• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gangplank seems to be like any other champion; effective in the right hands. Correct placement of his ult can really screw up a team, and his Parley can outright destroy a squishy in two shots.

CaptainMintMan said:
Yo, man. I'm all down for getting rolled on by "pro" teams. It only builds experience and is completely beneficial. If any other GAF members are interested in starting up a little more organized, show your interest. I think it'd be really cool if we could get multiple people who specialize with different types of characters for regular teams and such. We can even set up voice chat rooms via Skype or MSN for better coordination.

We actually do that.

GAF games tend to either destroy the opposing team or get absolutely murdered. I can think of a few instances where it was closely contested.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Luxie! Last 10 games
Defeats
2/2/1
1/1/3
7/4/17
1/5/7
1/2/5

Wins
5/1/15
11/1/21
5/2/27
4/1/17
2/0/3

Go big or Go home!

Last two games were pretty great. Got multiple squishy fools who decided to run straight at my lux. Q/E/Sparkle Beam Cannon. 24 second cooldown on laser is fantastic <3

Dooraven

Hermi is quite fun to play, although you're so much of a target, squishyness ftl (garen used it ulti on me when I was half health and I died :(, and nocturne keeps using paranoia on me :() although rockets + turrets are insanely useful :)

Leezard

Chopperman said:
He needs that mana for denial. If you're getting him to pop that constantly you're in a good spot
The problem only truly arises when the GP starts with two faerie charms and later builds two philosophers, while having the teleport summoner spell. Against a competent GP you will be underfarmed and underleveled. The mechanic is simply broken when he is the only one in the game with it. If the GP doesn't know how to play, then yes: just harass him and kill him.

Wes

venison crêpe
FlightOfHeaven said:
GAF games tend to either destroy the opposing team or get absolutely murdered. I can think of a few instances where it was closely contested.

A full GAF organised game (10 GAFfers) would be ideal as we could spread out the teams evenly on skill elvels and help each other out pre/post game.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Gangplank seems to be like any other champion; effective in the right hands. Correct placement of his ult can really screw up a team, and his Parley can outright destroy a squishy in two shots.

We actually do that.

Let me in on that. My SN is Parris. Sounds like fun.

Wes said:
A full GAF organised game (10 GAFfers) would be ideal as we could spread out the teams evenly on skill elvels and help each other out pre/post game.

Hence my want of clan support.

CaptainMintMan said:
Let me in on that. My SN is Parris. Sounds like fun.

Sure. Mine is SouthernDragon. I can usually arrange a game of 5 GAFfers, but it'd be oh so nice if we could arrange 3v3 or 5v5.

I'm mostly playing Caitlyn and Rammus, although I'm getting back into Garen. If I play him as a DPS, he tends to do much better.

I just add all GAFers to a list within my friends list. If you guys want to play games with other GAFers, just add that type of list and everyone post your SN. Mine is Chronos. If you see a few people online at the same time, ask if they want to play. Pretty simple.

Dooraven

Tyrndamere mid in 5v5s is ridiculously hilarious. Went 60/3/12 against bots and soloed the baron. I really have to try midding with trynd on an actual game but I really don't want to risk it.

Entwain

Been playing for ages and kinda sick of solo ques lately, add me into the gaf roster. Entwain is my handle lvl 30 been on a jungle jarvan kick that's worked insanely well lately.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You definitely get those shitty streaks... 6 losses in a row over the last 3 days.
2, we were up by 10+ kills and multiple turrets. What happens. AFK/Leaving/Raging
2, didn't even get 5 minutes in before someone rages and quits. One of those was a 2v5.
1, we just got pounded on(We couldn't advance past their 2nd row). I still had a perfect game though 9/0/17.
1, we just got out played.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
shintoki said:
You definitely get those shitty streaks... 6 losses in a row over the last 3 days.
2, we were up by 10+ kills and multiple turrets. What happens. AFK/Leaving/Raging
2, didn't even get 5 minutes in before someone rages and quits. One of those was a 2v5.
1, we just got pounded on(We couldn't advance past their 2nd row). I still had a perfect game though 9/0/17.
1, we just got out played.
Back during beta my friend and I would play all the time. One game the whole team left within the first 5 minutes and it was us 2 vs 5. We dominated the living shit out of them and he actually took a screenshot as proof. I really wish that was still possible.

Spookie

Not one to gloat
often
but when you've got one angry neckbeard on your team getting upset with you not supporting his suicidal charges and a 4 person premade opposite to you telling you how they want to "cum on ashes face". It's possibly the BEST FEELING EVER when you steam roll them to victory.

I've got two buddies playing 3s with me Ranked. It's a lot of fun. In general, if you get Morde on your team it's GG, because his ghost turns it 4v2.

General rule of thumb for me: get Morde, one pretty tanky DPS (Jarv, Trundle, WW, Udyr), then someone with a Stun/Disable that can also do a bit of damage. Wins pretty much outright every time. We got dominated early game a few times, and came back late game easily with Ghost.

Macattk15

sogood.png

I love Brand.

Such a long game. So many kills.

21/7 in an hour and 15 min game.

edit : damnit pic isn't showing up.

Touch

thestopsign said:
I've got two buddies playing 3s with me Ranked. It's a lot of fun. In general, if you get Morde on your team it's GG, because his ghost turns it 4v2.

General rule of thumb for me: get Morde, one pretty tanky DPS (Jarv, Trundle, WW, Udyr), then someone with a Stun/Disable that can also do a bit of damage. Wins pretty much outright every time. We got dominated early game a few times, and came back late game easily with Ghost.
How is Trynd in ranked 3s? Just wondering because I play him in normals (not yet lvl30) and it's fairly easy mode. WW, Shen and Trynd team seems to crush in normals. Through, I'm guessing it's a totally different story in ranked.

And CLG lost again. Looks like their setup isn't working too well.

Also, Caitlyn pride! I'll need to adopt her strategy for inbase trap setup. The way Rammus was shut out and people were forced to approach from one side was really nice.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Been watching a little of the LoL stream and Riot really needs to add proper eSport support.

Alien Coded DNA said:
How is Trynd in ranked 3s? Just wondering because I play him in normals (not yet lvl30) and it's fairly easy mode. WW, Shen and Trynd team seems to crush in normals. Through, I'm guessing it's a totally different story in ranked.

I straight out ban him every time. There just aren't enough people against him to deal with him properly in a 3v3.

Touch

thestopsign said:
I straight out ban him every time. There just aren't enough people against him to deal with him properly in a 3v3.
Well, that's good to know. I really need to pick up more champs for 3s for when all mine "mains" get banned. :D
Who would you recommend as a Trynd replacement?

Dooraven said:
Tyrndamere mid in 5v5s is ridiculously hilarious. Went 60/3/12 against bots and soloed the baron. I really have to try midding with trynd on an actual game but I really don't want to risk it.

It's not that bad, if I'm mid with tryn I usually pick up smite to help with getting ranged minion kills and getting BL up early, it's also useful to farm wolves and banshee's whenever you have a free moment.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
oxrock said:
Back during beta my friend and I would play all the time. One game the whole team left within the first 5 minutes and it was us 2 vs 5. We dominated the living shit out of them and he actually took a screenshot as proof. I really wish that was still possible.
Had a 3v5 win, but we had a perfect comp when we did it. It was back when Sona was God Tier, Same with Morde.

Finally won one, went 9/1/14. Had to lane solo against an Olaf and Malph with a fairly bad Eve who was either afk or mia half the time. Not to mention stole my first kill. Caught their Olaf right in range of the turret and she only hit him once with her bloody AE thing.

And next game... blew by stupid laning. Let's put two melee against a Singed and Lux. Followed by having one of the most imbalanced matches Urgot against Karth. Instead... let's not do that because our Urgot doesn't want too. Christ I was in a pissy ass mood this entire game.

Merovin said:
Been playing this a lot with mates lately, absolutely loving it.
Summoner name: Merovin90.

Spookie said:
tehspookeh \o/
Added a bunch of you, but the two above do not exist.

If you see me online, remind me that you are a GAFfer so that I can add you to my GAF list. I can't do it when you're offline, which is dumb.

Also, GAREN IS NOT A FUCKING TANK

People always get upset when they see me not going the tank route.

Flare

I started getting into playing with Alistar, and I love his Pulverize+Headbutt combo. The problem is luring them in, I can't seem to do that (flash really help with this though).

I've also noticed that I'm a pretty inconsistent player. Maybe it's my teams, or maybe just me. I don't get it.

Name's Death4 if you wanna add me.

Ferga

just won a level 30 5v5 game in 20mins 30seconds. I was Alistar.

win as in taking the nexon too not surrendering. took all the turrets and inhibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom