• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazzy Network said:
Nothing like losing when you're on the verge of victory and a guy disconnects.

I play with a real life friend sometimes that is a volunteer firefighter. I can't tell you how many games I've been winning and then he just disappears due to a fire call and we lose. I mean I don't have any problem with it, but it is kind of annoying.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Tried Akali this morning and went like 12/3/10, pretty fun character, wish I had got her during the donation.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I still suck. 2/4/20 as Ashe.

Hit in the double digits for arrows across the board. Kills? None till about 40 minutes in. I still get bloody support scores...fuck.

Spookie

So after ragefacing like a moron and uninstalling the game. I refused to accept defeat to this, I was enjoying it so went back with the approach of: Why did I enjoy this in the first place? I started with Nunu so tried using other casters such as Veigar, Sivir and Ryze.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE.

Just wanted to get that out there you know?

Rayven

aka surume
Spookie said:
So after ragefacing like a moron and uninstalling the game. I refused to accept defeat to this, I was enjoying it so went back with the approach of: Why did I enjoy this in the first place? I started with Nunu so tried using other casters such as Veigar, Sivir and Ryze.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE.

Just wanted to get that out there you know?
The upcoming champion is a caster, also try Annie. She hasn't been messed with numbers-wise in forever b/c she is solid.

HeartAttackJones said:
The upcoming champion is a caster, also try Annie. She hasn't been messed with numbers-wise in forever b/c she is solid.
Annie is my favourite and best champ. Shes also the first one I learned how to play properly. Dropping Timbers (I know it's wrong) on people never gets old.

Somax

Did two consecutive full premade ranked 5v5 matches last night, met the same team as opponent both times.
We got horribly steamrolled twice, that was quite depressing.
Oh well, better luck next time. :)

Dooraven

Just played an epic game with shen. Our Shacko started tried to jungle, failed and raged quit.
So it was 4 v 5 for pretty much the entire game. Tanked while Ashe and Velga got kills.

epicness.png

Spookie

HeartAttackJones said:

I'm not sure I like her, I like the ability to stun people as and when I like. I know I can take exhaust but the cooldown is obsene on that spell. Still I'll give her a shot if you say so. :)

Really getting pounded today. Keep laning with complete fucking morons. The guy is on a slither of health, 60hp max, and continues to push for their tower. You know what happens next. Veigar comes along one shots him and at 16 mins in to the game he's 1/9/1. The other deaths were from running in to Veigars cage then proceeding to pull a Debbie Does Dallas and gets double teamed. Every time. Without fail.

I have no problem with loosing as long as the fight was a good one with a bit of banter. But my team mates this morning need to whistle to know which end to shit out of.

Spookie said:
I'm not sure I like her, I like the ability to stun people as and when I like. I know I can take exhaust but the cooldown is obsene on that spell. Still I'll give her a shot if you say so. :)

Really getting pounded today. Keep laning with complete fucking morons. The guy is on a slither of health, 60hp max, and continues to push for their tower. You know what happens next. Veigar comes along one shots him and at 16 mins in to the game he's 1/9/1. The other deaths were from running in to Veigars cage then proceeding to pull a Debbie Does Dallas and gets double teamed. Every time. Without fail.

I have no problem with loosing as long as the fight was a good one with a bit of banter. But my team mates this morning need to whistle to know which end to shit out of.

You are probably still... what lvl 10? Not everyone is going to know what they are doing at that level. Hell, not everyone is going to know what they are doing at 30. It's one of the things I've learned to deal with.

Spookie

thestopsign said:
You are probably still... what lvl 10? Not everyone is going to know what they are doing at that level. Hell, not everyone is going to know what they are doing at 30. It's one of the things I've learned to deal with.

It's not even knowing the basics. I'm fine with that, I have a habit of picking up games very, very quickly. My beef is simply learning from your consecutive eight deaths.

there's something so satisfying about hitting that god-mode state with Tryn, where you've got super high crit rate, high life steal, high damage, and a super fast attack speed, and you're bringing down enemies in 4 - 5 attacks without losing any hp.

Spookie

les papillons sexuels said:
there's something so satisfying about hitting that god-mode state with Tryn, where you've got super high crit rate, high life steal, high damage, and a super fast attack speed, and you're bringing down enemies in 4 - 5 attacks without losing any hp.

He scares the shit out of me when fed. I won't even try fighting him.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Spookie said:
He scares the shit out of me when fed. I won't even try fighting him.
Actually, he's probably one of the easiest to deal with when fed as long as you still have a solid team comp. He's squishy and easy as hell to kite.

Spookie

shintoki said:
Actually, he's probably one of the easiest to deal with when fed as long as you still have a solid team comp. He's squishy and easy as hell to kite.

Every time I attack him Nunu or one of his ilk arrive and he's suddenly 2 hitting me like a tank. I know it's probably down to me over extending though.

On another note. I've found my self rather engrossed on the e-sports side of things which normally, even after my 6 odd years of playing CS, never appeals to me.

shintoki said:

That depends on how much CC the opposing team has. If I'm fully itemized then I can usually take on 2-3 champs at a time and last a good 10 or so seconds on my own against all 5 (without ult).

exhaust is the real killer.

Ferga

oh my god im so sick of players who don't listen to the team in ranked games. Had shaco today who just stood in the mid bush and took all my exp so i was 2 whole levels behind the other guy and when he came to gank he hit him once and started running away. after that he just stood at top lane killing creeps when the turrets at mid were getting ravaged. it was 5v4 for the whole game

why do these people play ranked???

I was stuck with the exact same team twice in a row.

The first time we won, but barely. The second we were crushed. All because of this one jackass who went 1/11/3 and then 1/8/3.

Spookie

FlightOfHeaven said:
The first time we won, but barely. The second we were crushed. All because of this one jackass who went 1/11/3 and then 1/8/3.

I can one up that:

matchmaking.jpg

OH YEAH! :D ... :(

The matchmaking is atrocious. To top it off it keeps landing me with people who don't speak fucking English. How am I suppose to play a team game when I can't even communicate with my team. Would it kill them to put a language filter on matchmaking?

I'm workin my way to my highest ELO ever. Up to 1356 right now. My highest is ~1370. I've been having good success with Teemo. If you build him a little tanky with lots of attack speed, he's really useful. I'd say on average in a game, he attracts about half the ults of the other team, people who especially love ulting Teemo are Ashe, WW, Annie, Veigar, Jarvan, and Cho. I swear, if you pick either Flash + Ghost, or Cleanse. You get out and they are useless for the rest of the fight.

My typical build is Wriggles ---> Merc ---> Wit's End/Malady ---> Frozen Mallet ---> Wit's End/Malady ---> Anything you desire.

Gives you enough MR, Health, and Armor to do a lot.

I played a game as Ashe a few days ago. 16/0/17. My best game ever. It ended up being a straight murder. I haven't played a game like that since, but I guess I'm doing decently.

But I need to start playing a different character that's not Ashe. :(

y2dvd

Pretty much agrees with all of those changes. You simply could not catch Teemo and he get's a free lane to push and farm in all game. Wriggles heals for too much while giving you a ward on top. HoG...I don't think it's that OP but I can see why they changed it.

Been going through elo hell, although some of the games I've lost legitimately. I must've dropped down 100+ in like a week! Still though, the past 2 games were the most satisfying victories in awhile. I was able to command the team perfectly. Sometimes you have to bark orders to tell them where you're at. Playing as Amumu, I had to let them know when my ult is on CD and to not engage in any team battles until it's up. It really helped with the constant communication.

The other game I was playing as Ashe laning against Cho. I'm hugging my tower with very low life. He flash dives in and tries to Feast. Animation starts and everything. You even hear the "oh nom nom nom" sound. But I was able to flash out of feast, hit him with ult, and punish him with tower. Too funny!

y2dvd

red_13th said:
I'm wondering what I should buy with my jungle Amumu's Cloth Armor. Ehh... probably Aegis. RIP HoG :(

Last game I had Aegis, Mercury Boots, Sunfire Cape, and Abysmal Specters and grabbed blue potions and then red whenever I had spare gold. Would've grabbed Banshee's sooner if I had MR problems but we were doing fine so it wasn't needed.

Oh, um to answer the question, Aegis lol. If someone else gets it, I suppose you can make Frozen Heart.

Macattk15

Mmmmm. Cassiopeia buffs. I am already capable of wrecking people with her. Can throw out so much damage with Twin Fang its not even fair sometimes .... that and all her shit is spammable.

NeoCross

Macattk15 said:
Mmmmm. Cassiopeia buffs. I am already capable of wrecking people with her. Can throw out so much damage with Twin Fang its not even fair sometimes .... that and all her shit is spammable.

Cass buffs? Oh fuck yes. I've always enjoyed playing her whenever she's free and always really tempted to buy her whenever I save up 6.3k IP.

Her harassing early game is really good and with rylais you can troll people forever.

I just had an intentional feeder.

How fucking lame. And I still managed a score of 10/4/8, and was the last one standing.

Caitlin has totally replaced Tristana for me. I can't imagine going back. Cait also has an escape, but she has lane control via traps and a safe way to poke with her Piltover Peacemaker. Not to mention her Ult can be used from really safe distances.

Tristana is more of a tower wrecker. She can take a tower from full to 0 in about 10 seconds if she has divine edge at level 6.

Flare

I started playing more than almost a month back. Made it to level 13, mostly with Ashe alone. I think I need someone else to play as though.

Also, I just had the best game in the time that I've played this game. I still have no idea how we lost this game (probably because we let 2 turrets go down because no one killed the minions). It was actually a fun playing too - which is something I can only rarely say.

I'm Death4 (horrible name, it was actually a mistake - my pinky hit the 4 as I was going to press the return key) - and yes, that's Ashe, tried installing a custom skin. Didn't go too well.

6GE9v.png

y2dvd

solblade00 said:
I started playing more than almost a month back. Made it to level 13, mostly with Ashe alone. I think I need someone else to play as though.

Also, I just had the best game in the time that I've played this game. I still have no idea how we lost this game (probably because we let 2 turrets go down because no one killed the minions). It was actually a fun playing too - which is something I can only rarely say.

I'm Death4 (horrible name, it was actually a mistake - my pinky hit the 4 as I was going to press the return key) - and yes, that's Ashe, tried installing a custom skin. Didn't go too well.

Hahaha I started the same way...with Ashe. I actually thought she sucked at first because compared to most of the cast, she's unforgiving in making mistakes. You get caught in a combo and boom, you're dead. Definitely try other characters, especially characters that you don't understand why you're losing to. I went ahead and bought Urgot after getting constantly owned by him, tried him a few games, and now I'm confident fighting against one.

Man playing with/against a fed Sion is scary. Dude stuns carries for 70% health then finishes them off with shield blast. 2-hit combo! Crazy burst.

Spookie

y2dvd said:
Man playing with/against a fed Sion is scary. Dude stuns carries for 70% health then finishes them off with shield blast. 2-hit combo! Crazy burst.

Talking of burst. Nunu is quite amusing too,
even if you can do it only once every 4 mins or so
: Blood Boil, Ice Blast, Flash and ultimate. *evil laugh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom