• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

87e8789f9b492e469ecbd331520d7b6f.png
lel

Ferga

I just watched 3 people chase singed 3 times in a row, losing us multiple turrets and dragons. Then they blame the adc Draven who has to deal with 4 people diving him at bot. I couldn't even save him with Tahm devour.

I don't even know what to say.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just watched 3 people chase singed 3 times in a row, losing us multiple turrets and dragons. Then they blame the adc Draven who has to deal with 4 people diving him at bot. I couldn't even save him with Tahm devour.

Ranked is suffering.

jerd

"gg boys you tried ur best we'll get 'em next time"

kenbo

Give respect where its due m8

That singed was a badass

Calvero

Banned
That's the worst. Teammates doing dumb shit then blaming everyone else. Or teammates doing dumb shit and getting mad when you won't do the same dumb shit like engage a 1v5.

jerd

That's the worst. Teammates doing dumb shit then blaming everyone else. Or teammates doing dumb shit and getting mad when you won't do the same dumb shit like engage a 1v5.

Nah that shit is my jam. My favorite is "gg adc focusing tank" oblivious to the fact that it was probably their job to get the tank off of the adc. There's nothing you can say to that person to make them realize they were actually at fault.

That's the main reason i still play this game

Guys I've got a question. Do you need to be a douche to win?

I love league, but I've been stuck in silver for a while now. I'm getting close to gold, but I was out now. So I started being way more aggressive in my games. By that I mean, if I can get a kill, I get it. Any position, any situation, I will take the kill if I can.

KS all the way, take cs and force lanes. Know what? I've started winning games way harder. I've always tried to give kills to other team mates in the past. I've noticed that I win way more if I do this.

What do you guys think? Is this a division thing or is this is a general solo q thing?

Last night I played Udyr, I got fully sated in 18 mins and 10 kills. Won the game three minutes later. My team raged so hard at me taking kills, right up until I opened the gates.

Newt

I love league, but I've been stuck in silver for a while now. I'm getting close to gold, but I was out now. So I started being way more aggressive in my games. By that I mean, if I can get a kill, I get it. Any position, any situation, I will take the kill if I can.

KS all the way, take cs and force lanes. Know what? I've started winning games way harder. I've always tried to give kills to other team mates in the past. I've noticed that I win way more if I do this.

What do you guys think? Is this a division thing or is this is a general solo q thing?

Last night I played Udyr, I got fully sated in 18 mins and 10 kills. Won the game three minutes later. My team raged so hard at me taking kills, right up until I opened the gates.
Just always go for the kill unless it's like a Draven with 500 stacks. Thats not being a douche. I could show what really being a douche is like if you want, and yes it has benefits

Ferga

Taxing lanes isn't a douche move. That's the only way you carry as a jungler.

Also sets you up to be a level ahead to invade the enemy jungler or pressure dragons.

And like others said, why aren't you taking kills?

Take kills even when you play tank junglers. It doesn't matter. Ranked is all about how far YOU can go, not your team.

killatopak

Gold Member
Just had a shitty game. It was just normals but it was pretty brutal. Tried everything I had and was 8-1-9 at the end but still couldn't carry my team.

Our team: Irelia(me)top, riven jungle, ahri mid, and double ad bot caitlyn and draven.
Their team: zed top, skarner jungle, Lulu mid, caitlyn adc and soraka support.

We get dived by skarner and soraka heals him while lulu whims whoever needs it and ults the dying. Fucking cancer especially soraka. Couldn't dive them at all since we're relatively squishy with only me building tank.

On the other hand their comp is pretty solid. We wob early game but we couldn't end it and it just went downhill once we reached lategame.

Just had a shitty game. It was just normals but it was pretty brutal. Tried everything I had and was 8-1-9 at the end but still couldn't carry my team.

Our team: Irelia(me)top, riven jungle, ahri mid, and double ad bot caitlyn and draven.
Their team: zed top, skarner jungle, Lulu mid, caitlyn adc and soraka support.

We get dived by skarner and soraka heals him while lulu whims whoever needs it and ults the dying. Fucking cancer especially soraka. Couldn't dive them at all since we're relatively squishy with only me building tank.

On the other hand their comp is pretty solid. We wob early game but we couldn't end it and it just went downhill once we reached lategame.

Lulu win rate worse than Zilean currently. Soroka is kinda op right now. Her heal is pretty strong and the cool down is short. I'm expecting Rito to hit her with a heal nerf soon. Decease her lvl scaling on her heal, maybe tinker with her ap scaling.

kenbo

Um of course you're not going to win when you have no support and you're running what is essentially a pick comp vs a push comp

If you won early, you had to TP and snowball or scan wards/pink and just take over their jungle since they're weak outside of a group of 5

But sure, we can just blame their team comp instead.

killatopak

Gold Member
Um of course you're not going to win when you have no support and you're running what is essentially a pick comp vs a push comp

If you won early, you had to TP and snowball or scan wards/pink and just take over their jungle since they're weak outside of a group of 5

But sure, we can just blame their team comp instead.

Oh we did that. Once the laning phase ended they just grouped up. The fact that we had no support meant that our other adc had a poor item build. Only draven farmed well. Our riven was absolutely trash. Kept dying and had a hard time in the jungle but I can forgive that since Riven jungle is pretty hard. I'm the only one who can split push but if I even left the team for a second, it meant that they would dive us. Yeah it's definitely their team comp. Anybody with a brain would know we would lose in a straight 5v5 unless we are absolutely stomping them hard which we did not.

Edit: of course that's not to say I didn't have any faults at all. In fact I did many wrong things like split pushing at the wrong time. There's definitely that but it's just frustrating to lose when you've won your own lane. It was just normals though so it's a learning experience. I just need to put what I learned in ranked to improve.

Leezard

Nah that shit is my jam. My favorite is "gg adc focusing tank" oblivious to the fact that it was probably their job to get the tank off of the adc. There's nothing you can say to that person to make them realize they were actually at fault.

That's the main reason i still play this game
Usually that thing is the prime bronze test. You just know people are geniuses when they say that in the majority of situations.

jerd

After a certain elo you'll eventually never hear anyone complain about you securing a kill. There's a reason for that. If that laner can't snowball off of assist gold and their opponent missing multiple waves of xp and cs or having to blow their tp then that sounds like their problem.

Like probably don't flash to ks a secured kill or anything but other than that there's no reason to try to hand off kills

clemenx

Banned
KS is not actually an thing. It's actually the most stupid shit people say in this game. Kill everything everytime.

People crying about someone "taking" kills despite winning the game is probably indicative of elo lol

KS is not actually an thing. It's actually the most stupid shit people say in this game. Kill everything everytime.

People crying about someone "taking" kills despite winning the game is probably indicative of elo lol
What. KSing is totally a thing, when veigar flash then ults some one that it super low and there is no way of that person surviving. Or if you are 1v1 some one and about to win and then your team just nid spears when then didn't have to at all.
If they go out of there way just to steal a kill, rather then doing some thing more useful, like saving that flash. Then it is KS.

I'm surprised trick memes are still a thing

Anyways unless you're the support just take the kills, who gives a shit
What. KSing is totally a thing, when veigar flash then ults some one that it super low and there is no way of that person surviving. Or if you are 1v1 some one and about to win and then your team just nid spears when then didn't have to at all.
If they go out of there way just to steal a kill, rather then doing some thing more useful, like saving that flash. Then it is KS.
Your team got the gold anyways, that's what matters in the end. A support taking kills might not be a good idea if you can give it to your carries but aside from that as long as you win some wasted summoners aren't enough of a big deal to complain about it.

my attitude to it is "make sure we get the kill, don't care who gets it"

You never know what could potentially happen to stop your team getting a kill if you try leave it for a carry. Use your autos and abilities and whoever gets the kill gets it.

Dyrus is so much more fun to watch now

He's like a completely different person
He's back to being Dyrus before the koreans attacked. I hope he keeps streaming hardcore, there aren't many enjoyable top lane streams unless you're into one trick ponies or epic memers.
Mundo vs singed is in singed's favor rite?
It's basically a stalemate since neither side is likely to get kills without help but in theory Mundo has an edge because he can farm safely from range and isn't constricted by resources.

killatopak

Gold Member

You never know what could potentially happen to stop your team getting a kill if you try leave it for a carry. Use your autos and abilities and whoever gets the kill gets it.
This so much.
Dyrus is so much more fun to watch now

He's like a completely different person

Really. I liked his champion tutorial videos and such but I had never watched his streams cause I thought it would just be him playing and not talking. There is a few videos of him streaming in youtube that I liked though but it's mostly him screwing around and having fun. I might just go watch him now if he's more positive.

Leezard

Pretty much. There are some times when it's possible to be 100% sure to give it to a high priority player, but most of the times it's just a kill secure.

Nice gonna buy Vi and Jinx skins. Torn on kindred. On one hand yay new jungler. On the other it sounds like she sucks.

Dunno about Kindred sucking. I had one not-particularly-fed Kindred flash on me and 100-0 surprisingly quick. The ultimate is obviously very powerful too.

jerd

Dunno about Kindred sucking. I had one not-particularly-fed Kindred flash on me and 100-0 surprisingly quick. The ultimate is obviously very powerful too.

Her upfront damage should be pretty good bc of her passive but considering her adc base stats without the adc kit or scaling theoretically she's gonna take some tuning or at least getting used to. all theoretically of course she could be busted to hell and i'll be eating my words you never know

jerd

The ult is great for sure. I'm just not sold on everything else quite yet.

You could probably comp around it and do pretty good but in solo q... ya know

zkylon

zkylewd
just something

I'm holding on to the dream of dragon master swain

but it's like uuuuggghhhh
yeah i think you're stuck with waiting

he's likely to get both gameplay and visual reworks and he has like a model swap so it's more expensive to make than like an eve skin

i think as other ppl said you're mixing up things, maybe because ppl in low elo teach other ppl dumb stuff

1) always go for the kill. if you take it well c'est la vie, better than them having a chance to get away. you can learn how to be better at not taking kills that you might want to leave to the guy you're ganking (say you see zed mark on top of the other mid's head), but as a rule of thumb just always do everythign in your power to get the kill.

2) after ganking always push. if the mid or whatever starts pinging you back they're idiots and you might have to back off if you don't want to make them rage, but the right call was to tax and push the lane. in fact, i hate it when junglers don't do that. you often don't have enough health or mana or you don't have flash or whatever, so it's risky to push after a gank, so if ur junglers pushes your lane they set the other mid back and when you get back to lane it's perfectly reset for you. and also jungler gets to farm some creeps which is money for them. win-win.

there's no douche thing there, that's just the correct way of playing the game

the douche thing is actually to play udyr cos that shitty champion sucks

zkylon

zkylewd
Usually that thing is the prime bronze test. You just know people are geniuses when they say that in the majority of situations.
yeah the word focus is one of the most effective bronze alarms at our disposal lol

Lulu win rate worse than Zilean currently. Soroka is kinda op right now. Her heal is pretty strong and the cool down is short. I'm expecting Rito to hit her with a heal nerf soon. Decease her lvl scaling on her heal, maybe tinker with her ap scaling.
winrate doesn't mean much when you don't take playrate into account.

and lulu is super strong, just not in solo q because she's way more complicated to play around if you're not on comms. it's much easier to play someone midlane that has dmg and can carry on their own than lulu who needs her carry to play around her spells and be skillfull enough to take advantage of whimsy

actually that nid spear might be better than letting u have the kill since it creates assist gold

like, there are cases where maybe supports make mistakes and autoattack and randomly get kills (or they're zyra and steal every single kill cos they're zyra) but even then it's not something to give them shit about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom