• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapura

Banned
Alright, thought I'd play a few games of this while recovering from being super mad at Heroes of Newerth. What is the best free hero?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yep, there are some good heroes that are pretty cheap if you want to stick to one after a few games.

Spookie

red_13th said:
Sounds like assassins/gankers. Try Kassadin, Akali, LeBlanc or Nocturne. None of those is free this week though :(

Lee is free this week. Twisted Fate is also good choice and he's quite cheap to buy with IP.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I've been waiting all day to play and now I'm in queue for an estimated 45 minutes. Pretty disappointed.

shintoki said:
It's up if you know the Konami Code

:p
I haven't been told the new code sadly. Sad considering I informed the gaf community about it.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
1. Wait in queue for 15 minutes.
2. Finally log in, go to store to buy new champ.
3. Client times out, get kicked off.
4. Get back in queue, now have to wait 45 minutes.
5. ???
6. Go back to playing TF2.

Don't even bother right now. I just sat in queue and got the same thing. Kicked as soon as I got in. Fortunately, I wasn't really sitting around waiting for it and instead making dinner.

oxrock

WTF!?!?!?! I waited forever to get in, my number finally came up and my client was rejected by server.

Edit: Apparently there was a patch while i was waiting in queue. /sadpanda

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
oxrock said:
WTF!?!?!?! I waited forever to get in, my number finally came up and my client was rejected by server.

Same thing. Waited 30 minutes for the queue and when it finished I get a message saying the server was busy. The new queue is over an hour.

oxrock

Made it through the queue again just to be booted immediately. Wish I believed in signs so I could just stop these shenanigans.

Wes

venison crêpe
So during downtime I was looking at a new hero to play with. I'm thinking Lux. I like being a support and I keep hearing she can do all her stuff from range. The downside being they're all skillshots which I've steered clear from ever since I was abused for missing a couple of snares as Morgana in a game!

Lux is a lot of fun. She's a hybrid of support (snare, slow, shield) and nuke (her snare and slow do excellent damage, and her ult is delectable).

Her major flaw is that she has no dependable escape. Once she burns through Flash and snare (her slow isn't good for escaping), she's kinda fucked.

She's my main caster.

Also, Riot has been really good so far with the servers. This is the first time I've ever had issues. I recently threw them $20 and got Caitlin, Rammus, and the Sherif Caitlin skin.

Kodiak690

Neo Member
Anyone know how bad the Teemo nerfs are? He's by far my favorite champion for pure fun, but I'm really worried they nerfed him too hard, too fast..

I'm especially worried about the wriggles changes, as it is the only thing that can keep me competitive in a mid/solo lane until level 6.

I really hope they didn't ruin my fav champ.

Jenga

Banned
Kodiak690 said:
Anyone know how bad the Teemo nerfs are? He's by far my favorite champion for pure fun, but I'm really worried they nerfed him too hard, too fast..

I'm especially worried about the wriggles changes, as it is the only thing that can keep me competitive in a mid/solo lane until level 6.

I really hope they didn't ruin my fav champ.
just played a game against teemo

seemed to be about the same really

Spire said:
Am I the only one who finds Brand kind of boring?
If he's similar to Annie like others are saying, you're probably not the only one.

Never buy champs the week they come out. Always play them during their free week first. Lesson learned from the whopping 6300 IP I lost from buying Lee Shit on day one.

Since LoL is down and I can't watch streams, I was bored and watched a HoN stream. Holy shit is that game an exact duplicate of Dota. The map, spells, terrain, and everything is a hi res Dota. Oh yea and I had no idea what was going on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DotA/HoN: Fucking trilanes how do they work?

Kodiak690

Neo Member
Jenga said:
just played a game against teemo

seemed to be about the same really

Which spec? I play the on-hit teemo build (wriggles, madreds, wits end, SoTD, etc).. I think AP teemo should be fairly similar, but I'm worried about my spec. Might have to try AS/AD again.

Kapura

Banned
Halycon said:
DotA/HoN: Fucking trilanes how do they work?
Miracles and/or practice. You're trying to either keep the lane completely fucked for the other team or trying to keep the lane safe for one player on your team.

Jenga

Banned
brand is great

but for the love of god do not nerf him

he dies in a second of melee range

or any range really

if they left him at release I'd be happy as a pig in shit

Jenga said:
brand is great

but for the love of god do not nerf him

he dies in a second of melee range

or any range really

if they left him at release I'd be happy as a pig in shit

Seriously.

I would be SO giddy if they kept him as is.

Yeah, the challenge is getting to him.

Once you do it's kinda over, though.

I think he excels late game in team fights, when everyone is too busy to care about that circle of doom.

Somax

The EU server has yet to patch, but the champions have already rotated, so I took the chance to finally try Janna. I quite like supporters in general, and this one seems quite obnoxious for the enemy team. Any hints? In my first (and only) game, I built Rod of Ages / mercury's treads / frozen heart / aegis of the legion and I was going to build Deathcap but we won before I even bought one wand...
I don't know if the aura supporter route is really useful, because I think that this champion will skirt around teamfights instead of getting in the middle of them.

Leezard

Somax said:
The EU server has yet to patch, but the champions have already rotated, so I took the chance to finally try Janna. I quite like supporters in general, and this one seems quite obnoxious for the enemy team. Any hints? In my first (and only) game, I built Rod of Ages / mercury's treads / frozen heart / aegis of the legion and I was going to build Deathcap but we won before I even bought one wand...
I don't know if the aura supporter route is really useful, because I think that this champion will skirt around teamfights instead of getting in the middle of them.
Depending on what level of play you're on you will play a support differently.
It is highly effective to just buy wards, oracles and some 'gold per 10'-items, while letting your carry in the bot lane get all the last hits. This, however, requires a bit of skill on the carry's part. If you have an unskilled carry on the team you will not be able to aid the team meaningfully in this way, even though the wards + oracles is always great. If you play this way, you should grab Greed in the utility mastery tree for 1 gold/10, and 3 gold/10 quints for your rune page. Useful start items are Faerie charm + 3 wards + 2 pots.

Your quoted build seems fine. Aegis is a great item to have if your team doesn't have it already, and Frozen Heart is effective against their AD carries. You should probably consider getting Philosopher's Stone and upgrade it into a Shurelya's, as it is another good support item.

Spookie

Just had an hour long bloody battle. Lost at the end when we went for barren and, Nunu who was getting ganked, thought it best to lead the ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM to us. :(

Other than that holy shit, close as all hell. Malzahar is great fun though has absolutely no way of getting out of a gank other than his ultimate. It's bloody annoying. :(

Jenga

Banned
After playing Brand for a couple of hours I must say this.

He fizzles out by lategame due to his AP ratios.

I actually feel like Riot should up his ratios a bit to give him a bit more punch lategame but then everyone will freak the fuck out and cry OP.

He's great early game, and in mid game teamfights turn the course of battle...but by lategame...man. Just mediocre.

I'm actually considering seeing how he does with heart + FoN.

Ugh I know they had a lot to deal with patching and fixing the servers, but how hard is it to rotate the free champs? It's now Wednesday evening. :/

Wes

venison crêpe
Holy crap Brand can control a lane early! Personally, haven't seen such control since previous iterations of Heimerdinger and Urgot. - the ones I used to always have trouble with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom