• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Considering the amount of money Riot made last year I doubt League has stopped growing lol

Also what other content do you want in a game literally about playable characters lol, maps and modes that will be dead in two weeks?

I've run into enough players like you that I don't show my picks anymore. Plus when you do this you have a decent chance of tilting your teammate. Actually, it feels increasingly common that the players I get matched with have stopped showing their picks too, so every time I ban I have to ask "are you planning on playing (Swain/Voli/etc.)?"

So now we just have an extra half minute of wait time at the start of pick/bans.

I predict all Lulu winrates will drop if the 70% Q damage on non-initial targets change goes through. Feels to me all of you are underestimating how important that damage is to her.

I always make sure to announce I want swain

I go

'get me swaaaain'

it usually works out

zkylon

zkylewd
the only problem with league is that conan obrien hasn't yet reviewed it

I've run into enough players like you that I don't show my picks anymore. Plus when you do this you have a decent chance of tilting your teammate. Actually, it feels increasingly common that the players I get matched with have stopped showing their picks too, so every time I ban I have to ask "are you planning on playing (Swain/Voli/etc.)?"

So now we just have an extra half minute of wait time at the start of pick/bans.

I predict all Lulu winrates will drop if the 70% Q damage on non-initial targets change goes through. Feels to me all of you are underestimating how important that damage is to her.
the ratio buff will compensate a bunch for that

i predict quite the opposite, i bet the insane utility she just got is probably gonna make her op

i'll bet u a funny ms paint drawing of ur favorite champion

Considering the amount of money Riot made last year I doubt League has stopped growing lol

Also what other content do you want in a game literally about playable characters lol, maps and modes that will be dead in two weeks?
exactly

they add new champions, rework old ones, they rebalance the game, added rotating silly modes, new client, new format to eu/na lcs, there's issues but saying riot does nothing is being really out of touch with the game

One thing I do actually like about new champ select is the intended pick thing. Some dude wants to Rengar top, nope ban that out, you're gonna pick something easier to get carried on.
This is a pretty dick move and the reason this community is so awful !
I do the same thing with AP supports. All. The. Time.

zer0das

Banned
but then you have places like the s. korean league servers where masters/challengers are actually plentiful and none of the issues that NA has exists over there(in terms of queue time/finding games/going against competitive people).

The Korean server also has a lot more people on it, and they're all on one time zone. I mean, the "Murica is lazy and trolly" narrative sounds nice, but it is apples and oranges. And Riot doesn't give a crap about apples apparently.

Luigi87

When your top Poppy feeds Darius 4 kills before ten minutes, then the enemy team gets ahead, but your team pulls together for teammate fights and make a great comeback to win.

... games like that give me ulcers, lol

Calvero

Banned
When your top Poppy feeds Darius 4 kills before ten minutes, then the enemy team gets ahead, but your team pulls together for teammate fights and make a great comeback to win.

... games like that give me ulcers, lol

I did that once. Gave Darius 2 kills in like 4 minutes. I just gave up lane and played the rest of the map instead and let my team carry me early and most of mid game. Then Darius was pretty useless, since he did nothing with his lead.

Luigi87

Eventually I think our Poppy decided to try to have their team chase her while the rest of us would push objectives.
Seemed to have worked. She was still level 7 at 18 minutes though, so for a while I thought we didn't stand a chance no matter how well I was doing.

I was Zyra mid (got a nice double when a Jarvan tried to gank me a second time after he killed me the first time) vs Vel'Koz mid... The amusing thing about the match-up is it's purely about landing your burst ASAP, since whoever does their ult combo burst first will get the kill, since they can just explode each other.

Of course my biggest threat came in the form of an Annie support who kept trying to get around to ult stun me, but I caught onto that quick enough. Biggest win was my team's Ashe who was behind (0-4 for a while) we fed some kills to, until she just snowballed like crazy (getting two quadras, and ending at 22/6). They still tried focusing me first over her (so I bought a GA while Rammus peeled hard for Ashe, lol) which led to them losing.

Now back in promos... again.

Oh it was also satisfying since the enemy team was shittalking my team throughout the early stages, and then once we got ahead there was just silence among their chat.

Hmmm, just had a lil shit show.

Normals and ... one of our team members made it to plat last season? Everyone else was currently high silver and I'm a B3 soooo I'm wondering how this can be.

The ENEMY team was a 3 man Bronze premade with TP on all 3 of them (Top/ ADC/ Sup). Our mid dies then DCs. I died and ... the bot lane tps to my tower and takes it. They had been grouping up with their cheese comp before anyone was level 6 so it was like 0-7.

I told my team I'm not down with dealing with this premade TP BS in a 4v5 and dipped. Coulda stayed and tuffed it out I guess but I can't fucking stand dealing with a fed Teemo.

Anyway, looked up the premade top teemo's match history and in ranked he does the same shit (premade with at least the ADC and at least one of them has TP regardless of role). This kinda shit is why I don't like premades in my solo playing exp :/

I remember in a ranked game the enemy team was off the map for the start and ... did the fire drag as soon as it came up. We still won but that type of shit stinks of "premade" as in you get all or most all of your team to try to do some cheese BS .

Anyway, recently got Ragdoll Poppy in the boxes ... which is strange cause the main hope of mine when I started buying boxes was to get an old Poppy skin like that one but since the nerfs I stopped playing her.

Might give her another try.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol__arcade_sona_by_ippus-d67jwht.png

mercy_by_tsuaii-da6nkvu.jpg

videogames are cool

It's hard playing this game Ranked Duo with a friend when he makes such random, poor decisions. I don't know how many games now he just fucks up towards end of game and tries split pushing a lane while we're getting rammed down mid. Then by time he notices, we're dead and it's too late. I can't think of a nice way to tell him "what the fuck are you doing?" So I just sigh heavily and let him know I'm done with League for the night.

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah, every single one of my friends except one that played back when i played left ~6 months ago and probably won't ever come back. That's like 12 people.

It's hard playing this game Ranked Duo with a friend when he makes such random, poor decisions. I don't know how many games now he just fucks up towards end of game and tries split pushing a lane while we're getting rammed down mid. Then by time he notices, we're dead and it's too late. I can't think of a nice way to tell him "what the fuck are you doing?" So I just sigh heavily and let him know I'm done with League for the night.

If your friend is always making suspect decisions at crucial times, I'd suggest pointing some out since you'll end up losing some LP unlike a throwaway normal match.

This game was a struggle and a HALF!
(There's some colorful Premade vs solo in fighting in there to)
(I sold my SV to make room for the IE for the finally TF. It was late AF, I had tons of gold and I figured "fuck it, they run away anytime they see me ANYWAY and I doubt they're gonna check my items ...")

I also legit snapped in chat. I mean, Nid is split pushing to bot Inhib tower ... Luc and the JG back to stop her. Some how she KILLS Luc and gets Grag to 1/6th of his HP as he's running away.

Said "WTF is wrong with you 2?!? WHY is she bodying you 2?!?". Only thing I typed all game. Not my proudest moment but the non-stop split pushing, the mid and ADC getting picked off all the time and the enemy ADC being Cait doing Cait things pushed me too far for a moment -_-

By the end I was soo pissed I was in kill mode in their base and didn't even notice that I could hit their nesus for a moment.

Last one to end the night!

I am REALLY loving Illaoi!
(Just noticed that the Top and JG BOTH have the same kinda name so yeah ... them being premade explains why Lee kept trying to gank me no matter how many times I turned it on em)

Also most DMG in the game (well, other then Yorick. But we all know his buggy BS kit is bugged, broken and doesn't count)

Sorry to flood this page with random Normals games but I'm just excited cause I normally don't do this much DMG or get this many kills. I normally don't feel like I carried a game through straight up brute force ... normally if I feel like I carried it's credited to Rott pressure and locking people down with CC for the team.

Been playing her in normals to get a better understanding of her match ups. People seem to like to play Yorick into her cause of his BS kit ... but lucky I heard that "Yorick's nothing if you have bush control" so I've been playing around that. Also when playing her into AA heavy all in champs like Xin it's best to play passive til 6. 6 is when you can burst them down but before that they're too much to handle.

patchday

I don't want to be a biatch and keep complaining but this looks like a legit question.

I want:

- Replays that I can save in-game! Replay.gg is okay for most of us but doesnt work for everyone

- Sandbox mode. PLEASE!!!! Training for last hits is a pain in the ass. This is inexcusable too me
- A client integrated into the game (like Dota Reborn) * Tired of watching people take forever to load Summoner's Rift. Game really only has 1 map. Preload this sucker!!!!!
- Options to adjust game speed (ala Starcraft to at least speed up XP & Gold). This way I can get my games done faster.

To be fair- I might not play LoL much even if they add all this in a few years so I guess Riot should just maintain their current course. I mean at this point is kinda too late for me at least for the next few months. I'm enjoying OW, Hearthstone (for 1v1 ranked), Dark Souls 3 (single player), etc

[edit] Will still play LoL every couple of weeks to checkout free rotation. I mean I dont hate this game. LCS is still great!
[edit 2] Weekend mode is a failure. I love URF. Every other mode has been stinky too me :(

[edit 3] Just logged on hoping for URF. Nope (guess I'm up too early in morning). Weekend mode fail.

Quonny

You don't play a game because it doesn't have built-in replays? You're not playing because it takes 30 seconds to load a map for a 20+ minute match?

It just sounds like you're bored of the game. Which is fine. I don't know why you keep bringing up all these reasons you're not playing when the truth is you just don't find it very fun. Which, again, is a totally legit reason. You know you won't play if they implement those features, comeonson.

patchday

I think I would play though. You might not remember but months ago I asked for more modes. They finally added weekend warrior. But only mode I liked is URF

See- this is what Blizzard does. Their weekend warrior modes (Brawl Hearthstone & Brawl Overwatch)- all take place on the same 'maps'. They just do simple stuff. Right now Hearthstone gives you full mana for this weekly brawl and it gives great rewards for your first win for playing. Overwatch's Brawls all take place on the same maps players enjoy [edit] This was a stupid example

I kinda want League to do the same. dont make us go to treeline and Dominion. Those maps are yucky too me ;(

* My point is like the typical League player all I like is Summoner's Rift and ARAM maps. which reminds me I could return to ARAM. just wish that map didnt last so long

faridmon

League has its issues sure, but what game doesn't. It just feels your typical complains are very nitpicky and focused. While also ignoring the fact that the game is in constant shift in terms of Balancing, UI, Art, Client, Server, ELO, etc...

Yes it has problems, but can we not be patient until Riot deems viable to add those features.

Honestly, it just sounds like you don't really like League as much as you like League's mechanics. Besides some extra silly modes every now and then I don't think you should expect the game to ever cater to you.

patchday

Yeah I realized that a few months ago and moved on. Still like to drop in every now and then because I do love the base mechanics. I don't want that to change one bit

Leezard

I don't like most rotating game modes, but I think Hearthstone's Tavern Brawls are mostly stinkers as well. Most of them are just good for that one pack reward.

The shitty thing about having to FF a 4v5 is when you're actually doing WELL but the person who DCed after dying 3 times in the early game was the ADC Jhin.

Mid-late game we were somehow ahead in kills and shit but because the Jhin afked at level 6 we had no long ranged dmg :/.

Feel like we coulda held out if our mid was like Lux or something long ranged. But there's not much that can be done when everyone on the team has to be soo damn close to them to do dmg and they have a Brand/ Wukong/ Morg.

Talents

Banned
The shitty thing about having to FF a 4v5 is when you're actually doing WELL but the person who DCed after dying 3 times in the early game was the ADC Jhin.

Mid-late game we were somehow ahead in kills and shit but because the Jhin afked at level 6 we had no long ranged dmg :/.

Feel like we coulda held out if our mid was like Lux or something long ranged. But there's not much that can be done when everyone on the team has to be soo damn close to them to do dmg and they have a Brand/ Wukong/ Morg.

I had a game like that yesterday. Every lane won except top lane, we're winning the game altogether and 17 or so minutes in he just says "gotta afk good luck" and sits and the fountain moving around and spamming his Q for the rest of the game so he doesn't get afk detected. Pretty sure he was win trading or something.

patchday

I thought weekend modes started Friday? Just checked again and I dont see anything ;(

goinna run a bot game as Rek'Sai. Havent played this gal in forever.

[edit] shiiii, chose wrong mastery for her. Forgot to go Strength of Ages. Alright I do wish MAstery could be changed at map start

I had a game like that yesterday. Every lane won except top lane, we're winning the game altogether and 17 or so minutes in he just says "gotta afk good luck" and sits and the fountain moving around and spamming his Q for the rest of the game so he doesn't get afk detected. Pretty sure he was win trading or something.

Trading wins? What? Like, he knew someone on the enemy team and tried to give them a win?

On the flip side I feel like I legit carried this one.

(Graves may have more Kill participation by one but I never saw him do shit in a group setting)
Feel like I'm starting to learn more about the game now that I've gone back to the Top lane. Like, I know Pant falls off HARD late game (had one who was like 21/4 but couldn't do shit to stop us around the 40 min mark) and as long as Garen doesn't get an early lead he's useless. So I was happy to just farm it out .. the Garen knew the basics of how to face an Illaoi but not how to capitalize on him being manaless and me being mana based. (as in, they gank me, I take down the JG and almost Garen ... but I have no more mana and lil HP but he yet runs away from me as I limp back to my tower).

Noticed that after I killed him twice he still wanted to build BC instead of just going tanky so I was like " ... OK, guess I'll go straight DMG to with DD as normal instead of rushing a BC cause no one's building armor yet".

Leezard

Trading wins? What? Like, he knew someone on the enemy team and tried to give them a win?

Once you get to the really high elo you can kinda easily get into the same game by queueing at the same time, especially if you play during off-peak hours (middle of the night etc.). So yeah, there are people who try to give each other wins there.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't like most rotating game modes, but I think Hearthstone's Tavern Brawls are mostly stinkers as well. Most of them are just good for that one pack reward.

yeah the modes in overwatch aren't great either

this week specially they did like a call of duty mode

omfg i hated that so much i almost ragequit

Zynx

the only problem with league is that conan obrien hasn't yet reviewed it

the ratio buff will compensate a bunch for that

i predict quite the opposite, i bet the insane utility she just got is probably gonna make her op

i'll bet u a funny ms paint drawing of ur favorite champion

You're on. What site/statistic are we going to use?

zkylon

zkylewd
huh the sona pic is a remake of an older sona pic.
yeah it is

looks much better so i posted it anyways

I didnt know mercy can glide in the air
wth, that's like her thing

Dynamic queue update

tl;dr - ranked emblems + scheduled ranked 5s are coming plus hard data on effect of autofill, champ select
i'm surprised that with how worried rito seems to be about not showing you your elo so you don't get bullied or whatever, they just introduced a really big thing that tells the community of assholes that you don't deserve your rank

You're on. What site/statistic are we going to use?
hmm good question. i think we just need to do champion.gg cos even if competitive would be the fairest she's not played at all in competitive right now so it'd be hard to tell if she fell even harder

so let's do champion.gg, if her winrate grows or falls dramatically we win/lose

Feels bad when you've been doing well vs a currently very strong champ in lane (even though you've had to be AFK a lot for RL stuff) but you can't translate that into shit cause your team has been feeding Rango so much he can pretty much 1v3 if you're not there.

Try to group to keep Rango from 1v3ing your team but that just means they can stall out as the Iriela or w/e just splits endlessly cause you're the on only one who can stop her.

Feels bad :/

Top Bottom