• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
The only difference between Garena's RP discounts is that they're not always there. It's like a promo thing twice every year IIRC. Whereas in other servers like NA it's permanent as long as you buy a huge amount of RP.

Garena also used to let you rent some skins using Energy, which was a currency you earned just by being logged in. I think you can only buy XP and IP boosts with it now?

Yeah they still do. Garena energy increases so slowly though. I'm already level 96 on my Garena account yet it still stacks very slowly. I get like 5k Energy every 2 or 3 months and spin apps gives much more for very little time. 1 day XP boosts is 1k energy, 4 win ip boost is 3k energy while 1 day ip boost is 5k energy.

Nev

Banned
Lmao Newt calling me out on my taste yet he plays Kayle. Probably one of the most disgusting, binary and toxic champions in the game; absolutely revolting kit.

I went 12-0 this weekend in ranked solo + ranked 5s games. League was fun for once!

Also I found out I am now 9-0 this season on Nocturne (including going 5-0 this weekend). I think building him Cinderhulk and using him to engage is very effective right now.

Ambition

Damn son I forgot
3124.png
existed

Edwardo

Played against a Darius and I didn't realize they made his Q have a wind up now. Not that it wasn't obvious when he'd be trying to get you with it anyways.

Fiend

I went 12-0 this weekend in ranked solo + ranked 5s games. League was fun for once!

Also I found out I am now 9-0 this season on Nocturne (including going 5-0 this weekend). I think building him Cinderhulk and using him to engage is very effective right now.

Sated Devourer all the way for Noc. Those double procs are so nice. You've got enough chasing and engaging potential without Cinder.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only difference between Garena's RP discounts is that they're not always there. It's like a promo thing twice every year IIRC. Whereas in other servers like NA it's permanent as long as you buy a huge amount of RP.

Yeah they still do. Garena energy increases so slowly though. I'm already level 96 on my Garena account yet it still stacks very slowly. I get like 5k Energy every 2 or 3 months and spin apps gives much more for very little time. 1 day XP boosts is 1k energy, 4 win ip boost is 3k energy while 1 day ip boost is 5k energy.

all of this sounds insane to me haha

i wonder why is it that the f2p stuff always gravitates to that kind of convoluted multiple currencies with different ways of earning it crap instead of just making it super easy and simple to spend money

i kinda wish league did it like doto, skin is 8 bucks and that's it, tho i'd miss my "lesser region" discounts so i guess it evens out somehow

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I bought the champion bundles a while back and paid like 40 bucks for like half the available champs. Now im using IP to buy the rest of the champs, slowly but surely.

zkylon

zkylewd

Nekofrog

Banned
Holy crap J4 is buggy. Passive doesn't work and my AAs are invisible. Fuck me

i had a J4 on my team the other night. i was jungle, just watching his lane every so often and he literally had no auto attack animation.

J4 went from having no passive to having no auto attack in a matter of a week or two.

jerd

I think i need to buy some rp or something so riot will let me get through my promos without bugsplatting 50 times

Ambition

What is it with people thinking junglers are suppose to win the lane for you?

i had a J4 on my team the other night. i was jungle, just watching his lane every so often and he literally had no auto attack animation.

J4 went from having no passive to having no auto attack in a matter of a week or two.

I almost didn't recognize you with that new avatar of yours :p

Sated Devourer all the way for Noc. Those double procs are so nice. You've got enough chasing and engaging potential without Cinder.

No. Devourer is way to feast or famine for me. I really don't like going it as I prefer reliability. He has enough damage to blow up squishies as a tank while building Hexdrinker, and he doesn't die the second he runs into a team fight in the mid-late game. I've been going Cinderhulk --> Hexdrinker/Randuins/Mercs core --> Frozen Mallet/Banshees/Thornmail for late game.

Mind you this depends on what type of champs we get in the top lane and support. If they are tankier champs, I can afford to build some more damage.

So now that the server change has sinked in for a while, ignoring your new ping floor (but still keeping in mind fluctuation), how stable has the connection been for you guys?

I jumped from 54 to 82 ping when it happened and it was having insane 500 ping spikes the first week until it settled down now to the still unstable 81-145~ range. I thought I would just get used to slightly more latency but it shifts from game to game almost as if it was peer-based or something. Occasional packet loss and bizarre moments where everything is running smoothly but my clicks won't respond.

I ask because a couple of people I play with have said that although their ping floor thankfully went down a lot, they've also been suffering a lot of newfound problems.

zkylon

zkylewd
also from what i gather devourer got a pretty sizeable nerf this patch so maybe warrior's a better idea? at least in games you can't really count on getting a ton of stacks

i duno about cinderhulk, i always felt nocturne was more of a carry jungler but that's just laner's perspective of "this fucking guy just jumped me from half the map and one shot me again.."

edit: dobs u should put on links to previous ots art... i miss pink ot ;_;

Nekofrog

Banned
Warrior nocturne is so fking strong. As soon as you get it and level 6 you become an assassin, plus your lane ganks before 6 ate actually pretty decent. Guaranteed flash blown for a few seconds of your time

zkylon

zkylewd
my friends were on such a devourer hype train it was painful

devourer vi is the most unnatural thing ever, it just annoyed me to no end to see them use it -___-

Ambition

my friends were on such a devourer hype train it was painful

devourer vi is the most unnatural thing ever, it just annoyed me to no end to see them use it -___-

I can't help but cringe when I see a Vi going for devourer. It's like picking Lee Sin or Rek'Sai and afk farming the jungle.

Edit: TSM Legends EP 28 is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoWZFtOYzbQ

Also, Scarra's thoughts on the state ADCs and TP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKnutcjdRus&feature=youtu.be

jerd

Did anyone post that theyre doing mass adc rework similar to the juggernauts?

I didn't see it posted but then again i didn't look

JulianImp

After building IP for a while, I've finally made my first champion puchase and bought Nami. Played a couple of games against bots to get used to her abilities, and I'm really liking how her passive gives her spells a lot more versatilty.

The next champion I have in sight is Lulu once Kindred hits, or Kog if its monarch skin goes on sale next week (since I can afford it with the 400 RP I got for free).

Fiend

No. Devourer is way to feast or famine for me. I really don't like going it as I prefer reliability. He has enough damage to blow up squishies as a tank while building Hexdrinker, and he doesn't die the second he runs into a team fight in the mid-late game. I've been going Cinderhulk --> Hexdrinker/Randuins/Mercs core --> Frozen Mallet/Banshees/Thornmail for late game.

Mind you this depends on what type of champs we get in the top lane and support. If they are tankier champs, I can afford to build some more damage.

I go sated, botk, boots depend on enemy champs with a randuins, banshees and black cleaver. You're just ripping through enemies while having enough def.

I'll try out Warriors next time, see where it gets me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy shit, this TSM Legends episode may as well have been called let's all collectively shit on Dyrus and make him feel worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom