• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
NeoCross said:
Irelia is still OP as fuck. With just a doran's shield, merc treads and tri force I was slapping everyone's shit all over the map. And I thought she got nerfed :lol
She'll definitely get one. But it's not like she isn't manageable. You basically need a character similar to her to lane against her. Nasus, Rene, Garen, etc.

You have to avoid squishies against her at all costs.

Spookie

Man the lowbie matchmaking needs some serious fucking work.

Just had Nocturne just trounce my ENTIRE team. One person carrying the entire other team going so much as one-two'ing 2-3 team members. This is the fourth time this has happened in as many games.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I find the later you play in the day the greater the chance there is of level 30's being matched up with you.

Spookie said:
Man the lowbie matchmaking needs some serious fucking work.
Just had Nocturne just trounce my ENTIRE team. One person carrying the entire other team going so much as one-two'ing 2-3 team members. This is the fourth time this has happened in as many games.

Yeah, that experience blows. The only way to beat them is to either pick off their teammates in order to feed yourselves, or have highly coordinated pairs that can take them on. Otherwise, it's good night.

Spookie

And the next game I queue for: one person quits at loading. The other quits seconds after he gives the other team first blood. I think I'm done with this. :(

Edit: I must be the most unlucky bastard in history to have this happen 5 games on the run. :/

Steaks

Nocturne is more buggy than OP. He punishes poor play harder than almost any champion. The leash bug on his fear is really stupid though and needs to get fixed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
kensk said:
Nocturne is more buggy than OP. He punishes poor play harder than almost any champion. The leash bug on his fear is really stupid though and needs to get fixed.
He doesn't punish poor play, his ult is just really unfair in it's current state. The range is about half the map, and unlike the other 3 characters with the teleport. His is far more instant and aggressive than it should actually be.

Steaks

shintoki said:
He doesn't punish poor play, his ult is just really unfair in it's current state. The range is about half the map, and unlike the other 3 characters with the teleport. His is far more instant and aggressive than it should actually be.
Yes, but it's not overpowered if you have mapawareness (general jungle route information for example will tip you off).

The major issue is once he touches you, you CANNOT escape his fear unless you insta-flash out of it because of how the leash mechanic is bugged. Unlike the other top tier gankers, his CC isn't nearly as strong if you have tower help. You have to play against him like you play against Shaco, and frankly, Nocturne without money is hot garbage. If you play defensively and have good information on where he can gank, you're fine.

He cannot set you up like certain junglers can (Shaco/Eve/Rammus), but he can reach you the fastest and safest. If you're fighting against a lane with strong CC (like a Taric/Sion combo), it may be very difficult to live, but such is the case vs any jungler that does damage with that lane.

Really the biggest issue is he preys off weak positioning on the enemy and is VERY unforgiving about it. Something that is unforgiving is not overpowered, it's just good at beating worse players or players without sufficient information in comparison.

Old Eve/Nocturne are similar to grapplers in fighting games. You HAVE to adjust your playstyle to beat them, the issue in this game is no one actually adjusts their playstyles unless they're really good.

The question is, do I think he's frustrating? Absolutely. Do I think he's overpowred? Hell no. I even ban him in Ranked 100% of the time not because he's overpowered, but because I do not trust my teammates to have the informational awareness and level of understanding of him that I do, and I would quite honestly expect them to feed. Old Eve was the same way, and she was banned at top level play for this very same reason. No one trusted their teammates to play well vs her and only her because she forces such a vast change in attitude in order to win.

Lee Sin gets numbers buff hotfix

Champion Sneak Peek: Brand, the Burning Vengeance just a picture:

brandpromolnct.jpg

God, it's no wonder LoL is known for being noob unfriendly.

I started playing a bit on Sunday. It seems like items are what make or break you a lot of the time, and I can't figure out for the life of me what to buy and when to buy it. It seems like my item choices (generally following the recommended paths) do hardly anything for me.

I just can't figure out worth a damn how to not suck at this game.

HappyBivouac said:
God, it's no wonder LoL is known for being noob unfriendly.

I started playing a bit on Sunday. It seems like items are what make or break you a lot of the time, and I can't figure out for the life of me what to buy and when to buy it. It seems like my item choices (generally following the recommended paths) do hardly anything for me.

I just can't figure out worth a damn how to not suck at this game.

You need to check out www.mobafire.com. Pick a character, sort the builds by score and then follow one of the top guides. The best guides will also give you tips on how to play the character in addition to giving you a solid item build. The site is a huge lifesaver, and a quick glance at a guide can really help you get over the learning curve of a new champ, or if your just learning the game like you are.

Yeah I've been watching videos and reading a lot of mobafire since last night. It definitely helps with getting my head around it, but putting everything into action is a bit more difficult. There's just so much to think about for a game in which everything changes in a fraction of a second.

HappyBivouac said:
Yeah I've been watching videos and reading a lot of mobafire since last night. It definitely helps with getting my head around it, but putting everything into action is a bit more difficult. There's just so much to think about for a game in which everything changes in a fraction of a second.
It also helps to pick one of the beginner champs and stick with them. You can figure out who these guys are because it says recommended when you look at their character page. I started out with Annie, but champs like Ashe, Master Yi, and pretty much any of the recommended people are good choices. There is always a couple of these guys in the free champs every week, so you will have access to one of them all the time. Anyways, whoever you pick, just stick with them. Once you become familiar with a character the game becomes a hell of a lot easier, and at that point you can start focusing on whats going on around you.

Hey, don't fret it. Developing that "game sense" takes time, and can only be won through experience. While item builds do make or break a champ, what's just as important late game is that knowledge of what to do, and when to do it. I would recommend deviating from the recommended paths a bit, as everyone has a different playstyle. How you play Rammus might not be how I play Rammus.

mlth5z.png

Of course, Rammus is easy to play as.

I would like to mention that I dropped cash on Riot, finally. Paid for Caitlin, who's a better DPS fit for me than Tristana is. Tristana's Rocket Jump is REALLY dangerous to use offensively, and her Focus Fire requires her to stand still for maximum effect. Caitlin's abilities let her fight from a distance.

Might buy Rammus, too.

I don't find Rammus particularly easy to play, but I think that's because when I played him I went in with a "I'm a tank, I can stand up to anything!" mentality, which doesn't really work in this game. You still have to always be cautious.

Played a couple of Intermediate bot games with friends just now as Nunu, and ended up doing a lot better. Fun character to play.

I just did a game as Rammus, with full Tier 3 flat Magic Resist runes, and 3 Tier 1 Flat Magic Resist quintessences.

Level 1 with 76 Magic Resist feels so badass. I screwed around all game, and managed to win. I was playing against a Casseopia, and that MR saved me so many times.

caromelo

kensk said:

In the same way that I ban Shen and Zilean because they can clean up your team's mistakes, Nocturne i ban for the opposite.

red13th

I hate playing against Nocturne because everyone I play with (I play Normal only) thinks pushing lanes is so amazing and the best strategy ever (next to focusing fed Mordekaiser).

Pushed lanes.
Nocturne on the opposing team.

...anyone with half a brain can imagine what happens in that situation.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been having loads of fun with Shen, went 10/1/7 earlier (they sucked hard though), but playing with Randoms is beginning to do my head in. Had a game earlier were the entire enemy team were Magic users and not a single person got a MR item.

robatw

dunno what to do, i almost own every normal game when i pick ashe, cait or mf..but it gets pretty boring

and besides these champs and mundo i pretty much suck with every other champ. i am the reason we lose a lot of times.

frustrating. maybe i should just stop playing...

Vlad seriously needs to be balanced. I play him and dominate with him. Other people play him, same thing. Shit needs to stop already.

I'm not sure why he's not being banned in ranked other than the fact that only tanks are being banned in ranked. I guess that could be why? He adds so much utility with his pool and Hemoplague. The game would be better if he was balanced.

Jazzy Network said:
Vlad seriously needs to be balanced. I play him and dominate with him. Other people play him, same thing. Shit needs to stop already.

I'm not sure why he's not being banned in ranked other than the fact that only tanks are being banned in ranked. I guess that could be why? He adds so much utility with his pool and Hemoplague. The game would be better if he was balanced.

He's been nerfed so many times since he was first released that he is only a fraction of what he used to be. I think he is now relatively balanced if you know what you are doing against him. If fed like any other character, of course he's going to hurt. Right now though, he's more of a pubstomper than anything which is really just too bad.

Ikuu said:
Been having loads of fun with Shen, went 10/1/7 earlier (they sucked hard though), but playing with Randoms is beginning to do my head in. Had a game earlier were the entire enemy team were Magic users and not a single person got a MR item.

Did you play against me yesterday? I had the same situation, but in reverse.

Had a crazy powerful Kass and no one on the opposing team got ONE MR item.

Meteorain

FlightOfHeaven said:
Did you play against me yesterday? I had the same situation, but in reverse.

Had a crazy powerful Kass and no one on the opposing team got ONE MR item.

You didn't have me and my Jarvan to wreck him :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vlad's problem is the underlying hero design. It's not a matter of balance so much whether as he "feels" fair or not. And even in his current incarnation he doesn't feel fair. If they nerf him to the point where he feels fair, then he'd be pretty much eve tier.

Halycon said:
Vlad's problem is the underlying hero design. It's not a matter of balance so much whether as he "feels" fair or not. And even in his current incarnation he doesn't feel fair. If they nerf him to the point where he feels fair, then he'd be pretty much eve tier.

Eve is considered a pretty good hero. They were going to buff her a while back when everyone thought she sucked, then someone came out with a great build for her and got to the top of the EU Ladder, and suddenly she was really OP for a while, and they never did anything to her. Same thing happened with Alistair and to some extent Irelia.

I agree with the Vlad thing though, his design is just frustrating to play around when you are playing against him laning or otherwise.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
He's a range, self healing, spamable character with a great escape skill. He doesn't have a particular weakness like most characters outside being weak for the first few levels.

I think the only way to make him fair, would be to turn his spammable Q into the same as Kennan's or Mundo. Where it becomes a shot, not a click. Then he would be a lot more fair to lane against then, with no real change to stats or effectiveness. Just makes it hard for him to freely harass.

I'll also add, Teemo is another one. The shrooms need a change.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I agree with that, although if you turn Vlad's q into a skill shot he'll become even more like Kennan.

I don't know, he was just a bad idea in general.

Home

Teemo changes previewed by Morello

Here are the currently slated Teemo changes;
Noxious Trap
Added new visible reload timer, showing time until next trap is ready.
Mushroom reload time increased to 35/31/27 from 30/26/22
Damage reduced to 200/400/600 from 250/475/700
Fixed a bug that calculated the AP coefficient lower than intended
Move Quick
Cooldown increased to 22 seconds from 13

In the post here he states they are being made to make it a little harder for teemo to split push, since with he shrooms acting as a minefield he can pretty much push and get out unscathed where other champs would die.

Changes will be interesting.

AD Alistar is the Jack of all trades, He kills bitches, heals bitches, destroys towers like they're bitches and struts in and out of the field as a tank with his ult on.

Kodiak690

Neo Member
Really? They're nerfing Teemo but not one of the other ridiculously OP champs? What is wrong with Riot?

Being able to split push makes up for his lack of escape/chasing and team fight utility.

Kodiak690 said:
Really? They're nerfing Teemo but not one of the other ridiculously OP champs? What is wrong with Riot?

Being able to split push makes up for his lack of escape/chasing and team fight utility.

That little guy can escape like no other.

Anyways, I think I found a new ranged DPS character more suited towards my playstyle.

2rm4c4p.png

Bento

Been playing as Malphite lately, great character that is really fun and useful in team fights. Have been doing pretty well with my CD reduction boots + Shroud combo as being able to use Ult and Shard (and the Slam for clearing out lanes) as often as possible seems pretty darn useful overall. Going to look into replacing the shroud with some other cd reducing item though but haven't decided for what yet :I

Azar

Bento said:
Been playing as Malphite lately, great character that is really fun and useful in team fights. Have been doing pretty well with my CD reduction boots + Shroud combo as being able to use Ult and Shard (and the Slam for clearing out lanes) as often as possible seems pretty darn useful overall. Going to look into replacing the shroud with some other cd reducing item though but haven't decided for what yet :I
I like running Philosopher's and eventually Shurelyas on Malphite, but Randuin's Omen is always a good choice.

red13th

Bought Lee Sin yesterday and gave him a whirl in a Coop game (that ended up being 4x5 as most of mine do). Pretty fun playstyle. I love how he's all over the place - mini Shen-shield is FUN. He seemed a tad less tanky thas my usual champs (Renekton, Shen, Amumu, Trundle, Garen, recently Jarvan), but I had fun with him. Ult seemed kinda sucky though.
I built Wriggles, Brutalizer, Boots lv.3, Banshee's, GA, Youmuus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom