falls off into late game though. Just get a bunch of kills and push push push with him early on and snowball.

I'd almost consider Renekton bordering on overpowered in top lane. I haven't seen a single 1v1 matchup top lane that he doesn't dominate. Once people grab Brutalizer on him, he puts out pretty ridiculous damage at lvl 9-10 and if he gets rolling there, it's pretty hard to stop him.

Been playing Singed the last couple days. He's actually pretty decent. Spreading poop gas everywhere is hilarious, and fling can be a game changer. I always overestimate the usefulness of his ult though. The stat boosts really don't do as much as you'd think.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shalashaska161 said:
Been playing Singed the last couple days. He's actually pretty decent. Spreading poop gas everywhere is hilarious, and fling can be a game changer. I always overestimate the usefulness of his ult though. The stat boosts really don't do as much as you'd think.
His ult is basically only useful to the mana regen to keep spray on + knocking your movement speed up. A good Singed is a comp destroy.

Pity I absolutely suck with him.

Shalashaska161 said:

not to mention he has great synergy with jarvan. Oh how i love tower fling + cataclysm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom