• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone know why Nami hasn't been played at Worlds (unless I missed it)? I would think she'd be great with Darius, from her passive she can give him as much move speed as mobis, and with her ult it's even more. Am I blinded because she's my favorite support?
nami has barely been played all year in competitive

there's just always been better supports than her: alistar, thresh, nautilus, janna, annie

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone know why Nami hasn't been played at Worlds (unless I missed it)? I would think she'd be great with Darius, from her passive she can give him as much move speed as mobis, and with her ult it's even more. Am I blinded because she's my favorite support?
Yeah. She's not in such a hot place right now. Low play making potential.

right, unless they're a post-capable member they can't

No, gotta be member

right, figured. well hopefully the code at least worked and someone did actually get something out of it. I think I typed it correctly.

Anyway, last night i played maybe one of the most perfect teamplay games i've ever played. I wish I was recording it since i'd love to have the chat and stuff, but I have a replay. I have to make a recording of it and post it for posterity. Our diana was getting mauled by early game invades by an eve but we put down some defensive pinks and really turned the game around. Everyone was reacting to shit and rotating well, and we one teamfight that was nearly perfect. Rare to see shit like that at high gold/low plat, i feel like.

patchday

Rune whines
Been enjoying my little break from the game (I purchased my 1st IP boost to celebrate hitting 30 and burned myself out lol from trying to get lots of runes over the weekend).

I really do find runes a shatty IP grind but I love the customization they bring to the table.

------

Sales

On the positive front- I see Jinx is for sale. I might snag her.

I also see Syndra going on sale next week. She's kinda weak when compared to Oriana/Victor/Diana so thinking I'm going to pass on her. I played with Syndra a bit during her last free rotation. But I do love the concept of the character. So undecided....

I did buy the Diana skin -- The Goddess one. What I really love bout the skin is the new vfx it adds. I really do love this game. But HOTS added a crap load of content and since I'm a filthy casual that loves a variety of gamemodes (each map is a different game mode) I'm currently getting caught up there.

----------------
Teambuilder changes

More importantly, I am interested in the new Teambuilder mode they rolling out. I love Teambuilder mode. The new changes are a tiny bit scary since you have to pick two roles but thats reasonable. I'm pretty strong as Support/ADC/Mid. Need to work on Top/Jungle

kenbo

She's still a great solo queue support.

Yeah. She's not in such a hot place right now. Low play making potential.

What, she has plenty of play making potential

Her problem is that she can be incredibly unreliable - the popular supports - annie, braum, thresh, alistair, tahm kench... even shen have easy to hit cc and/or utility

hey if you like thresh a lot and dont have championship thresh you should quote this post.

I'm sorry I didn't get to say it earlier, but thanks for the skin! I meant to post, but something urgent happened at work and I didn't get a chance to post immediately after redeeming. I have a lot of fun with Thresh, so it's greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry I didn't get to say it earlier, but thanks for the skin! I meant to post, but something urgent happened at work and I didn't get a chance to post immediately after redeeming. I have a lot of fun with Thresh, so it's greatly appreciated.

okay, great! I was just really worried that the code was a dud or something. Enjoy.

patchday

So was reading this guide for Zac and got depressed because the runes are pretty pricey. I don't mind too much spending my IP on runes cause I buy heroes on sales and its reasonable prices.

But my question: Do I really need to pony up for Seal of Health? Quint of Health?

I don't even understand how big a bonus this is? Are we just talking a minor bonus to my character's starting hit points to get me through early laning?

I'm on a budget being a newly minted L30. I already got all the basic t3 runes. I'm thinking to go with 3 x Quint of Armor on Zac + Seal of Armor

Cant afford Seal of Health and Quint of Health. Trying to grind IP for those runes will just piss me off royally

[edit] just saw some other Zac guide recommend going 3xQuint of AP so maybe I'll go with that

So was reading this guide for Zac and got depressed because the runes are pretty pricey. I don't mind too much spending my IP on runes cause I buy heroes on sales and its reasonable prices.

But my question: Do I really need to pony up for Seal of Health? Quint of Health?

I don't even understand how big a bonus this is? Are we just talking a minor bonus to my character's starting hit points to get me through early laning?

I'm on a budget being a newly minted L30. I already got all the basic t3 runes. I'm thinking to go with 3 x Quint of Armor on Zac + Seal of Armor

Cant afford Seal of Health and Quint of Health. Trying to grind IP for those runes will just piss me off royally

[edit] just saw some other Zac guide recommend going 3xQuint of AP so maybe I'll go with that
When look at guides like that they will usually have the most optimal runes, so usually when your level 30 you want to get AP and AD tunes first. Then if you want to you can continue to make tank and support rune pages. Don't feel like you can't play a champ with out the most optimal runes. I only have 1 ad and 1 AP time page and it is fine.

She's still a great solo queue support.

What, she has plenty of play making potential

Her problem is that she can be incredibly unreliable - the popular supports - annie, braum, thresh, alistair, tahm kench... even shen have easy to hit cc and/or utility

I guess that's probably why, because she's felt like she has the some of the highest play making potential to me because her bubble is so strong.

Nor that I think about it,I guess Braum and Yasuo being able to still completely cancel her ult I'm kind of surprised ur still does that, because her ult is water, I'm probably over thinking it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Two fucking disconnects in my promo series to gold 1 and I don't get loss forgiven or ANY fucking recompense? Riot's system is so fucking stupid, we almost won a 4v5 that went to 45 minutes when our Amumu died to blue and never came back.

What the fuck is Riot doing that people still have to deal with this shit?

Two fucking disconnects in my promo series to gold 1 and I don't get loss forgiven or ANY fucking recompense? Riot's system is so fucking stupid, we almost won a 4v5 that went to 45 minutes when our Amumu died to blue and never came back.

y don't u jest git gud

patchday

When look at guides like that they will usually have the most optimal runes, so usually when your level 30 you want to get AP and AD tunes first. Then if you want to you can continue to make tank and support rune pages. Don't feel like you can't play a champ with out the most optimal runes. I only have 1 ad and 1 AP time page and it is fine.

Thanks. I got most of the runes I want but just missing the niche ones like those

Newt

y don't u jest git gud
image.php

:^)

Man, I hate when people trash talk only when they win. My Sivir flashed into me with a Jinx rocket auto and killed me and then said I was bad. Told me to leave lane and when I refused, she left instead and roamed and died. Everyone said to report her, and the enemy team were gung ho about it. We almost pull out the win somehow, but one bad team fight ends game for us. Suddenly the enemy team starts trash talking in post-game lobby and refused to report Sivir.

Yeah it's not cute at all. A little bit of teasing or trash talk is ok sometimes but gloating when you can see the other team had a bad game and saying "gg" just pisses me off most of the time. There's times when you genuinely have a good back and forth but when it's a visible stomp it's like a kick in the teeth and it's not fun. If we had an AFK player or lost every teamfight then don't rush to say gg, because it won't be for the losing players.

My favourite thing is when you get someone talking shit or patronising you in the match and then you win in the end and repeat it back to them though. Hasn't happened lately though, since I'm on a losing streak at the moment which is really irritating me too.

nbraun80

Also I wouldn't put too much stock in mobafire guides, things like probuids.net are a bit better to see what some of the top players are currently building and runes they use.

Also check out this video, phreak's pretty good about explaining things and its fairly recent. little long but he talks about the best pages for people that just hit 30.

*Edit Just glancing at some of the probuilds looks like people like azingy and meteos go attack speed reds, armor yellows, mr/cd blues, and ap quints.

killatopak

Gold Member

Carry harder scrub.

Also I wouldn't put too much stock in mobafire guides, things like probuids.net are a bit better to see what some of the top players are currently building and runes they use.

Also check out this video, phreak's pretty good about explaining things and its fairly recent. little long but he talks about the best pages for people that just hit 30.

*Edit Just glancing at some of the probuilds looks like people like azingy and meteos go attack speed reds, armor yellows, mr/cd blues, and ap quints.

I actually use these and I really felt the difference once I did. I think zky suggested this to me a while ago. Definitely recommended.

nbraun80

ughh get so frustrated sometimes, like why do people call roles in ranked when they clearly have no idea how to play it. Dude calls support, which is fine by me, locks in ammumu, swears its good. I don't really say anything cause who knows maybe he's good with it. Proceeds to go coin into RoA, frozen heart, dead man's. No sightstone, no support items, doesn't even upgrade to tailsman. I eventually get a sightstone on my jungle ekko since he won't but by then it was too late. I end up putting down 30 wards and 3 pink, the other 4 ppl on my team put down 32 wards and 1 pink combined. but i guess wards don't do damage so some people will never learn.

ChrisD

How does this even happen lol
My brother was watching the character select screen as things were picked, and as I ask him who is going to be where he's just laughing. That's when I knew I was probably screwed, haha.

(Sorry to pop in with something OT, I swear I won't make it a common occurrence. :p)

The chat logs after the match made it even better tho:

Code:
KillSwitch603: hes a smurf
Mqueezy69: no
Mqueezy69: ur just bad
KillSwitch603: you didnt even do good
KillSwitch603: lol okay
Mqueezy69: i was a sup
ChrisCrD: I mean, I'm a literal newbie
ChrisCrD: so
ChrisCrD: Yeah, that's correct
Mqueezy69: also ur still bad
KillSwitch603: no
ChrisCrD: I just have a paper saying what to buy. :X
KillSwitch603: your bad
Mqueezy69: so uninstall and gtof u fgt

KillSwitch603: lol
KillSwitch603: i love kids like you
Mqueezy69: 1v1 me if u think ur sick
Mqueezy69: ill fk u up so bad
KillSwitch603: Okay lmfao
Mqueezy69: ill embarrasss u
ChrisCrD: snap, son
KillSwitch603: lets do it
Mqueezy69: for ur account
ChrisCrD: street fight
Mqueezy69: if u win ill give u my account
KillSwitch603: i dont want that peice of ****
KillSwitch603: just play me *****
Mqueezy69: if i win u uninstall and give me ur shiittt account
KillSwitch603: funnny
Mqueezy69: scared?
KillSwitch603: lets play
Mqueezy69: ur gunna lose?
KillSwitch603: then play me?
KillSwitch603: lmao dodge
Mqueezy69: ok ur gunna cry ill invite ur bittcch ***
KillSwitch603: do so

Everyone is all that. ^^

How does this even happen lol
My brother was watching the character select screen as things were picked, and as I ask him who is going to be where he's just laughing. That's when I knew I was probably screwed, haha.

(Sorry to pop in with something OT, I swear I won't make it a common occurrence. :p)

The chat logs after the match made it even better tho:

Code:
KillSwitch603: hes a smurf
Mqueezy69: no
Mqueezy69: ur just bad
KillSwitch603: you didnt even do good
KillSwitch603: lol okay
Mqueezy69: i was a sup
ChrisCrD: I mean, I'm a literal newbie
ChrisCrD: so
ChrisCrD: Yeah, that's correct
Mqueezy69: also ur still bad
KillSwitch603: no
ChrisCrD: I just have a paper saying what to buy. :X
KillSwitch603: your bad
Mqueezy69: so uninstall and gtof u fgt

KillSwitch603: lol
KillSwitch603: i love kids like you
Mqueezy69: 1v1 me if u think ur sick
Mqueezy69: ill fk u up so bad
KillSwitch603: Okay lmfao
Mqueezy69: ill embarrasss u
ChrisCrD: snap, son
KillSwitch603: lets do it
Mqueezy69: for ur account
ChrisCrD: street fight
Mqueezy69: if u win ill give u my account
KillSwitch603: i dont want that peice of ****
KillSwitch603: just play me *****
Mqueezy69: if i win u uninstall and give me ur shiittt account
KillSwitch603: funnny
Mqueezy69: scared?
KillSwitch603: lets play
Mqueezy69: ur gunna lose?
KillSwitch603: then play me?
KillSwitch603: lmao dodge
Mqueezy69: ok ur gunna cry ill invite ur bittcch ***
KillSwitch603: do so

Everyone is all that. ^^
no adc on eitber side

gg

I think AD-tank is way better than ap jax, personally I feel like jax is a lot better than people think he is. I was playing him top lane one time and got a double off of a jungle gank, because of the amount of armor that his ult gives you is crazy. Also he can 1v1 almost anyone with his stupid E.

JulianImp

That's the first thing my brother pointed out, lol. "I guess adc doesn't exist in that league. I can see why smurfs have fun."

I will pull a win tonight! ..hopefully. I want that 1st win bonus. :C

I tend to cheese it out against AIs for my win of the day IP, mostly because I don't want to spend forty plus minutes in case I lose and have to play yet another match for the IP.

Midlaned once today as Lulu (and played another match as support with her), and did decently against an Orianna even though I got a single kill on her (while she got none), and we were eventually carried to victory by a great Darius while I mostly racked up assists. It's really fun to turn fights around with Lulu's assist spells, and it felt great when I got to use whimsy on a disengaging Blitz to save it from the incoming enemy onslaught.

I still have to learn to use Tab and actually look at other players' item builds though, since it's probably a handy tool to know which team members can get the most of each of Lulu's buffs.

ChrisD

I tend to cheese it out against AIs for my win of the day IP, mostly because I don't want to spend forty plus minutes in case I lose and have to play yet another match for the IP.

Midlaned once today as Lulu (and played another match as support with her), and did decently against an Orianna even though I got a single kill on her (while she got none), and we were eventually carried to victory by a great Darius while I mostly racked up assists. It's really fun to turn fights around with Lulu's assist spells, and it felt great when I got to use whimsy on a disengaging Blitz to save it from the incoming enemy onslaught.

I still have to learn to use Tab and actually look at other players' item builds though, since it's probably a handy tool to know which team members can get the most of each of Lulu's buffs.

Yoo, I didn't know AI games count for the first win bonus. I'm definitely going to do that if my game later tonight doesn't work out well. Will still give a chance to get accustomed to characters, as well.

Saving people is the best, just as great as turning battles around with Ult.

I don't Tab nearly enough. The only MOBA I've ever checked for item builds is Awesomenauts, and that's just because I played it an ungodly amount. Even when playing Dota 2 I would get surprise killed because I didn't know x Hero had y item despite having time to find out.

newt wonders why i play so much coop ai

i can carry the shitters in bots with anything

i cant carry a shitter in ranked if he just sits top the entire game and doesnt even farm

JulianImp

Yoo, I didn't know AI games count for the first win bonus. I'm definitely going to do that if my game later tonight doesn't work out well. Will still give a chance to get accustomed to characters, as well.

Saving people is the best, just as great as turning battles around with Ult.

I don't Tab nearly enough. The only MOBA I've ever checked for item builds is Awesomenauts, and that's just because I played it an ungodly amount. Even when playing Dota 2 I would get surprise killed because I didn't know x Hero had y item despite having time to find out.

Yeah. Being new to the game, AI matches are the ones where I tend to try characters and roles out before I attempt doing the same in "real" matches, saving my teammates the salt of having a crappy Azir feeding mid or something. However, you should never use those matches as actual training because of how dumb the AI is, even on the higher difficulty setting. I mean, they always retretat in a straight line, conditioning my fledging Kog to predicting movement patterns with my ult that no sane player would ever fall for.

Last game the opposing team had an Ahri support in bot that kept last-hitting minions and denying her teammate MF the gold she needed, which turned the tables on me and my ADC MF's side even though the other MF was the better player.

patchday

My win rate is good enough now where I can just do SR for my WoTD. For instance currently my win rate is 55% (on na.op.gg for last 20 matches). So I'm likely to win every other match

I got my strong picks that I like to go with to ensure a quick win. Eventually you'll find your strong picks too

But I have access to Teambuilder now which helped out a ton. It's really crazy how pre-L25s do not have access to Teambuilder. my win rate used to be absolute crap before Teambuilder

ChrisD

My win rate is good enough now where I can just do SR for my WoTD. For instance currently my win rate is 55% (on na.op.gg for last 20 matches). So I'm likely to win every other match

I got my strong picks that I like to go with to ensure a quick win. Eventually you'll find your strong picks too

But I have access to Teambuilder now which helped out a ton. It's really crazy how pre-L25s do not have access to Teambuilder. my win rate used to be absolute crap before Teambuilder

I want access to Teambuilder so badly. What's the harm in not giving it until a hundred+ hours poured into a game?

Edit: Wait, two hundred plus.

Leezard

I want access to Teambuilder so badly. What's the harm in not giving it until a hundred+ hours poured into a game?

Edit: Wait, two hundred plus.
There was a period of time when they gave access to team Builder really early (even before normal blind pick?), but for some reason they changed it.

ChrisD

There was a period of time when they gave access to team Builder really early (even before normal blind pick?), but for some reason they changed it.

Same patch that switched around which Summoner Spells are given at certain levels? I quit just before then. Probably better that I didn't end up really liking the mode just to have it yanked out from underfoot.

That's so weird though. I can't see any reason to hold it at such a high level, drop it to 10 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom