• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I'm betting you'll have to pick between the two
That's certainly probable. In that case you would get "pick one out of 4" masteries on one row though, unless there are other changes. Perhaps that's not a problem but for symmetry reasons I like two "pick one out of 3" choices instead.

That's certainly probable. In that case you would get "pick one out of 4" masteries on one row though, unless there are other changes. Perhaps that's not a problem but for symmetry reasons I like two "pick one out of 3" choices instead.
I think these are supposed to be tier 2 keystones since Riot said they'd be adding more choices to those. So I imagine Assassin is a tier 2 utility keystone since Riot wants that to be the assassin tree and Murderous Intent should be a tier 2 offensive keystone.

Leezard

I think these are supposed to be tier 2 keystones since Riot said they'd be adding more choices to those. So I imagine Assassin is a tier 2 utility keystone since Riot wants that to be the assassin tree and Murderous Intent should be a tier 2 offensive keystone.
That sounds reasonable. In that case you will be able to pick both.

Have you played against any other ranged tops?
e.g. quinn, vlad, kennen

Nope, I didn't get a single one in all those matches. I was dealing with mostly:

- Jax
- Mundo
- Irela
- Nasus
- Trynd
- Zed
- Other Illaoi's

I wanted to get some experiences vs some of the common ranged pokers (Jayce, Vlad, Gnar) but no luck yet. Maybe tonight. I think she has a lot of bad matchups on paper against some very common picks. Just need to see them first hand to say for sure.

Nekofrog

Banned
i absolutely murdered an illaoi as quinn top last night, it wasn't even remotely fair.

my takeaway from that match is if you're playing a melee vs illaoi you might as well quit because it's bull

i absolutely murdered an illaoi as quinn top last night, it wasn't even remotely fair.

my takeaway from that match is if you're playing a melee vs illaoi you might as well quit because it's bull
Yeah, the effect you get on you when she hits you with that pull things lasts for so damn long. During that time you can't do anything, then when it is done she can just hit you with another one.

kenbo

Yeah, the effect you get on you when she hits you with that pull things lasts for so damn long. During that time you can't do anything, then when it is done she can just hit you with another one.
How long is the effect if you stand and fight her?
I dunno what's the point of nerfing that instead of space aids but ok

That sounds scary for solo lanes

Get fucked, Hecarim
Wtf, they're already nerfing him

Why do they hate him so much

That's my point though, that's boring as fuck. His ult should be this big moment of AoE damage, not just one part of his awkward not-sure-if-close-or-long-range combo.
Almost all champs ult and kits in general are made to be combo'd. I can think of few who actually feel like an ult by itself. Most are on tanky juggernauts like Malph/Darius.

There's nothing unique about a passive that gives you more damage if you land your abilities
Same can be said about most passives. It's just a matter of preference I guess. You find it boring, I don't. I like to sit back and play safe while getting harass in, setting up for the combo. Which is why I like malz as well.

I despise soraka lanes so much. It takes all the fun and strategy out of the lane. Best option in most cases is to just farm.
And the guy has the nerve to complain about illaoi and raka during the match. All I could say was "dem bans doe -_-" Raka wouldnt be so bad if they didnt nerf grievous wounds. That nerf plus the keystone for healing makes her so annoying.

Have you played against any other ranged tops?
e.g. quinn, vlad, kennen

I played her vs quinn. The quinn was bad and I got good ganks. I'm sure a decent quinn would have an advantage against her. Vlad was a nightmare for me though. He can just heal through all ur e harass.

How long is the effect if you stand and fight her?
It lasts 10 seconds, every auto on her reduces it by 1 second
Same can be said about most passives. It's just a matter of preference I guess. You find it boring, I don't. I like to sit back and play safe while getting harass in, setting up for the combo. Which is why I like malz as well.
But you can do that regardless of the passive, that's what being a poke mage means. All the passive does is add some white numbers in the middle of the purple ones.

Kenai

I meant the soul effect when she initially pulls at you

If you stand and fight then she probably won't turn you into a vessel

It depends on where the minion wave is.Illiaoi by herself doesn't look like she can reliably kill the soul yea.

it's also a skillshot so it's possible to dodge.

I'm gonna guess though if you were to, for example. get your soul pulled as their jungler comes to gank your lane is basically fucked maybe?

It depends on where the minion wave is.Illiaoi by herself doesn't look like she can reliably kill the soul yea.

I'm gonna guess though if you were to, for example. get your soul pulled as their jungler comes to gank your lane is basically fucked though maybe?

Could take a lot of damage. In that case it would be best to leave the range of the soul so they can stop damaging it and just try to remove the vessel stuff.

It lasts 10 seconds, every auto on her reduces it by 1 second

But you can do that regardless of the passive, that's what being a poke mage means. All the passive does is add some white numbers in the middle of the purple ones.

but he isnt just a poke mage. What are we talking about exactly?

I'm gonna guess though if you were to, for example. get your soul pulled as their jungler comes to gank your lane is basically fucked maybe?

You don't want to stand in auto range of Illaoi when she's ripped your soul. Just take your punishment and move on. Moving into range means moving into position for her to Q both you AND your soul, leading to massive amounts of damage where it would have only been a little damage at early levels in the laning phase. It's making a bad situation worse unless you have a really good gap-closing champ that can out-trade her and push her back reliably. I've only seen Jax and Yasuo being able to do that so far. I assume range champs can also reliably do that if they don't go in too deep.

but he isnt just a poke mage. What are we talking about exactly?
I just really dislike passives that only exist to be a lever of balance instead of adding something to a champion. His passive is there to make his scaling linear which in the end is what keeps him mediocre because unlike other mages he can't scale that well as most of his late game damage is behind that passive.

On a different matter:
Theory: TSM Yellowstar is just a diversion to hide TSM Piccaboo
Reddit don't go crazy with speculation now

I just really dislike passives that only exist to be a lever of balance instead of adding something to a champion. His passive is there to make his scaling linear which in the end is what keeps him mediocre because unlike other mages he can't scale that well as most of his late game damage is behind that passive.

Damage isnt really a problem for him though.

LuuKyK

How is Cassiopeia in the current state of the game? I remember playing her a while ago, and kinda want to get back to her, if she is a viable champion to play with that is.

Newt

Don't understand what you sayin.
You think sup koz sux so you trolling with the vel with another troll pick
Exactly. If I'm gonna lose, it's gonna be my decision.
How is Cassiopeia in the current state of the game? I remember playing her a while ago, and kinda want to get back to her, if she is a viable champion to play with that is.
Sucks because Zhonyas is too expensive. Wouldn't say not viable tho.

Kenai

You don't want to stand in auto range of Illaoi when she's ripped your soul. Just take your punishment and move on. Moving into range means moving into position for her to Q both you AND your soul, leading to massive amounts of damage where it would have only been a little damage at early levels in the laning phase. It's making a bad situation worse unless you have a really good gap-closing champ that can out-trade her and push her back reliably. I've only seen Jax and Yasuo being able to do that so far. I assume range champs can also reliably do that if they don't go in too deep.

Oh I wouldn't try to auto her as a melee with the soul up, I promise. But then again I usually don't play top (and when i do i usually don't play melees). My experience vs her is almost exclusive to bot lane where she is annoying but perfectly manageable since I can peel for the soul in a similar fashion to the way I'd peel for the ADC (and we can clear tentacles pretty easy too). She's like a reverse Zyra, much tankier and harder to kill if jumped on but not as good at harassing or dmging us early on.

She could probably mess with tanky supports pretty well (I kinda had trouble as Tahm but that was my very first time fighting her and we still won lane) but I'm not sure if she'd be better at that than Morg.

kenbo

Zhonya's is pretty now, too bad its so expensive it's now a utility item.

i just want them to unfuck zed
Me too ghost.
Then I'll make an account on LAS and level it to 30 and stalk zkylons games so I can get in them. I'll pick mid and he will pick lux and I'll solo kill him and he will make a salty post on Neogaf

Exactly. If I'm gonna lose, it's gonna be my decision.

Support Vel is legit though and not a troll pick.
======================================
League of Rageblade. League needs more bans. At least another set. Tryn/yi were negavite. Once they got their rbs, not much we could do.
5323e993d8df64f1f6f55489d28d8bae.jpg

RIP velkoz then? I like to use him on mid
Nothing worng with vel, If you played him b4 any of these changes(By changes I mean the ap item changes), you can continue. Still viable.

Newt

Nah, support Vel is a pretty stupid pick. It's maybe slightly better than Lux support and slightly worse then Syndra support.

garath

New cait is damn abusive. Of course it didn't help that I was lucian and had a Leona support against cait and nami. Also didn't help we had a terrible graves jungle. I need to start playing ranked again.

New cait is damn abusive. Of course it didn't help that I was lucian and had a Leona support against cait and nami. Also didn't help we had a terrible graves jungle. I need to start playing ranked again.
Thinking ranked is better than normals.

So next season you can play ranked with more than 2 people?

zkylon

zkylewd
duno if posted yet: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/snowdown-coming

It's a cool idea but it suffers from old Bullet Time syndrome, the theme/visuals and the damage don't really add up, you have this cool "I AM DEATH" looking spell that doesn't kill everything on sight.

IMO Velkoz would fare better without that boring passive and adding back damage to the rest of his kit so he can actually scale properly. Not every mage need to have combos to function.
um, velkoz ult deals silly dmg, it's not really like old mf ult

it like murders everything for reals

Trending Reddit thread has it that TSM accidentally leaked the signing of Yellowstar by offering his shirt for sale on their website (since taken down, but screenshotted). Fnatic have dropped the price of Yellowstar's t-shirt to the same as Reignover's and Huni's. Looks like this might be happening.

If it is, Regi has decided to use some of TSM's warchest to assemble the "best of the west" bot lane. I'm not the biggest fan of Svenskeren, but I'm bullish on Hauntzer and if any roster has the raw laning power to work with Svenskeren's aggression and mechanical ability it'd be this one. And Regi would've pulled off arguably the two biggest LoL roster moves in non-China history within weeks of each other.
that's depressing if yellowstar leaves, tho i guess would be a really good addition to tsm

good shotcaller from a non-carry position is something tsm could really take advantage of, leave bjergsen to do his magic

@Zy the comments about the q mindgames, waveclear and the whole first part of the post was about Velkoz and what makes him unique to play. You misunderstood and thought I was talking about malz waveclear/q. I wasnt. You questioned what made him unique, I think I gave good answers.
ah alright, my b

Ok, we can agree to disagree on Malz. What makes ur opinion fact but mine wrong?
because a champion that no one likes and always has super high winrate with very uninteractive, frustrating to play against and low counterplay mechanics and very poor ways of expressing creativity or mastery is just objectively bad

you're free to find him fun, but that's just how it is, malzahar is objectively bad design

His identity is getting his procs, a bit of utility and dealing with tanks a little bit better than other mages due to the true damage. Viktor having better aoe is debatable.
i think u misunderstand what i mean by identity, the things u mention are definitely qualities of velkoz but not really defining traits, or at least not so that they make him stand out or unique. notice how u use the word "bit" a lot, he's got a bit of utility, a bit of true dmg, etc.

compare him to lissandra, who's a low range mage but with a very telegraphed engage move and incredible cc if she manages to land it. that's something no other mid does, there may be some overlaps with diana or something, but the difference is still very noticeable

His main relevance is that passive dmg, can't think of many true dmg mages like him (are there any others?)

He could definitely use something that feels more unique outside of a passive considering his niche is a more generalized mage niche though.
i just think the passive might be something "unique" about him but not something that really makes him unique. that's kind of a dumb sentence but what i mean is that while the true dmg shit might be something only he does, it's not something that makes him stand out from others in the way that maybe vayne's w is. like vayne's a champion that's a tank buster and is constructed around that w, she doesn't have any long range spells or anything, just different ways to get to proccing that w

meanwhile velkoz is just another mage with a bit less magic damage and some true dmg to compensate. you wouldn't pick him against a tank him and he's just as good against squishies as he is against tanks

only thing passive does is define his role as a poke mage because it rewards landing multiple spells, but his dmg is also so crazy that he can burst you just the same in one combo

I dunno what's the point of nerfing that instead of space aids but ok
yeah i dunno what that's about either. i guess he needs the aids to clear or whatever?

both spells suck

That sounds scary for solo lanes
just makes them a bit more explosive i guess and is pretty decent buff to poke if it's on cunning or ferocity

Get fucked, Hecarim
that's a weird change, i feel like i'm ok with homeguard tp getting killed since we already had our fun with it for a whole season. now's time for the game to be better balanced i guess

Maybe it will be picked together with this.

Sounds scary for snowballing champs.
that's such a huge early game difference, i don't like that idea at all, it just seems like you'll be winning through stats if u do go for that mastery

Zhonya's is pretty now, too bad its so expensive it's now a utility item.

Me too ghost.
Then I'll make an account on LAS and level it to 30 and stalk zkylons games so I can get in them. I'll pick mid and he will pick lux and I'll solo kill him and he will make a salty post on Neogaf
?

i like zed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom