• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
played league after like three weeks, taliyah is actually really fun. she kind of feels like my kind of champion so i liked playing her a lot

that being said big issues with her usability, her w not being viktor e is weird, her ult having like three different cast modes is weird, and idk about how to go about building her

My queue times have gotten significantly worse over time.

I guess people are jumping ship.

Time to get a step back and say you fucked up riot.

maybe Riot does have prisoner islands

and you got stuck at one thanks to Costys shadow hand

dun dun duuun

That's weird though, for sure.

Like..I don't think there's only 10 people playing within your range that you end up getting 4 golds and 5 plats.

Someone fucked up there~ Like, it might be a glitch in the algorithm, that going past 10 minutes just widens your net that big? ALWAYS HIT THE REQUEUE AFTER 5 MINUTES~ rule of thumb

Newt

Lol, the logic behind it was probably like. Oh 4 gold and 1 diamond equals 5 plats lololol.

05e9fb578538bceae3f3254976c7e84f.png

This shit wouldn't have happened in the old system.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean they're all plat 5s and g1s so that's basically the same

you're the only outlier here which is really funny

Newt

My next two games were normal in terms of people matched. I don't enjoy playing with gold players. Even the basics are a struggle for them.

Leezard

dem lulu buffs doe

lmao

im really into this

her waveclear is kind of rough now tho

wait

fuck

i think q bolt thing literally removes solo lane lulu?

forget everything i said lol

damn it riot

Support Lulu buff/ solo lane lulu nerf? nice.

The buffs aren't the problem. The problem is that lots of players hate playing against him, and his W on allies is the big reason why. Turns out the player base at large hates having kills denied by a basic ability on a moderate CD.

The second he gets played again in any meaningful way he'll get near permabanned because players just don't want to play against him. This is a champion that at the height of his ban rate (80+% IIRC) his win rate was sub-50. I can't come up with another champion who had that odd ban/win rate mix.

Zed.

i mean they're all plat 5s and g1s so that's basically the same

you're the only outlier here which is really funny

Seems like a case of really low mmr then. It's really not strange that Gold 1 and Plat 5 players play against each other.

Newt

Lol, are you high Leezard. There's no way a diamond would be playing with gold without being demoted.

Sometimes you can be dense, but holy.

Anyways, my latest match is way more accurate.
3226e0ca2e1e153b825cddcf5a490fd0.png

Leezard

Lol, are you high Leezard. There's no way a diamond would be playing with gold without being demoted.

Sometimes you can be dense, but holy.

You won't get matched with gold players if you have diamond mmr. There's just no chance.

edit: so around P2/P1 mmr for regular games? All right then, that outlier game sounds like dynamic queue shenanigans.

Newt

You won't get matched with gold players if you have diamond mmr. There's just no chance.
Yeah, I might be at p1/p2 MMR but you gotta be an idiot to see that game and be like "oh yeah, just case a low mmr, this is perfectly fine.

Leezard

Step off the insults.

I don't check your profile often, for all I know you could've had P4 mmr and avoided demotion somehow. That game would not have been very strange in that case. Strange, but not enough that it couldn't be explained with a 4 man gold premade.

isn't there a buffer from being demoted from one rank to another

Like, don't you get a 3-5 safety game net from being from Diamond>Plat? It's probably possible to tank your elo whilst being within that safety guard. Win 1, lose 2, repeat.

Leezard

Like, don't you get a 3-5 safety game net from being from Diamond>Plat? It's probably possible to tank your elo whilst being within that safety guard. Win 1, lose 2, repeat.
Only when you first get promoted, like every other division. There's no safety net after the initial few games. It would probably be possible to tank the mmr some way past the demotion limit by constantly demoting/promoting yourself, always winning your series 3-2 and losing while you have the safety net games.
Sorry, it's just hard when I see these illogical posts.
It's not illogical when you don't provide context. It's more logical to assume you have bad mmr + dynamic queue grouping than that the riot gods punished you or that you got a glitch in the matchmaking.

Newt

Nah, every game you lose at zero lp tanks your elo and once you reach like p3 mmr you get demoted.

zkylon

zkylewd
i had forgotten how much fun this game was, really

Support Lulu buff/ solo lane lulu nerf? nice.
it's not even that much of a mid lulu nerf

it's a nice change, i like extra utility

Yeah, I might be at p1/p2 MMR but you gotta be an idiot to see that game and be like "oh yeah, just case a low mmr, this is perfectly fine.

don't call ppl idiots

it's super possible that the system just straight up messed up but it's also possible you have low mmr and they have high mmr so u got matched together

Newt

No, you'll never have someone in diamond being matched with someone in gold 5 in ranked due to high and low MMR. It's not even possible unless the person was dodging promo games.

zer0das

Banned
Lol, the logic behind it was probably like. Oh 4 gold and 1 diamond equals 5 plats lololol.

This shit wouldn't have happened in the old system.

I've seen it happen. Usually I was on the side with the golds and some d5 duoing with a friend who was god awful and only gold due to that. Of course they put limits on it at some point, but it happened fairly frequently in like s3 or so, at least for me. Or a silver and a d5 or something equally dumb. Oh, the worst part was the d5 usually would defend their awful friend to the death, even if they were like 0-20 as a duo. Course most of these d5s were probably boosted, since a lot of them played worse than the average gold player so yeeeah.

Leezard

Context on the Kindred nerfs from Reddit.

Kindred changes are harsh but likely needed. Here's the problem. We've historically had to balance Kindred around the fact that kiting jungle mobs has a huge delta between experienced and non-experienced players. Kite well and you take no damage. Kite poorly and you might not be able to complete your first clear.
As such Kindred has historically had to have very high base stats and healing to ensure that she can clear, even when not kiting optimally. This resulted in a character who was insane when played well. She's a ranged character who gets to run around at full health all the time with the base stats of a melee on top of that.
The changes to wolf are trying to address the kiting delta. The assumption is that if we can make Kindred's jungle kiting easier (wolf slows jungle monsters and causes them to attack less frequently) we can then take away her Melee champion base stats without the previous side effect of making her unable to clear the jungle.
End result? Kindred becomes an actually squishy champion (similar to other ADC's) which allows burst and melee focused characters to take advantage of her easier in the early game. Then if she's too weak, we can put power back into her spells. It's a lot more fair for Vayne to jump around and deal a bunch of damage to you if she actually takes damage when you jump on her.

So... Riot is aware she might get too weak but are prepared to buff her again if needed, it seems.

Newt

I've seen it happen. Usually I was on the side with the golds and some d5 duoing with a friend who was god awful and only gold due to that. Of course they put limits on it at some point, but it happened fairly frequently in like s3 or so, at least for me. Or a silver and a d5 or something equally dumb. Oh, the worst part was the d5 usually would defend their awful friend to the death, even if they were like 0-20 as a duo. Course most of these d5s were probably boosted, since a lot of them played worse than the average gold player so yeeeah.
Yeah, I mean it makes sense in duo situations but I was solo and now diamond has duo restrictions anyways.

zer0das

Banned
Yeah, I mean it makes sense in duo situations but I was solo and now diamond has duo restrictions anyways.

Oh it does? Haha.. oh man. They keep changing so stuff much, I can't even keep track of it anymore. I play my one ranked game every so often to keep my rank, but that's it. No desire to wait in queue for so long.

jerd

Primarily tank ekko got nerfed since he got higher scaling/lower base, AP ekko is about the same as before. Nerfs working as intended? :)

I thought so too but his win rate plummeted across the board so idk maybe part placebo like riot says happens often. Honestly the passive timing nerf is insanely noticeable in the jungle and makes his clears feel kinda bad early.

Leezard

I thought so too but his win rate plummeted across the board so idk maybe part placebo like riot says happens often. Honestly the passive timing nerf is insanely noticeable in the jungle and makes his clears feel kinda bad early.

I see. He still seems to be quite strong, right? I still see bans.

jerd

Yeah i think i misread his winrate. It's definitely down to reasonable levels but i thought his top win rate was 47% when it's actually 49. I just really hope they don't call it a day and decide to balance him around tank builds.

6.13 tentative changes
Teleport destination VFX is now shown if you have vision within 500 units of the target point.
In practical terms, if they teleport to a brush that you do not have vision in - you will still see a teleport channel particle so long as you have vision of the area around the brush.
RIP sneaky bot lane TP ganks

Forbidden Idol items increases heals and shields, uh oh

faridmon

Context on the Kindred nerfs from Reddit.

So... Riot is aware she might get too weak but are prepared to buff her again if needed, it seems.

Hmm, I should I have known that Kindred was/is indeed designed to be a high ceiling champ.

No wonder I struggled with her.

Luigi87

... First game of promos to get back t o S1, as soon I enter lobby our Supp takes Smite and says he's going to split push all day after lane phase. Also he picks Teemo.
Teemo gets banned, so he picks Singed.

And no one dodges (naturally I couldn't due to promos).

... Lovely.

Edit: Oh he's not even going to support.
10:31 in enemy favour
12/1 Kha on enemy team

Team won't surrender. Waste of my time...

Eventually lost. Enemy team were all 2~3 levels higher than mine because of how much they got fed/Singed fed them.

First ranked game with Illaoi

That gank was at level 4 ... where the Mid AND Jg tried to gank me. Then around level 6 they did it again but it ended in a blood bash for em cause my team followed them.

When I think of Illaoi I think of her like Donger ... it's OK not to gank them unless they're low on mana and hp cause that shit kinda works in their favor a lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish the passive on Ardent Censer applied on self-heals and shields.
that's never healthy, imagine that on like swain or vlad or whatever.

not sure if i'm a fan of the ardent censer changes overall, i feel like further directing sustain supports towards beating u thru sustain instead of say the aggressive stuff that nami or sona can do (and to a degree soraka i guess) is kind of lame, i much rather something like a passive that got charges when u healed other ppl that when it reaches 100 it does like a mini ludens echo effect on ur next spell or something

something that promotes aggressive play

6.13 tentative changes

RIP sneaky bot lane TP ganks
probably for the best i guess

the extra cast time is gonna be pretty big in competitive too i think

see i kind of like this, i want to see other games force riot to be less shitty about stuff

like charging money for champions

would be nice if league didn't have that bullshit

Zynx

I don't think the PBE Lulu changes are beneficial to even support Lulu as a whole. Making her Q do 70% damage to targets after the first makes her a lot weaker in both lane and teamfights.

And 300 more gold on Forbidden Idol for slightly more impactful heals? Meh - I actually like the current version - it's mana regen and CDR for a really low price.

Top Bottom