• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The ride never ends.

8ShvZzi.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
Do you rush Rod of Ages when you can? I do agree she feels really squishy without it, but as Support there are cheaper items :X

Yeah RoA is the first core item I get, outside of sightstone for obvious warding. She's definitely squishy early on but with her stun combos you can usually avoid most of the bot lane damage, if you are smart of course.

Yeah RoA is the first core item I get, outside of sightstone for obvious warding. She's definitely squishy early on but with her stun combos you can usually avoid most of the bot lane damage, if you are smart of course.

RoA takes way too long to ramp up for a support item, unless you're getting tons of kills in lane you'll probably be getting it pretty late with a support's income. I second Rylai's, gives a lot of health and the slow is really good for sticking.

HowZatOZ

Banned
RoA takes way too long to ramp up for a support item, unless you're getting tons of kills in lane you'll probably be getting it pretty late with a support's income. I second Rylai's, gives a lot of health and the slow is really good for sticking.
Yeah I guess the last few I was able to build RoA quite quickly because of kills, but I'll look at trying Rylai first.

What do we think of Kindred? I have about 50000 IP , so I went and splurged on her...

I've played two practice games so far. I hate that devourer is nerfed for ranged champs. She is an auto attack based jungler, and devourer is a bag item for her to buy? wtf is this bull.

Ignoring that, she feels pretty strong and has surprisingly good sustain. What I would say, from my initial impressions, is that she feels more like and AD Caster, not adc. And that if you want an AD Caster, play Kha or Rengar. They do the same thing and better.

What I think would really make he a great jungler, would be a shorter cd on her e. I want to be dropping that slow and stacks on multiple people, not just one every 7 seconds.

If they hadn't nerfed Devourer for ranged champions Kindred would likely just shit on everything like pre nerf jungle Fizz

20% current HP + 20% max HP every second auto with two items? Boy that sounds fun!

If they hadn't nerfed Devourer for ranged champions Kindred would likely just shit on everything like pre nerf jungle Fizz

20% current HP + 20% max HP every second auto with two items? Boy that sounds fun!

Is fizz considered range? Aside from Kindred who is a ranged jungler? Besides isn't this what they should want from Kindred? Sweet dmg, just paper thin health.

Is fizz considered range? Aside from Kindred who is a ranged jungler? Besides isn't this what they should want from Kindred? Sweet dmg, just paper thin health.
I meant S4 Fizz before Sated was a thing

Also if Kindred did this much damage with two items do you honestly think people wouldn't just go full tank afterwards just like Fizz?

killatopak

Gold Member
I think an adc jungler like her would do nice if riot plans to make more champs like morde for bot lane unlike the standard marksman. It's kinda like pick an ap jungler if you plan to have an ad mid.

Newt

I think an adc jungler like her would do nice if riot plans to make more champs like morde for bot lane unlike the standard marksman. It's kinda like pick an ap jungler if you plan to have an ad mid.
Morde bot is one of the worst ideas riot has come up with in a while.

killatopak

Gold Member
Morde bot is one of the worst ideas riot has come up with in a while.

It's a problem because of morde himself but the idea of a bot lane not consisting of an adc would be a nice change of pace. It'll probably be like the double bruiser bot lane a long time ago with the emphasis of farming safely. Although I doubt it'll happen, it can be exciting. We need to wait for the marksman update though. I feel like it'll be a big change like the jungle one that started this season.

I agree that morde is bad thing though. Every time I go against him, it feel like we need to specifically build a team to deal with him.

Newt

noooot

come have some chocolate

your ahri cs is trash

That auto attack is really stupid. Overall though it seems she takes hardly any skill to play compared to most ADCs. Imagine if Sivir got 200ms everytime she threw q :lol.

JulianImp

Played my first One For All game, and the team ended up picking Yasuo. Three of us were absolute trash at him, and together we fed the team of Kindred until we lost. Yay.

The game mode's fun, though, but it feels like it's going to be even wilder than regular matches if a player gets a champion or role they aren't used to and ends up feeding the other team.

noooot

come have some chocolate

your ahri cs is trash

Okay. Now I know where your tag came from.

jerd

I don't even know

the lp hemorrhage continues as the enemy gets smurf sivir and i get "let me flash into a baron buffed team 1v5" Ryze and hurricane trinity force tristana.

I'm pretty sure kindred is not good tho*. She was spoonfed kills early and got pretty stacked pretty quick but just became irrelevant at like 20 min. at least 2 of her kills were from people 1v1ing her and running out of her ult when their health got low which is just not understanding how it works so i don't necessarily blame them. I was really surprised how easy a time she had stacking though.

*keeping in mind that was likely first time that guy has ever played her

Newt

I don't even know

the lp hemorrhage continues as the enemy gets smurf sivir and i get "let me flash into a baron buffed team 1v5" Ryze and hurricane trinity force tristana.

I'm pretty sure kindred is not good tho. She was spoonfed kills early and got pretty stacked pretty quick but just became irrelevant at like 20 min. at least 2 of her kills were from people 1v1ing her and running out of her ult when their health got low which is just not understanding how it works so i don't necessarily blame them. I was really surprised how easy a time she had stacking though.
oh lawd

I don't even know

I'm pretty sure kindred is not good tho. She was spoonfed kills early and got pretty stacked pretty quick but just became irrelevant at like 20 min. at least 2 of her kills were from people 1v1ing her and running out of her ult when their health got low which is just not understanding how it works so i don't necessarily blame them. I was really surprised how easy a time she had stacking though.
now u know how i feel when i smurf in silver

jerd

I'll have to check the replay but I wouldnt be surprised at all if the damage to monsters cap is bugged. They did the fastest baron I've ever seen in that game

now u know how i feel when i smurf in silver

You feel like me or like ol 270 cs at 23 minutes sivir up there?

she also did 91k damage to champs :/

zkylon

zkylewd
That auto attack is really stupid. Overall though it seems she takes hardly any skill to play compared to most ADCs. Imagine if Sivir got 200ms everytime she threw q :lol.
aa animation is not really stupid but it always takes me a bit to get used to it cos the animation and missile speed is faster than most mids. like ori's really slow, syndra has a long windup, lizzy too. azir and viktor are super quick but they're instant, there's no travel speed so it's really easy too. and leblanc aa animation is just fabulous. ahri is just quick travel speed which always throws me off a bit. she's also kind of bad at clearing if you don't rush a rod item, at least in comparison to other mids that are fine with just athenes/morellos.

and yeah she's not the hardest, at least mechanically, tho i'd say not being the best at anything (not the best at killing like lebonk, doesn't have that much waveclear, utility or aoe like ori) outside of skins makes the challenge about her to figure out your role each game. sometimes you're needed to assassinate ppl and you have to rush ludens and roam, sometimes you need to just help kite and you can do morellos rylais or something silly like that, etc. sometimes you need to fullfill different roles over the game which is interesting too

but sure, she's not azir

adc is rng luck of the draw anyways. skill, don't make me laugh

jerd

Sucks as jungle confirmed. Gonna be true for any jungler with no CC.

Its not necessarily even just that since she pretty on par with kayle in terms of cc and kayle seems way stronger than her in the jungle from what i've seen

it's kind of like her ult and her passive are at odds with one another, in terms of a 1v1 especially and it just makes her insanely vulnerable. All of her damage is loaded into this current health passive which is just fucked by your ult.

She also seems pretty difficult to play which i'm sure is part of it and will be sorted out in the next few days/weeks

She's really cool in that she fits the ranged ad jungle niche that doesn't really exist but she just gets outclassed in a lot of ways by a lot of junglers right now with the way people are building her. We all know she's gonna be a ranged bruiser and bring frozen mallet back into the limelight in a month but nobody wants to admit it

Newt

Its not necessarily even just that since she pretty on par with kayle in terms of cc and kayle seems way stronger than her in the jungle from what i've seen

it's kind of like her ult and her passive are at odds with one another, in terms of a 1v1 especially and it just makes her insanely vulnerable. All of her damage is loaded into this current health passive which is just fucked by your ult.

She also seems pretty difficult to play which i'm sure is part of it and will be sorted out in the next few days/weeks

She's really cool in that she fits the ranged ad jungle niche that doesn't really exist but she just gets outclassed in a lot of ways by a lot of junglers right now with the way people are building her. We all know she's gonna be a ranged bruiser and bring frozen mallet back into the limelight in a month but nobody wants to admit it
The only reason Kayle jungle was every good was when devourer was broken. Kayle jungle isn't good anymore.

Kenai

I totally agree about her ult not really jiving with the rest of their kit or their general role. Kinda like Quinn, it feels out of place.

Numbers can be adjusted but eh...jungle meta is super foreign to me. I was still kinda wondering how they would do as a roaming mid champ but if their numbers are bad too that won't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom