• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
witchedwiz said:
rather...
did you check their kill difference?
120 kills to 55 if i counted 'em right..
and you manged to get your ass kicked to the nexus?
no offense, but either you took turn at playing, OR you purposedly delayed the game, because the kill counts alone would make you the winner by a WIDE margin...
plus...
considering both your ap and eve ap, veigar should always blow either of you up straight away during a teamfight, instead his score is pitiful...
no offense man, your score is good and all, but you're playing against say lvl 20? 23? :X

Also I'm a bit annoyed at the 3 Rabedons. Sure Rabedons gives you a good amount of AP but I bet he ran out of mana hella fast in those team fights (which may be why they got to their nexus). An Archangels or Rod of Ages would have been a much better than an extra Rabadons.

Spookie

red_13th said:
Seems to be yet another female ranged DPS, but this time with a crossbow. I suppose because bows, guns, cannons and sniper rifles were already taken.

Hurrar more busty fan service champions! Maybe we can have her bending over in her profile shot to show more cleavage guys!

/sarcasm - It reminds me of those ads for Evony.

sohois

witchedwiz said:
rather...
did you check their kill difference?
120 kills to 55 if i counted 'em right..
and you manged to get your ass kicked to the nexus?
no offense, but either you took turn at playing, OR you purposedly delayed the game, because the kill counts alone would make you the winner by a WIDE margin...
plus...
considering both your ap and eve ap, veigar should always blow either of you up straight away during a teamfight, instead his score is pitiful...
no offense man, your score is good and all, but you're playing against say lvl 20? 23? :X

Their Karthus left, as you can see from the LEAVER under his name. He got a few kills so he was presumably playing for a while but it makes sense for them to struggle 4v5.

sohois said:
Their Karthus left, as you can see from the LEAVER under his name. He got a few kills so he was presumably playing for a while but it makes sense for them to struggle 4v5.
that doesn't change one of my point...
he says he had 1030 ap.. veigar had at least 450+ (and i'm flying low).. anivia had no hp or mres item... veigar ult by itself should have made him fly to the moon..
aka
500 + 1030x 0.8+ 500x1 = 2000+ damage.. so roughly anivia's baseline lvl 18 hp :)
hence i'm saying their veigar was a tard or a bad player.. your call..
considering eve's presence(not her item, since as someone else pointed out, in a long match after the first rabaddon you should always aim for archangels...) someone on the other team SHOULD always have picked an oracle, but if her stats are an indicator they clearly ignored any oracle//ward and travelled alone, else like hell in a 4vs5 eve could mange 41 kill :)

I repeat man, no offense you did good and all, but till you hit 30 you're most pitted against random scrub, and even at 30 there's an abyss between a player with 400 win and another one with 1500+ win :)

Uchip

Banned
PVP.net patcher :O
anyone with 500+ wins feel free to add me "Uchip"
alternatively if you're quite new you can add my other lvl30 alt "Uhcip"
:)

Uchip

Banned
also thought id like to point out that this threads title is retarded
HoN is the dota clone, LoL is very different

My HoN name is the same as my LoL one if anyone plays
im 1700 rated so dont expect me to play with you in matchmaking if you are like 1300

Entwain

brian! said:
I won't invite my housemate next time -_-

Honestly bad games happen, i laughed about it afterwards, just gotta realize he was vs an essential glass cannon, i just had no time to get to her before the damage was done :)

FlightOfHeaven said:
Wait wait wait...

Frozen Mallet is one of the worst items in game? What?

Yup. As a first item it is atrocious. It doesn't do nearly enough damage as it needs to. If anything it's more of a tank item until late game, but any tank worth his salt will never pick up that as a first item.

well, yeah, as first item it's a bad idea.

Oh yeah! GAF game, GO

2z8ybf5.png

I was clearly the weakest link, hahahaha

Mr.Fresh

So I'm about to try and get into this game do to my cousin who plays this game nonstop. I have never played anything like this game ever.
Any tips?

Entwain

Do a few customs with some of the free heroes before you jump into normals, some might argue with it but you'll at least know some of the champs abilities and be able to do something.

Just put your anti flame helmet on when you enter normals and find out 50% of people on league are trolls before 30 (higher % at 30 imo)

EXGN

Ace_235 said:
So I'm about to try and get into this game do to my cousin who plays this game nonstop. I have never played anything like this game ever.
Any tips?

Be aware of things that are happening throughout the map. It's never just you versus the person you are laning against - there are four players on your team and the other.

If you are winning a one-on-one with another player but see all the other characters disappear off the map, that means they are coming for you.

If you chase an enemy with low life half way across the map, his/her teammates will come to kill you.

If you see an enemy player over extend into your territory, punish him/her by sneaking up behind him and trapping him.

Just pay attention to the grand scale of the fight, work together with your team and try not to fall into traps yourself and you'll do alright.

Also, I would suggest experimenting with a few characters you like, picking one and sticking with him/her. It's a lot easier to learn the game if you consistently know how to play one character well - it's the one variable you can control, which makes picking up the the basics more manageable.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just last hit mobs, don't auto-attack and push the lane. Just ignore everyone who talks shit, they're going to be just as bad (apart from the odd alt account/smurf), the game is filled with people who blame everyone else even though they're the ones who messed up.

Entwain said:
Do a few customs with some of the free heroes before you jump into normals, some might argue with it but you'll at least know some of the champs abilities and be able to do something.

Just put your anti flame helmet on when you enter normals and find out 50% of people on league are trolls before 30 (higher % at 30 imo)
well there are some buffoon like me as well XD
Playing kassa with a friend playing alistair, and he was getting flamed over and over "omg alistair you suck"
I was 2/1/0 with him being 0/0/2 @ 10 mins mark, mind you...
Long story short I played to make him godly early on, stopped last hitting, and went into harrassing mode, letting ALWAYS alisgtair get the kills..
end of the story, we closed at 29 mark with me being
2/2/9 and him 9/1/2 and we raped our lane..
then we started moving around the map and well, since he was beefed he could do some nice early tower dive+toss that ensured our victory :X
I hate when ppl QQ about a champion... There is no REAL worthless champion, only worthless players at most, so when someone Q_Q about a champion pick, I make my duty for that game to beef up that champ :p
Yeah, I'm crazy, but when playing non-ranked game I like to have my share of fun

Spookie

Ikuu said:
Just last hit mobs, don't auto-attack and push the lane. Just ignore everyone who talks shit, they're going to be just as bad (apart from the odd alt account/smurf), the game is filled with people who blame everyone else even though they're the ones who messed up.

Yuuuuuuurp. I know this has already been said but:

Don't chase down an enemy champ unless you are 100% sure where everyone is at that present time. I'm sick of seeing "omgz why u not help NOOB!!!!11one". After watching someone tower dive then run in to a group of his team mates waiting in the brush to gank him.

EXGN said:
Just pay attention to the grand scale of the fight, work together with your team and try not to fall into traps yourself and you'll do alright.

Just doing this followed by calling missing and you'll be more competent than nearly everyone else in the level 1-20 bracket.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Don't stand near the enemy tower.
Constantly glance at the mini map, call missing if you don't see your opponent in a lane.

Flare

Spookie said:
Yuuuuuuurp. I know this has already been said but:

Don't chase down an enemy champ unless you are 100% sure where everyone is at that present time. I'm sick of seeing "omgz why u not help NOOB!!!!11one". After watching someone tower dive then run in to a group of his team mates waiting in the brush to gank him.

Just doing this followed by calling missing and you'll be more competent than nearly everyone else in the level 1-20 bracket.

Fucking this stupid shit.

Also wards, use them, they will save lives so many times. Sometimes I think I'm the only one warding and it's incredibly inconvenient for a non-roamer/jungler champ to ward the map. Let your team know when an Enemy champ is missing from their lane even if you think they might be there but you can't see them. Best to be cautious.

Always keep moving around too, it makes it easier to avoid ults from enemy champs (i.e. Ashe)

Ikuu

I just don't understand how some people are so bad at this game, how do you go 4/13/2 and get 40 creep kills in a 50 minute game, it's like you have try hard to be that bad. So depressing.

caromelo

Ace_235 said:
Any tips?

Also, add Nesscakes as your friend for free wins. I've been smurfing it up lately for funsies. :p

Rayven

aka surume
Ace_235 said:
Any tips?
Some good tips already mentioned, also try Battle Training under tutorials and play a game of Co-op vs AI with some friends.

It's such an experience based game, those dry runs will help a lot before playing against human opponents.

Ikuu

Shit like this is so depressing, probably my best game in terms of farming, and my team mates are complete retards. Some of the level 30's had like 600 wins and still they suck hard =(. I really need to find people to play with, in-game name is Ikuu00 if anyone from EU wants to play sometime.

Uchip

Banned
Ikuu said:
I just don't understand how some people are so bad at this game, how do you go 4/13/2 and get 40 creep kills in a 50 minute game, it's like you have try hard to be that bad. So depressing.

your rating/elo must suck if you get that kind of player lol

Just won a game with Entwain. I was Swain he was Twitch. We had the same exact score. 10/2/8 with 80 cs. Only thing he had on me was 3 turrets to none. Mad weird.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Contact MisterMysterious, Chronos, KenSK, SouthernDragon, J Rizzle, Bronn21 or Entwain for good times.

Damn, I just got two friend invites that I turned down because I didn't know who they where. Resend the requests to MisterMysterious.

Entwain

Jazzy Network said:
Just won a game with Entwain. I was Swain he was Twitch. We had the same exact score. 10/2/8 with 80 cs. Only thing he had on me was 3 turrets to none. Mad weird.

Really creepy, dominated but the same scores, and creep kills was nuts o_O

red13th

Archie said:
Just went 15-5 with Mumu and still lost. Love this game.

Amumu is ridiculously fun to play against unorganized team. Last time I played him the opposing team would always clutter up, it was so easy to catch 3 or 4 of them in an ult.
Feels good.

Man... After an excellent game last night I got destroyed. I was playing as Cait against Ez mid. I was doing pretty good... until I noticed the score was 13 - 1. I was the only one to have made a kill against them. We proceeded to get destroyed We had two ineffective tanks, and our Ez was outplayed by theirs.

But the excellent game earlier was excellent. We were losing horribly, and lost almost every team fight. Hell, the first baron was ours and we died (well, not me) immediately afterwards. We caught them off-guard a couple of times, though, and at one point managed to smash their top second tower, top inhibitor tower, top inhibitor, mid inhibitor tower, mid inhibitor, and bot second tower. We all died afterwards, since we didn't have staying power, but damn it was awesome.

Also, Tiamat, Philosopher's Stone, and Sunfire Cape means Malphite is never at a loss for health, mana, damage, or gold. I know people here hate on my terrible builds, but Tiamat works surprisingly well on Malphite thanks to his W's passive. In team fights it means I can swing around wildly and do damage everywhere. I do something like 150 per hit to the main target and 120 to everyone around me, not counting Sunfire or my W's active.
339n0bc.png

Oh, that Fervor? Joke item (kinda). It was my last item 3 minutes before we won the game. I really want to give Malphite (and Shen) attack speed of some sort because they deal so much and so quickly. Especially Shen, his base attack speed is pretty good.

"A little late, but what happened to summoner's rift winter?"

They held a public vote, IIRC and replaced it with Halloween Summoner's Rift. I think everyone was tired of Winter Summoner's Rift (I know I was).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom