• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

t8Nl3.jpg

Not dodging this game would be LP suicide

I'll report back with results

garath

What are you building on ekko jungle these days? I love the guy but having trouble pinning down an effective build with all the AP cost increases.

My best game was actually runeglaive into rod of the ages. Another I tried runeglaive into abyssal and morellos. Didn't really like that terribly much.

jerd

happy little surprise i guess. Devourer voli didn't hurt my cause

What are you building on ekko jungle these days? I love the guy but having trouble pinning down an effective build with all the AP cost increases.

My best game was actually runeglaive into rod of the ages. Another I tried runeglaive into abyssal and morellos. Didn't really like that terribly much.

I'd say think similar to elise. I typically go Runeglaive, sorc shoes and abyssal as my only offensive items. 90% of the time I'll go runeglaive>deadmans if they have any amount of ad but there just wasn't much reason to here

I wouldn't take my word as gospel but if you want some examples you can look at my op.gg since I play him more often than not. Ekko is cool bc you can build just about anything on him and be pretty effective, I just wouldn't recommend too much ap

garath

happy little surprise i guess. Devourer voli didn't hurt my cause

I'd say think similar to elise. I typically go Runeglaive, sorc shoes and abyssal as my only offensive items. 90% of the time I'll go runeglaive>deadmans if they have any amount of ad but there just wasn't much reason to here

I wouldn't take my word as gospel but if you want some examples you can look at my op.gg since I play him more often than not. Ekko is cool bc you can build just about anything on him and be pretty effective, I just wouldn't recommend too much ap

Cool. Thanks for the thoughts. He does share a lot of similarities with Elise. I usually build runeglaive, frozen heart and rylais on her as a core build. Maybe I'll try that on ekko. Deadmans plate sounds pretty good too though.

I do think I was building too much AP on him last couple games. Last game I literally got blown up by kat before I could finish mashing my ultimate.

Also I learned that morg binding prevents the ult. Morg is pretty potent against ekko.

jerd

Cool. Thanks for the thoughts. He does share a lot of similarities with Elise. I usually build runeglaive, frozen heart and rylais on her as a core build. Maybe I'll try that on ekko. Deadmans plate sounds pretty good too though.

I do think I was building too much AP on him last couple games. Last game I literally got blown up by kat before I could finish mashing my ultimate.

Also I learned that morg binding prevents the ult. Morg is pretty potent against ekko.

Eh without slow stacking (or even with) I don't think rylai's would be that great. Ekko's kit is basically one giant slow. Pants Are Dragon recommends liandry's on him if you want more ideas for damage. I've never built it personally but I'm sure its fine.

I actually love frozen heart on him because cdr is great but I don't build it every game since its not stupid gold efficient like it used to be

I know this is offtopic, but could anyone here make this a wallpaper? I just want to extend the white background so it's 1920×1080. I used the extend function of windows, but it will also degrade the quality of the foxes.

zkylon

zkylewd
stolen from the recesses of lol reddit

seems plausible

missing immobile mages:
anivia - THE WAVE CLEAR MAGE
velkoz - THE TRUE DAMAGE COMBO MAGE
twisted fate - THE GLOBAL MAGE
heimerdinger - THE ZONE CONTROL MAGE
veigar - THE DELETE YOU MAGE
viktor - THE MAGE WHO DOES IT ALL????
im confused, is this a real rito thing or just some crap someone at reddit made up

i'm guessing made up cos some of these ideas are kind of terrible

lux specially sounds like a joke

drawkcaB

Zyra - The Jungle Control Mage - Passive reworked and she has special interactions with jungle.(Plants that can be controlled by Zyra).Q puts a plant now.W reworked(Her plants spit to the target line).E same.Ult knockup duration reduced to 0.5 but has a slight pull to the center(Very slight not in an Orianna level,

Hnnngnnngngnngngngnn please but true.

(but let her support and mid still)

Ziggs - The Poke Mage - Q will have lower damage but lower cooldown (Can bomb every 2 seconds).W will interact with his Q and E. Ult cooldown will be reduced at level 2 and 3 but deal reduced damage to minions.

I'm not ready.

garath

Eh without slow stacking (or even with) I don't think rylai's would be that great. Ekko's kit is basically one giant slow. Pants Are Dragon recommends liandry's on him if you want more ideas for damage. I've never built it personally but I'm sure its fine.

I actually love frozen heart on him because cdr is great but I don't build it every game since its not stupid gold efficient like it used to be

Yeah. I'm hard pressed to find good cdr for AP champs these days. Morello is not as good as it was.

I usually like building a couple damage items on my junglers so maybe I'll try a runeglaive into liandrys then tank.

Edwardo

Team Fire: Yorick, Fiddle, Vel'Koz, Urgot, Galio
Team Ice: Aatrox, Maokai, Lissandra, Twitch, Karma

Team Fire: MaRin, Score, Bjergsen, LiftLift, Madlife
Team Ice: Huni, Clearlove, Froggen, Uzi, Ka$ing

BEWARE THE DEPTHS

zkylon

zkylewd
It's either a leak or made up.

yea that's what i'm asking, u silly

imo it's made up, going back on xerath's rework just sounds like crazytalk

Team Fire: Yorick, Fiddle, Vel'Koz, Urgot, Galio
Team Ice: Aatrox, Maokai, Lissandra, Ezreal, Karma

Team Fire: MaRin, Score, Bjergsen, LiftLift, Madlife
Team Ice: Huni, Clearlove, Froggen, Uzi, Ka$ing

BEWARE THE DEPTHS
i voted koreans and froggen

ori vs anivia

gimme

Fire - Pantheon, Karthus, LeBlanc, Lulu, Kennen - Marin, Meteos, Faker, DLift, Madlife
Ice - Alistar, Amumu, Anivia, TF, Nidalee - Koro, Clearlove, Froggen, Rekkles, Kasing

I wanna see mid lane go full tryhard. And Diana better win

Syndra - The Highest Potential Mage (aka. The Lategame Mage)- Her abilities will have significant bonuses at the max level.Q's increased damage is true damage.E is wider and longer.W can be used on champions who is stunned by her e (lower range for champions).

This one sticks out. Some rioter commented at around patch 5.22 or 5.21 about buffing Syndra's passive. They mentioned making the bonus damage true damage.
So this is true or made up with a peppering of stuff that was known. I'm leaning towards the latter.

If anyone wants to add me, my lol is BeastRAGE. Down for normals or arams. Dont us any voice things though.

Does the neogaf LoL thing still work in the op?

zkylon

zkylewd
Looking back on it, they actually released the change to PBE. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/820-pbe-update.html#balance

I think a passive on q that lowered the cd on it if it hits a target would be better. But that passive is on other champs as well.
not really, syndra q has a 4s cd at all ranks so making it lower would just be a huge mana drain and would mean she has to deal less dmg, build tear, something like that.

syndra just needs more fun upgrades for her passive, similar to what viktor got. i've posted some suggestions before, might look for the post later since we're talking mids, but basically new mechanics = good.

so like, maybe upgraded e gives u a speed buff when u hit someone with ur qe combo, or maybe w'ign a ball corrupts it and makes it so that it creates a small slowing zone when it lands and you can extend that zone by e'ing it, or whatever.

just fun stuff that makes her more fun, more cdr is just blegh

Hope they look at Xerath's passive. His seems like a case where they made his mana costs high to make the passive seem better.
xerath like lux and ziggs and ori has a passive that forces him to get into auto range so that he has to take risks in order to be most effective, specially in lane

it's important for his balance even if it's not super exciting

drawkcaB

Yeah. I'm hard pressed to find good cdr for AP champs these days. Morello is not as good as it was.

I usually like building a couple damage items on my junglers so maybe I'll try a runeglaive into liandrys then tank.

Just throwing this out there, but Will of the Ancients. 80AP and 10% CDR in a nice cost effective and and build path friendly package (i.e. what you ideally want in a jungle item). The item got the same love that Gunblade did as well where it'll heal for 15% of all damage dealt, so it's sort of giving you just a bit more staying power in a fight.

And Morello's is still super cost effective, among the tops for gold return in an AP item in the game even the S6 change.

Oh, and if you want to try something truly insane...Zeke's Harbinger if you happen to have a fed ADC on your team and you're own support isn't picking it up. If you have even a modest amount of AP as a jungler (~200AP) then once the item procs it'll provide a total of 90AP. You and your ADC will tear shit up.

I hope they don't change Cass, I really like how she is right now. I don't play her much but when I do get to play her I think she's really fun. There are very few champions in the game that basically use a spell like an auto attack.

What thing, that chatroom? Or the mumble?
Meant is the spreadsheet up to date.

not really, syndra q has a 4s cd at all ranks so making it lower would just be a huge mana drain and would mean she has to deal less dmg, build tear, something like that.

syndra just needs more fun upgrades for her passive, similar to what viktor got. i've posted some suggestions before, might look for the post later since we're talking mids, but basically new mechanics = good.

so like, maybe upgraded e gives u a speed buff when u hit someone with ur qe combo, or maybe w'ign a ball corrupts it and makes it so that it creates a small slowing zone when it lands and you can extend that zone by e'ing it, or whatever.

just fun stuff that makes her more fun, more cdr is just blegh

I was thinking more about getting more balls out to set up for her ult with the suggestion. Maybe making the balls last 1s longer on the ground if they hit a champ?

xerath like lux and ziggs and ori has a passive that forces him to get into auto range so that he has to take risks in order to be most effective, specially in lane

it's important for his balance even if it's not super exciting
I understand that but the passive still sux. -_-

zkylon

zkylewd
Just throwing this out there, but Will of the Ancients. 80AP and 10% CDR in a nice cost effective and and build path friendly package (i.e. what you ideally want in a jungle item). The item got the same love that Gunblade did as well where it'll heal for 15% of all damage dealt, so it's sort of giving you just a bit more staying power in a fight.
i agree with this, wota is a pretty strong mid-lategame item on spammy aoe mids like syndra and probably good on ori too cos she gets resistances from her e passive. there are reasons why u dont build it every game (mainly that tanking dmg with spellvamp is not something most mids care about doing) but i really like it as a snowball item cos it lets you not have to base after killing someone.

but tbh you should be 35% cdr from runes and athenes so i dunno why you would ever need to buy two cdr items

jerd

And Morello's is still super cost effective, among the tops for gold return in an AP item in the game even the S6 change.

Oh, and if you want to try something truly insane...Zeke's Harbinger if you happen to have a fed ADC on your team and you're own support isn't picking it up. If you have even a modest amount of AP as a jungler (~200AP) then once the item procs it'll provide a total of 90AP. You and your ADC will tear shit up.

I liked Zeke's before these changes but don't most adcs get too close to 100% crit now for it to be super useful late?

Also, why has cass not blown up with that keystone? Seems like she'd really benefit from it

Where do you get guides for this game these days? Solomid seems super outdated.

Depends on the champion on the solomid website I guess. Was looking at Ryze guide yesterday and it was recently updated. Maybe try redmercy on youtube? He seems to be knowledgeable and he has tips and stuff.

I mainly go to probuilds just for an overview and a decent build for a top laner, runes, masteries. They track how the pro players build.

Is LoLPro still around/updated?

zkylon

zkylewd
Where do you get guides for this game these days? Solomid seems super outdated.
i'm guessing lolking, tho i dont think i've used a guide in ages

u can ask around here for tips/info if u want and also some really good tools for me are

lolwiki - always forget the url, i just google lolwiki syndra or lolwiki wota or whatever and find the info i need
champion.gg - you can search the champion and quickly get an item build/skill path for them

I was thinking more about getting more balls out to set up for her ult with the suggestion. Maybe making the balls last 1s longer on the ground if they hit a champ?
yeah i think i had suggested something similar to that

i think it was that like each maxed out spell raised the ball duration for like .5s and finally at lvl 16 you get the ability to use a 9 ball ult (or something like that)

not sure if i like my ult idea, but having longer lasting balls is nice since it might help you get multi-ball e's and stuff

I understand that but the passive still sux. -_-
yeah, it's not very interesting, but at least for how he works right now, i find it's kind of ok

the way he looks and the way his passive works, would kinda be cool if his q was like more mana cost the more you charge it up to a max that gets applied as extra dmg. this in exchange for a longer q cooldown.

maybe something interesting for his passive is that his autos place a mark on targets and if he hits a spell on that target he procs the mark for extra dmg and % mana

i kind of like the idea of him being a tear user, i always felt like xerath should be a long cooldown mage, so athenes/morellos feels less suiting for him imo, at least from a visuals/balance perspective for me

garath

Hmmm. Food for thought. Going to have to look at the price of all those and start to think about it. Ekko is just too damn fun to play to put down. And he is really good as a jungler still imo. He just seems largely forgotten lately. I've never liked him as a straight tank though. He has to do SOME damage to be effective. At least in the middle of the pool elo I play at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom