• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halycon said:
Certain champions have one super build that just shits all over other builds.

For example, rushing catalyst on every AP hero. It's just plain better than any other early game option, and then later, you build it into an RoA. After that you go for Cap.

It's kind of annoying that Cap is so efficient it's a must on any AP hero. If you want to break 400 before 30 minutes, you have to get Cap. And if you don't, people will yell at you when you're not burning a path through their team with Brand/Lux/Morgan/whatever.

Yeah I agree that most of the times AP champs have to get RoA and Cap to do well.

There are definitely other strategies, but they are much more risky.

Uchip said:
bad gangplanks
everywhere

Does he play a lot differently?

Uchip

Banned
Lead Based Paint said:
Does he play a lot differently?

was actually talking about one we had in our game
haven't actually played since the new patch

what is everyones highest rating?
mine is 1592 :S
its so difficult to get a good team every time and i feel that I dont belong in this ELO

Taric's manly new art allowed me to go 4/0 and get the other team to surrender at 20:37.

It seems that whenever I play a new champion, I get to go on a three game streak to win. Happened with Amumu last week, too.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I have a question for you guys:

I been trying AD Sona for the lol, but she turned out to be really great with AD build. Core build with Shoe/Sheen/tear, building up to tri Froce. I been enjoying autoattack -> q -> autoattack combo that take out 1/3 of enemy health. Sona's AP scale so bad that the difference is barely noticeable, the only thing she losing is her CDR in her AP builid.

The problem is I don't know what to do after building trinity force, should I get Gul Rageblade for the attack speed and AP, or IE for the damage? Does having to proc trinity force made attack speed a pretty useless stat? Since she has to cast a spell between attacking instead of just spamming auto attack. Or attack speed does help her attack faster even when her cast cancel out her auto attack?

The games I been experimenting either have someone else in my team feeding, or we end the game way too fast before I finish Trinity Force.

Steaks

Do you guys think AD itemization is good then? Not in terms of raw damage items, but utility.

It seems like AP utility is really good, but there's no straight "what kind of damage am I shooting for" options. While in AD it's the exact opposite.

This might be because of how CDR + AP itemization works. While ASPD + AD itemization is much better mixed and looks more attractive.
Uchip said:

its so difficult to get a good team every time and i feel that I dont belong in this ELO
1469. Not great, but it's well above average. It's my current rating too :p
FlightOfHeaven said:
Taric's manly new art allowed me to go 4/0 and get the other team to surrender at 20:37.

It seems that whenever I play a new champion, I get to go on a three game streak to win. Happened with Amumu last week, too.
I am so upset Taric is no longer as fabulous :(

Actually, I thought Fiddlesticks was too powerful before. He'd just pop out and eat a squishy alive, while silencing an entire team in the process.

They did buff he ratios, right?

idlewild_

Margalis said:
Fiddle's AP ratio buffs are tiny and don't in any way make up for his base damage reduction. The AP increase on drain is 0.02!

per tick, or a .12 increase overall. his ratios are 'terrible' b/c all of his attacks hit multiple times. he does a fair amt of dmg to a team, but he can't really burst down a single person unless he can get off a ulti+silence+fear+drain combo on them, which is unlikely. overall, i'd say he took a slight nerf, but not as bad as people are saying.

Steaks

The biggest thing about the Fiddle changes is they adjust his stability so that if they buff him he's not some sort of unstoppable beast if you don't have a hard disable in a lane.

Uchip

Banned
kiunchbb said:
I have a question for you guys:

I been trying AD Sona for the lol, but she turned out to be really great with AD build. Core build with Shoe/Sheen/tear, building up to tri Froce. I been enjoying autoattack -> q -> autoattack combo that take out 1/3 of enemy health. Sona's AP scale so bad that the difference is barely noticeable, the only thing she losing is her CDR in her AP builid.

The problem is I don't know what to do after building trinity force, should I get Gul Rageblade for the attack speed and AP, or IE for the damage? Does having to proc trinity force made attack speed a pretty useless stat? Since she has to cast a spell between attacking instead of just spamming auto attack. Or attack speed does help her attack faster even when her cast cancel out her auto attack?

The games I been experimenting either have someone else in my team feeding, or we end the game way too fast before I finish Trinity Force.

:|

Touch

So, you can't Headbutt>Pulverise, with Alistar anymore... but I have been landing Pulverise>Headbutt all day long. If you Ghost or Flash in this combo is just as good. And if you get a good gank off you don't even need Flash or Ghost. Stun then knock back into turret or teammates.

bluemax

Banned
Alien Coded DNA said:
So, you can't Headbutt>Pulverise, with Alistar anymore... but I have been landing Pulverise>Headbutt all day long. If you Ghost or Flash in this combo is just as good. And if you get a good gank off you don't even need Flash or Ghost. Stun then knock back into turret or teammates.

Pulverise -> Headbutt was always the combo to shoot for. You've just been doing it wrong.

Touch

bluemax said:
Pulverise -> Headbutt was always the combo to shoot for. You've just been doing it wrong.
Where did I say I haven't been doing it? I'm just saying P>H hasn't changed. All people are talking about is the H>P so...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's that wonderful time again... when heaven will either smile down or piss on. Karth free week.

Rumble seems fantastic too. Definitely saving my IP for him. About 1k short right now(Bought Vlad a few weeks ago ^_^)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Janna is so good.

Whenever you post, shintoki, you remind me of Janna.

Steaks

HeartAttackJones said:
I'm not an Ali player, but wasn't H>P used to close distance and stun?
Yes, that's exactly what it was used for. It wasn't ideal initiation but it worked for chasing or if your flash was down and there were no walls nearby.

See you in 3 weeks or so, by the way :)

Wait, I just got his abilities mixed up, and completely forgot that Headbutt could dash in. I almost never saw it used like that, but it makes sense. D'oh

caromelo

Uchip said:

I've been hovering around 1550+ for awhile now. Which is pretty good considering that is approximately the top 7% of the ranked ladder userbase. I find it annoying how people start trolling ranked and turn into asshats.

That's what I use normal games for! :D

Uchip

Banned
caromelo said:
I've been hovering around 1550+ for awhile now. Which is pretty good considering that is approximately the top 7% of the ranked ladder userbase. I find it annoying how people start trolling ranked and turn into asshats.

That's what I use normal games for! :D

normal games are far less fun though
dupe heroes and people are more likely to act like idiots
anyone at 1550-ish level want to solo ranked i am down for it
as long as you have a mic

I main ap and support (lux, karma, sona, brand, katarina)
used to main ranged dps so thats there too (miss fortune, teemo , caitlin, kog)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:
Janna is so good.

Whenever you post, shintoki, you remind me of Janna.
I fit her perfectly :p

30jp9qp.jpg

Still my favorite, and I personally think the best character in the game.

Haly

I wish LeBlanc was better. I really love using her but she's so kill dependent and tanks ruin her lane phase.

Ferga

Jazzy Network said:
What's your setup with Swain? I've done ok with him, but never really well unless I get fed early on.

i got 19ap on runes with all magic resis and armor runes. Get flash and ignite. I start with a dorans ring. I get my W first.

The key is to hit the opponent twice with W before level 2 (they should be under 1/2). After level 2, get your E. Hit with W, hit with a E, (flash here towards them if you think you cant kill them), ignite, auto attack. First blood in less than 2-3 minutes. I usually do this without getting hit once by them (just by minions) so i keep farming until they come back. I repeat my combo and if i run out of mana, I B. Repeat and get fed hard.

My build is a dorans, catalyst, boots, then the rest i constantly change depending on the other team

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Haha just tried Janna for the first time and it went pretty good, tried to let others grab the kills but I ended up getting a triple kill pretty earlier, finished 6/0/17.

Spookie

Man this game is full of cretins the closer you get to 30!

Just had one person who rage quit after I called mid (playing Irelia, ended up carrying the team to victory). Then another who, since the team wouldn't surrender, just started feeding. :/

On a happier note Ireila is very, very good.

y2dvd

Spookie said:
Man this game is full of cretins the closer you get to 30!

Just had one person who rage quit after I called mid (playing Irelia, ended up carrying the team to victory). Then another who, since the team wouldn't surrender, just started feeding. :/

On a happier note Ireila is very, very good.

I hate Irelia's heal. It's too good!

Ferny

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm on the most epic losing streak.
I hear you man. I been rolling with Shen lately and its frustrating that I feel like my team never does well enough for me to really have an effect. I had like 2 games where we were doing well, but then someone left and couldnt much after that. Hopefully the LoL gods are kind to me the next couple games.

Spookie

FlightOfHeaven said:
I've found less cretins at level 30, actually.

Oh goody something to look forward to then!

Such an epic game just a moment ago. Had Brand crying how he couldn't go mid since I took it and told me: "People like you die young". He then proceeds to die within 3 mins of the game starting and AFKs till it's over. Regardless. This is why Irelia goes fucking mid.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Spookie said:
Oh goody something to look forward to then!

Such an epic game just a moment ago. Had Brand crying how he couldn't go mid since I took it and told me: "People like you die young". He then proceeds to die within 3 mins of the game starting and AFKs till it's over. Regardless. This is why Irelia goes fucking mid.
Looking at it, I'd probably argue you played a weak team with no strong counter to Tyrand. More than Ire getting mid.

Not to mention, it looks like they had a feeder also.

Spookie

shintoki said:
Looking at it, I'd probably argue you played a weak team with no strong counter to Tyrand. More than Ire getting mid.

Not to mention, it looks like they had a feeder also.

Brand was simply incompetent rather than a feeder I always found him solo in a lane end game likely the pro matchmaking system at work there again. Hell I've had levels from 7 to 30 in some games.

Me and Tyrand ran as a duo once I hit 17, I tended to soften targets up for him (charge + stun turn on true damage and hope for the best) and he'd get KB's once I'd ran for cover after attracting the attention of everyone on the team.

Haly

Haven't played kat in a while, so I wanted to see how her new double dipping ult works out.

Except I went pure AP anyway.

I forgot how easy it was to dominate a solo lane with her.

Haly

kensk said:
Do you guys think AD itemization is good then? Not in terms of raw damage items, but utility.
Still poor. Items like SotD, Wit's End, Hexdrinker are rarely used because they can't be upgraded and because they're too situational. Between Black Cleaver and Bloodthirster, people almost always go for BT because the peak damage is just plain better. IE is also a staple damage item.

As for ASPD, Phantom Dancer is also an "obvious" choice, only Starks comes close.

Oh, and let's not forget Youmuu, which is good on everything.

Steaks

I disagree that Wit's End is useless, it actually has some developing uses that no one at mid Elo gets yet. It's actually a much more common item on Teemo and WW these days. Mostly for shutting down a specific person ASAP.

The point of the lower price point is the utility is supposed to be a tradeoff for endgame usefulness. I actually see that a lot of tanky items are better suited for this (HoG, Catalyst) and there's less in the 1000-1500g item range for AD. While stuff that's useful to AP users/Tanks is much better. Maybe Hexdrinker would be better if the price got dropped and kept similar utility.

Bulzeeb

Hi, I've been playing an attack speed kog'maw lately but I've been thinking on trying new champions just in case so which ones benefit from these runes so I don't have to buy new ones
Greater Mark of Alacrity: +1.7% attack speed
Greater Seal of Replenishment: +0.41 mana regen / 5 sec.
Greater Glyph of Force: +0.17 ability power per level (+3.06 at champion level 18)
Greater Quintessence of Celerity: -0.13% cooldowns per level (-2.34% at champion level 18)

thanks in advance =D
Edit: been thinking on trying Irelia, Katarina, Warwick, Evelym or Nocturne

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some teams just aren't fun to play... Ire, Xin, Alistar, Taric. What do they all have in common? Self healing.

And I never realized how spammable Alistar healing is. Had one continually spam it everytime it was up, and his mana bar never really went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom