• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
eznark said:
Did Nasus get some kind of sweet buff in a patch? I took another couple months off but last time I was playing it was rare to see another Nasus. Now I see them everywhere, last night I ever got bitched at for siphoning strike being OP.

lol
Mass Buff, the thing that got changed him was that his Q builds up damage for every kill you get with it. It adds 3.

Let a Nasus free farm, and he'll add at least 100 damage every 10 minutes to it, if not more. 20 minutes in with a Sheen. He'll be doing 1k plus Q's. And the catch is that the Sheen is all he needs. Trinity works even better, but he can build complete defense from then on, while still putting out some of the strongest melee damage in the game.

But it comes at the cost of being one, if not the easiest character to harass in the game. As long as you have a slow, stun, or escape. You won't ever be touched by him.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Nasus' siphon strike always got stronger when you got killing blows with it. Did they increase the rate perhaps?

Edit: He may be lacking in range but he also has a slow. I wouldn't think him the easiest champ to harass.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
oxrock said:
Nasus' siphon strike always got stronger when you got killing blows with it. Did they increase the rate perhaps?
Wasn't it 1 or 2 prior? I can't recall the patch notes since it was several months ago, but If I recall they knocked it up to 3 which drastically increased it's effectiveness.

I thought they increased his base run speed too in the same one.

oxrock said:
Edit: He may be lacking in range but he also has a slow. I wouldn't think him the easiest champ to harass.
Slow is extremely mana intensive(100 mana, and your pool starts at about 300). Till his Q is farmed, it's not too much of a worry. His pool is another mana intensive spell, and is a fairly poor use of mana till your higher level.

Between 1-5, a good range can freely harass him without much repercussion. Pushing him back several levels and preventing his Q from being farmed. Which messes up his entire game.

Had a pretty epic game with Malz. Pretty much losing all game. We lose our inhib. and all lanes pushed. We push most of them back then we catch them at Baron with no ward. I just had a hunch they were there. Went there and sure enough they trying to kill Baron. I walk in head first with my teammates behind me, used my Q, steal Baron, end up acing them and eventually winning due to that. I think the kills at the time were a -8 or so for us. We ended up probably getting even if that. All this with like a 1-10 Olaf feeder.

oxrock

shintoki said:
Wasn't it 1 or 2 prior? I can't recall the patch notes since it was several months ago, but If I recall they knocked it up to 3 which drastically increased it's effectiveness.

I thought they increased his base run speed too in the same one.

Slow is extremely mana intensive(100 mana, and your pool starts at about 300). Till his Q is farmed, it's not too much of a worry. His pool is another mana intensive spell, and is a fairly poor use of mana till your higher level.

Between 1-5, a good range can freely harass him without much repercussion. Pushing him back several levels and preventing his Q from being farmed. Which messes up his entire game.
Just read through the notes, increased the the damage addition mechanic of his Q from 2 to 3. Also increased his run speed from 320 to 325. Guides i'm looking at are all about pumping the Q now. Also, I would imagine any Nasus worth a damn would be a tower hugger if at all possible. Which brings me to my next idea, wouldn't Nasus be happiest in the jungle? Would seem the ideal place to farm his Q.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Why do I have 350 riot points? Not gonna lie, I'm kind of tempted to pick up a few more for Vlad on Sale... but I don't want to spend a cent on the title.

Home

I've been playing a lot of Maokai recently, he's a lot of fun. I strickly go tank, skipping out on AP and just attempting to use his root and shockwave to set up ganks. I'm happy with consecutive 4/4/22 scores.

shintoki said:
Why do I have 350 riot points? Not gonna lie, I'm kind of tempted to pick up a few more for Vlad on Sale... but I don't want to spend a cent on the title.
They gave everyone 350 Riot points due to all the server troubles. I think I'm going to spend mine on Surfer Singed.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I used the RP to buy a boost for IP.

I proceeded to lose every game tonight.

Depressing.

should've bught the IP day boost and played against the AI, you could probably win games in a 20-30 minute window and you only recieve a 25% ip penalty loss.

Kozak

Banned
Hey guys add me: Kralex

I'm down for a game whenever. I'm so sick of playing games matched with randoms..

Would love to play with a 5 man GAF team.

Usually play (AP)Nunu, Lux, Yi and starting to dig Brand.

Spookie

Quite liking Karma, doesn't quite fit the normal support role. Enjoyable to play with a good lane partner.

