• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

So... this happened.

Match began well and we got to the midgame with quite a hefty advantage, but eventually the Yasuo top went afk, and the game slowly began to turn in the enemy team's favor. We all had so much gold we didn't know what to do with it, which is why both Leona and I bought into non-support builds. The enemy team lost Twitch after a while, but they had all reached level 18 by then (way way later than we did), so it wasn't nearly as much of a disadvantage as losing Yasuo twenty minutes before that.

Seriously, what the heck was that match...

zkylon

zkylewd
zGuhkgy.jpg

make it happen rito

(i know, the face's bad but still, look at em abs)

JulianImp

well u had a 5 deathcap brand, which is bad by the way.

He went 5 deathcap at around the hour mark for some reason, but was doing perfectly fine before then. I take the deathcap hoarding is bad because it's better to get other items that give you different unique abilities, right?

We were doing perfectly fine until Yasuo left and the opposing team took advantage of their superior numbers to slowly gain the upper hand. The grind towards defeat sure was depressing, as we were winning teamfights at first, but didn't capitalize on that advantage, doing badly on objectives until we gave the opposing team enough time to bulk up and fight back with a full team to our four.

u probably could have won if brand build an actual full build instead of stacking unique passives (which doesn't work.)

rylais, void, liandries, zhonyas, deathcap, ludens i guess.

JulianImp

u probably could have won if brand build an actual full build instead of stacking unique passives (which doesn't work.)

rylais, void, liandries, zhonyas, deathcap, ludens i guess.

Funny thing is he had that exact build until the 65' mark. By that time it was obvious we were losing, so I guess he bought all those deathcaps just to fool around.

Here's the link to the match data, just in case anyone cares enough to check it out: http://matchhistory.las.leagueofleg.../254440594/202175303?tab=builds&participant=3

zkylon

zkylewd
tried some self mystery gifting (as there's 4x legendary chance today from worlds results)

got boat malph, the very expensive ugly vladimir and that armored karma skin

ehh, i dunno why i bother, i already have all the skins i like lol

Edwardo

tried some self mystery gifting (as there's 4x legendary chance today from worlds results)

Can u buy them yourself right now or is it only for gifting?

kenbo

That expensive ugly vlad skin is the p2w skin

zkylon

zkylewd
That expensive ugly vlad skin is the p2w skin
yeah i know, but vlad is like top 5 most boring champions in the game so no ty

karma skin is alright and malph skin is pretty good, i'm pretty pleased with malph skin

there was just that shred of hope for dj sona

there always is

damn you riot

Bloodlord vlad has a great laugh.
is it different really?

that's kinda cool at least

garath

I really like jungle ekko but man, I have no idea how to build him. Tanky is nice but I do so little damage. Full AP he's way too squishy. I've tried a little mix and its OK but not great. Still doesnt do a great deal of damage and without full tank he gets blown up quick still. Maybe he's just not a great solo queue jungler ATM.

Zhonyas seems almost necessary too. Else the ult is really tough to use.

I really like jungle ekko but man, I have no idea how to build him. Tanky is nice but I do so little damage. Full AP he's way too squishy. I've tried a little mix and its OK but not great. Still doesnt do a great deal of damage and without full tank he gets blown up quick still. Maybe he's just not a great solo queue jungler ATM.

Zhonyas seems almost necessary too. Else the ult is really tough to use.

I'm not a jungle expert, but I'd say he's fine for solo queue- you just have to go in with the mindset that you don't have to worry about damage because your utility is what will win games. By going Cinder, Frozen Heart, Zhonyas, Randuin's, etc, you can focus on setting up plays for your team without the fear of getting massacred, and that fear is reduced x100 when your ult is up, and his ult is probably one of the most annoying in the game because it makes him so slippery.

Ferga

I wouldn't say jenny is super good.

She's just a player who farms and plays really passively.

If her team doesn't have a lead, she won't win since she doesn't make any plays.

It's true. You climb the more you don't try to climb. I made it from like Bronze III to Silver II by just playing sparingly. Now that I had free time from schools and wanted to climb, I've been playing a lot the past two days and still remain in Silver II. I'm trying super hard to just think about my own improvements. Sometimes it helps, other times I forget.

Newt

I wouldn't say jenny is super good.

She's just a player who farms and plays really passively.

If her team doesn't have a lead, she won't win since she doesn't make any plays.
Well compared to the other Sirens at very least, lol.

Fun fact, Janna has had multiple massive nerfs to her damage and general AP scalings over the years. Annie lost -5% on some of her ratios which were subsequently buffed to be stronger than pre-nerf numbers.

I'm glad Riot has their priorities straight.

Ambition

This role isn't for the weak of heart.

It's not the laning and teamfights that I find stupid (Still, fuck TP) , it's just that I feel like if I don't play Jinx or Vayne I do nothing for the team. Caitlyin for example feels weaker than a fucking cannon minion.

ChrisD

So like, ADC's are still needed I presume, but if they're in such dire need of changes what keeps them relevant? Just the fact they're a constant source, rather than burst?

Newt

So like, ADC's are still needed I presume, but if they're in such dire need of changes what keeps them relevant? Just the fact they're a constant source, rather than burst?
Nah, ADC isn't really weak in terms of damage, it's just weak in the fact that the ADC doesn't really have that much control over how they do overall in the game.

ADC is just super dependent on the team right now. More than its ever been.

ChrisD

Ah, thanks. All of those reasons make a lot of sense.

So the carries pretty much need an entire entourage around them in order to not die or (safely) take objectives. This entourage can either be a luxurious limo or a broken down lemon. But regardless, they're one of the best for killing multiple enemies when not checked, and nigh mandatory to destroy said objectives.

With that in mind, I'll make sure to put forward extra care for my ADC even after laning ends.

Ambition

Lately I wouldn't consider them "carries"
KuGsj.gif
. It feels like winning your lane in a dominant fashion isn't enough to put your team over.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The problem with ADC's is that most can be shutdown so fast, but you obviously want that balance of them being able to deal shitloads of damage and still be glass canon. Its a difficult problem to deal with and interesting to see how Riot handle it.

Meanwhile, Annie support is just hilariously broken.

rItIrsv.jpg

Newt

The problem with ADC's is that most can be shutdown so fast, but you obviously want that balance of them being able to deal shitloads of damage and still be glass canon. Its a difficult problem to deal with and interesting to see how Riot handle it.

Meanwhile, Annie support is just hilariously broken.

rItIrsv.jpg
It's not a difficult problem lol. ADC was fine before a million people would randomly just TP bot.

kenbo

I know riot classifies "TP" as a movement spell - it's not - and putting TP in the same group as flash and ghost will always put the balance of the spell out of whack.

TP is the only 'macro' summoner spell (CV and Clarity don't count) and ideally, Id like to either see other macro spells added to complete with TP or just remove TP add it to a boot enchant since it doesnt even belong

Of course, Riot must be conteplating removing TP as a SS since it was an item in the bligewater brawl already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom