• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
Happened to me in S4. Played to Plat 5 and thought what the heck might as well try shooting for Diamond because I had some time left. Ended up skipping to Plat 3 then Plan 1 then Diamond 5 with a 75% win rate spamming Morgana with Nami as backup.

When's the deadline anyway?

Nov 8.

typist

Maybe a random question, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether a laptop with a 920m card would be good enough to run lol at a steady 60fps with some recording program running in the background? I'm starting to feel like my lousy laptop is a bottleneck for my performance, and I'd also like to start a Youtube channel. Thanks in advance for any advice. Hope everyone enjoys the game tonight!

Newt

Maybe a random question, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether a laptop with a 920m card would be good enough to run lol at a steady 60fps with some recording program running in the background? I'm starting to feel like my lousy laptop is a bottleneck for my performance, and I'd also like to start a Youtube channel. Thanks in advance for any advice. Hope everyone enjoys the game tonight!
Depends on the CPU.

Nekofrog

Banned
3Hfw6tk.png

just helped get someone stripped of their season rewards

how mad do you gotta be when the season is ALMOST over and it all gets taken away

I can't remember the name of the CPU but I think it was around 2.7ghz, also 8gb of ram

Still hard to say without knowing the model - but I'd wager it's an i5? CPU will be plenty enough grunt to play at 60FPS depending on resolution.

In terms of recording, you might be better using your CPUs GPU (assuming Intel) with QuickSync rather than Nvidia Shadowplay as your GPU is quite weak.

typist

Still hard to say without knowing the model - but I'd wager it's an i5? CPU will be plenty enough grunt to play at 60FPS depending on resolution.

In terms of recording, you might be better using your CPUs GPU (assuming Intel) with QuickSync rather than Nvidia Shadowplay as your GPU is quite weak.

Yeah I think it's an i5, resolution will probably be at 720p. I'll try QuickSync too, thanks for the suggestion xD

I love that I got stuck playing Support during my first time trying out the new ranked Flex queue on PBE.

zzzZzZZZzzz.....

edit: Does AFKing out of a PBE ranked game have any impact on your main account? Asking for someone I know.

I love that I got stuck playing Support during my first time trying out the new ranked Flex queue on PBE.

zzzZzZZZzzz.....

edit: Does AFKing out of a PBE ranked game have any impact on your main account? Asking for someone I know.

Pick MF support I hear its the new hotness

Ivern Support is pretty legit too

Xion385

After watching SSG vs STK last night. I decided to started playing League. That was the very first match I watched into completion. What's a good starting character for a total noob to play with because everyone keeps getting Ashe first....

After watching SSG vs STK last night. I decided to started playing League. That was the very first match I watched into completion. What's a good starting character for a total noob to play with because everyone keeps getting Ashe first....

If you want to play an easy marksman, Sivir is a pretty good one to pick up. Some other champions that are easy to pick up are Master Yi, Annie, Garen, and Malphite.

Make sure to stay away from Yasuo and Azir =)

Xion385

If you want to play an easy marksman, Sivir is a pretty good one to pick up. Some other champions that are easy to pick up are Master Yi, Annie, Garen, and Malphite.

Make sure to stay away from Yasuo and Azir =)

Cool. I'm looking at builds for Sivir right now and learning what and ADC is.... I'm making a mistake getting into this game ain't I. I feel like it's going to consume a lot of my time.

A lot of the 450IP champions are generally good and competitive.

My personal suggestion would be Garen whilst you pick up the general mechanics.

Kenai

Cool. I'm looking at builds for Sivir right now and learning what and ADC is.... I'm making a mistake getting into this game ain't I. I feel like it's going to consume a lot of my time.

Get ready for the highest highs and lowest lows of your multiplayer lyfe

Talents

Banned

Riven Yasuo or Vayne are the easiest to pick up most likely. Or you could try some of the harder champs like Garen Annie or Ashe

Talents

Banned
Stay away from ADC, you'll thank me later.

I can vouch for this. I highly regret picking ADC as my secondary role. Or maybe it's cause I just play the shortest ranged adc's so I get mowed down in fights a lot. Also fuck playing ADC in lower elos, even if you're smurfing it's hard to win lane when your support is masturbating behind you all game and not playing aggro at all.

Newt

Yeah I've noticed when I was playing on my smurf, or even sometimes with normal games with friends a lot of supports in like gold or W/e play super passive and kind of expect you to do everything lol.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

garen and annie are good for getting you started out as well

Xion385

garen and annie are good for getting you started out as well
Thanks for the recommendation, guys. I'm loving using Annie so far. I'm just still trying to learn match ups. It' just difficult when people constantly leave your game. I never had a full party in any of my matches year. I ran into a hell of a time mid-laning against Lee Sin.

Is there any groups on GAF that takes newbies to their groups or is everyone just already high level? Just getting discouraged with all the people constantly leaving my matches.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Thanks for the recommendation, guys. I'm loving using Annie so far. I'm just still trying to learn match ups. It' just difficult when people constantly leave your game. I never had a full party in any of my matches year. I ran into a hell of a time mid-laning against Lee Sin.

Is there any groups on GAF that takes newbies to their groups or is everyone just already high level? Just getting discouraged with all the people constantly leaving my matches.

are you on the EU or NA server?

Newt

Add Lord Newt, we have a club, but unfortunately it's full. The highest ranked people in the club are me and Fallen at Dia V, but don't worry we're both shit so you should be fine.

Fallen is more shit tho ;)

Edit: Forgot about Neko but dw he sucks too

Xion385

Add Lord Newt, we have a club, but unfortunately it's full. The highest ranked people in the club are me and Fallen at Dia V, but don't worry we're both shit so you should be fine.

Fallen is more shit tho ;)

Edit: Forgot about Neko but dw he sucks too

add envelaap, i'm a silver V scrub who's always down to drop some LP

add NaotaFakuza, so we can both learn how to use our abilities together.

Thank you guys.

ChrisD

I can vouch for this. I highly regret picking ADC as my secondary role. Or maybe it's cause I just play the shortest ranged adc's so I get mowed down in fights a lot. Also fuck playing ADC in lower elos, even if you're smurfing it's hard to win lane when your support is masturbating behind you all game and not playing aggro at all.

I always get pinged off when I try to aggro in-lane. They just want to farm when we have Ults and they're pushing in. :(

Top Bottom