Not pleased with my team mates being complete grade A bellends and not surrendering when we haven't even downed 1 tower and they are in our base with everyone, but me, well over 5 deaths.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm in a terrible rut at the moment. Can't buy a win. Even playing my ol' faithful Morde. Something must've changed in my playstyle but can't figure it out.

Annoying.

oxrock

I think everyone gets in a rut every once in a while. I generally like to blame it on my bad teammates but honestly sometimes I'm just not on my A game. What helps me is taking a break, playing something else a while and then coming back I get the losing out of my system.

les papillons sexuels said:
should've bught the IP day boost and played against the AI, you could probably win games in a 20-30 minute window and you only recieve a 25% ip penalty loss.

Nah, it's per win, so my boost is intact. Still depressing, though. I've almost completed two Rune pages. I have generic flat Magic Resist for tanks and % crit chance for DPS. What would be good for a generic caster? Flat mana regen?

I'm trying to think about what would be most beneficial early game, since items tend to outweigh runes late game anyways.

Wes said:
I'm in a terrible rut at the moment. Can't buy a win. Even playing my ol' faithful Morde. Something must've changed in my playstyle but can't figure it out.
Annoying.

Same. I was doing pretty solid with Caitlyn and Rammus, when all of a sudden I find myself with almost 25 less victories than wins. I'm even getting positive ratios in game, but end up losing the game over all.

I can't imagine playing a DPS that's not Cait, though. Traps give great lane control and her Ult is very, very safe. I've been thinking about playing Sivir, but that'd mean going back to fearing the bushes again.

Dooraven

From now on, whenever I play a ranked match, I'm going to veto warwick. The supression just keeps on killing me when I ever try to mid with Ashe.

FlightOfHeaven said:
What would be good for a generic caster? Flat mana regen?
My generic AP rune page is Magic Pen marks, mp5/level seals, cooldown reduction glyphs and AP quints. Really the only one I'd consider changing is the quints, since I'm not convinced the AP boost is really worth it. Health or Magic Pen would be good replacements.

So you recommend spreading out the effects? I rather like the idea of focusing on one trait for maximum effectiveness, but I can see how it can be inefficient. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll build something like that, with Quints for Magic Penetration.

for general AP caster I do:
magic pen red
mp5/level yellow
ap/level blue
flat ap quints

ap level blue + flat ap quints is the most efficient combo if you want a boost in AP

FlightOfHeaven said:
So you recommend spreading out the effects? I rather like the idea of focusing on one trait for maximum effectiveness, but I can see how it can be inefficient. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll build something like that, with Quints for Magic Penetration.
Not all runes are made equal, and a stat on a glyph can be far more effective if you buy that stat on a seal instead. The goal is to pick a stat, and find if it's best on a glyph, seal or mark, and buy that stat on that rune type only. It's a bit confusing, but luckily there is a mobafire guide to save ya:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-l...at-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255

Thanks for the guide. I've noticed that with Crit runes. Red gives .92%, Yellow gives .41%, and Blue gives .21%, with Quints giving 1.93%.

So far I've gotten a page with Tier 3 Red, Yellow, and Quint Crits, with Tier 1 Blue Crits. I start a match with 21% crit, which is very nice indeed.

red13th

Dooraven said:
From now on, whenever I play a ranked match, I'm going to veto warwick. The supression just keeps on killing me when I ever try to mid with Ashe.

You really need to get a Quicksilver Sash, it helps a lot if Warwick's been repeatedly ulting you. Either he'll switch to ult someone else or you can just remove the suppression.

VaLiancY

Oh Morello, balance has been a rollercoaster ride with your team in this past two months.

Xin Zhao buffs.
* Q&E skills are unchanged
* W now keeps the active and buffed by 5% on all ranks
* R gives less armor and magic resist but gains more for each champion hit
* Damage per level reduced but base damaged buffed.

Fiddlesticks buff.
* Buff damage on Dark Wind
* Leave damage alone on drain (nerf healing)
* Buff silence duration on Dark Wind (1.2 -> 1.5)
* Trade early game for late game Crowstorm damage.

SRbko.png

"Denying is dying a horrible death." - Morello.

Chozo

I tried jungling again yesterday with Olaf, since it's a skill I need to work on.

I remembered why I don't jungle in pugs.

caromelo

Deny and Huge Crit Parley is the reason why I played GP in the first place. Of course I can see why they are killing deny as it strays from their original vision. Maybe AP GP will be the way to go. :p

Guuuuuuuyyyyyss. I'm tired of playing with (I hate to say it) noobs who either downright suck or disconnect mid-friggin' skillshot (yes, this has happened before), never to be heard of for the rest of the match and ultimately leaving me to solo lane as Taric. .______. Anyone wanna form some sort of organized GAF group of reasonable competent people?

Spookie

Why am I getting matched against level 30's? I'm 15. I'm getting 2 shot by Jax. :/

CaptainMintMan said:
Guuuuuuuyyyyyss. I'm tired of playing with (I hate to say it) noobs who either downright suck or disconnect mid-friggin' skillshot (yes, this has happened before), never to be heard of for the rest of the match and ultimately leaving me to solo lane as Taric. .______. Anyone wanna form some sort of organized GAF group of reasonable competent people?

Would be nice.

red13th

Parrrley's cooldown is already like 4s with Ionian Boots. It's going to be super spammable if they make it even lower. I usually go Tankplank so my Parrrleys don't one-shot anyone.

Played a bit with Trundle yesterday and I had forgotten how much fun he is. I recommend him to anyone who wants a fun jungler. Pillar ganks are great and his ultimate is pretty awesome against the ubiquitous tanky dps.

Kozak

Banned
red_13th said:
Parrrley's cooldown is already like 4s with Ionian Boots. It's going to be super spammable if they make it even lower. I usually go Tankplank so my Parrrleys don't one-shot anyone.

Played a bit with Trundle yesterday and I had forgotten how much fun he is. I recommend him to anyone who wants a fun jungler. Pillar ganks are great and his ultimate is pretty awesome against the ubiquitous tanky dps.

why?

CaptainMintMan said:
There's a group of GAF regulars, but this will be facilitated once Riot adds clan support.

Problem with playing with 4 other GAF members is that sometimes you'll run in to a "pro" 5v5 that'll steamroll you. : /

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finally gave Eve a shot in a Normal match and it's so much fun, especially once you get your Mejais stacks going. Went like 23/5/14 and had 550ap at the end was just about to get a Deathcap and the game ended =(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well not overpowered but getting an effectively guaranteed level advantage in a 1v1 or 2v2 lane is nothing to scoff at.

As much as Riot hates denying it was a surprise when GP came out with built in easy mode experience denial.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno every game I've played with or against him he's failed to really make an impact on the match.

I don't see how his denial is easy mode. Pretty much kill him once, or even just knock him out of lane and you've completely ruined his denial game.

and that's not that hard of a feat since pretty much every champ is a better laner than gangplank to begin with. a gangplank literally has to play a perfect game to effectively deny EXP in any substantial way.

If there's any reason they're getting rid of denial it's that it was a completely ineffective mechanic on the champion

FlightOfHeaven said:
There's a group of GAF regulars, but this will be facilitated once Riot adds clan support.

Problem with playing with 4 other GAF members is that sometimes you'll run in to a "pro" 5v5 that'll steamroll you. : /

Yo, man. I'm all down for getting rolled on by "pro" teams. It only builds experience and is completely beneficial. If any other GAF members are interested in starting up a little more organized, show your interest. I think it'd be really cool if we could get multiple people who specialize with different types of characters for regular teams and such. We can even set up voice chat rooms via Skype or MSN for better coordination.

Leezard

Chopperman said:
I dunno every game I've played with or against him he's failed to really make an impact on the match.

I don't see how his denial is easy mode. Pretty much kill him once, or even just knock him out of lane and you've completely ruined his denial game.

and that's not that hard of a feat since pretty much every champ is a better laner than gangplank to begin with. a gangplank literally has to play a perfect game to effectively deny EXP in any substantial way.

If there's any reason they're getting rid of denial it's that it was a completely ineffective mechanic on the champion
Gangplank's denies makes his opponent underleveled and keeps the lane pushed near GP's tower, making the opponent an extremely easy ganking target, while keeping GP pretty much ungankable. You are pretty much ensured to lose the lane if you face a competent GP. Note that this has different effects in different lanes. Try to set him bot and it will probably fail. Get him top instead and it will most likely ruin the game for a while for his opponent. It is possible to kill the GP if you play aggressively, but it is far from easy when you are underleveled and GP got his own cleanse + heal.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
but it is far from easy when you are underleveled and GP got his own cleanse + heal.

He needs that mana for denial. If you're getting him to pop that constantly you're in a good spot

caromelo

Gangplank can be unbelievably annoying in a solo lane. Sure you can harrass him down to low life but generally speaking, Denyplanks often buy Philo Stones to offset any regen difficulties along with extra pots just so they can stay in lane as long as possible. You're significantly behind in exp and gold, especially when you're not getting any cannon creep kills and you're vulnerable to ganks causing you to be even more behind with a competent jungler/roamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom