• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
This so much.

Really. I liked his champion tutorial videos and such but I had never watched his streams cause I thought it would just be him playing and not talking. There is a few videos of him streaming in youtube that I liked though but it's mostly him screwing around and having fun. I might just go watch him now if he's more positive.
The best stream was when him scarra qt kiwikid and some one else(i forgot) played ranked 5 and just messed around. One game they all took tp, and stole baron by all tping into baron pit.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Bringing back the Swain boyz.

aM5oksG.jpg

Forgiven is not retiring, he's pondering whether he'll stay in the LCS or skip a split because he thinks the game sucks right now.

The ADC meta finally getting to the pros.

zkylon

zkylewd
Forgiven is not retiring, he's pondering whether he'll stay in the LCS or skip a split because he thinks the game sucks right now.

The ADC meta finally getting to the pros.
ehh, forgiven is just that kind of adc so who gives a shit what he thinks

like, his biggest accomplishments were winning lane against european adcs (as in, not the greatest) with lane bullies like cait and lucy. every time he played something team-oriented like sivir or corki he got shat on, so yeah, i don't think the meta should be accomodated to players like him

ehh, forgiven is just that kind of adc so who gives a shit what he thinks

like, his biggest accomplishments were winning lane against european adcs (as in, not the greatest) with lane bullies like cait and lucy. every time he played something team-oriented like sivir or corki he got shat on, so yeah, i don't think the meta should be accomodated to players like him
I know he's shit, I'm just joking. Seeing Rekkles be visibly pissed that he played like shit Vs AHQ even though he won gave me a whole new light on what to expect from pro ADCs.

Meta is still shit tho

Leezard

The adc is still one of the focal points of the team in competitive play. Sure, they have less of an impact if played non-duo in solo queue, but eh, they are still very strong. The day the marksman is not necessary would be another thing.

The adc is still one of the focal points of the team in competitive play. Sure, they have less of an impact if played non-duo in solo queue, but eh, they are still very strong. The day the marksman is not necessary would be another thing.
ADCs are hardly weak or unecessary. They just feel like shit to play.

That's a better way to put it.
Basically playing ADC right now is like being a kid with a super strict schedule.

Eat your peas. Wash the dishes. Take a bath. Go to piano class. Do your homework. Walk the dog. Do the dishes again. Take the trash out. Help with the groceries. Review your homework. Do the dishes one more time for good measure. Ok now you get to play for 30 minutes before going to bed. Disobey and off to bed with no dessert you go.

Leezard

Basically playing ADC right now is like being a kid with a super strict schedule.

Eat your peas. Wash the dishes. Take a bath. Go to piano class. Do your homework. Walk the dog. Do the dishes again. Take the trash out. Help with the groceries. Review your homework. Do the dishes one more time for good measure. Ok now you get to play for 30 minutes before going to bed.

Maybe you will have the choice of taking guitar lessons instead of piano lessons and having a cat instead of a dog with the marksman changes.

zkylon

zkylewd
ADCs are hardly weak or unecessary. They just feel like shit to play.
adc as a role was always boring to me because pew pew auto attack is just not as interesting as spells and so unless you're absolutely broken like during bt age (which is when i played adc the most because adcs were totally stupid back then) you're not having much fun

i know that doesn't apply to everyone, but that's how i feel about adcs, autoattacks are just boring. autoattacks just don't dictate the way the game flows in the same way spells do so i dunno how to make a class based around pew pew feel more significant aside from flat out making them overpowered like back in the day

i guess if new items are interesting it'll help with "satisfaction levels" or whatever, but i dunno if you can solve the issue of "i don't get to decide anything" considering you're a class based around being babysit for half the game and then outside of few exceptions like ashe you're basically a walking turret (big generalization here but i think u get what i mean)

I don't need the role to be broken, I just want to be able to have a directly positive impact in the game without having to rely on hyper carries or support ADC. Right now you "carry" as a normal ADC champion by not getting fucked beyond repair so your team can actually take advantage of won teamfights aka just make sure you don't die, your damage is secondary.

Nerfing TP solves 70% of the what makes ADC ass right now. The rest is early/late itemization - mostly early. A bit of extra early power so tank supports/junglers have to respect your damage, a bit of extra late power so you don't get outdamaged by mid laners 90% of the time and voila, role is fun again.

I like TP. I don't want top lane to be a separate island again. I think they should only fix itemization issues. BF Sword could use a treatment like NLR got. Or upgradeable from Pickaxe.

There's being an island and there's becoming a communist missile base that threatens to shit all over everything you love if you as much move an inch.

Both extremes are bad and right now TP makes top the latter with mid lane catching up. Between being on the receiving end of a 5-man orgy because you felt like applying some pressure on the enemy duo and top being a little more snowbally then your lane can burn in hell.

ChrisD

So I bought Lulu (thank you, price drop being true!). Start a game and call supp. A Morgana pops in thirty seconds later and calls support. I just say, "already called it," and they reply with a simple "no." So I say I'll go mid, since ADC said they wanted Morgana with them. The final countdown starts, and three seconds before it ends, both the ADC (Ashe) and Morgana switched over to a Barrier/Smite Summoner Spell combination. I'm so glad I dodged that before getting stuck with them.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't need the role to be broken, I just want to be able to have a directly positive impact in the game without having to rely on hyper carries or support ADC. Right now you "carry" as a normal ADC champion by not getting fucked beyond repair so your team can actually take advantage of won teamfights aka just make sure you don't die, your damage is secondary.

Nerfing TP solves 70% of the what makes ADC ass right now. The rest is early/late itemization - mostly early. A bit of extra early power so tank supports/junglers have to respect your damage, a bit of extra late power so you don't get outdamaged by mid laners 90% of the time and voila, role is fun again.
So u want early and late game buffs -__-

How is that not making adc broken

Just nerf tp and you'll see lane bullies come back

I think adcs being outdmgd by midlaners is crazytalk

So u want early and late game buffs -__-

How is that not making adc broken

Just nerf tp and you'll see lane bullies come back

I think adcs being outdmgd by midlaners is crazytalk
Only minor stuff but as long as TP gets nerfed I don't even care about other buffs.

Newt

Thank goodness, lol.
I know they (at least some) were real at the beginning because there was a bit of chat, but everyone stayed in their base for a long time. Maybe they just D/C'd and bots took over?

Riot's bots suck. :p
That's not how it works.

Edwardo

Thank goodness, lol.
I know they (at least some) were real at the beginning because there was a bit of chat, but everyone stayed in their base for a long time. Maybe they just D/C'd and bots took over?

Riot's bots suck. :p

The bots have little one liners they say at the beginning and end of matches if that's what happened.

ChrisD

If they were bots from the get-go, why was Fiddlesticks AFK for the first three minutes? :x

Not denying anything, they were just one-liners that were spoken and that cements it. But I don't know why Fiddle in specific hit the field later than everyone.

Kindred is really annoying to face in lane. Stop poking me. Her hop arrows are especially a (small but annoying) pain.

Do you get a warning when you're close to get demoted due to defeats to a lower tier? (i.e. Gold V > Silver I )

I played a lot in February when I got from Gold III to Platinum V. Won a few games, and then stopped playing.
It's been a very busy year, almost no time to play League. I have been only playing when I'm about to start decaying, once a month.

I have 7 defeats in a row. Six, maybe 5 with zero points in Platinum V. No warning asides from the "you will start decaying in 7 days if...."
I have 6 days to play before decaying, it's the last game of the season. I would like to know if I'm safe, of if I have to worry about getting demoted...

(Season ends in 11/11?)

Newt

Do you get a warning when you're close to get demoted due to defeats to a lower tier? (i.e. Gold V > Silver I )

I played a lot in February when I got from Gold III to Platinum V. Won a few games, and then stopped playing.
It's been a very busy year, almost no time to play League. I have been only playing when I'm about to start decaying, once a month.

I have 7 defeats in a row. Six, maybe 5 with zero points in Platinum V. No warning asides from the "you will start decaying in 7 days if...."
I have 6 days to play before decaying, it's the last game of the season. I would like to know if I'm safe, of if I have to worry about getting demoted...

(Season ends in 11/11?)
No warning.

(Season ends in 11/11?)
No warning whatsoever

(Season ends in 11/11?)

It just happens.

It's pretty crazy.

Ferga

Kindred clears the jungle pretty damn well. You can do a full clear in one go at level 1 and have enough hp to gank.

Doesn't mean she's good though.

kindred build

warrior jungle, black cleaver, randuin's omen, banshee's veil, frozen heart, merc treads.

21-9-0

AS Reds, Armor Yellows, Sc. MR Blues, AS Quints

idk if it's good or not.

killatopak

Gold Member
Mordekaiser's title is now "The Lord of Death" rather than "The Master of Metal". Check out this post by Ant in Oz for context on Mordekaiser's title change.

Bye metal master. The pentakill skin doesn't make any sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom